Searching for Hospitality
OCC- Little spoiler, but the powder in Eric's eyes is made of strong chillies and should ware off, but water helps. Also I'll be referring to my character as Eric in this thread. Let's Role Smile

Damn that wolf! Eric thought to himself as the pain from the powder continued to harass his eyes. He had just made it into the north of Souls, when an agent of Bear, Eric's ex-master attack him suddenly and tossed this strong chilli powder directly into Eric's eyes. Luckily Eric had killed the wolf before he could do more damage, but now the powder had settled Eric could barely open his eyes without pain.
Eric continues to stumble through the rough terrain, using the random scatter of trees to help him move forward. He guessed that he had moved at least 50 meters away from the area the wolf had attacked him, trying to move quickly on the fear that the agent wasn't alone.
Pacing forward Eric tried to open his eyes to give him some sense of direction, but quickly thought against the idea as another wave of painful stinging washed through him. He just hoped that he wouldn't reach a field or a tree-less area.

Of course, this wasn't his lucky day. A few meters later the tree line stopped, and, opening his eyes to slits, Eric saw a vast area of fields. Eric groaned, hoping the stinging would stop soon as he began to walk towards the grassy desert in front of him.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

• Setting: ---
  • Form: Secui

• It was nearly the afternoon when an aerial commotion made a distraction for the she-wolf in repose beneath the shadow of the mountain. The call of her vulture companion was only deafened by the dual screeches of the owls, trying to win their fair handler’s attention to deliver news of a wanderer.

It was not uncommon that they did this, reflecting her desire to keeping the pack safe by annoying when any form came to close save for prey. A fox here, a scavenging wolf there, all were greeted by the sound beacons of the aerial force before then went to receive the ground force. It was a monotonous routine that with time X’yrin had come to ignore, choose instead to acknowledge a ‘threat’ only when the birds’ advances were unyielding. And in time they did learn to settle their alarms and took to ringing them instead when spying bodies of interest. One such interest was found in a scurrying wolf that stood still just a ways from the vast fields.

It was the larger of the predator birds, the vulture that settled upon the she-wolf’s back professing in broken patterns of a creature near death, all the while with hunger in his glassy eyes. Surely this was not the case and the bird was simply hoping there was something to feast on. But the notion was disturbing enough to get the large female moving by his direction, crossing the expanse into wild territory again. Without knowing truly where to look, she sent out a call to any listening ear in an effort to bring this would-be ‘dying’ wolf out of seclusion into the light.

275 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#938d93;
    border:1px solid #2d242d;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#2d242d;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>

[/html]
    OOC-

Eric cursed under his breath when a lost tree branch knocked him over a few steps after he ventured out of the tree line. This really wasn't his day, it was clear that nature didn't want him going anywhere today. He grumbled to himself as he helped himself up. A screech from above froze him in his slow-moving tracks. A vulture, "If my day couldn't get worse, now the birds think I'm dead meat for them to scavenge." Eric mumbled to himself.
    He decided to ignore the squawking bird and continued on his probably pointless journey forward, his feet creating a rhythm in his head that was his only sense of how far he'd gone. He stopped every minute or so to attempt to flutter his eyes open to see his direction, only to be welcomed by the onslaught of pain from the attacking powder.
    A short while after first hearing the vulture Eric heard another noise, but this sound belonged to another wolf, not a bird. Oh great, Eric thought, they've caught up. Although, he then stopped in thought. The voice belonged to a female, Eric let out a long sigh of relief. His ex-master only ever had male slaves, so she couldn't be here to do harm.
    He hoped.
    Eric decided to make a final attempt to open his eyes, with a blurred vision, he was quickly able to make out a figure standing further down the field. He closed his eyes before pain hit again. Well whoever it was, he need help of some kind, so Eric decided to move towards the wolf, tripping every now and then on lumps of soil or grass and swearing loudly every time he did.
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

A sound announcement, if ever there was one. Rather than a reciprocating call, she heard instead the frustrated grumbles and obscenities of what she assumed to be the wolf coming toward her direction. With a quick span of his wings, her companion took flight from her back ascending to a comfortable surveying height to watch what transpired below. Obviously what he hoped to make a meal of was anything but dead. If anything he was more alive as one could tell by the sounds he made, louder than a rampaging elk bull.

The Issor did not know what to make of him at first. At first glance she assumed he was like her charge, blind and in search of something. But she found it odd that an elder male would only just now be adapting to his situation…unless it was an unfortunate recent affliction. An injury.

“You can stay where you,” she called out to him. “I will come to you.” At the very least she could keep him from injuring himself further and stop the smog of profane, verbal pollution. She quickened her steady pace to a trot to close the distance between them with just a little less than a wolf’s length birth maintained out of caution. “My friend,” she spoke quietly. “Shall I help you? You…do not look well at all.”

224 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    OCC-

After a few moments, the female voice broke through his verbal taboo, and told him to stay still. Relief ran through him, as his continuous falling was deeply annoying him. His feet came to a stop, and his deep, thick breathing took hold. The stinging of his eyes began again, and he scratched at them in frustration and as a reward for his annoyance, he made contact with his scar and made it bleed. He held back a curse as he realise company was close by, and took out a cloth from his pocket and placed it over his bleeding eyelid.
    He chuckled, If I couldn't look any weaker he thought to himself. As he her the wolf come closer, he made a last attempt to open his eyes, and was able to squint for a few seconds before closing due to the sting. The powder was starting to slowly ware off, but it would take at least a day before he could proper see without pain, unless he was able to wash them out with water.
    He listened as the female spoke, she sounded gentle with her words, which was relief, at least she sounded like she wouldn't do any harm. "Help would be wonderful," Eric said politely, "Otherwise I might be wondering around for days." He gestured towards his eyes, "Got thrown chilli powder in my eyes won't stop stinging for at least a day." He paused for a moment to think, "You wouldn't happen to have some clean water to spare, I promise to repay you in some way, depend on what you ask."
    Eric thought over his last sentence, it was true. As far as he was concerned, there probably wouldn't be anything else holding him up from repaying this wolf's help.
    [html]

ooc:

Caution had kept the she-wolf at the ready, hackles raised and muscled tensed should she need to spring out of the way from deception masked beneath weakness. But without just cause it felt unnecessary to maintain. While training dictated never to look only at the surface but beyond, it was nigh impossible for her to see anything other than a pained wolf. His posture alone was enough to convince her. The male was wounded, hardly able to see. And from him emanated an atrocious odor that stung her nostrils by proximity alone. To keep herself wound tense like a spring would only have caused more harm than good if she truly sought to aid him, and to her word she had every intention and doing what she could.

When he was nearer, she reared up by her hind legs, keeping herself balanced to better have a look at his predicament. Moisture clung to his eyes, tears that failed in cleaning the ailment away. When asked for water, she shook her head out of reflex forgetting for a moment that this unfortunate soul was not able to see the action. “I am afraid I don’t…at least not with me,” she sighed softly then dropped down with a sound thud to all fours.

“Though,” a subtle inflexion of her voice conveyed there was hope, “There is a lake near here that I can guide you to. If you do not mind being led.” Bravely she stepped closer with her nose still quivering inquisitively. He had said what ailed him as chili powder… and yet she had never heard of everything of the like causing someone pain. “If the stinging is severe, perhaps I could lessen it before I take you there?” It was not as abundant as water to cleanse with, but perhaps a quick wash over his eyes would be enough to help him better see.

315 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    OCC-

Eric groaned silently upon hearing of the female’s lack of water, knowing that the pain would continue for longer. He heard a thud coming from the wolf's direction; clearly she didn't like the fact that she couldn't help much.
    Eric jumped as the she-wolf spoke again, her voice a little lighter. A Lake? Eric thought, a lake would be perfect. If it was a source of water, preferably a clean source, it would do. Eric didn't normally like following someone, especially if he couldn't fully trust them, but he had no choice. He doubted he'd ever find a water source alone, and would be ever so vulnerable until he did.
    He nodded softly, "I don't mind at all, you're choosing to help me, it's the least I can do to be a willing patient."
    Eric's ears rose when the female offered to weaken the pain, Eric had never heard of a different pain-relief from chilli powder than water and rest. Her offer to take him to the lake was enough help, but now more? If she was sincere in her words, then Eric knew that he could trust her. "Whatever you have in mind, would be a great deal of help, Thank You."
    [html]

ooc: Slight PP. Let me know if I need to change anything.

As far as she was concerned, the dilemma with the chili powder was hardly different than any other external ailment that caused pain. And thus it could be lessened by a good, thorough lick. With that in mind, she altered her form, replacing four limbs for two arms and two legs for both height and the dexterity provided by her opposable digits. She hummed thoughtfully a she rose from the ground then took the faces muzzle in a delicate grip and brought him closer.

In almost a test she swiped her tongue just above his brow to judge the intensity of the powder on her tongue. Her ears fell back and lips wrinkled with disgust. Swallowing her throat burned as their power slid down and settled uncomfortably there. Bitter tasting, but bearable for what she sought out to do. With a more determined lap this time, she proceeded to maneuver around his brow and eyes, snaking her tongue along the bridge of his muzzle and within the corners of his eyes to remove what powder had collected there. Her own tongue had gone nub from the continuous stinging, but that too was bearable until he was perhaps able to open his eyes, if only a little.

"There..." With another lick for good measure she pulled away and released his face. "Hopefully you can see a little better until we get there." She raised her hand to eye level then, testing his visual clarity while at the same time offering a tether for him to take whilst she lead him to the lake. "When you are ready..."

266 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    OCC- Sorry I'm a little late Tongue

Eric waited, listening to the female change form. He flinched slightly when she pulled him closer, and frowned as she began to lick off the powder from around his eyes. He'd never heard of a method like this, the powder was normally way too strong to be licked. At the first lick, he felt her move back and chuckled, "Has quite a taste doesn't it?" Considering his ex-master used to punish slaves by forcing large quantities of the chilli powder down their throats, Eric wasn't surprised by the wolf's reaction.

He admired her for returning to licking off the powder, he patiently kept still until the lick stopped, and the she-wolf moved back. Eric slowly opened his eyes, they stung slightly at first, but once he had got his eyes open half-way, the stinging stopped. His vision wasn't the best, everything was blurred, but after the effort the female went through to give Eric some amount of sight, he was happy with this vision until they reached the lake.

He moved his eyes from side to side, until they no longer stung as strongly. He nodded towards the blurry female, "Thank you, it's a little better," Eric grabbed the small rope the female offered, "Ready when you are."
    [html]

ooc:

Taking the lead, she made haste as best as she was able, trusting her little remedy would only work for a short while before the persistent sting came back. It had a reoccurring effect on her tongue and she could only imagine what it was doing to his eyes the longer it took them to each the lake. Taking long strides, she hurried the walk to the outer rim of the lake, making sure to guide him carefully over the shore stones as they walked across them.

Though his eyes would have trouble seeing, she imagined the smell of water would have been enough to let him know they had reached their destination. The golden fields but a figment behind them against the grand splendor of the expansive lake. Smiling, she announced, "And here we are. Our Family calls this the Adalrto'K. Truly an impressive creation of Nature."

Turning to the male, she gently placed her hand on his forearm making to guide him if necessary. "Would you like further help? Or will you be alright?" Her tone conveyed she was fine with either option, but personal understanding of males reminded her that some were keen on keeping to their pride on matters of vulnerability.

205 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    OCC- Don't know if you want to continue, but I don't mind my character doing some labour in exchange for X'yrin's help.

As they slowly travelled over to the lake, Eric took care not to trip up again, he couldn't take anymore embarrassment. He could tell that the lake was getting closer; the rushing of the water rushed in his ears, and the muddy smell of moist dirt was clear and strong.

Soon enough, they reached the lake's edge. The stones and pebbles pressed at Eric's feet, and he could feel the water's damp effect on them. The female said that her family called the lake "Adairto'K", and clearly admired the nature around here. Eric had never really had time to admire nature, he found it to be a good source of cover and rest, but as far as beauty went, it never crossed his mind. The blurred lake in his vision looked like a light blue blob, but perhaps to the she-wolf it was a beautiful blue blob.

Eric tossed away all thought of pride and literally dived into the shallow pool. He dipped his muzzle in and tasted the water, it felt clean and fresh. And probably irresistible for the female, after having a large taste of the chilli powder. Eric felt as if it was his job to repay her for helping him, by either helping her in some way now, but by promising his help in the future. Eric quickly dunked his head into the lake and opened his eyes fully. He brushed around them with his now-clean hands, and soon enough he felt the sting of the powder ease away. There was a trickle of pain left, but after a day it would also ease away.

He slowly lifted his head out of the water, and turned with full vision to view his helper. She had brown-orange fur of different tones, and her optime form her mane was long and red in colour. He smiled at her, "Thank you, I will remember the help you've given me today." He paused to think, "My name is Eric, and I owe you a favour, if I cannot be of help to you now, then I promise you a debt for when you need it."
    [html]

ooc: >.< so sorry about the shortness... But you could begin the quizzing if you'd like.

While formality would dictate come kind of a debt was meant for help to another, it was not something the female was keen on practicing even if for the sake of saving face. It was a genuine pleasure to help when able, and though the offer was given, she politely declined with a slow shake of her head.

"It's alright," she smiled. "Simply knowing you are no longer in pain is enough. However," though with kindness there was a catch, albeit a small one. "If you are to come near the territory again to use the lake, I would ask that you announce yourself." Turning toward the towering peak of Oromocto she extended a claw to bring emphasis to it. "There are those that live in the mountain and as this lake is our water source, some would become unnerved to find your scent so often. It is just a precaution for yourself as well as us."

--- words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {