People are strange, when you're a stranger
[html]

I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten all about our thread.. so, here it is!
St. Pepin's Vineyards

Mew's two legs carried her across the wooden floor of the old building, it creaked and complained at her weight, but she knew she could trust the building to stay up. She'd always found them interesting, but until now she hadn't realized what a goldmine they were. This building was the one the humans had lived in, it seemed, and various other buildings close to it seemed like storage-room of some kind. She knew they had made a drink called "wine" here, but she'd never tasted it, and knew nothing of how they had made it either. The things that made this place a goldmine, she had found in the living room. Originally she had entered the building to escape the rain; it was now kicking and whipping at the windows, sometimes hitting half-shattered glass or even whole windows, sometimes going through and splashing across the floor. Despite the bad weather and the fact that quite a few window frames lacked glass it was still comfortably dry and still inside. In the living room she had found a piano. She'd never seen one, but from the books she had found, telling of human music, she'd often seen a set of rectangles in white and black, in a pattern. And how the tones had names, just like on the guitar. Instantly, when she saw it, she'd walked up and pressed a key. The sound had been.. interesting. It sounded like the strings of her guitar did when they were desperately out of tune, and very very very old. Mew made her own strings, but sometimes she couldn't be arsed to do so, and the sound from old strings were similar to this. Still there was a wholly different quality in sound, and Mew decided she might have to dig around for a book on pianos. Perhaps this instrument could be saved, like she had saved the guitar? If she worked on it it might even be playable. The thought was delightful.

She had tried to sit down on a little chair-like item that was pushed up against the piano, but it had collapsed under her weight. The remains of the chair revealed another gold mine, however. Among the dust and pieces of wood a whole bunch of paper had spilled out across the floor. Mew got down on her knees to study them; yes, they were music sheets! So the chair had been a little storage-room for music sheets. Convenient. But, these sheets were of the kind she had only limited knowledge of. She normally used a system that had the word "TAB" above small squares that resembled the strings on her guitar, but this was meant for the piano, probably. She could try to read it and sing, though. And she knew where the tone C was on this five-lined system. Quickly taking her guitar out of her shoulder-bag and striking a C, she attempted to follow the melody. It was a tale of love, and Mew smiled as she sang, suddenly oblivious of her surroundings. She always was when she sang. One evening for pleasure I rambled. To view the fair fields all alone. Down by the banks of Loch Erin. Where beauty and pleasure were known.

[/html]
[html]
OoC: Yaay! =3 Oh, should this be set before/after the pack thread? Actually, I just realized Slay never knew Mew was pregnant... ;;^^ And if she wants to coax him into transforming, she probably could - he just got yelled at a lot as a pup, so he's never done it before, ha ha.

BiC:

It was the melody that brought him in. Slay had fallen asleep in the open, as usual - and then the fierce rain had awoken him, rudely drenching his thick, muddied fur to plaster against his broad-chested body. When his fluffy pelt was flattened by the whipping gales of wind, it was easier to spot the malamute blood he had inherited from his clan - he was too heavily-built to be a pure wolf, and though he had inherited full transformation, he had never once assumed his two-legger form, out of habit. But heritage was hardly foremost on his mind - all the arctic male wanted was shelter from the storm, and that was when he heard her singing, the soft guitar chords all but swallowed in the gusting torrents. He did not recognize her voice right away - after all, they had barely spoken, and Mew had struck him as being shy anyway (since he always saw her when Colibri was with them). Nevertheless, the two-toned wolf stumbled across the threshold in a puddle of rainwater, curiously seeking her out.

His nails clicked against the creaky old floor, the dilapidated house groaning under the weight of his sodden frame. He tried to go quietly, so as not to startle her as she sang, but with the noise of the storm outside, could she even hear him? Peeking his black-daubed muzzle curiously into the living room, he first spotted the large black wooden creation, covered in dust. It was some human contraption, like the storage system called 'shelves', or the drinks they somehow created. He had no idea what this large box was for, though.
It was then he saw Mew. The werewolf form had always unsettled him, but somehow... seeing the Sadira girl so absorbed in the love ballad, smiling and creating that beautiful melody... It wasn't so bad, and he settled gently on his dripping haunches to listen for a while. When Mew paused to turn the page of the yellowed music sheets she was transposing, Slay seized the opportunity to make himself noticed.

"Why hullo, dear," he drawled softly, winking a pale blue eye at her. "Lovely weather to sing to, n'est-ce pas?"

[/html]

[html]

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Sorry I've been slow, I'm at my boyfriend's place for the week, and he won't let me sit at the PC alone Tongue He's at work now though xD And sure, she can help him shift allright! Big Grin
sorry for slight rambling, I've had this urge to write since sunday and I'm making up for it now Tongue

She'd heard him coming, and despite her jumpiness lately she wasn't alarmed. She'd quickly smelled their familiar pack scent off him, and also that he was male. It meant that the approacher would have to be either Des, Slay or Haku, and she knew the smells of her brother and the newcomer very well. It could only be Slay, the one with the strange pelt. A more fitting word would be unusal, when describing his markings. They were by no means a negative addition to his appearance, although it made her think somewhat of a child. He was older than her though, she thought, but she'd never asked him. Actually, they had never spoken. He looked innocent and very friendly, and it showed in how relaxed she was even though she knew he was there. She didn't like singing in front of people, although she didn't mind the guitar. The singing was so personal, in a way, and the guitar could be blamed if the odd false tone escaped from it. Yet despite of it she didn't mind having him listen. There had to be something in his appearance that made it so, but Mew was not scared of being judged, or her music to be judged, by Slay. Perhaps because he seemed so friendly, it is easy to be comfortable around a person with a friendly appearance.

As he spoke between one verse and another, she turned around and let her hands fall down to rest on her thighs as she sat there on the chair, the singing put to a halt. Her green gaze met his blue, and she again thought of the fact that he looked very friendly. He also acted it now, showing politeness to her and calling her dear. She didn't know how much she liked being called something like that from a person who was mostly a stranger to her, but she let it pass - understanding its worth in this situation. Why she had never spoken with him, she didn't know. The few times she had ran into him her mother had been there. Those situations she had so childishly ignored her, and everyone else who were present, including herself. Possibly the male thought things of her that were untrue, but if so she deserved it, having acted as if she was some ignorant brat of a pup. It didn't realy matter much

He spoke a phrase from a language she knew was french, though she didn't know much of the language itself. Although, she caught the meaning of it from the other words he spoke. Was he from the other continent, then? She had heard of quite a few travelling from there with boats. The young female had never seen a boat herself, but she realised that the buildingtechnique would require skill that most likely exceeded what they had among them in these lands. It was faschinating, and she knew many a song that were about boats, or included boats at least. He spoke of the weather, and Mew felt herself smile. It was snug and comfortable inside, but outside the thunder and rain and wind was screaming its force against any unlucky soul that was there. Mew would stay in here until it calmed down. Indeed it was nice weather to sing in; it made a lovely atmosphere of solitude that she could sit in and only enjoy the music. Yeah, isn't it? It's really something.. Quite happy I'm not out there anyways, not good for my poor lil' guitar. The guitar had been through worse weather than this, but that was when she hadn't had the choice. She would stay sheltered for it's sake; after all, it was sort of her baby.

[/html]
[html]
OoC: Oh, you don't have to worry about that. ^^; I'm probably the slowest replier out there, lol. But - I'm back from my vacation, I should be more active now (I hope)!

BiC:

"Yes, it is a bit too humid out-of-doors," Slay deadpanned, although amusement crept into his pale eyes. He liked Mew, although much about her was a mystery to him. He had learned that Haku was her brother, and while he did not trust the chocolate-furred male one bit, Mew's intelligent green eyes held none of the instability or threat that Haku's displayed. Knowing now that Colibri was her mother, the awkwardness of their earlier pack meetings became a bit more clear. And the newcomer, the dark-furred Des, was rather close to her, perhaps more than just friendship. But still, that was the background of those around her - Mew herself was an enigma.

In the welcome shelter of the dwelling, Slay let his gaze wander again over the dusty floors, the curious human creations, the tattered curtains, the rain spattering against the broken glass of the old windows. His sodden fur clung heavily against his form; he resisted the urge to shake the water from his piebald pelt, since doing so would splash mud over the sheet music, and the delicate-seeming instrument. "Ah, 'guitar' is the name? 'Fraid I'm not up to date with all the two-legger musical terms, but I must say, you're a talented songstress."

The arctic wolf settled his chin onto his paws, studying the easy grace with which she reclined, effortlessly balancing the guitar and her own slender form. It fascinated him, this strange combination of wolf beauty and human talent. He had never thought to transform on his own, despite how long he'd been away from his oppressive family. Maybe... it wouldn't be a bad idea to try it... Sometime. Hanna and Des seemed to prefer it, and Mew certainly had no qualms about using her gift. "I can't read, really, but I'm not too bad at singing..." Slay added with a smile, white-tipped ears perking forward. The storm showed no signs of lessening, so they'd be holed up here for a while. Might as well entertain themselves...

[/html]

[html]

I'm goddamn slow, sorry. I keep working 10-hours shifts, so I come home, sleep, go to work, sleep.. and so on.
shortest post evah

He seemed to be just as comfortable in personality as he looked. She smiled at him, and concluded that she could easily become friends with this one. She changed her seat so she faced him - before she had been looking over her shoulder - swinging her legs around so her knees pointed in his direction. A tiny blush played on her cheeks for a second or two at his praise. She didn't really think so herself, but she hit the tones all-right. Even the really high ones sometimes. Whenever she did it seemed as if suddenly everything was easy; singing, playing, even living. Nothing mattered, it was just her and the music. It sounds differently, my voice, in this form. Perhaps because the neck is different.. I don't know.. But thank you.

Placing the guitar on the floor, balancing against the piano, she bent down to pick up another sheet of music. It was a song, and its accompaniment was written for guitar, and not piano; perfect! You wanted to sing? She asked with a playful face, turning the page to him so he too could see what was written on it. Small writing in one corner revealed the genre of the song; it's a pop song. I can sing it to you, or try it out, and then we can sing together? She didn't ask for him to reply, but simply picked up her guitar straight away and tried out the first chords. They were easy enough, but a few were tricky. Still, there wasn't so much sound, so he could still talk to her. She was just doing stuff with her hands, really, and she wasn't mentally absent or closed to conversation.

[/html]
[html]Voices, that was another difference - Slay hadn't payed too close attention to how the shifted luperci spoke, but there was a difference in the timbre, now that she pointed it out. Since he was no musician, it wasn't something he could really pinpoint, but perhaps it was an extension of range? Mew's song seemed to soar much higher than a wolf's howl. Of course, he had never heard a human sing, so he had no idea if it was directly because of the transformation... It was interesting food for thought, though! Again, he felt that small stirring of ambition in his chest - maybe he should transform, just once, to try it out. Maybe it would feel all wrong, and he could just shift back to normal, never do it again. No harm, no foul. Right? His family would be appalled, but weren't they already? He wasn't exactly conventional, and besides, the whole two-legger thing was making him curious.

Slay hummed along with the guitar, shifting his weight nervously from paw to paw. "Sure, I like singing, but usually when I'm alone! I'll try not to drown you out with my caterwauling." He never learned to read, of course, let alone follow sheet music, but he squinted at the paper all the same, correctly assuming that the little black ovals represented the notes, and that they marched up the page when the melody was rising. "You have a true gift, though, Mew. To be so creative, and beautiful, too..." The arctic wolf winked playfully, but the compliment had been serious. He had never met an actual musician before, and it impressed the hell out of him.

[/html]

[html]

380 words

Fingers with shortened claws for exactly this purpose plucked at the strings as the femme tried out the chords. He spoke, and she smiled at him, still looking at the strings and what her fingers were doing. Hehe, caterwauling? Thought we were the wrong species for that. Looking up, she winked at him, before his next sentence made a faint blush rise to her cheeks. Thankfully, he hadn't been too serious in his behavior when he presented the compliment, otherwise it wouldn't have been a faint blush. Mew had never been good at taking compliments, and especially not from males. However, she knew that Slay and Cer might have or have had something of a special communication between them, so she knew it wasn't meant in a romantic way. It was just a nice, honest thing to do, which was just another thing Mew was bad at handling. She murmured a thank you and looked down on her guitar again, plucking the strings and attempting to make the riff work while she waited for the heat in her face to go away.

After not long she decided that she'd looked at the chords long enough. The rhythm looked ok'ish, but she was uncertain whether she'd get the riff right the first time. So, this is some song by a guy named Oasis. Let's see if it's any fun! Join in whenever, like.. She'd been playing for two years, so looking at the paper while working the guitar with her hands - while singing wasn't really that hard anymore. It had been hard enough making the two hands work as they were supposed to in the beginning, but now it just came automatically. The lyrics were strange enough, and she wondered whether the tempo was right. She'd started out quite slowly, but as she picked up the happy tune of the song, she assumed it had to go faster than this somehow. A smile broke out on her face as she got the riff down the second time around, and the melody of the first verse was very enjoyable. Just the kind of tune that'd make a person smile.

She's electric
- she's in a family full of eccentrics!
She's done things I never expected
- and I neeeeeed mooooore tiiiime

[/html]