as the walls come down.
[html]<style type="text/css">#grace-01 {width: 300px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; background: #5E4C4C; border: 5px solid #DD9E95; font-family: "tahoma"; font-size: 10px; color: #D1B99F; line-height: 13px; text-align: justify;} #grace-01 p {margin-bottom: 0px;} #grace-01 .stars {color: #8B6F59; font-size: 15px;}#grace-01 .ooc {color: #E7D4C3;} #grace-01 .speak, #grace-01 a {color: #E7D4C3; font-weight: bold;}
</style>

Open to friendly company; one or two others.
Set around 06:00 on 22 February some freakin' day more recent than that; Serena Reserve. And yes, she is high.
Word count: 580

★ ★ ★

They say that time is an illusion. Who they are, no one is quite sure, but regardless of what they say, there is someone who will repeat it. Maybe because they truly believe it; maybe because it's what someone else wants to hear; maybe just because it sounds pretty at the time. But there is always someone who will tell you that they, this mysterious entity of they, say something. And today, Grace was among those who would tell you such things, because lying in the grass, staring up at the sky, she was sure that they were right - time certainly was an illusion. It came and went as it pleased, fleeting, mercurial. Some days, it seemed to progress steadily, ad rem, and it was over just as soon as one might suspect. Other days - and this day, in particular - it seemed as if the hands of time might flip-flop back and forth, the sky seeming first lighter, then darker again. Perhaps the sun could not manage to drag itself out of bed this morning, and each moment of seeming light was an alarm raging, and the waxing and waning of the dark, a snooze button for the earth.

Naturally, Grace knew nothing of alarm clocks (short of Taj's incessant cawing and pecking if she should sleep too late), though she did know a bit about beds. The field she had flopped down in was cozier than many of the old human beds that she had come across, and despite the cool of winter morning, she was warm enough. Her frayed jeans were a bit discombobulated, one leg slightly twisted, the other pulled up nearly to her knee. Her blouse, thankfully, was green - but not by mistake, oh no. It had once been white, before dozens of nights and mornings just like this one. Eventually, sick of scrubbing out stains, she'd instead spent her time creating a perfectly grass-coloured dye. She certainly wasn't going to stop flopping down in the grass, wriggling about to get comfortable, and gazing at the stars for hours on end. It was worth much more than any nice, clean, white blouse could be worth. She had pulled a colourful, woven blanket from her knapsack sometime past midnight, although her concept of time didn't mirror such ideas - whatever time it was, it simply was, really. She wasn't bothered with specifics.

She propped herself up on one elbow and lit her pipe with a restored lighter. Her father, always the mechanist, the builder, the repairer of all things, had given her many gifts during her life. These had been among them - a carved wooden pipe, inlaid with turquoise stones, polished to a shine, and a small, metal lighter that had to be refilled with flammable liquids occasionally. A small bottle of said liquid sat at home; she had refilled the lighter recently enough, she thought, that she wouldn't need to again soon. She coughed a little as she exhaled, her head rushing. Taj let out a caw that might have been laughter, and Grace cast him a look of faux disdain. "Why don't you try it, moĭ drug?" she taunted, and Taj ruffled his feathers in indignance. The very sight of it, combined with the translingual wordplay, caused the blonde girl to topple over, laughing heartily. She laughed for some time, the sound echoing into the depths of the night that lingered as the sun tried desperately to drag itself awake.

[/html]
[html]

Your writing is sooo pretty <3

Serena Reserve wasn’t a place she had visited, ever. The forest with its skinny, perfectly spaced trees kinda tripped her out when she walked too fast. She could see a clearing well enough ahead, but it wasn’t something she had to worry about right now. She wasn’t nearby, and wouldn’t be for another twenty minutes or so she measured. She occasionally became dizzy as she tried to get out of the forest quickly. She had to slow down, in order to get rid of the feeling, and hold on to a skinny, rough tree for a little. It felt like someone’s leg. Or a strong, hairless arm all scarred up from fresh battle wounds. Axelle let go of the tree, and stared at it with an offended look marked on her features. Battle scars on a human might feel like this. She backed away from the tree, only to bump into another one, and she quickly recovered from touching that one as well. Then she continued on, quickly, without touching anymore trees the whole way toward the clearing. Sure, she became plagued with dizziness, and stumbled a few times, and even fell once, but she regained herself and made it out just in time to see a familiar scene.

There was a female out on the green grass, with a blanket- smart girl- and she was smoking something that smelled very familiar. Axelle stood there, a few yards away from the edges of the forest, where she stopped, still feeling the trees rough, naked surface on her fingertips and realizing that she had dirt and leaves attached to her fur from when she fell that one time. The dizziness that plagued her in the forest didn’t bother her anymore as she stood out in the middle of clearness. She stepped forward, and brushed what dirt she could off of her fur, which was most of it, and proceeded to investigate what the other femme was doing.

She probably appeared creepy to the other, approaching as carefully as she was. Being high and encountering another could go either way, right or wrong. ”Hi?” It came out as a half statement, half question. She wanted the other to share some with her, but she didn’t want to appear as too forward, so she figured a simple greeting would be acceptable. ”It’s very nice… and calm out here. I like it..” Conversation would help, yes.

Word Count → 402

Points → 3

<style>
.enemy {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15cgius.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 102px 0px; border-bottom:1px solid #000000;}
.enemy .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.enemy .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.enemy .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.enemy .pts {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.enemy p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.enemy b {letter-spacing:1.5px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:16px; color:#FB8717; font-style:none; letter-spacing:0em}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">#grace-03 {width: 380px; margin: auto; padding: 450px 10px 10px; background: #978e9b url(http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s41 ... lebg04.png) top center no-repeat; border: 1px solid #e1d8ca; outline: 1px solid #505050; font: 8pt helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 10pt; color: #f7c2b7; text-align: justify;} #grace-03 p { margin: 10px auto 0px; text-indent: 0px; } #grace-03 .line01, #grace-03 .line02, #grace-03 .speak {font-family: times new roman, serif; margin: 0px;} #grace-03 .line01 {font-size: 15pt; line-height: 15pt; color: #86b7a0; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #505050;} #grace-03 .line02 {font-size: 12pt; line-height: 12pt; color: #acbf90; text-transform: lowercase; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #505050;} #grace-03 .ooc {margin-bottom: 15px;} #grace-03 .speak {font-size: 10pt; color: #f0d8c9;} #grace-03 .taj {font-style: italic;} #grace-03 a.tooltip {vertical-align: super; color: #f0d8c9;}</style>

I was alone, I took a ride

I didn't know what I would find there

WC: 363. Slight powerplay. When should we date this? Also, I'm sorry that this literally took forever. (Please note that Grace's family is using the term "petrol" as a shortened form of "petroleum," which Grace's father would have read about, due to his engineering savvy.)

Another road where maybe I

Could find another kind of mind there

Grace, as a rule, was difficult to shake. She found few things creepy, rather opting for finding them curious or interesting. Everything was a new experience, and she was open-minded to a fault. Why ought she to judge? It didn't help anything, and many folks were easy to judge simply because everyone judged them. The existance of at least one person who wished to know and understand them was a comfort, and helped turn them around, even just a little. So Grace treated all as if they were that one, lest she miss an opportunity to improve the state of the world, one sad and lonely pup at a time. Everyone deserved eudemonia.

Turquoise eyes looked first through the other female, then focused on her proper. A smile eased across her face, and Taj cawed somewhat cheerfully, albeit seemingly dazed by a contact high. Vaguely, Grace noted that, indeed, Taj could get high - she hadn't been sure of whether her friend would be affected by the green herb, but clearly, he felt something. She held the pipe out to the black and white female, her eyes still slightly unfocused. "You'll like it a lot more if you try this. Hit it, I think it's still lit..." Grace's pipe didn't go out easily; sometimes, she actually had to tamp it out with a stick. Just as well; she had more flammable liquid - what had her father called it? petrol? - but she didn't like to waste it. She didn't know where to get more.

Taking the pipe back, she hit it again, and blew the smoke up toward her corvid friend. "Oh, where are my manners! I'm Grace, and this is Taj." She looked up at the black form, which rustled slightly, then spoke in a small, gravelly voice. "Friend, not food!" Grace burst into laughter, nodding emphatically, and nearly shaking the half-stoned bird from his perch. "Yes, yes! Taj is a friend, not food. Oh! Sorry, man. Hold on tight.." she exclaimed, still laughing, and earning herself a chastising (yet playful) peck to the head. She frowned dramatically, folding her arms over her chest and harrumphing in faux exasperation. Oh, life.

[/html]
[html]

Umm, I’m not picky as to when this is dated- so it’s up to you really. And yeahhh, but as long as you answered, its cool Smile

The female was very easy-going, and efforts would not be needed as much with her. She offered Axelle her pipe, and Axelle smiled realizing that she had a new friend, well some-what. No effort at all. Axelle stepped forward, and sat on a far edge of Grace’s blanket. She took the pipe, and inhaled deeply. The plant inside the pipe’s hole sizzled and crackled subtly as the flame overtook it. Every second she held the breath longer, the more fuzzy her mind felt. Finally, she exhaled. This time, she managed it without coughing. So, she took another large inhalation of the pipe before handing it back to her buddy.

She managed to hold this breath for longer, and when she let it out, she exhaled a big cloud of smoke. Her mind felt relaxed, and like it was zoning in and out with every second. At first the pulsating was fast, and it was hard to concentrate, but somehow she was able to answer to Grace, ”I’m Axelle. Nice to meet you.” Axelle felt like being extremely polite, which she usually would be like. Weed changed their smokers sometimes, but Axelle had been doing it long enough where it doesn’t affect her as much. Her mind felt extremely fuzzy, and she sat there for a moment in awe at the seemingly high bird. She was unaware, herself, that birds were able to get stoned. ”Ah, I know. I don’t eat birds anyway. I have a strict deer/elk diet.” Birds were on the menu only if really needed, and right now there was no shortage in deer or elk and no reason to eat birds.

”Hello Grace,” she bowed her head slightly toward Grace and then turned to Taj, ”And hello Taj.” She sat with her knees hugged to her chest, balancing her body weight on her tailbone. The weed made the world spin around her, but at least she knew well enough she was planted right here with Grace and Taj. The weed wouldn’t be able to take her anywhere, but to the inside of her own head.

Word Count → 348

Points → 3

<style>
.enemy {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15cgius.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 102px 0px; border-bottom:1px solid #000000;}
.enemy .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.enemy .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.enemy .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.enemy .pts {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.enemy p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.enemy b {letter-spacing:1.5px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:16px; color:#FB8717; font-style:none; letter-spacing:0em}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">#grace-02 { width: 450px; background: #25151f url(http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s41 ... lebg02.png) bottom center no-repeat; margin: 0px auto; border: 3px solid #fff; outline: 1px solid #000; font: 11px verdana, sans-serif; color: #6c6874; line-height: 13pt; text-align: justify; } #grace-02 #inner { background: transparent url(http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s41 ... tbg02b.png) top center repeat; margin: 10px 10px 500px 10px; border: 1px solid #000; } #grace-02 #inner p { margin: 10px; text-indent: 0px; } #grace-02 #inner p.ooc, #grace-02 #inner .speak, #grace-02 #inner a { font: 13px courier new, monospace; color: #7fa198; } #grace-02 #inner .taj { font: 13px courier new, monospace; color: #748d86; } #grace-02 #inner .wotd { color: #748d86; }</style>

Word Count: 437. March 7th okay?

If she'd not already been blazed herself, Grace might have noticed that the other girl got very high, and very quickly. She introduced herself - Axelle - and reassured Taj that he would not be eaten, which seemed to be proof enough to him. In the back of her mind, Grace considered that, even if Axelle had the mind to try to eat him, he was safely atop her head, and she was probably less intoxicated and more responsive anyhow. She really wasn't worried. She hit the pipe once more, then tamped it out gently with a stick, slipped it into her stash bag, and tucked it away. Flopping back on the grass (much to Taj's surprise; he cawed his displeasure as he hopped off of her head and flew to a nearby tree, where he perched and preened irritably), she stared up at the stars, her mind full of thoughts.

Absently, she murmured in Axelle's direction, "Nice to meet you too... Lie down, sweetheart, lest your head run away with you, maybe even join the circus - humans had those, did you know? They were curious things..." Her father, human history aficianado that he was, had told her about them. Elephants and tigers and dressed up folks walking on wires... how peculiar they must have been, these humans. And not much fur on them, supposedly... how had they kept warm on nights like these, with no fur about them? Her mind leapt into an adventure, carousing the lands of humans as she imagined them, with tony fashion and folks walking on wires and leaping through hoops caught aflame. She wondered if everyone had a circus, or just some people. Surely, not everyone would want one, right? Perhaps humans just liked more excitement than other creatures. How wild!

The stars were bright, and after a while, her spaced-out eyes began to hurt with the brightness. She closed them, sighing contentedly. "Did you ever try the magic mushrooms, Axelle?" she asked dazedly. "I heard they make you see the most peculiar things! I've never had a chance to try them, of course... but perhaps one day." Her eyes were unfocused, even while closed, and Taj had long since flown off in search of something more interesting to do while she baked her brain with the strange green herb. Well, she wasn't really baking it, of course - in fact, it seemed to do good in the long-term, really. But she felt sort of melted, and she opened her eyes to look at the other girl, trying to gauge if she was feeling it as much as Grace was.

[/html]
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

That’s fine =]

WC: 305

Concentration began to get harder as she concentrated on sitting correctly, without falling over and without tensing her muscles unnecessarily tight. She also attempted not to twitch, as she would sometimes, given the right type of weed. Whatever she just smoked, was good shit, and she was glad. It’s been a while since she smoked last.

”Circus? What’s that?” She answered dazedly, surprised that she was even paying attention to Grace’s words at all. She was completely ignorant of everything human, except for witchcraft. She read in a book somewhere, where some of the crazy humans would practice similar things. She lowered herself to the ground, now giving her muscles a break from trying to not be tense. Now they didn’t have to be tense at all, but she still found herself tensing up here and there, for no apparent reason other than herself being weird. Now that she was in a comfortable position, she looked up toward the tree and noticed the bird was gone. Then she turned to Grace, ”Yes, actually. I do them quite often. It’s an interesting trip.”

She found herself up, and rummaging through a bag that she didn’t remember having. After digging around, and moving aside various items and bottles in there, she came out with a clear, plastic baggy of a few ‘Shrooms. She handed them over to Grace with a lazy, heavy arm, ”Here. It’s the least I could do.” She felt stupid and awkward for giving the new femme a sudden gift, but so what? If she could share her experiences with someone else, why not? ”Maybe you can repay me one day by going on a trip with me.” Since it was something she found herself doing recreationally often. She enjoyed those more than she enjoyed weed, only because of the crazy shit she always saw.

Act speaks thinks/emphasizes
<style type="text/css">
.brain b {font-weight:bold; color:#369ae9; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.brain .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.brain i {font-weight:italic; color:#afafaf; letter-spacing:1px;}
.brain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.brain {margin:1px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2w7n9dj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 268px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]