Family Bonds
[html]
Ooc.

Terra was nestled comfortably into the den, looking over her pups. They were only a couple days old, and already growing. It wasn't much, but the wrinkled look they'd come out with was smoothing as they adjusted to the world. Ananse was currently curled up, tail in his mouth as he nestled into her forelegs. Loki on the other hand was busy pushing and shoving, trying to work his way over to her nipples in order to get a drink. Small cries escaped from him, kicking at Ananse on occasion as he tried to move.

Gently she nudged him, and Loki tottered over. He laid there for a moment, huffing, before moving the rest of the way. Terra sighed with contentment, watching them. The paranoia that had plagued her was dried up now. Her senses returned to normal Terra didn't fear as she used to. Her pack was a comforting presence, even as isolated as she was. Terra considered taking her pups to the house she was living in, but decided against it as she liked the place she had chosen. Cleaning out the blood had taken time, but it had been worth it.

Photo by Law_Kevin@flickr

<style>
.terrapup p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.terrapup b {color:#654917; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.terrapup {background-color:#b2a48b; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/sw7rmh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d2425; margin:0 auto; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto;}
.terrapup .inner {margin:450px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:250px; overflow:auto;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 4+

Clearing his mind seemed to be all he was worrying about now a days. He was once again out and venturing and this was a pleasant surprise for Shadow thought he would never leave New Dawn again. He had been talked out of the worst of it, he no longer had the drive to end his life but he did take his nail and cut himself a little as a reminder of his weakness. He was selfish for thinking that death would help him, when it would only case all those who loved him to continue to feel his pain. He had other reasons for wanting to venture out, the biggest reason being that there were so many couples around him and in love that it was starting to wear on him and hurt him more to see it every day so this hike was greatly needed and wanted by the black brute. Shadow kept moving and walked the paths that he use to take, a part of him hoped to see Amy but he knew that meeting her wouldn't help anything and then as he moved he stopped and his ears twitched lightly as hunt mode kicked in

He smelled and picked up the scent of the pack he was near and he knew to go no further and judging from the smell he was near CDM. He slowly moved on two legs towards where he thought would be a good enough area as any to call for a long lost sister of his. He hoped she was near by and that she would be the one to welcome him and not someone else because that might not look so good, some random wolf looking to a girl named Terra. If it was her then he would be happy, something he needed to feel again."Terra....I wonder if you will remember me....." Shadow had only his sword on him now and didn't bother with the cloak for it had a scent on it that made him remember and he didn't want to. Plus it seemed like there was rain here and there and he loved it coming down and washing away his pain.

Shadow lifted his head and gave a howl towards the pack lands of CDM and he waited for an answer as he didn't come any closer he just waited and listened for anything and everything that might, and would happen. His mind raced as he picked up multiple other scents and he thought about when he last saw his sister...she was with that one guy...what was his name, oh yeah Kit. He shook his head and continued to wait for who ever would come.

"Someone's Big brother wants to say hi..."He smiled lightly to himself as he lowered his tail and did everything to keep from looking to monstrous.

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Her ears perked as a familiar cry rang out. The deep voice was that of a wolf, not any of the motley hybrids that she lived with. Tail swaying she looked down at her pups, smiling broadly. They were comfortable as they were, Loki close to falling asleep and Ananse warm and refusing to move off her leg. Lifting her head she howled in return, inviting him to come and see. It would be good to have him there to see the pups with her. Pups were wonderful, something to share with pack and family. Occasionally the lines blurred for her, seeing family as pack and pack as family, but it didn't matter.

Tail wagging she awaited eagerly for him to come. Telling him that Kit was gone wasn't something she wanted to tell him, as being without a mate was a sore point for her. At least she had some good news to share. Licking Ananse on the head she watched the brown bundle squirm, moving closer to her. Her ears pricked forwards through the rain, waiting for when he would arrive. It wouldn't be long with how swift he traveled.

<style>
.terrapup {background-color:#b2a48b; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/sw7rmh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d2425; margin:0 auto; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto;}
.terrapup .inner {margin:450px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:250px; overflow:auto;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count:--->4+

Shadow heard the howl of a tricky little sister of his and he smiled lightly as he bolted towards her. He really needed to be in good company and he knew she wouldn't ask anything about him unless she saw there was something wrong so Shadow put on his best smile and expected a playful, teasing little fox of a sister but what he would find would toss his act out of the water and she would see the pain that his behind his eyes, the pain that had tormented his dreams and his mind.

Shadow padded into view and he came around the corner and it was only when she was in sight that he saw the pups and he froze as he looked to them. His heart start to beat hard in his chest as he looked happy for her but then that pain crept onto his face and he did his best to not cry right then and there. He instead smiled and made his tail come back to life as he slowly moved forward and waited for her to give the okay for him to come closer and then he did."I would say that it has been a while since I've seen you...but the pups kinda make that point easily seen. They are beautiful Terra, just like there mother....."That last park came out a little softer as he thought about his pups, and what they would have looked like given time to grow, but that would never happen now.

Shadow leaned forward and very lightly sniffed at them and he only then noticed that Kit's scent was no where to be picked up. He looked around and then he looked back to his sister and he knew how she was with secrets and such so he let it go, if she wanted to talk about anything then she would, he would not make her and he hoped that everything was alright with his precious sister, the one wolf who had taken the place of his real one who had also been taken by the cruel world.
"What are there names....?"

Shadow would have gotten closer to hug his sister but he knew she might be a little stand offish to anyone getting to close to the pups and her so he waited for the okay or for her to come and hug him. It was hard being here near these little lives in front of him and he wished that he could look over his shoulder and see a smiling face of his mate and at her feet see the three little bundles of joy looking at there father.

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Her tail wagged as the large wolf turned the corner. He wouldn't fit into her den, as it was one made for her and her pups, too small for most canines. The black wolf looked forwards, mismatched eyes gleaming, and he froze. It was as if he'd suddenly been paused, time moving around him. The coyote watched him with curiosity as slowly pain filtered into his eyes. She watched him cautiously, allowing him to come closer. Her leg was shifted, Ananse letting out a small complaint at the movement as she did so.

Smiling she licked at her son's head, soothing him. Terra looked back over to Shadow, wondering what had happened since she'd last seen him. Something serious, or at least she thought so. The glance alerted her to what she'd been adjusting to. Terra didn't have a mate as she'd wished to. No one was there beside her. It was a sad thought, but she had to care for her puppies anyways. Loki and Ananse.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow couldn't fit for the life of him so he backed up and shifted to his Lupus form and then he sat at the head of the Den and he couldn't help but look around again, Why the hell was she alone with pups and no mate. He had warned the guy about hurting Terra and now it seemed Shadow needed to find him and have a manly talk with the boy. He would never harm him of course but the thought was in his mind though.

"They have beautiful names to match...Congrats to you Terra, I'm happy to see that you were able to successfully bring life into this world"He had a lot of meaning in his statement, it was true he was proud and happy for her but at the same time he was jealous and wished that it was like this for him but he needed to be there for his sister so he would be and he would make her happy and do anything and everything to make sure this visit was a good one.

[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

She watched peacefully as Shadow shifted, entering the lupine form that she preferred. It was surprising how well they got along, considering how different their lifestyles were. He'd helped improve her stealth, and Terra had gained many more tricks due to that. Tail wagging she stretched out, licking at Shadow as he placed his head down in the mouth of the den. It was good to see him again. It had been much too long, really. Terra had friends that she'd have to go and visit once the pups were old enough.

Broadly smiling her tail thumped behind her. I hope they live up to them. Loki chose that time to woke up. A quiet whining announced this change, Terra turning her head and nudging him gently. He wriggled around, doing his best to get comfortable. Bright green eyes remained on him until he latched onto her and began to drink. Satisfied that he was alright her attention returned to Shadow. I'm lucky. Not all pups are born as healthy as they are. She knew the chances of carrying to term.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

After Shadow placed his head in and looked to the pups and his sister he smiled a little as he was licked and he licked right back and nibbled lightly on her cheek as he nuzzled her. It was good to see her again, he really did love her and he would do anything for his sister, like he had done so long ago, he would protect her against his own pack if he needed.

After returning the love, Shadow listened to his sister as she talked about hoping the names fit and he nodded lightly at that and then the part about not all pups being born healthy. That did him in and he gave the smallest whine. "I could have had pups....but like you just said, no all are born healthy, I lost my pups and my mate left me. Sorry for bringing it up, it's just that as I sit here and look to your beautiful pups it just reminds me that I have none."

Shadow paused as he looked to the nearest pup to him and he very lightly leaned forward and nuzzled it with his nose and he gave a small whine as it made some noises back at him and he smiled a little more as a tear left his eye and then he looked to his sister again."I'm so happy for you Terra....they really are beautiful, just like there mother."

[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Terra growled playfully, leaning to nip at Shadow's ears and play along with him. Nuzzled against his head Terra partly shifted, settling down again so that the pups would remain comfortable. He couldn't come in, she couldn't come out. Having pups was hard. At least Ananse and Loki were healthy, even if she was mainly by herself caring for them. Her pack was good with bringing her food and making sure that they didn't get too close. Any that approached the new mother without permission was met with a quick flash of fangs and a warning growl.

The coyote listened sympathetically as he spoke. Pups that died. It was part of life, but still a tragedy. While Terra knew that she had to get up and keep going, her instincts propelling her forwards, she had noted how detached many luperci were from that. If faced with the pain of the loss of pups, how would they keep going? Ananse let out some small squeaks as Shadow nudged him, moving around Terra's leg the best that he could. Growling a little Terra drew Ananse back, warning Shadow to back off from her pups. Sorry that you lost your pups.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow kept gently nuzzling the pup until he heard Terras growl and she moved the pup away. His ears went against his head lightly as he nodded and he pulled his head out of the den and he turned putting his back to the whole but he did not leave. He was so happy for her but it all hurt so much. Seeing the beautiful pups, touching them and loving them due to them being his sisters and then having her warn him not to get to close. He knew her actions were just a precaution and was instinct but then why did it still hurt so much. He looked to the surrounding land and kept his eyes away from Terra and her new family and after a while of saying nothing he finally spoke again. "You're family will grow up well with a mother like you and I'm sure you will show them love and then some. I don't want to take away your focus from them, I guess I should leave you to your family, I just really wanted to see you. I have missed you over there passed many moons."

Shadow even though he stated that he would be going did not as if waiting for Terra to say something to be honest he really wanted her to just tell him to stay so he could relax a bit and just be in good company but of course at the same time, due to the little ones, a part of him wanted to leave, how sad it was for such a skilled warrior to actually want to flee from something like a pup.

[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

The black male turned away, head removed from the den. It was better with her privacy restored to an extent. As much as Terra loved Shadow, she didn't care for others touching her pups. Not yet at least. She still felt that she needed to protect them from the world. Shadow was her dear brother, but she hadn't given him permission to touch them, and was willing to bite him and fight if it meant that her pups would be kept safe and out of harm's way. Irrational, but that was what her instincts said.

Nodding Terra wondered what to say. She didn't want to make him leave. Loki was quite happy suckling away, Ananse working on settling down nearby. Her gaze fell to them before flicking back over to Shadow. Won't you stay for a little while longer? I haven't been able to travel. Can you tell me about what's happening past the pack? Her yearning for travel was barely tapped down, hunger for excitement dwelling inside her. She would stay with her pups though, and get it from stories instead.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow sat back down slowly and thought for a second, He had told the story enough times you would think so that it didn't hurt, what was once more. He took a breath and began to tell her of his venturing beyond this land and he talked about the hunts and the bears and mountain lions, he smiled a little making it exciting and telling a story like a true expert. He would say something and make it lead up to something grand and then pause for dramatic affect and then continue on. He told of his adventure while he was with Insomnia and he skipped over the part about his family but then he went on to talk about his training and how he was looking to become Epsilon again in his pack. He skipped the bit about Amy as well and went to talk about his journey to see Terra and he smiled a little. It was actually doing him some good, she didn't put him on the spot or ask him about his troubles and she didn't dwell on it to much and besides she was like blood to him, he needed to be happy and kind to her because he had always been that way whenever he met her and they hung out together. He thought about something and then he looked over his shoulder and spoke lightly."If ever you need anything, you know I am here to help and when they are older and you feel up to it, perhaps we could hunt together or maybe I could show you some more skills that you will of course turn into something tricky, such is your nature..."He smiled and chuckled a little as he looked to her, it had been a while since he could muster a real chuckle.

[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Shadow paused, her words sinking in. Terra's tail wagged, eagerly awaiting a good tale. She loved listening to them. Well, loved being the center of the stories more, such as when she went out and caused trouble, but listening to them was pretty good too. The words began to flow, and Terra closed her eyes. She was back with him, living the fights and battles that Shadow had gone through. She could hear the skips, but didn't press, enjoying what he did say.

The story came to an end, and Loki was sound asleep once more. Ananse had managed to squirm over to him, and was now bumping against his brother, determined to go through him. Terra gently nudged the pup, picking him up and settling him so that he wouldn't disturb Loki. Tail swaying she looked over to him as she spoke, smiling broadly. That would be great! I'm sure they'll love their uncle. When they were old enough to do more than just squirm around.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow had to smile after he was done and when he heard those words" Uncle" He turned and looked to the hole and laid down so he was at the head of it and could see in easily and he smiled as he looked to his loving sister."Uncle huh..You really mean that, I woulld be honored to be the little ones uncle, besides, someone has to keep them in line and you as well for i know that you will somehow be worse than the pups." His smile got bigger as he nodded lightly to Terra and he did a silly looking belly crawl until he was closer to her and with truth in his words he smiled, nuzzled her and gave her a make shift hug by hanging his head as best he could over her neck."I love you sis..."

Shadow licked her cheek and then scooted backwards until he was a good distance away and he lowered his head and rested it in is paws as he looked to her and the pups. While laying there he had come to notice he was a little tired so he yawned and relaxed as he asked his next question."Well I told you a tail, there must be some epic adventure that Terra the sly could tell her big brother. " He gave a funny whine as if a pup and he waited to see what she would tell him.

[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Her tail wagged behind her, watching Shadow as he turned back towards her. She cocked her head, wondering why he would think that she might not be serious about that. He was her brother. She was his sister. Even if they weren't truly related. Laughing at his words Terra tried to look serious. I would never cause so much trouble, Shadow! I'm a responsible canine. Of course, responsible canine only meant something if she was addressing the respectable side of the canine tree, and not the one steeped in tricks.

Asked to tell a story Terra drew herself up. Her eyes fell to her pups, and her voice began to ring out, even and calm. It was different than her usual speech, rhythmic and holding the kind of tone that one had to listen to, wiser than the one speaking.

Pups are born and die with each breath, but there is a secret few know. That is, Coyote played a trick to help them. Many young die, but the sorrow of carrying a stillborn is Coyote learned the hard way. Her first litter was of four, two strong males and two beautiful females. All died within days. Full of anger Coyote raged at the world, howling and shaking it. Everything ran and hid from her, though she was so much smaller than the other predators that roamed the earth. To come across her in her anger, meant that they would be subject to a cruel trick, and as their forms had already changed once, they did not wish for it to happen again.

Coyote found Death after much searching, cradling her pups in his arms. She fought and attacked death, but he was too strong for her. At last, she had to acknowledge he was more powerful, and bowed her head. Coyote wouldn't give up though, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Great Death," she said, "I have looked for you everywhere. I know you're powerful, and I wish to learn some of your trade."

Now Death was wise, and knew Coyote's ways. Often he had dealt with the consequences. "I will not help you stir trouble, Coyote. I have plenty of work already. Your pups must be taken to the sky to become stars and spread light." Coyote nodded, surprisingly agreeable. "But before you do that, please, may I see them once more?" Death nodded, and placed the pups on the ground. In a flash, she swallowed two of them down inside her. Before she could get the other two though, Death caught on, and struck out, angry at being tricked.

Coyote fled, and when she could she released her children. They lived, and grew, but Coyote paid a terrible price for the stolen death. Half of all of Coyote's children are taken as replacement, spreading across the sky. Coyote hasn't given up though, and sometimes, she'll steal them back, just like she did for her first litter.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow listened intently at the story and he crossed his paws in front of himself and lifted his head as he listened to the story. He would growl at times about death and then his tail wold wag at others, he let himself get into the story and when it was over he lowered his head lightly in thought and then he spoke lightly.

"It's too bad one could not simply find death and challenge him, I think I might actually have a chance at beating him and if not then at least I would be able to see my pups alive and moving again. But such it only a dream and no matter how much I may wish things were different, sometimes life has a path that one cannot leave or stray from."

He whined a little and then he smiled and pushed the thoughts from his mind as he looked to her and he nodded lightly as he lowered his head on his paws again and he closed his eyes lightly in thought. After a while he slowly opened them and looked to her.

"I'm really happy that I have gotten to see you again...for a while there I thought that our paths would never cross. I love you Terra and I will always be your brother and I'll be the best Uncle I can be to your beautiful pups.."

[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Terra listened to his response quietly, no true opinion formed on the matter. Death was part of life. The tale was just a tale. Death did inflict those in life without favoring one or the other, a fact Terra knew well with how often she'd court danger. That's how life is. What could she really say? Shadow's views on such things was different from the feral coyote's, based more on the mercies of the luperci than the way she had been raised.

Laughing lightly she looked back to her pups. They'll cross again. We're family. Besides, it's not like you live far. I can trot up there anytime. Well, currently she was stuck in the pack, but that would change soon enough, and she would have plenty of other things to do. A small yawn escaped the pups, and soon whines filled the air. Terra nuzzled them close, licking their heads gently as they fussed. It didn't look like they'd calm down anytime soon, busy with complaining about not being warm enough, or too warm, or hungry, or a million other complaints she'd have to interpret.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow listened to the sounds of the pups and he chuckled and smiled as he looked to them and then he looked to there mother and he nodded lightly before he would ask his question with laughter on his voice."Have you all eaten lately today...If not then I offer my my awesome assassin skills to find, take down , and bring back a animal of your choosing for your eating pleasure. What say you Madam?" Shadow smiled and sat up and his tail roared to life as he barked in excitement and he waited for her to give her answer, if she ended up not needing anything then perhaps water? or a fur from an animal of her choice. The thought of helping her and her pups was exciting and he wanted to help really bad, Helping made him happy when it worked out and since it was his sister it meant even more so that he help her and the beautiful pups that she now called family.

[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

Terra nuzzled the pups, moving them around to try and quiet their squalling. They had decided that they weren't happy though, Terra quickly finding the reason traced to the fact that Ananse had tried to eat Loki's foot, and Loki had disagreed with the idea. All that was left was to settle them down and hope they would tire of whining. She licked both of them, settling them close to her body where they would be warm and close to milk.

Shadow's offer caught her attention, the mother looking up with deep hunger on her features. Could you? A goat. She really wanted one. Big, fat and juicy. She had wished for one since the one she'd eaten from the trading pack. It had been so delicious! To be able to eat that easy sweet meat again would be fabulous. Her tail wagged behind her, quick in it's pace. Shadow would bring that back for her for sure.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shadow bowed low and his tail also did a funny bow of sorts as he spoke eloquently and like a knight of some kind."Of course Sister, anything for you, and If shall be the fatest and most beautiful goat I can find. Only the best goes to my sister" With that Shadow turned and then darted off to proceed with his hunting and finding of this large beast and he went over in his mind if he had passed any scents or tracks that could have belong to goat and he smiled as he remembered passing a small group only a mile or so back. He gunned it and went as fast as he could for he could not allow his sister to wait for food, the order must completed and in a timely manner.

Shadow made good time in reaching the area where he had last seen the goats and of course they were no where to be seen. That would be to easy after all. So he placed his nose into the air and found the scent and he started to follow it. As he followed the path of the goats he saw another pair of tracks that were following it and it was a cat but judging by the spacing in the prints and depth of them it had not been running and it was not to but, still a young can and if it was not running then it would be only following like he was now so he hurried behind.

Shadow had called it. He came up to a younger cat and it was ducking low and looking to the goats and one in particular stood out and of course it was the fat one the cat was thinking about taking down. He was in Optime form and was much larger than the cat so he made a small noise so the cat could hear him and when it turned to look he bared his teeth and growled deeply. the cat hissed and looked like it was going to pounce so Shadow jumped forward and grabbed the cat by the neck to which it started to kick and claw to get him off and he picked it up and tossed the cat as far as he could all while the goats started to run and thankfully the moment the cat landed it took off leaving some new cuts on his arms and chest. they were nothing he couldn't handle though to he barked in excitement as he dashed after the goats.

Some time passed a good hour or so and Shadow was seen walking tall and with a very large goat over his shoulders and he smiled at Terra through the hole while he made his way closer. some blood left his fur on his chest and arms but it was little compared to what he had received in the past and nothing compared to mental pain. He flopped it down and funny enough it was to large to be pushed into the hole so he left it near by as he sat cross legged and he smiled big."Dinner is served my lady."

[/html]