the devil's water, it ain't so sweet
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
Mew. I am posting at work, shhhh. Big Grin

Geneva Stockholm knew Dahlia de Mai to be the home of the woad-marked dark furred wolfess she had met during the winter months, but outside of that, she had very little knowledge about the pack. Dahli de Mai was shrouded in mystery, and although she had been in Nova Scotia for many months, the woman had never thought to venture close to the pack or its borders. To her knowledge, she had met two of the pack's members.

The gray wolfess had met Cwmfen nic Graine in her first few weeks in Nova Scotia. At that time, she had been part of a different pack. Her time in Crimson Dreams had been punctuated by meetings with very interesting individuals, and the solemn blue-tattooed woman still ranked right up there. Another creature she had met was Sankor Koios. He had been a loner when they had first made each other's acquaintance, but their relationship had evolved into a playful friendship over a matter of weeks. The last time she had seen him, which had been before she had joined Phoenix Valley, the male had mentioned this pack.

The wolfess stayed well outside what she perceived to be marked territory. She had to rely on her eyesight more than anything else due to the fact that she did not have a sense of smell. In her lupus form, she was slight, lithe, and short. She had been the smallest born in her litter and had always been small-boned. Now the slight woman waited at the borderlines for knowledge to present itself.
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the little wait, I didn't see the thread as usual Sad
Word Count 359

What caused the pale female to venture so close to the borders of her homelands was beyond her. For some reason unknown to her, her legs had carried her there while she was deep in thought. Perhaps they had sought some place else than her usual spots, perhaps she was - without knowing - it tired of all the same places and views. Or perhaps she had strayed from her usual path because she didn't want to visit the graveyard today, even though she did it daily, as both a chore and a responsibility. She needed to remind herself of what had happened, and how it was her fault. No, it was Inferni's fault. In fact, blaming both factions had been working for some time. Still, today she found herself elsewhere, and with a certain sensation of relief. Some guilt still nagged at her being, but she pushed it away and continued across the borders and into unclaimed land. Now that she thought about it, she hadn't been outside these dreary packlands in ages. It would be rectified.

........Stopping dead in her tracks, Mew spotted a stranger amongst the growth ahead. Even though she did not tightly socialize with every member in the pack every single day, she knew enough about them all to know that that person there was no one who belonged close to their borders. Suddenly cautious, she kept on forward, meaning to confront the person. After all, they did not necessarily know or have any intent about anything towards her pack, but after everything that had happened to it since it was first founded, Mew was not naïve. She knew not to be too trusting. Then again, they were on neutral ground, and Mew had no reason not to be courteous. She would be, if only to find out whether this person was a threat or not. Approaching the femme, she was certain she could see her very well. She looked like herself, in a way, only with her pelt gray instead of white. Her own green eyes sought the other's as she spoke, calmly and quite pleasantly.

........Hello, my name is Mew Sadira.

Table by Sace/Hemming. Thanks! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... Tablep.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:400px; border:1px #D8FF00 solid; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">
Geneva did not have long to wait before she spotted a pale figure emerging from the pack territory. The woman experienced a bit of excitement in her chest, an ancient instinct rising within her. There was a split second where her primordial mind flitted between fight and flight. Geneva was not much of a fighter, and she doubted she could defend herself against a serious aggressor, but she was too stubborn to flee from danger when she felt she had a stake in the matter. The woman had not had very many experiences at border lands, although she knew the proper protocol. Still, some old instinct, reawakened from when the huge yellow-eyed wolf had attacked her and left her side and shoulder scarred, seemed to rise to the fore, and she stood warily as the woman approached.

Her apprehension faded when the woman greeted her cordially. The Phoenix Valley wolfess spared a few seconds to study the woman, since she could not breathe in her scent. She lowered her head a bit, keeping her stance neutral as she saw that the woman seemed to be a paler reflection of herself. She smiled and spoke, introducing herself. "My name is Geneva Stockholm. I am a member of Phoenix Valley."

Geneva figured it would be good to identify herself. The woman would have been wary at her own borders. Geneva was aware of the danger that strangers could present. She wanted to make it crystal clear that she did not have any negative intentions. "Curiosity brought me here, and nothing else. I had a friend who called this place home once," she explained.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count 301

Her tenseness thawed as the other gave her a name to go with the face. Knowing someone's name somehow made a meeting more official, and provided some fake symbol of security. Before Mew answered to this, though, Geneva also gave her the reason why she was here - the very thing Mew had been thinking to ask about. Smiling, now, the ivory femme was appreciating this polite behavior, and at the same time was curious about who exactly this femme had known. However there was a small element that disturbed her thoughts - Phoenix Valley. Wasn't it Phoenix Valley who had held her nephews? Or, at least one member of Phoenix Valley? The female had not yet spoken with the boys, and thus she did not know that it was Firefly who had put them there, and still believed the case to be a kidnapping. She was good at picking up cores of rumors, but when the solutions or secrets were revealed she did not pay attention as much. She decided, however, to perhaps let that subject lie still for now - after all wouldn't Cer have done something about it if it really had been as simple as a cold-hearted kidnapping? It could have meant war, but there was no war, not even rumors of bad blood. She would have to assume that that part of the Dahlian history had been resolved and was in the past, but she might give in to curiosity later anyway. Smiling, she gave in to her first impulse of curiosity.

........Oh? Who was it that you knew?

........It was clear from her face that this was no interrogation, but small talk. Me w was in fact quite at ease now, and might even find later on to be enjoying herself. Stranger things had happened.

[/html]
[html]
"Sankor Koios," Geneva answered easily. The two-toned male was hard to forget. He had such a kind soul and a ready smile. He had been the first creature Geneva had considered a friend outside of her own pack when she had arrived in Nova Scotia. She missed seeing him, and all the witty banter they used to engage in. She remembered that the man used to call her the bandit, calling the mild mannered woman a thief or criminal. And he had been something along the lines of "the long arm of the law." It had been strange to be so playful, but she had enjoyed her time with Sankor.

She wondered if this pale woman had known the man, but she knew better than to ask. Mew would probably tell her in due time if she had had any contact with Sankor. The male had been well-traveled, as they had first met in neutral territories, and again in her old pack land, Crimson Dreams. She was certain that he must have been active member of his pack too. "He used to speak of his sisters, though I don't remember their names," Geneva admitted, sounding a bit sheepish. She usually paid more attention to detail.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count 319

Mew found her head nodding to her words as she mentioned the name of a well-known pack member. Sankor had gone now, where to Mew did not know. She'd never known him, having secluded herself from everything once Lubomir took her as a mate. She'd noticed how his scent had gradually disappeared and never returned to their lands, and so she'd assumed he had left. If he had died, she would have heard. Such important news always reached her, despite her solitude.

........A vague inquiry on Sankor's sisters, and as Geneva was a friend of Sankor, and then friendly towards her pack (seemingly), Mew had no problem sharing names with the woman. Names of others were not intelligence anyway, it could be used to do nothing to harm her pack, and it wasn't hard to find out who resided where in these lands. No, the only pack she was truly skeptical towards was Inferni, the others were neutral in her eyes they proved to be otherwise. Her voice was calm as she spoke, a small smile on her lips. Adelaida had also left recently, but her favorite of that family had stayed, and for that Mew was glad.

........Yeah, their names are Adelaida and Alexey Koios.. Ade has left as well, I don't know where, but Alexey is a dear friend of mine, and caretaker of my nephews

........Now that the nephews were brought up anyway, the femme could not help but be thrown back into the thought of PV having something to do with their alleged kidnapping in spring. She didn't want to cause a bad situation here, though, especially since Geneva seemed polite and pleasurable enough.

........Can I ask you something? I don't mean to be rude, I'm just curious. This spring, my nephews disappeared, and they were found in Phoenix Valley. Supposedly, some husky had them living in his cabin... Do you know anything about that?

[/html]
[html]
Geneva shook her head, her brows furrowed as her mind wound itself around what Mew had said to her. No one had ever mentioned a disappearance to her. And she had never known Phoenix Valley to have any puppies other than Rendall and Addison, who were well into their adult ranks at this time. She had spent time with both girls, and she was certain that Addison at least would have mentioned if she had seen other pups. Geneva frowned as she realized that Mew had probably chosen her words carefully.

"I was not aware of this situation at all," the green eyed woman admitted. It troubled her that she had not heard of this, as it would have been grounds for bad blood between both their packs. The unspoken word hung in the air: kidnapping. Geneva could only imagine how Jefferson would feel if Addison had gone missing. She knew that the one-eyed Patriarch would not have rested until his child was safe with him once again. She could not imagine the woman in front of her feeling any differently. Despite her polite mien, she sensed that there was a core of steel inside her.

The green eyed woman leveled her eyes with the other woman and spoke again. "I will gather information on this issue," Geneva said. Her words neither confirmed her pack's guilt or validated Mew's accusation of a husky in her pack, but it was obvious that Geneva was worried and serious about this. It troubled her greatly. "If you come to Phoenix Valley, call for me, and I will come," she promised.
[/html]
[html]

Smiling, Mew let her gaze drop to the ground for a moment while Geneva spoke, almost flattered at her concern. She was not used to such politeness from a non-Dahlian. It was good that some still remembered that tradition and courtesy still existed. Most encounters Mew had had between members of her own pack and others over the years had been less than polite. Perhaps now she had stumbled upon someone who valued many of the same things as herself, or perhaps her own behavior requested it. So used to holding a high rank, and air of arrogance had encased Mew on a permanent basis, though she liked to think it was mutual respect that gained her the odd greeting and polite gesture. Now, though, her respect could only grow for the femme in front of her, who reacted so gently to her strange and bold inquiry.

........Oh, don't worry about it. I think the matter has been solved now, and I'm certain I would have heard if there was something truly criminal behind it. But you know, my curiosity is tickled, but I daren't bring the subject up to those involved. It's rude, if not nosy. So I figured I'd ask you, but there's no need to dig into the past.

........Her face was a mask of sincerety, but also one that expected the other female to understand what she meant, making it something normal and casual for a person to feel. And it was normal and casual to be curious, and also to want to not stress one's fellow beings. That being said, she'd rather not have this female run around and ask questions on her behalf. It would be embarrassing, in the very least.

[/html]
Mew dismissed Geneva's worry with a shake of her head and the lightness of her tone. The gray wolfess smiled thinly, grateful for the Dahlian wolf's understanding and the delicate way she handled the situation. She could only imagine that neither wanted to stir up trouble. Still, this mystery bothered the woman and she would still investiage discreetly. She wanted to be certain that there weren't trouble makers lurking in her pack, just waiting to cause trouble. She saw it as her responsibility.

Geneva could understand the woman's sentiments, and she noddedx in her agreement. Geneva was a curious soul. Curiosity often motivated most of her actions, but she was also a private creature. She did not like to dig too deeply into the issues of others unless she deemed it absolutely necessary. She would take Mew's words with a grain of salt and pursue the matter with discretion.

"Have you spoken with anyone else from my pack?" Geneva inquired lightly. She was genuinely curious and she did not think that Mew would mind the question. The question itself was open ended. She was still trying to get a feel for the way that the other members of her pack operated. She knew that many of her pack mates were adventurous, like Tyrone while some preferred to keep to themselves, like Jefferson.
[html]

........ The subject was dropped, and while Mew was relieved to see that, she was at the same time secretly disappointed in the lack of news. But, she might be lucky. Perhaps Geneva managed to sniff out something and came back to her with it. Even if she didn't want her to run around asking questions... If she did do that, and no one knew about Mew's part of it, then it wasn't so bad, was it? Oh, that damn curiosity of hers, she felt like some deceitful bitch sometimes. It sure was in her bloodline - Firefly was forever branded into her consciousness as the very image of deceit.

........ Smiling, her gaze traveled from Geneva's face onto nothing at all as she thought, trying to recall whether she had met anyone from Phoenix Valley before. Her memory might be failing her, but she thought she had not met anyone, although... No. She didn't think so. Then again she hardly remembered anything at all lately, so caught up in her home with Lubomir.

........ No, I don't think I have, actually. But I think I have relatives in your pack. Firefly, my cousin, she's the sister of DaVinci, no?

........ In truth, she knew most of her relatives by name, but hardly any of them in person. This DaVinci.. her cousin? She'd never met him. She'd never met her own father, either, but she knew his name, too. She had a mind for remembering all the names of her useless family, a family that never did anything but abandon her time and time again. Except Haku, Haku was her everything. After Lubomir, of course.

[/html]
[html]

I looove your new Mew av!

If my silence made you leave,
then that would be my worst mistake.

Geneva had never heard of Firefly. It seemed as though the Sadira bloodline dominated this region of Nova Scotia. Upon her arrival in Nova Scotia, she had joined the Crimson Dreams pack. Naniko D'Angelo, the white woman who had been her leader, had claimed ties to DaVinci through adoption. And Geneva knew for a fact that Savina's mate and her former pack mate, Kansas, had blood ties to Mew. The green eyed wolfess finally made a connection to Mew's last name and she smiled slightly as she shook her head.

"I have never met or heard of a Firefly, but I know that DaVinci had a lot of family," the woman said. In fact, DaVinci's mother, the late Iskata, had also had a daughter, Zana. The girl had gone adrift and it seemed to be a Sadira trait. DaVinci too had left, and Geneva's smile wilted around the edges as she shared that news. "DaVinci has departed. I do not know his whereabouts, but I hope he is happy."

The gray woman added more. "But his son, Ty, still resides within the Valley. I also know another Sadira, Kansas. He's a member of Crimson Dreams. He is my friend's mate, and they had children a few months back." It did not seem like a bad idea to share this news with Mew. She seemed to be a pleasant, gentle soul and Geneva knew that Crimson Dreams was well protected and was a largely neutral group.

[/html]
[html]

Me too! It's so purrfict<3 Sace = win. Sorry for this utterly crappy post :/ (migraine and boredom = terrible attention span)
Word Count: 382

........Perhaps she'd missed the fact that DaVinci had left Phoenix Valley, but at least she'd known something. You could say many things about Mew Sadira, but she knew the names of her bloodline. She took great pride in it, too, even if she didn't know any of them. This DaVinci person, she didn't know who he was or what he had done in his life, but seeing as Geneva made a face that could resemble disappointment, she assumed he had to have had some impact on his surroundings. Most Sadira's did. Little did Mew know that her half-brother, Jefferson, was also of her bloodline. There were some family secrets that had escaped her searching spotlight, particularly secrets about her own mother. Then again, she never could decide on whether she liked her mother or not, never having known her, so it was all the same to her.

........ Geneva mentioned another name, Ty, but she did not recognize it. Her knowledge was far from updated when it came to young ones (and boy would she be surprised if she ever found out how many nieces and nephews she had), and since she hadn't traveled.. well anywhere, in the past half year, she knew little. She'd known little about the young in the first place, and it was needless to say she was surprised at these news. She'd not known DaVinci had a mate. But then, a third name crossed the other femme's lips, and this one Mew knew - wholly thanks to her cousin Firefly. Kansas was her brother, and uncle to Emwe and Conor. Though, it was news to her that he had children. How lively the Sadira line was, sprouting children in every direction. She could only hope she would be allowed to contribute one day.

........Ah, I've heard of Kansas. My brother's children with Firefly - he's their uncle, though I don't believe they've met him. He's fortunate to be blessed with a litter. Out of curiosity - who is the litter's mother?

........ The smile she carried was genuine, although she could not help but feel a little sting in her heart. She'd give anything to get a second chance, but she doubted the opportunity would ever come.

[/html]
[html]

It isn't half as bad as my exhaustion post. I can't sleep, but I am floating out of my body! lol

It seemed that Mew Sadira could claim blood ties to many creatures within Nova Scotia. The bloodline seemed to be far spread. Geneva was surprised that she knew or knew of so many of those in Mew's extended family. Although she was no longer reclusive as she had been upon her arrival in Nova Scotia, she was far from being a social butterfly. She limited most of her interactions to her pack mates. And while she did know quite a few wolves from Crimson Dreams, it was only because she had once been part of that pack.

"Her name is Savina," Geneva said with a fond smile. The ebony colored woman with jewel toned eyes had been so kind to her. Geneva did not know if Mew would know of Savina, but the woman was definitely a gem. She was very responsible and she was a notable part of Crimson Dreams, as she held a leadership position. "She leads Crimson Dreams, in part," Geneva told Mew. She was not certain about the specifics of the power structure in Crimson Dreams right now, but she was certain that Anu and Savina were sharing the duties and burdens that came with leading a pack.

Geneva noticed that Mew's smile, though genuine, seemed frail around the edges. The gray woman continued to speak, hoping to lift her spirits. "I am sure that if you visited Crimson Dreams, Kansas and Savina would meet with you. They would probably love to talk to you, to get to know you. They are two of the kindest souls I have encountered here. I used to be part of their pack."

[/html]
[html]

SO sorry for the wait Sad(

........She nodded as the other spoke, although she had not heard of this Savina before. She didn't know anyone and had hardly heard names outside her blood line. In time she would likely have picked up the name since she'd included herself in the Sadira bloodline (and Mew had made a hobby out of knowing every name in it), but the litter was probably too fresh. And, she was too uninterested. There were times when she craved new knowledge, and times when she ignored everything - and lately, she'd not done anything to learn new things. Finding a need to respond somehow, Mew uttered a insignificant sentence, simply taking part in the act of conversation. It was nothing more than a sideline sound to show the female that she was paying attention.

........I see.

........Geneva continued to speak, and while her heart was heavy on her chest, she maintained her stance and smile. Actually, that smile broadened now, turning into a more excited-looking grin. Though, she was surprised that anyone on Firefly's page of the family was considered 'kind', she said nothing of that. It could very well be true - just look at Cercelee and Slay!

........You know, I might do that. I know the names of most of my family members, and sometimes a little more - but I rarely know the person below that superficial layer. He's my cousin, after all, Kansas.

[/html]
[html]

Life happens! End here? Smile

Mew seemed to be withdrawing, but that did not bother Geneva. She did not find it rude or unexpected. The woman believed that the Dahlian wolfess might be an introspective creature, much like herself. Given the chance, Geneva could chew over a single idea for days. It seemed as though Mew cared very deeply for her family, or at least cared enough to learn about them. Perhaps she would go see Kansas and Savina, and soon.

Geneva had not seen either of the Crimson Dreamers in many months. Her last encounter at her old pack, with Anu, had left a bad taste in her mouth. She did not harbor any bitterness toward Anu, but she would think twice about returning to Crimson Dreams again. Savina had issued her an open-ended invitation to return whenever she wanted to, and the woman did want to visit soon, if only to see how their litter had faired.

Geneva spoke again. "If I am in the area, I will tell that you might come." It would not create the need for Mew to go, but at least Crimson Dreamers would know who was coming if the woman decided to go. "And on that note, I think I should return to my pack. Thank you for taking the time to talk with me."

[/html]
[html]

Ok. I'll ask for it to be archived :] Thanks for the thread!

........Mew nodded to the other's words. Maybe she would go there, and maybe she would come to Phoenix Valley and seek out Geneva, too. She seemed to be kind, and this meeting had proven to be pleasurable, even if she had been skeptical at first. As Geneva announced that she intended to leave now, Mew's maw changed into yet another smile, a mixture of politeness and sincere

........I enjoyed our talk. Perhaps I will come to visit your pack, Geneva.

................Turning around, Mew Sadira went back to where she came from.

[/html]