OOC:
1. Character Name: Carwyn Zazkex
2. Character Age: 1 year/7 months
3. Character Gender: Male
4. Preferred Specialized Rank: 1# Kenpo 2# Oshin
5. OOC Name: Daniel Dryden
6. Other Characters Played: Pendzez/Flayra Zazkex
7. OOC Second Form of Contact: PM, email
Some bits in this will be explained in his soon to be well detailed...not-biography :3

After months of absence from the land of Souls, Carwyn had returned. He went off find his mother and brother a sister, only to be tailed by his father. Pendz was informing him to come back home. Despite his father’s command, Carwyn refused. He wanted to find his mother. He wanted his siblings to come back home. He wasn’t going to end his search because his father said so.

After all the talking, Pendz finally agreed to let Carwyn go on, as long as he went as well. The journey seemed to go on forever, especially since there were no leads or clues to where they might have been. After several months, Carwyn eventually started to wish to go home. Pendz, of course, wanted him to, yet he saw the strength the boy had. The same determination that Pendz had. However, Carwyn decided to turn back.

Pendz did not go back with him. Pendz decided that he would go on himself and only return when he found Xeris. It was then that Pendz gave Carwyn his sword. The Masamune. Handed down to Carwyn. Carwyn had no knowledge of the Masamune, nor on how to use it. Despite this, Pendz trusted him to it and walked off. Carwyn tried to object, yet eventually, took it with him back to home.

Carwyn carried his father's sword with him all the way. Holstered on his back across his back, above the tail. He found it more easy to un sheath that way.

Carwyn had only just returned, to find Phoenix Valley was no more, but merged to make another. The trail led him to the border of unfamilar land. This was confusing to him. He had only hoped to at least meet a familiar face, if any of the old Phoenix Valley members reside in these lands. Yet, if he was to be sure, he would have to make himself noticed. With a deep breath, he let out a howl, so someone, if anyone, would hear.
[[apologies for the lack of table! welcome back to 'souls dearest and welcome to InH!]]

The last few weeks had been a bit of a blur for the male and he hadnt been able to properly organise his thoughts properly the way he'd wanted to. However, he was making good headway on training the horses, getting Arete to accept a heavy blanket on her back and a head collar were just two things that would get her ready for the saddle and bridle later down the line. Maia was a little more difficult but it was to be expected- she'd lived in the wild for a while and breaking her was going to be much more difficult. It was the reason he spent a lot of time at the Ranch these past couple of days- along with studying the five animals Tawny had bought back. They were llamas and they were funny creatures to deal with, that was for certain. He spent a great deal of time watching them, seeing how the interacted and behaved with each other.

His thoughts were scattered as a howl broke through the air. He raised his head, turned towards the borders before he swiftly ushered Maia out into the grazing paddock, locking the gate behind him. He moved to run, stretching his body out as he moved in his optime form. It was likely that another had gotten there before him, but there was also a chance that nobody had answered it yet. He liked to meet those coming in to Ichika, see who was new in the pack, so he usually tried to answer calls at the border. He moved swiftly out to the borders, green eyes spotting a pale form in the distance before he came to a stop a few metres away.

"Hello there. This is Ichika no Ho-en. Im Saul Stormbringer... How can I help?"

He had to ask these things, as he had no idea whether the male was here to join or to trade. He spotted the sword hilt over the males shoulder and wondered about it. Still, he was not here to judge on appearance and he would find out more about the male before he made any opinions.
No problems ^^ and thank you. Also, the sheath is across his back, not along.

Now was the waiting game. Whilst he was waiting for a living soul to approach him, he waited, like a well educated wolf, he stayed at the border of the lands. He remembered that he once was able to walk in and out of the pack border when he was with Phoenix Valley. Yet now, since he was about to enter unfamiliar grounds, he will need to go by the very first rule in joining a pack. He took this liberty to stretch him to unstress his muscles.

While he continued to wait, he sat on the soft ground as he looked up into the cloudy sky. He started to think back to the last time he saw his father. He remembered that, as Pendz was walking away, Carwyn turned the opposite direction and walked away. The two separated and went their own paths. Pendz went to the north and Carwyn went back south towards home. The last thing he said to his father, was good bye. Yet, he wasn't sure if it would be the last goodbye. Deep down, he knew it wouldn't be, but he somewhat felt that it would be.

He snapped back to the real world as he was approached by a stranger. A wolf of this packland maybe? Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Nothing dangerous was found on the creatures person. This didn't stop him from making sure that the wolf wasn't dangerous.

When the wolf stopped just several meters away from him, Carwyn stood up before the male stranger, bowing before. "My name is Carwyn Zazkex. I was a member of Phoenix Valley along with my parents Pendzez Zazkex and Xeris de Heritage. I recently returned from trying to find my mother, but found Phoenix Valley was merged with another pack. The trail led here. I wish to join."
[[apologies- I assumed it was lengthways down his back! <33]]

Green eyes watched the white male lift himself from the ground and he smiled softly towards him. Saul was a friendly wolf and he was glad that he'd made it out here to be involved in the joining process. He couldnt get a feel for the male just yet- he had no idea who he was nor what he was like and he had no idea on how the other male was. But that was the whole point of meeting others, to get to know them and to understand them. Saul stood a few metres back and he slipped his right hand around the satchel strap across his chest- he didnt like to stand awkwardly in front of others with nothing to do with his hands. Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as the male responded immediately, a deep rich timbre to his voice. Saul could see that the wolf was only a few months older than he was and perhaps roughly the same size as he was. Finished sizing the male up, he digested what he had to say.

"Welcome back to Nova Scotia Carwyn, I hope your travels went well. I have a few questions to ask before I can accept you, but it won't take long."

He said, organising his thoughts into logical thought paths. It was easy to see where one question led on to the other when he lay it succinctly out in his mind. Twisting the strap of the satchel for a moment, he continued. "Have you been convicted of any crimes in your life?" He asked, knowing it was one of the only questions he had to ask that was extremely personal. He already knew where the male had come from and it seemed he'd been born in Phoenix Valley, so he didnt need to ask the male to explain where he'd come from. Nor did he need to ask what happened to his family, as he'd already disgressed that he'd been looking for his mother on his travels. To make the process quicker, he proceeded with the question he would have asked in the second round of questioning he had to offer.

"What skills do you have to contribute to Ichika? How do you intend to contribute to the pack and what job do you think would best suit you?"

He asked, thinking of the many jobs Ichika had to offer. Of course, the sword on his back might have been an indication but he had to ask regardless.
All good ^^

He had his eye on the male inhabitant. Carwyn was prompt to deduce that the male was one of the leader, or subleader, perchance. He knew that he had no need to fear. From the sound of the male before him, and what he was saying, he seemed like the good kind. When the male spoke the first speech, the white male just nodded, acknowledging that question were gonna be put before him.

The first question was about if there were any crimes that Carwyn committed. "No. None at all."

Next was about contribution. That was a good question. What could Carwyn offer to the pack. While he still somewhat inexperienced, he did have some skills under his belt. He had a sword, some swordplay skills, some knowledge in herbal medicines. Could that do?

"I have some experience with swordplay and herbal medicines. Is that sufficient?"
[html]

<33 aaaalmost finished!

There was no hesitation in the males answer, an immediate response that was confident and sure. It relieved the male to know that the male had no crimes. In all fairness, he'd never met anyone at Ichika's borders who had commited a crime, but it was a necessary question. Ichika was about family and trust and opening with these questions ensured that they only allowed wolves in who were trustworthy. Of course, there was always the notion in the back of Sauls mind- what about those who have not yet commited a crime? Still, there was an honesty about this male that Saul liked and he hoped they might become friends in the future.

"I am relieved to hear it Carwyn."

He said honestly, dipping his head softly in a slight bow. His right hand still tucked into his satchel strap while his left remained hanging by his side. For a moment, a silence reared between the two and Saul allowed the white male to consider the skills he would have to offer Ichika. Saul though back to when he'd been accepted into Dahlia- he'd had no skills to speak of. But being in a pack was about growing and developing, Ichika more than most. The males rich voice came again and Saul offered an encouraging smile, accompanied by a swift nod. "Thats more than enough to be getting on with. Ichika is a pack dedicated to helping each other, developing new skills and learning from another. You will lose track of all that we can teach you." He answered firmly, knowing that there were some very talented people in Ichika.

He had no more questions, which meant it was time for the Creed. He couldnt remember how many times he'd spoken these words, knowing them off by heart and back to front in his sleep. "If you could repeat after me- I am a Zazkez, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life." Saul spoke clearly, allowing Carwyn to repeat his sentences back to him before he continued. It was over quickly and Saul smiled softly.

"Welcome to Ichika Carwyn. I have a task for you, to be completed with another Ichikan. I would like you to go to the mountains and hunt an animal to present to the pack- it can be anything, but it has to be a large animal. A ram or a goat perhaps."

He said, thinking of the ram he'd recently procurred from Anathema. He should probably go and check on him, although he must admit the llamas were intriguing him. Tawny spent a lot of time with them, which was good for the little girl. He looked up at Carwyn, a hand held out as if to physically invite him into the lands, to step over the flowers and enter his new home.

word count → 000 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
oh, a creed :3

Well, everything seemed to be in order. Now, he was able to join, or at least just about there. There seemed to be one more thing that needed to be done, or, more along the lines of 'said.' While that Saul acknowledged of no convictions against Carwyn and that his pre-learned skills were satisfactory, there was just one me thing thing to say.

It was a Creed.

This was a bit confusing for the young Zazkex male. He had no been in a pack that required a Creed to be quoted by a newcomer. It seemed a bit lengthy, yet from memory, he heard of a human story of a man that started a Creed, millenniums ago. There was no similarities to this Creed and that Creed. Besides, the Creed he was thinking of was religion based.

"I am a Zazkez, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life."

Now, his initiation was complete. From this moment forth, he was a full fledged Ichikan. To acknowledge this to himself, he took one step forward into the land.
Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en!

Welcome and congratulations! You are now free to begin posting as a pack member, even if your joiner thread is not yet completed.

Your first task as a member of Ichika no Ho-en is to create a thread within the InH subforum performing the as directed by the Ichikan who accepted your character. This thread must be within the Ichika no Ho-en subforum and must have at least one other InH member within it. Feel free to create an all-welcome thread, and refer to the link given above or to the leaders in PM if you have any questions! Smile

Of course, there's plenty more to do, too!:

• Look through the Ichika territories for interesting environments and scenarios to create threads in.
  • Your character has been titled as a Dai-In, but if your activity is consistently good, they can be promoted up into the Specialized tier of ranks, where your character will have a job that is theirs and theirs alone for the entire pack. Take some time and look through the and get a feel for where your character might fit for when that time comes!
  • Glance through the pack game and get a feel for what you can post about that will earn your points towards things like icons, titles, player-drawn art and more!
  • If you haven't yet, take some time to thoroughly read through Ichika no Ho-en's and policies pages so you may get a better feel of how the pack works and what you may or may not want to aim for with your character.

Please don't hesitate to PM the with any questions or concerns you have at any time! If you would like to request posting tables, avatars or signatures made for you, you can politely do so in the Talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor! We're really happy to have you with us, and hope you'll enjoy Ichika no Ho-en!