You asked for it
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... blemew.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">
ans serif;font-size:11px;line-height:11px; color:#0f2034; padding:4px; margin-bottom:120px; text-align:justify;">
All Welcome, maximum 2 please Smile
Word count: 437

Perhaps she should stop sulking around. Perhaps Mew Sadira, the oldest of her litter, should gather some strength and address her brother as the lunatic he was. Or perhaps she should just keep sitting here, on the wooden structures that made up the harbor, taking in a twilight view and thinking about the things she should do - but probably never would. Perhaps she should go talk to her mother. It's been a long time since they had spoken, and a long time since Mew had heard about her at all. Again the femme was without family bonds, but this time it didn't hurt as much, except the one issue where her family tree was supposed to have roots below her own name. Sighing, Mew laid down, stretching her arms over her head and her legs in the other direction as far as they went, feeling her joints click in a satisfying way. There were so many unchangeable things. Like the wolves that had died by coyote fangs when Haku started the war on their behalf. Neither of the Dahlians had asked for it. And now there was peace, but Mew had not asked for that. Always there would be someone unsatisfied with a situation. Perhaps Mew was crazy to want war, but then again - she wanted it only for herself. It already was a personal war, and Mew would keep at it 'till the day she died. It had been nice to have the others supporting her cause - though unknowingly - for a little while, although she was not as selfish as her brother, and thus she wouldn't bring it down on them again. Because they hadn't asked for it.

Green eyes stared out to sea as if the grown female was dead, but she was thinking. Her face was blank, showing not a hint of either happiness or sadness or anger; although her mind was absent, playing around elsewhere, her habit of concealing facial expressions stuck too well and worked even when she did not actively decide to do it. Her guitar and the leather purse with sheets of music and lyrics in several languages lay to her right, away from the water. She didn't want the leather to be damaged in case of a salty spray in her direction. It was cold, but she was naked. It seemed odd to dress herself in human clothes. She was a wolfess, after all, and not close to humans in any way beside her arms and legs. And clearly, that lust for blood that ran through her brain at that moment wasn't human at all.

[/html]
[html]OoC: I figured I could steal a spot, since Mew was all nice to Slay when he came back! : )

BiC:

Slay yawned softly, slowly uncurling from his damp position on the rocks beneath the dock. Seawater lapped gently at his paws, his belly, gently teasing his long fur. Memory seeped back - he had crept under the dock to wash up, to clean the mud from his pelt, but had then slipped into slumber as the tides ebbed away. Realization that his narcolepsy could have had him drowned sent a chill down his spine, and the arctic wolf sloshed on all fours through the shallow rockpool towards the sandy shores. It was twilight now, dusky and cool... How long had he been asleep? As he shook vigorously to free his sodden coat of its watery burden, he then saw how close he was to the long-legged female, her slender white form draped along the wooden dock, guitar close at hand. It was Mew!

Seeing the way Mew had mastered that voluptuous werewolf form had made him curious, ever since the day she had shared her musical expertise with him in the broken-down house by the vineyard. Slay had not yet attempted the transformation to two legs, although he had considered it more than once. He knew it was silly to still cling to that old teaching of his, since he had abandoned all other ties to his unpleasant childhood, and yet... He lacked the confidence to attempt such a maneuver on his own. He had no immediate need for hands - his jaws worked just as well for acts such as hunting, and he had no great love of human dwellings. But then... curiosity is curiosity. It rarely needs a reason.

Catching himself staring again, although it was more from honest curiosity than desire, Slay shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Hallo there dovely! How are you on this fine evening?" His black tail thumped on the sand as he grinned towards her, ice-pale eyes friendly. He could not glean what mood the musician was in, but he would soon find out.

[/html]

[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... blemew.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">
ans serif;font-size:11px;line-height:11px; color:#0f2034; padding:4px; margin-bottom:120px; text-align:justify;">
Word count: 425

Trotting up next to where she lay, snapping the female out of her malicious line of thought, fur soggy but his face not nearly as serious as earlier, was Slay. He looked terrible today, though, compared to when she last saw him. He was thin, and during the welcoming of their Alpha he had looked very little like his happy self. Or at least he had seemed like a happy person to Mew when she had met him in that building ages ago. Now, however, he looked worn, tired, and rugged. But some of that sparkle had seeped in gradually throughout the meeting, and had now settled (hopefully) on his face again. Mew didn't care about many persons, pack members or not (lately most of her feelings towards others that were strong enough to be worth mentioning were all negative), though some had certain auras that warmed her insides in a comfortable way. Slay was one of those people, and she'd like to see him happy. She didn't know him well, nor did she have a deep connection to him, but the first impression she had was that he was loyal and open, and thus she found it easier to trust him immediately. Sort of like Lubomir had been, although she didn't want to think of that selfish, runaway male.

As soon as the friendly greeting had left Say's mouth, Mew had turned around, laying on her stomach to face him, tail already wagging in a silent greeting in return. There he was again with the nicknames. At first, when she had arrived here, all the nicknames annoyed her. But Slay was welcome to address her like that; Mew knew that it was mostly a name he used for both Cer and herself, and (when she was still a member) for Colibri. Mew quickly pushed the thought of her mother away, seeing as she ought to have sought her out to just keep in touch ages ago, but it seemed she was just a neglectful a daughter as she had been a mother when Mew was young. The irony of it put her somewhat in a quandary, so she would - ashamed - give the thought some room later on. Greeting this friend was of greater importance. Hiya, Slay! I'm quite lazy, in fact. I haven't seen you in ages, before today! How are ya? The words were given with a generous, heartfelt smile. She was happier to see him again than she had thought she'd be. Momentarily, at least, his return would lift her thoughts from all that flame and death she carried inside.

[/html]
[html]OoC: blehh, short post.

BiC:

Slay's white-tipped ears flicked back in surprise at her friendly greeting -- he hadn't expected such a warm welcome, but it was a pleasant surprise, to be sure. Mew seemed like a sweet wolf, younger than him but only by a few seasons, and her musical talent was a constant source of interest to Slay. However, it also seemed to him like she carried sadness, and the thought unsettled him. He handled emotion best by pretending it wasn't there, which was probably the biggest reason he had been so scarce during the war...

"I'm doing all right for m'self -- thinking about catching some fish for a snack, if you're interested," he added, offering her a playful wink. He liked to fish, more than most wolves, since he'd spent many moons following rivers to nowhere. "Oh, and I doubt you're lazier than me, dear Mew. I do spend most of my days asleep."

He was feeling much more upbeat, more optimistic, more like himself, which was quite a relief after such a depression. Slay hadn't realized he was so underfed, though, and was hit with a wave of hunger to match his skinny sides. Slogging back into the calm ocean waves, he waded onto a sandbar near Mew's dock, and waited impatiently for the startled fish to flock back towards him.

"Are you up to anything, out here at this hour?" Slay called out, conversationally. "Composing a song, perhaps?"

[/html]

[html]

Short post; less reading for me! Tongue
Word count: 380

Slay turned the conversation onto fish, and Mew decided that she would very much be up for that; she hadn't eaten fish in ages. When she sought water, she normally got so caught up by watching how it played along the horizon that she forgot all about any intention of fish, had she even had one. Water was a thing to watch, and it seldomly occured to her that it held foods, too. Her face lit up as she got excited by the idea, suddenly very perky compared to just moments ago. The darkness of her inner self seemed to blow away whenever she was in a social setting, but it would creep forward again once she was alone. She wasn't alone now, however, and there would be fish!

Moving towards the edge of the dock, throwing her feet into the water and sitting to look at him while he stood there waiting for fish, Mew laughed heartily at his comment. One of the first things he had done when she met him, was falling asleep. For no apparent reason, and so quickly. As far as she knew from others it happened quite frequently. Mew wasn't the kind of person to become offended by anyone falling asleep in her presence, although there were those who would. She didn't understand what it was, but she understood that it was involuntary, which made it a sort of charming feature to his personaliy. Somewhat innocent in a way.

When he asked her what she had been doing, she felt a little discomfort. He wouldn't be able to see it, though. Mew knew that she was not normal to lay around and think the malicious thoughts she did, and she'd rather not reveal that. But, then there was the virtue of being truthful...

Hehe, no song composing tonight. I just carry that baby around with me everywhere, that's all. No, I was just out here thinking. I like to watch the sea.
Her voice was as warm and carefree as it had been, so her behaviour had no noticeable change. But for a second her insides quirked a little. Half a truth is a lie, she believed, but this was for the best, perhaps. She didn't want people to think she was a monster.

[/html]
[html]The swirling waters of the ocean were reflected on Slay's pale eyes, as he intently gazed into the sea. The sandbar was eroded beneath his paws, the slurry of sand and saltwater creating a strange sensation on his pawpads. "I spose I like to watch the ocean too, m'dear, but only when I stumble across it. I'm more of a sunset kind of guy," he said with a smile. The ocean was fun to play in, with its cold and buoyant water perfect for swimming -- but it was also so vast, it was always a humbling experience. He'd rather watch the colourful streaks of sunset, like autumn in the sky every evening. There - a fish!

Slay tried to remain still, but he was so very hungry, he couldn't keep his tail from beginning to swish with anticipation. He slowly lowered his head, so that the waves lapped against his wet black nose. The fish in question, a good-sized sea bass with an admittedly poor sense of direction, wriggled closer and closer to the shallows of the sandbar. Then Slay made his move, lunging abruptly forward with open jaws, scooping the scaled beast and flinging it smoothly into the air. Soaring in a glittering arc, the fish toppled to the dock beside Mew, simultaneous with the splash from Slay toppling over. Balance and coordination -- not such a strong point.

Bedraggled and sopping, the arctic wolf paddled back towards Mew, a bemused smirk on his face. "You start on that one, I need a break," he said with a chuckle. "I looked pretty suave out there, until I fell on my face, eh?"

[/html]

[html]

Word count: 380

The oddly marked male held his gaze in steady concentration at the water as he spoke, looking for fish to make dinner from. Mew did not reply to his statement regarding the ocean; she noticed how he tensed slightly as he spotted the fish, and did not want to disturb him. She'd never done fishing herself, seeing it was such a patience test, and she was at best only slightly impatient. Hunting was better, at least something happened then! A smile crawled into the side of her mouth as she saw a white and black tail moving slowly back and forth at the fish coming nearer the hungry male in front of her, although the abrupt movement he made only seconds later quickly changed her face to mildly startled. The fish came flying in her direction, and as it landed the femme jumped up and quickly put her hands on it to prevent it from bouncing itself off the dock and into the water again. Her eyes was on the fish, until she noticed a movement nearly outside of her side view, and turned her head just in time to watch Slay topple over and splash headfirst into the water. Laughing hard as he paddled towards her, tones escaping her throat like pearls on a thread, his comment to his own display of grace did not quench it. As he came close, she pushed the now much more limp fish in his direction on the dock, still attempting to control her laugh. She spoke, but every so often her sentence was interrupted by a little laugh, chuckling at him. He was entertaining, but she was sure he knew she meant it in a good way. Mew was very proud herself, although it didn't seem that Slay was the same on that point, and she meant nothing condescending by this. Haha, you sure did. Here, you have this fish, you worked so hard for it. When the sentence finished, she broke out in laughter again, although it quickly became a chuckle, and then died to just a smile. You're the hungry one anyway, - she stated, and it was obvious that that was indeed the case. She had enjoyed a rabbit only hours before anyway, so this meal was completely his.

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

His blunt claws scrabbled against the wet wood of the dock as he laboriously pulled himself from the ocean's placid clutch. Dropping to the deck in a damp puddle of saltwater, Slay grinned at Mew's peals of laughter, pleased that he had brought a smile to her face. "Mm, perhaps I am the hungry one - I've got to keep up with my girlish figure, you know," he deadpanned, icy eyes twinkling with amusement. "Then again, they say fish is brain food. Perhaps instead of improving my dashing looks, it could do some good and improve my smarts!"

He craned his neck, still laying flat on his bedraggled belly, and caught the limp bass's tail betwixt his fangs. He dragged the weighty meal so that it rested atop his wide paws, and began deftly stripping away the scales and spines, leaving the offal in a neat pile for the seagulls to pick disappointedly through later. Crunching happily away on the tiny bones in his first big mouthful, Slay tilted his head curiously towards Mew.

"Shay, Mew, d'you shink it'sh weird fo' me no' to transhform...?" He swallowed the dense fish meat, licking his lips with pleasure at the rich flavor. "Let's try that again. D'you think it's odd that I don't do the whole... two-legger thing like everyone else? I can, it's in my blood, but I've honestly never tried it." His partially-eaten bass lay forgotten for the moment, up for grabs. His voice was still light and careless, but there was an honest undercurrent beneath the deceptively innocent tone. Her answer probably wouldn't change his concerns, but she was the one he saw on two legs the most, so it seemed like her opinion would be the best to hear first.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira

Exams over!!! Big Grin
Word count: 362

The soaked male dragged himself onto the dock and didn't hesitate to start feasting on the fish the second Mew proclaimed it as his. Deftly he dissevered the fish, plucking the not-so-interesting parts from the rest, revealing that this was indeed not the first time he had done this. Mew knew nothing of fishing, although she had attempted it but failed miserably. It would have been funny had it not been for the presence of another, but he wasn't here, nor would he ever be, so that didn't really matter. She watched as the fish was edible, and when Slay started talking with his mouth full, that chuckle which had died down only seconds ago arose again. He was a silly one, for sure, but it felt good to laugh, and especially when knowing the other was very relaxed about it. Sometimes, Mew had laughed at others, which had not gone down well. It was one of those things she wasn't that good at; judging when people were being funny on purpose, or involuntarily. Slay was easy that way, though.

Haha, what was that? Seconds passed, and the male repeated the sentence, this time with less mouth-full-of-fish-sounds. He was such a clown, and Mew wondered if he enjoyed it or if it was just an act he did because he didn't know what else to do. It didn't really matter much though, he seemed comfortable enough. Nah, that's not odd. Just look at Cer, she's barely ever shapeshifted. But it's very handy sometimes, like for me when I play the guitar. And I know there's a way to fish with some human tools, that require hands, but then you don't touch the water. Saw it in a book, it looked fancy. She gave it some more thought, staring absently for a few seconds before snapping back into it and meeting his gaze again. And I just find it more beautiful. You know, us girls like to feel beautiful. Winking at him to finish off the comment, she thanked heavens he was the joking kind. Comments like these had gone wrong before, but it wouldn't with Slay, probably. He was a funny lad.

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Slay quirked an eyebrow at Mew, offering a lop-sided smirk at the chance to flirt. "Oh yes, us girls certainly do. Anything that accents the eyes, don't you know, and a good chance to show off how much tail we've got..." He gave his a thump on the deck, finishing the playful retort.

So - transforming was about convenience, and personal choice. In that case, he really shouldn't worry too much about it, especially if he wasn't the only one. He was already enough of an oddity, what with yin-yang fur, and dropping asleep ever fifteen minutes... It shouldn't matter if he chose not to totter around on his hind legs, too. He was reminded of the only relative he liked, his younger cousin Aniketos. She did everything she could to stand out, even dyeing her white fur all shades of the rainbow, but she was always overshadowed by Slay, who wanted nothing more than to fit in and be forgotten about. He hadn't seen her in ages, though, not since he ran away from home. Perhaps he did miss her, from time to time.

"Fishing without getting wet, you say," he repeated, interest dawning in his pale blue eyes. "That's almost unnatural - but I must admit, it would be a huge advantage for a handsome fellow such as myself to not have a soggy pelt around beautiful ladies..."

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira

Crappy reply, but it's a reply!

The playfulness of their conversation lingered, as it nearly always did when Slay was involved. His flirty personality was so easy to get along with, but she didn't know how he interacted with males. And, of course, Mew knew that this was all pretense flirting; simply a tool for making the conversation more entertaining for them both. And it worked; Mew found herself smiling from ear to ear and really enjoying it all. It was a seldom thing, this sort of behavior from her. Perhaps this was why Cercelee was so drawn to the male. Because Mew might be blind to a lot of things, but she had not missed that fact. The two would fit together, even though they were so incredibly different in personalities. At times, anyways.

Still playing, Slay seemed interested in that fishing technique she had seen in an old book some time ago. Mew herself was not that interested in fishing, but Slay obviously was. Hehe, yeah, definetely. Not that you don't look stunning no matter, though. A wink, then another sentence. There were some pictures as well there, showing how the man used a pole with a line on it, and a sharp object at the end, to catch the fish. Apparently the fish get hooked themselves. I didn't read it very carefully. Her white-furred shoulders shrugged in an apology, but she was certain that if she went to look she could find the book again. It was in Wolfville's library, and she doubted folks removed a lot of books from there these days.

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

OoC: Sorry for my absence! ;__;

"Well, that would be a good reason to grow hands," he murmured with a smile. That would be an amusing co-rank, no? Master Fisherman? He couldn't picture himself as a two-legger, though. Most of the luperci he'd seen had some differences in their markings when they shifted - extra colours, decorative tattoos, or even styled hair like the drawings of humans he'd seen. It was a rather fascinating sub-culture. How did human fisherman style themselves? Maybe someday, he thought bemusedly, when I'm definitely too old to have pups that will laugh at me.

Slay smiled up at Mew, his pale blue eyes meeting her brilliant green. He was quickly coming to realize that she was one of the sharpest, most clever wolves in their pack, with her ability to read human literature (and music!), coupled with her knowledge of their techniques. It was nice to have conversations like this, ones that weren't weighted in any way, ones without veiled threats or awkwardness. If Mew ever required his assistance, he would be willing to help her in whatever way he could -- even if she needed physical protection. That was one more wolf on the short list of those Slay would be willing to exert himself for...

"Oh yes, my marvelously musical Mew, I do appear stunningly handsome at all times, but my meagre beauty pales in comparison to your shining alabaster locks, your sparkling emerald gaze, the quintessential curves that make up your voluptuous form...! Truly, thou art a gift from the gods, crafted from the silvery clouds of heaven itself!"
He fluttered his eyelashes, enjoying the chance to show off his vocabulary. He hadn't invented such a cheesy compliment since his shameless flirting with Iskata, whom predictably he had not seen since. Those who weren't used to his quirky moods and mannerisms were often put off by the odd arctic wolf, although the members of his pack were surprisingly more forgiving towards his antics...

[/html]
[html]

Mew Sadira
another crappy reply by me but hey, what can you do Tongue

As expected, he seemed mildly interested in the human fishing technique. It seemed, however, as if he wasn't too keen on shifting, and Mew would not push it. If he wanted to know more about it she knew he would not be shy to seek her out, and that was a comfortable thing to know. I'd believe it is. Humans were masters when it came to making things to make their lives comfortable and effortless. Perhaps that was why they had been so easily removed from the surface of the earth. Or - there were still a few of them left, apparently. Stories of little "packs" of humans traveling around were frequent, but Mew had not seen any of them herself. She'd rather not either, since she was stealing all their secrets and knowledge! It all suited her perfectly.

Eyelashes fluttered as Slay presented a flow of elaborate compliments, not even an ounce of seriousness in his voice or his form. Bursting into laughter again, Mew could not do otherwise. His silliness had no bottom, it seemed, and that suited her perfectly as well. Marveling for a second at how he could think of all of that, grabbing the words out of the air like some magician, the femme felt tears swell up in those "sparkling emerald" eyes of hers. It was too much, really, and too long since she had laughed like this. Not really finding a response either (she wasn't the magician here), she simply concentrated on subduing her laughter. Hands flailed helplessly and sometimes came up to wipe the tears from her eyes, and a pain in her stomach was slowly emerging. He would pay for this, surely, she thought, but it was all jokes and fun really.

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

OoC: I guess we should wrap this up...? Smile My reply is so short. ;_; I can't believe this thread was started back in October!

That's how Mew saw humans? Masters of making things comfortable and effortless... Well, that was a creed that Slay would be happy to adopt. With his scanty knowledge of the two-leggers and their extinct society, they just seemed short-sighted and weak to him - but if hedonism was among their traits, perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing to follow in their footsteps.

Slay felt his own grin spreading across his muzzle as he watched Mew break down into uncontrollable laughter. It was good to see her so happy! She had seemed quite distracted when he first spotted her today. Raising her spirits, however unintentionally, had done his own some good. "Come now, my dear, it's not that funny," he grumbled good-naturedly, rising fluidly to his paws to give her a teasing nudge. "If you can't get a hold of yourself, I'll have no choice but to push you into the water!"
He let his ebony tail wave playfully behind him, adopting a mock-threatening pose.

[/html]
[html]

Mew Sadira
Yeah it's sick innit! xD
you can post again and then request it archived? Smile I couldn't make a natural exit right after a laughing fit Tongue

Slowly, so slowly, the ache in her stomach subsided, and the laughter became more of a giggle. The dark-and-light male gave her only seconds to recuperate, however, before nudging her and giving her a friendly threat. The laughter in her threatened her more, threatened to blossom up again, with full strength, but instead there came another tiny giggle which died again after a few seconds. Wiping her tears with one arm she supported her upper body with the other, still catching her breath. You kill me, Slay, you know that? Every now and then a giggle would surface and be strangled, and she sat up properly to gain more control. She should keep an eye on Slay, before he ran off with every girl in the pack! The thought humored her, giving her mental images of every female in the pack chasing after him, and Slay running at the front with a face of pure panic. Even though his flirts were all games, it was still charming, and Mew felt herself becoming more and more warmly attuned to the male. That was, in a friendly manner - her heart belonged to someone she did not want to think about. Ah but we can't have this glorious fur get all wet, now can we? Sitting there simply looking at him, she'd let him keep having the control of the conversation. She was remotely tired now anyways, tummy muscles still aching in cramps. It was a good kind of cramp, though.

[/html]
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer

OoC: ^_^

"Then I suppose the moniker makes sense," he added with a sly grin, "if my humor truly slays you." Dumb joke, but wasn't everything he just said? He couldn't keep his sloppy grin from spreading ear to ear as he watched Mew struggle to catch her breath, shaky from her giggling fit. After a moment, she got there; her shining green eyes locked onto his pale blue, the shifted werewolf alongside the lupus. They were odd companions, but friends nonetheless.

"Indeed, t'would be a pity for the ages, if your luxurious fur were to be dampened. Perhaps rather than threatening you, I should be taking my leave..." Slay rose to his paws, letting his black-dipped tail wag in a friendly canine manner. He wasn't looking forward to being alone again, but he knew Mew had her own business to take care of, and his lighthearted company would only wear thin after a while. His hunger was sated, and his confused thoughts had subsided for the moment being. "Thanks for the lovely afternoon, m'dear. I hope we can exchange wits again soon!" The arctic wolf gave a polite bow, ever the gentleman, and let his wide paws carry him from the slippery wood of the dock to the cooling sands he had arrived from, leaving Mew with her thoughts.

[/html]