Improper Methods
ooc: Alright, sorry if this post sounds a bit rushed. I've got a huge project due at school, but I wanted to get this thread started. Just so you know, Rath's a bit...cautious when it comes to social interactions with other. One might even go so far as to call him somewhat shy. lol
355 words

bic: The tall, ruddy hued male wandered out of the third uninhabited structure he had searched that day. Once again, he had nothing to show for his investigation of the human settlement of Wolfville. Shaking his head in frustration, the wolf slowly strode onward to the next building. The young woodworker was quite disappointed that he had not been able to find so much as a hatchet with which he could chop and strip the various pieces of wood he had found in his excursions from his home on southern border of Berwick to the forests beyond. Unbeknownst to the socially inept male, he hadn't necessarily been searching in what a more knowledgeable individual might consider to be the best spots. Perhaps it was the fact that he feared possibly intruding on another pack mate’s property or some similarly unfounded phobia, but for the most part the reddish brown pelted wolf had avoided the more heavily structured regions of both Berwick and Wolfville, choosing to examine the few, scattered structures that lay about the borders of the towns.
He paused briefly in the open doorway of his next target, a ramshackle cabin surrounded by little more than a few struggling saplings. Inwardly, he scolded himself for being so nervous about meeting the other members of his new pack. After all, he had been instructed by both Slay and Cwmfen to seek out a particular individual, the pack musician Mew Sadira. Instead of following their advice he had clung to his solitary habits, quietly searching for the tools he required. His lack of success had finally convinced him. Turning from the doorway of the run down cabin, he resolved to do as he had been advised. He would do his best to find this Mew Sadira.
So, having finally decided the best course of action, he changed his direction and walked onward, gradually making his way towards the center of Wolfville. From what he understood, there was a meeting place at the center of the town. His instincts told him he should make his way there to begin his search. It seemed like a logical starting point.
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira
I wasn't quite sure what you wanted to do with finding her, so I just placed her in Wolfville.. He could howl for her or something? She never travels to the center unless Cer has a pack meeting, see Sad
Word Count: 309

The female was out, for once, enjoying the milder spring weather play with her furs - and the occasional chilly breath of wind that came her way. Indeed, her pelt was made for winter, and she was comfortable - moreso than others, perhaps - during the cold seasons, although the summers could get overly hot until her pelt was shed. Right now she enjoyed a perfect outside temperature - sometimes getting slightly hot, but then cooled down to a comfortable level by the wind. She'd opened all doors and windows of her den (or.. her and Lubomir's den, as it was - she thought with a giggle), to let the fresh air come in and the nice temperature fill every corner of her little house. As she stood outside the wooden building, she read the sign on the outside of her den, which read "Bed & Breakfast". She had no idea what the symbol "&" meant, although the whole sign confused her anyway, so she paid no attention to it. It seemed as if it meant the whole building though, but Mew had only taken a duplet of rooms as her own. It was one small room, and one big one. She rarily used the bigger one, though, as Lubomir often hung out in the library, and if Mew wanted to do music she'd go to her "gold mine" - the large house in Berwick to the south, or to the old building which had a sign that read "Wolfville Jr. High & Elementary School" - it had several rooms dedicated to music, it seemed. The doors were old and broken, and not hard to push through. Sighing in pleasure, Mew leaned towards the wall of her own "Bed & Breakfast", and closed her eyes. Perfect relaxation, although she might perhaps go in again, to Lubomir, for a wholly different kind of pleasure.

[/html]
ooc: ^^' lol I did forget to ask about that little detail didn't I? Oh well, I suppose I could just have Rath pass the Bed & Breakfast on his way to the center of the town. He's not the best when it comes to finding the things he's looking for. So...yeah I'll try and make it work. Sorry for the whole, lack of planning on my part XD
Words: 496

bic: As the ruddy male wound his way through the buildings in Wolfville, he couldn't help but wonder how he would find Mew if he had no idea what she looked like. His brow furrowed as a mild frustration came over him. He shook his head, causing the shaggy ponytail hanging down at the base of his skull to swish from side to side. The white flecks in his reddish brown fur only served as odd highlights in his long kinky hair. "I still have to get this cut," he thought to himself, only allowing himself to be distracted from his current task for a short moment.
Rounding a corner, the tall wolf continued to ponder just how he would find the pack musician that he had been advised to seek out. His question was quickly answered, however, as his gleaming, gooseberry green eyes fell upon the sight of a white wolfess leaning up against one of the nearby buildings. His eyes momentarily travelled to he sign hanging above the buildings doorway "Bed...Breakfast...I wonder what that symbol in the middle means," he whispered to himself. His reading abilities were rudimentary at best, although he knew how to write his own name and read certain words. He had his late mother to thank for his understanding of the 26 letter human alphabet off of which his elementary reading skills were based. In perfect honesty it had not been a skill he had chosen to cultivate in his youth, choosing rather to focus on honing his woodworking skills.
He pondered the various possible solutions to his strange symbols meaning as he sauntered over to the female, his head slightly lowered and his posture raised up straight, hoping to appear both confident yet respectful of his pack mate. When he had closed the distance between them to about ten yards, he cleared his throat and spoke, smiling in order to show his friendly intentions. "Excuse me Miss, my name is Henratha Gyrkin, I'm a new member of Dahlia De Mai. I was wondering if you might be able to assist me in finding someone. You see, I was told to seek out this pack's musician, Mew Sadira. I'm a bit of a musician myself, although I tend to busy myself more with woodworking and building instruments than playing them. I also build other things, but instruments are my present specialty," he managed to stop himself as he realized his long introduction was leading him away from his original reason for addressing the white female in the first place. "So, do you know where I might be able to find Mew Sadira?" He asked, his white tufted ears perking in a curiosity. He hadn't meant to ramble when he spoke. It was his lack of social experience which made him nervous, which in turn made him lose himself in his words. He hoped that his continued interactions with the members of his new pack would help rid him of his horrible habit.
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira
Hahaha, don't worry about it! Sorry for the wait - not been feeling well :/
Word Count: 385

The male approaching had not gone unnoticed by the woman, despite her distant state of mind. After all, she did have ears and smell, even if her eyes were closed. On the other hand, the ivory femme hadn't expected him to approach her to speak, she'd assumed he was coming through. His smell was one she hadn't smelt before, although he did smell of their pack, and she knew that he was safe. Although.. sometimes this was not true, despite the comfort of a packmate's smell. Sabeen had been.. vicious. It hadn't taken long before everyone knew - news like that traveled fast, and Mew could not make up her mind on what she felt about it. Her eyes opened as the male introduced himself, and her vividly green orbs landed on him, both inspecting him and simply looking at him for politeness' sake. He looked strange - with his hair uncut in a tail, and very strange markings - both in color and position. He would perhaps come from far away, where such an appearance was normal. As soon as her gaze reached his eyes, she was surprised again. There weren't that many around with green eyes, and certainly not that kind of green.

Snapping back to the actual conversation now, she let his strange appearance be, and tried to listen properly - as she should - to what he was saying. she hadn't missed his words before, although she hadn't paid them full attention either. This, she did now, and was again surprised to relatively fast find her name among his words. She didn't respond until more words poured out of him, and then her name again. Why, no one (almost) cared about her co-rank, no one bothered to seek her out because of that. Well, until now, obviously. Still her body did not express the puzzlement she felt, and her pose was the same, only with her head and gaze directed at him. The wheels in her head spun furiously, however, before she managed to get a hold of herself and stood up, no longer leaning to the wall. Her tail flowed casually behind her, ears erect but not alarmed or displaying anything negative towards the male, and she put a hand forward, intending to greet him. Mew Sadira, at your service.

[/html]
ooc: No worries ^_^. I hope you feel better. My life has become increasingly busy of late, which is why I haven't started any new threads for Rath, even though I want to XD.
Words: 500+

ic:The ruddy hued male had allowed his gaze to wander to the building behind the white female. Its construction was quite fascinating to him, as he had recently gained the desire to one day construct a building out of wood, just like his father had done. However, he first needed tools before he could try and construct anything. His thoughts wandered for a moment before he abruptly returned his attention to the green eyed wolfess before him. What had she just said? She was Mew Sadira. He had just been asking the very individual he had been seeking out where he might find her. How embarrassing. His ears tilted back slightly as his nervous, timid personality slowly began to take hold of his actions once more. However, he then trained his eyes upon the white femme's hand which she had extended to him in a gesture of greeting. Remembering his manners, he gently clasped Mew's hand with his right hand and shook it softly, returning her gesture. "I'm glad to finally meet you. When I first joined the pack, Slay told me I should try and find you and then I met Cwmfen and she told me the same thing. You see, I was wondering if you might have any extra tools I could borrow, just until I find some of my own. I can't build anything without the proper tools, and both Slay and Cwmfen said you would be the person to talk to," he explained, deciding it was best to let her know why he, a strange newcomer, had been specifically looking for her. It seemed like the polite thing to do.
His sense of embarrassment quickly faded after shaking the female's hand. She seemed friendly, and she had certainly not given him a reason to be nervous around her. As such, he forced himself to smile and calm down, suppressing his urge to start rambling on about something completely irrelevant to the present conversation. However, his memory of what Slay had told him about Mew quickly aroused a question in the tall, ruddy hued male. "Slay mentioned that you carved your own guitar? I don't mean to be rude, but is there any chance I could see it? I made a guitar myself once, and it has been quite a few months since I have played one. I had to leave it and all of my late father's tools at my old home when I decided to go off on my own. That was a decision I have regretted ever since I left over half a year ago," he sighed and shook his head knowing that such things did not matter at present. He was simply curious to see the instrument that Mew had made with her own two hands, if indeed the rumor was true. What wood had she used? What did she use for strings? What did it sound like? These questions fluttered through his mind as he awaited the white hued wolfess' answer, hoping she would agree to show him her instrument.
[html]
Mew Sadira
Yeah, I know the feeling. I wish I had fewer threads - so many, and so much university stuff going on! Sorry for this late and poor reply :/
Word Count: 377

For a moment he seemed to jump into some world unknown to her, before her voice brought his attention back to this one, and her presence. His ears gave away that he did not feel 100%, but instantly corrected themselves and he clasped her hand, accepting her greeting, before another flow of words came from him. Mew's ears remained pointed as she listened to his tale, mentioning names she knew very well. In fact, she grew a little embarrassed that they would immediately direct this male to her - after all, even though her co-rank was known, most did not care about it at all. But then this Henratha Gyrkin had been lucky, in a sense, and bumped into the very two individuals who had first encountered her passion in a one-on-one situation. Heat rose in her cheeks, and she glanced quickly to the door of her home, as if she could draw some safety in knowing Lubomir was in there, sleeping. Sleeping so beautifully, as he ought to, the way she spoiled him. The heat was refreshed, although this time not because of the possibility of praise, but because she felt inferior. Tools? She barely used tools. If this Henratha used proper tools, his skill surely exceeded hers by far. One question, which she would not ask, lingered in her head for a moment before she threw it away - why, if he needed tools to perform his craft, had he not brought them? Why did he not take them with him when he left to come to this pack instead? Before she could conjure a plausible answer in her mind, he answered it for her, and she again felt heat rise in her face. Oh she was a foolish girl, and had remained silent while he spoke. Shaking her white head, Mew spoke quietly, looking at him directly, but with a hint of an apology on her face. I.. don't use tools. Well, she did use tools, just not... tools. She was in the possession of no proper tools, but she used whatever sharp objects she found, whatever techniques she found in books, and tried to mimic the processes as best she could. So far she'd had success. This one could probably do miles better, though.

[/html]
ooc: Your reply wasn't poor at all. ^_^ My reply on the other hand could use some help, lol
Words: 306

ic:Rath's ears perked at the white female's reply. She didn't use tools? How was this possible? What did she use to make her instrument? Surely she hadn't used her claws. For a moment, he felt ashamed. He had been foolish to leave his father's tools behind and perhaps even more foolish to bother this woman with his problems. However, he couldn't help but wonder if Mew might know of some places in this town where he might have better luck searching for the precious tools he required. "I understand, and I'm sorry to bother you further, but do you perhaps know of any buildings here in Wolfville that might have been used as shops of some sort? My next plan was to head further into town to look," he chuckled, trying not to appear desperate. Truthfully he was simply seeking advice from the white wolfess. She had lived in the Dahlia de Mai pack lands much longer than he had. She likely had explored this human town far more than he had as of yet. Perhaps she could point him in the right direction.
His gooseberry green eyes focused on the musicians similarly green gaze, doing his best to keep his active mind from wandering, as was its habit. He had been rude by allowing himself to be distracted by the surrounding environment instead of patiently waiting for the female's response to his initial greeting. Hopefully some day he would master the various nuances of social etiquette. Then he might be able to save himself from a great deal of embarrassment. Unfortunately, the naturally shy male was still struggling with basic manners. The minute details had of social living had not even crossed his mind as of yet. He waited silently for Mew's next response, his tail giving a single swish behind him as he waited.
[html]
Mew Sadira
Again, the wait. But I'm on absence, so.. Be patient with me!
Word Count: 366

Her gaze rested on him, calm but curious, and she finally shook herself into some more polite and cooperative state. He had very kindly asked her to show him her guitar, and she had simply ignored it, ignored it because she was ashamed of herself. Should she not see it as a good thing that Henratha had been sent after her anyways? Should she not be proud, and honor this by giving the male whatever she could? He was new, and she was a founder member of this pack. She knew what could be known about the area, especially in regards of music. She'd been folly to only focus on herself and her own feelings - and should regard his instead! Shaking her head, Mew focused her green eyes on the male again, and spoke. He had finished his sentence a few moments ago, and timing-wise it was getting dangerously close to awkward-silence-time. I'm sorry, it's a little early for me still., she said, her hands behind her, clasped - but relaxed. She liked holding them that way. Of course I'll tell you everything I know - want to come inside and have a look at my guitar? It wasn't exactly carved by her... it would be a lie to present it that way, still, the female opened the door to her Bed & Breakfast, inviting the male inside. Her bedroom was upstairs, which was where Lubomir would still be snoring, probably. He wouldn't mind to have a visitor. Seeing the need not to make the male musician too excited about her "self-carved guitar" - made without tools! - Mew looked at him again, finding his gaze, and attempted to explain it. I haven't so much carved as simply put together the guitar, from defect versions I've found around the place. I think the pack members are very impressed by my skills, but that is mostly because they have no knowledge on it themselves... I do in fact not know the world about building instruments, but it interests me, at least. Smiling, Mew was glad that he had come, once she had overcome her first surprise. It would be nice to have another possible source of knowledge.

[/html]
ooc: Word Count: 409
Rath smiled as Mew invited him into her home. This was a first for the shaggy male. He had never been invited inside someone elses den. What was the answer he was supposed to say. His eyes lit up as he remembered, "Oh, yes thank you very much." His tenor voice rang with a light hearted tone. "And no need to apologize. If anything I should be apologizing for bothering you this early in the day. I'm afraid I'm a bit of an early riser. I go to sleep late and wake up early, although I haven't yet figured out why," he chuckled, mildly amused at his less than healthy sleeping habits. He strolled into the Bed & Breakfast behind the white woman, his eyes immediately drawn to the interior of the building. Instinctively he scanned each wall and the various supporting structures whether they were load bearing walls or support beams. Examining structures would be the only way he could glean ideas for the customized structures he one day hoped to be able to build for his packmates, should they request his services. His attention was snapped back to Mew as she spoke about her guitar. He listened to her explanation about how she had made her own guitar. Rather than carving it, she had put it together using salvaged pieces of other instruments. To him that was just as much an accomplishment as building on from scratch. After all, discerning which pieces were useable and which were not required a keen eye. He had even greater respect for the fact that she had then managed to reconstruct such an intricate instrument as a guitar without the use of human tools. He was eager to see how she had managed to do such a thing. "By defective versions you mean broken guitars? Pardon my curiosity, but did you by chance happen to find most of the pieces in one building or in several buildings throughout the town?" His tone of voice conveyed his genuine interest in what some might consider to be a minute, insignificant detail. However, for the white-flecked, shaggy werewolf, he considered such a detail to be a possible lead in his quest for tools. A building full of broken instruments might be a musical repair shop. If that was the case there would likely be all manner of sophisticated wood working equipment, not necessarily heavy duty carpentry tools, but useful tools for instrument making nonetheless.
[html]
Mew Sadira
Rambling.. sorry.
Word Count: 437

Mew smiled as he entered her den, although the room wasn't part of what she in reality considered her own home. She'd taken a bedroom in this building, true, but by no means had she claimed the whole thing. She didn't need all these rooms, of course, she was just her - and now Lubomir. The convenience of having more rooms at one's disposal was quite apparent right now, however, and she was relieved she did not invite him into her "real" home. Mostly because it consisted only of her bedroom, where Lubomir was sleeping at the moment. It would have been more than slightly awkward if he had woken up to find a strange male in the room.

The ivory femme chuckled as he apologized - weren't they both hopeless? Both apologizing, and for nothing, really. Social conduct forced them to do so, to create a less tense situation out of their strangeness. It was a way of making it known to the other that one did not want to intrude or be in the way, even if they were. In this situation, the stranger was not in the way to either, as Mew didn't mind, and Henratha had actively sought her out. But in any other situation, perhaps, that would be its use. Now, probably, they did it out of old habit - sort of the same as the ritual one goes through when meeting old acquaintances. The laugh died very quickly, but not prematurely. It was a small chuckle, and Mew was a small woman. Nodding as she paid attention to what he said, the council head (there were no one else in the council anymore anyways!) gave him full attention. It was early and she had a lot of energy. Smiling vaguely when she replied, she thought of how easily she'd managed to make her guitar, really. Yeah, I found some broken ones, and several whole ones as well, in a building further north in Wolfville. There were also some books in the building which taught me how I could put it together. Also the library has been an immense help when it comes to understating how the instruments work and how they can be repaired. Mostly I've repaired them, not built them from scratch. Again she shrugged apologetically, before she remembered his last question, which had almost begged for a more specific answer. I think the building is an old school, at least the sign on the outside reads "Wolfville elementary & high school" - whatever that means. There are at least three rooms dedicated to music there, with all kinds of stuff.

[/html]
ooc: Words: 384
Rath listened quietly as Mew clarified how she had made her guitar and how she worked on other instruments. He nodded in silent response to her words, his arms crossed in front of his chest thoughtfully. "What other kinds of instruments have you found?" He inquired out of curiosity. Most of the instruments he had made were flutes and other small woodwind instruments, mostly because finding strings for stringed instruments was difficult. It would be interesting to know what sort of instruments Mew was experienced with should he need to ask her advice at some future time. His white tufted ears perked yet again when Mew told him the building she had found all of the instruments in. He heard her describe it as having at least three rooms dedicated to music and he was immediately excited. "It is to the north of Wolfville you say? I think I'll have to go there soon. Perhaps I'll travel there tomorrow. It sounds like the perfect place to look for all sorts of things." His tone of voice was excited and eager as he spoke to the white wolfess. He was so excited, in fact, that his tail had begun to wag in an unusual display of emotion for the male. His gooseberry hued gaze turned once more to look at Mew as his mind conjured up yet another question. He paused for a moment, not entirely sure if he should ask it. After all, he had done nothing but ask questions so far in this conversation. He wondered if the musician might think him a nuisance if he asked another. However, he thought about how the conversation had progressed so far and reminded himself that Mew had offered to tell him all she knew. If he didn't ask questions, she would not know what to tell him. He had saved himself from yet another bout of nervous stuttering and rambling. "How do you play your music? I mean...how do you learn the tones? Do you learn by reading musical notes or by trial and error?" He longed to be able to read musical notation, but as of yet he had learned to play only through listening to the sounds the instruments made and by stringing them together into whatever melodies he arranged in his mind.
[html]
Mew Sadira
Word Count: 444

Leaning toward the wall again, Mew listened to what the male had to say, interested, even if he didn't say much about himself. Eager to share her knowledge now (even though it was slightly sad to know that she no longer had the library and music rooms to herself), her hands came out from having been squeezed between the wall and her bum, and now gestured vaguely to follow her words. I've found some flutes, and a few brass instruments. I also restored a violin, which I gave to my brother as a gift. One secret she would keep, and that was the one of the piano. It was not close to the music school, but further south in the packlands, in Flander's Fields. Only those she considered her friends knew about it, and that was because she'd shown them. It would a secret she would keep for some time further, but eventually she'd probably tell Henratha about that one too. If he was interested in key instruments there were several broken pianos in the music rooms at the school anyways. There are loads of other broken instruments there still though, and at least ten guitars or more that could use some repairs.

The male asked for more specific directions again, but Mew had no proper notion of what everything in a city was named. She often found it difficult to describe a specific location in a city. Uh, well if you start from the harbor - the wooden path itself - and work yourself south from there, instead of going north from here, it's along the big and flat-rocked path, on the west side of it. You know, the kind of path that are everywhere in a human city, but it's twice as broad. You can't miss it. In reality, Mew was talking about an asphalted highway, but she didn't know what either was. A strange face was the one she put up as she hoped her description would be sufficient.

It seemed all the information that came spilling out of her was pleasing him, as she vaguely noticed his tail starting to wag slightly. Her own mirrored the movement, the white slender tail moving from side to side behind her - a gesture showing that she was comfortable, and that his presence was pleasing. Again her hands moved, naturally, as she spoke with a calm voice, unstressed. I've taught myself how to read human music sheets - the library is a true gold mine! Unfortunately, though, they have two systems, or even three, sort of. One for chords, one for guitars, and one for everything else. It can be confusing, I'll admit.
[/html]
ooc: Word Count:486
Rath continued to listen to everything Mew told him with quiet enthusiasm. The more she told him about this 'school' the more he wanted to go there. However, her description of the directions was confusing to him. Perhaps the easiest landmark would be to find this double wide road she seemed to have mentioned. That would be a good starting point. He was especially eager at the prospect of repairing a guitar to replace the one he had left behind. His brow furrowed when he thought about an instrument she had mentioned. He had never before heard the name violin before, but the name sounded pretty, so perhaps if he ever found one he would have to try and play it. "Flutes are wonderful instruments. The tones they produce are wonderful to dance to. They are surprisingly easy to make from hand as well. I've probably made at least ten small flutes before. I could teach you sometime, if you would like," he offered. After all Mew had helped him by divulging the whereabouts of a great destination in his search for tools. He would probably be able to teach an experienced musician like herself the principle of wooden flute making in a day or two. What he liked the most were actually recorders, a type of flute most often made from wood. Rath smiled admiringly as Mew told him that she could read music. "I've always wished I could read music. You can learn so many melodies and actually have the music sheets to read should you forget them. As for me, I have to practice every day to make sure I don't forget the songs I've made up. I'd probably not even be able to play them now that I haven't played in so long." His tone was regretful as he spoke. He would certainly have to repair one of those guitars so he could begin practicing once more. Perhaps Mew would even be willing to advise him about the melodies he had formulated, or teach him how to read and write musical notation so he could preserve them. Someday perhaps. "Am I understanding correctly when I understand the term library to mean a building filled with books? I learned about such a thing when I was a pup, but I have never before seen or been to one. I'll have to add that to my list of future destinations," he chuckled. Truthfully he didn't know when he'd have time to do all of these things. Still, it wasn't bad to compile a list he supposed. As he stood there talking with Mew, his muscular arms remained crossed in front of him and his head was slightly tilted to the side. Everything about his posture dictated that he was highly interested in the conversation. It was quite pleasing to the ruddy hued, shaggy male to speak with someone who shared his love of music.
[html]
Mew Sadira
Rambling a little again ^^
Word Count: 594

He offered to teach her to make flutes, and at this offer her tail moved more clearly for a moment - her enthusiasm rising. She'd always wanted to know how to properly make instruments, instead of her makeshift skills puzzled together from what hordes of books had taught her on the subject. It had been easy enough to find books on learning to read and write the human music, but their instrument building technique seemed to be a mystery well clouded. Still she knew some basics, but lacking tools she had never been able to do something properly. The idea of making flutes, however, seemed very appealing to the woman, as she'd always enjoyed their high-pitched sounds, even if they were a bit shrill once you moved high enough. That would be great - I'd love that some day, thank you. Smiling, she shone of honesty, and it was obvious that she expected this to be some sort of an agreement between them, much like the agreement that Alexey was learning to play the piano by Mew twice a week. Only this one didn't have a set date, that's all.

Nodding, Henratha put forward the many advantages to knowing how to read and write music, and Mew realized she was lost in this conversation. Yes, it had happened that people had shown interest in her calling, her passion, but they had known nothing themselves. Perhaps they were adequate singers at best, but didn't know what to do with their voice. And then here was a freshly joined member of Dahlia de Mai, her own pack, and he happened to know the things she did not, and she happened to know the things he did not. So much they could teach each other! Her mind went dumb with all the overwhelming possibilities. They could be a duo - she could sing and he could play the flute! Or he could play guitar, and she could too, and they both sing. Oh, so many things they could do, she didn't know what to do with all of her thoughts. Of course, the enthusiastic ramble ran in the background of her focused mind, because she was still all eyes on her conversation partner. It was just that she'd never had such an interesting conversation in moons, years even, maybe! Yeah, the human techniques for writing music is extremely handy, and very elaborate, as well. You get a wholly different understanding of all the possibilities of it once you study the theories hard enough. And the sheets of paper found in buildings here in Wolfville, or anywhere else, are sort of.. remnants from a dead time, and a dead species. It feels very mysterious to play "their" music, and to claim it as my own instead. Suddenly the woman blushed, and her gaze flickered to the ground for a moment, before returning, green to green, to meet his gaze. She felt silly for applying such supernatural abilities to a phenomenon as simple as music. But it was everything to her, besides Lubomir, and she could not help it.

The male with the rough furs indirectly asked for confirmation on what a library was - Mew had taken her knowledge for granted again. Nodding, she stretched out an arm and pointed in the direction of where the building was. Yes, it has a lot of books. We have several libraries, but the biggest one is in town in that direction. There's a small one in the music rooms at the school, though, with music-related books. That's where I started.

[/html]
[html]
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5830/h ... gyrkin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Rath's brows furrowed in an interested manner as he listened to Mew describe the library. It appeared as if he had yet another place to chalk up to his list of future destinations. He had no idea when he'd ever get the time to visit all of them. Despite the subconscious urge to discuss the idea within himself, he remained focused on the white female in front of him, listening to her words with rapt attention. Indeed this was quite an enjoyable conversation, the likes of which he had not had for a long while. To speak with someone who actually understood certain aspects of his hobby and practiced them herself, was a superbly enjoyable experience. However, he could not think of anymore questions to ask the white femme. She had answered every one he had thought of and now he simply had run out of them.

"So Mew...I've asked you so many questions...do you have any questions for me?" He asked. That was a question, of sorts. Besides, it was only fair that she should be given a chance to pick his brain should she desire. He wasn't sure whether or not he'd be a source of any great knowledge, but at least he had made an attempt to be polite. Despite the various thoughts dashing in and out of his scatter brain mind, Rath maintained his eye contact with the green eyed musician, his features softened in a friendly, expectant manner. He had gone to enough trouble to ask if she had anything to ask him, and now he was actually wishing for her to ask him something. He was enjoying having a conversation with a fellow musician and did not wish it to end when he believed it to have only just gotten started. Hopefully it would not end.

[/html]
[html]
Mew Sadira
Word Count: 406

As she stood there, quite relaxed, and answered all his questions, Mew realized that if it hadn't been for Lubomir, she might very well have fallen for the strange male in front of her, it not for the strange looks, then for him sharing her passion for music. Of course, this didn't make him a current candidate for her romantic affections, as Lubomir did exist, but it was still slightly quite humorous to think about. Likely she would have done nothing about it had she been single, out of fear for rejection. Much like she had delayed confessing her emotions for Lubomir long enough for him to disappear and reappear at her doorstep. She was an impossible woman at times - lecturing everyone on how to lead their lives while not being able to lead her own. That was in the past, however, and it would stay there; she had no plans to leave her mate, and her precious heart, behind. Never.

The male proclaimed that he had no further questions, and then promptly offered her another one, although it was directed at her own curiosity. Did she have something to ask? She certainly had a lot of things she was curious about regarding him, like whether he had any instruments with him, and whether he knew how to make the tools he needed if he was given the materials. She also wondered how he could play music on instruments without reading music - did he just pick it out of the air? Of course, Mew did improvise, but normally she needed or used something more solid as a base. That was the order of how she learnt things. With her voice, though, she was freer, and she often sang things she had never read nor heard before - perhaps that was how he did all his music. If so, she certainly admired him, as she had never been able to do this on an instrument, only with her voice. Tell me.. you say you don't read human notation? How do you play music then? I mean.. where do you get it from? Just.. improvisation?

Truly, if he was that skilled, she knew she had found herself a tutor. Perhaps he would be willing to teach her this technique on the guitar, in exchange for the knowledge on human notation? His mind was valuable, that much was obvious. She only wished she could have his knowledge.

[/html]
[html]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/ ... gyrkin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Word Count:396

The tall male listened quietly to Mew's question. She asked about his method of playing and he smiled. He had never considered how he played to be anything extraordinary, but perhaps she found the concept of learning through trial and error interesting. "Unfortunately I do not read musical notation. What I've learned has been through long hours of trial and error with the various instruments I used to own. I suppose you could call it improvisation for the most part, although my father did teach me a few old human songs he had heard as a pup. They weren't overly difficult to learn, I just listened to them and then did my best to duplicate the tones with whatever instrument I was playing," he replied, his brow furrowing as he tried to think of something else he could add to his answer. He did not think having to learn music was any great feat, but rather a tragedy. He had never had proper instruction of any kind and the music he had developed himself had come from numerous hours spent in between his other various childhood lessons. His gooseberry hued gaze gleamed as he remembered the first time he had arranged a series of tones that had actually sounded good. It had been one of his proudest achievements. He remembered having to play the same song over and over again to make sure he didn't forget it.

"As I said before, what I know of music came from trial and error. I would sit for a long time and play various notes, trying to arrange them into melodies. Then if I was lucky enough to discover a melody that sounded good enough I would try and develop harmonies for them. That was what took the longest. Most often by the time I had developed a harmony I had nearly forgotten the melody," he chuckled at that last statement before continuing, his bushy tail swishing behind him contentedly. "You at least have the luxury of being able to write things down." he finished, his gaze transmitting the feeling of admiration for the pack musician. He thought her to be far more skilled in the methods of music than him. She had had opportunities to study musical notation and technique in the library. He couldn't help but wish he had been so fortunate in his life thus far.

[/html]
[html]
Mew Sadira
Sorry for the wait
Word Count: 444

Listening to his explanation, Mew could not help but be fascinated. Her own journey to musical understanding had been so different. She had encountered the music through copying someone else at first; a pack member of Clouded Tears had been kind enough to briefly give her guitar lessons. Then that woman had gone, and Mew was on her own again - quickly concluding that she would have to learn how to read before she could understand this with no tutor. While learning to read hadn't proved itself to be so difficult that it couldn't be mastered, she had truly hit a wall once she started actually reading the books that had convinced her that human written language was the key to music. In these books were treasures beyond what she thought, but in such difficult words - the music had its own language! So many new words needed to be learnt and understood, and hadn't it been for the music dictionary she had found, randomly and luckily, in the library in Clouded Tears, she would never have learnt anything. Then she had set off on her journey that would last one and a half year, and when she returned the old pack lands were burnt and scarred, only to stumble upon this place.

The old guitar she had had in her den at the family's packlands was broken, although she had put it back together with some help from books. It was this guitar she now reached for as she moved to another room, the door nonexistent, and Henratha could see right in. Doing so, she chuckled - a response to the luxury mentioned by the male. Luxury indeed - but then again she had worked on this her whole life, from before she was adolescent, almost. The music was Mew, Mew was the music - it was only to be expected that she acquired as much knowledge on the subject as she could. Yes, luxury.. but do you have any idea how hard it can be to find writing utensils around here? She said the sentence jokingly, it was that sort of a phrase. Smiling, she dipped her upper body through the doorway and fished out the guitar that had been leaning against the wall in that room, bringing it back to Henratha. This is the one I made. It was broken, you can see it's been burnt right here, by the neck of it. Then I found some other ones with necks intact, and pieced everything together. It looked like the puzzle it was, but the main body was one big piece. She didn't have the skills to craft something like that.

[/html]
[html]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/ ... gyrkin.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: Ack slight writer's block. x_x

Words: 300+

Rath chuckled at Mew's response to his comment on the luxury of writing music. "I suppose that could be difficult," the ruddy hued male responded, his lips curling in an amused smile. However, Rath's amusement was quickly silenced the introduction of Mew's instrument. She showed him the slightly burnt area on the neck and how she had repaired it from pieces of other guitars. Rath was absolutely enthralled by the instrument, the first that he had seen in almost a year. His gooseberry green gaze scanned every inch of the guitar, from the head stock down to the opposite end of the body. He loved everything about it. "It's beautiful Mew," Henratha replied, a look of admiration etched on his face, "C...could I t-try and play it?" He asked, with a hopeful tone in his voice. He wanted to run his hands down the guitar and feel its contours. Mostly he wanted to pluck its strings with his fingers. The sight of the instrument made him feel more starved for music than he had ever felt in his entire time without his instruments. His tail was wagging behind him quickly in a very excited manner. He didn't know Mew too well, but he had a strong feeling that she would let him play her guitar. Well, at least he was strongly hopeful. It would be such an honor to play the Pack Musician's instrument, even if she was humble about her abilities. The tall, usually nervous male, was currently behaving similarly to a young pup. His gooseberry green gaze danced back and forth from the guitar to Mew. Had he been thinking about his actions at the time, he would have quickly ceased his puppish behavior. He would have started stuttering and trying to apologize about how foolish he had behaved. In fact he would likely end up apologizing later once his excitement had faded.

[/html]
[html]
Mew Sadira
Sorry for the wait - my exam period is nearly over though! Thank god >_<
Word Count: 218

It seemed as if her guitar brought forward a wholly different Henratha, much similar to the Alexey that she offered to teach how to play music to. Openly showing eagerness in adults wasn't that common, and while Lubomir showed himself as eager in certain situations, Mew had not seen it much. It was always fascinating to watch how people could change rapidly in a situation, when presented with something exciting. For some odd reason Mew simply found it entertaining.

The male seemed at awe at the instrument, and almost just as he asked her whether he could play it she started the movement that would end up offering him the guitar, held out from her body by the neck, but at an angle, so that he might grab it as well. The white femme had no problems sharing her passion, but was not used to anyone being interested. Lately it seemed that "everyone" were, if everyone were Alexey and Henratha, that is. Please, go ahead and try it. It's not tuned though, beware! She chuckled as she spoke - all in all she was in a good mood today. Perhaps she had slept well, but chances were that the new found attention on the musical front was feeding her creative energy. Not rarely did such things affect mood.

[/html]