Here I am
Word Count: 392

[html]

Her footsteps were not light and cautious as they should have been, but heavy and laden with her mood. Silence haunted her but her movement did not mirror this, moving rapidly through the lands of the tribe. If she ran into someone it would mean getting caught for trespassing, but this did not worry her at all. In fact, such trivialities no longer bothered her mind, as it was preoccupied with the details of her litter and impending death. She was following her aunt's scents into these lands, but she would only go so far. She was not able to break her own rules of politeness that heavily yet, and would not go into their living areas. Now, she sat inside the lands, but still close to their border. If someone else came, hopefully it would be a good enough excuse that she was unfamiliar with the lands.

Her voice rang in the heavy air, slicing through clouds and promises of rain. It was soft, but still it cut through the silent atmosphere, thick with concern and a single goal; Hanna. Mew's dark aunt had once before saved her life, but this time it would not be an emergency. Or, at least not an unexpected emergency. Now, Mew knew the dangers, and as she sat there and waited the pains proved it to her all too well. She would die, probably, but she would fight for her life like she had done before. But this time, Mew would be in control, and there would be no need for anyone to be called in to risk their lives for her safety. This time, it was all a plan, and hopefully it would end well. Almost absent from her mind was the thought of Lubomir, pushed out by force, yet his scent still clung to her furs in a vague manner. A short week after his leave and he had not returned, not even for short periods in the night - she knew what it meant. Her heart shook as her conscious mind flew past that subject. She attempted to focus on something else, but soon enough there were tears pearling on her eyelashes and face. She could stop them as well as she could stop the stars from shining; she could not run from it. And she would not try to do so.

[/html]
[html]

Let me know if Mew's pregnancy shouldn't yet be obvious, even from a short distance.
Word Count: 304. Worth 2 points.

Hanna was out riding Galilahi when the call came up for her. She was slightly confused, because there were very few people she knew of who knew where she was living, and fewer still that would come visit, as far as she knew. Mew and Lubomir and possibly Cercelee from Dahlia de Mai, and Vigilante from the Cour des Miracles pack. Lubomir and Cercelee seemed more likely to appear on business than for personal reasons, so that left Vigilante and Mew that might come to see Hanna, specifically.

Still perplexed, Hanna turned the mare with the pressure of her calves and kicked her firmly, moving her into a canter. It wasn't but a moment before her confusion turned to concern. It was Mew who was sitting just within the borders, looking a mixture of worry and sadness. A moment more and Hanna could tell why her neice might be worried. The white woman was expecting again. Given what had happened the first time Mew had had pups, Hanna did not think her anxiety was unfounded, though it wasn't necessarily healthy for the babies.

Hanna shifted her weight backward slightly, and with a gentle tug on Gali's mane, reined the mare in to stop some few yards away from Mew. She patted the four year old's neck as she slid to the ground and turned to Mew. Her walk was a little tentative as she strode to the woman, observing her. She didn't seem injured, so that was a relief to the medic, but still Hanna's ears were laid back with unease.

She was chary of saying the wrong thing to Mew, especially after seeing that there were tears on her face. So she said not a word, but only knelt next to her, wrapping her arms around her and enveloping her in a hug.

[/html]
Yeah, she'd be able to see it. Word Count: 392

[html]

Her aunt emerged in the distance, a blurred image of a dark form on top of a horse. Mew had seen horses before, but hadn't known her aunt knew how to ride one. Then again, her aunt knew all sorts of things. Surprises never ceased to come from that end of her family tree. As the image of Hanna grew larger, Mew expected words to come from her, but none came. The dark femme's form swung down from upon the horse, and soon she was right by her, embracing her. The tears that laid as pearls on her face now traveled from her own light fur to Hanna's dark shoulder as she pressed her face towards it, returning the gesture. Now, the trickle flowed freely, and one small sob escaped her throat at the kindness she was given. Not moving, Mew stayed in the position, enjoying the warmth of a friendly body and the scents of a friend.

Moments passed and finally Mew pulled herself from the embrace, needing to clear her mind. She did not enjoy crying, and she hated it when others saw her cry. But, her need was great, and even if she hadn't cried now she surely would have when explaining the situation to her aunt. Rapidly moving her head she attempted to shake the tears from her face - sincerely, she missed having hands. Smiling, embarrassed, to her aunt, her emerald eyes rested on the ground for some moments before her voice was found again and she could speak. Her voice was quiet and her smile was wry as she spoke. "So, I guess it's obvious what I'm here for, auntie."

[/html]
[html]

Whee! OK, so I'm gonna ask here so I remember to. Is it okay if in further threads I mention something along the lines of Mew resting or something? 'cause that would be the orders from the dr., lol, bed rest and not worrying.
Word Count: 356. Worth 2 points.

Hanna's hands assumed a stroking motion at Mew's sob, trying to impart some amount of reassurance and care for the ashen femme. They remained that way for a short bit, till Mew pulled back and shook herself, sending dewdrop tears flying from her face. Hanna raised her hands and cupped her niece's cheeks briefly, her thumbs gently erasing the rivulets of tears that had made tracks on her snowy face.

Mew's brilliant green gaze studied the grass at their feet for several moments, though Hanna didn't know precisely why. Perhaps the young woman was collecting her thoughts, perhaps she was embarrassed at the display of affection, but something was certainly on her mind. Hanna remained quiet, though, knowing that if she bugged Mew before she was ready to speak that it could possibly make it harder for her niece to ask or tell Hanna what it was that she'd traveled to AniWaya to speak to her about. So she waited patiently.

At length, Mew spoke, quietly and with an almost sad quality to her voice. One thing Hanna was not good at was determining certain emotions in peoples' voices, and so she was not positive that was the correct assumption, but she knew something was going on, something that was bringing Mew's emotions down. As a medic, Hanna knew that pregnancy was an emotional rollercoaster, though she hadn't experienced that joy herself, but she worried that this sadness would cause problems.

Hanna chuckled, short and under her breath, considering whether to joke or to remain somber. She decided that levity might be a good thing; perhaps it would alieve some of Mew's worries, if only temporarily, but she might ought to start out light. "Well, darling, I'm certainly pleased you chose to come and tell me you were expecting. I guess I'm not completely sure, if there's another reason you've come, though." There was a half-smile on her ebony lips, the right side of her cheek drawn upwards with her grin. Then she dropped it, realising it wasn't that funny, anyway. "Okay, so I could guess. You're worried something's going to go wrong, am I right?"

[/html]
Yeah, that's fine :] Word Count: 312

[html]

Hanna chuckled, but the wry smile on Mew's lips disappeared, and she stared blankly into the face of her relative. Not offended - she didn't react to the chuckle at all. Mew simply was at a loss, shaken in so many ways from the reality she knew. Her mind could not digest her situation, and her emotions were raw and blunt, numbing the rest of her. Her green eyes were not vacant, but still emotionless in a strange way. When her aunt's voice spoke, Mew nodded. Yes, it was all true. She was expecting, and she had come here for another reason. But her face did not change. There was a pause in sound between them, and when it was broken Mew felt her eyelashes quiver, her lower lip muscles displaying a life of their own. Cover claimed her emerald orbs and she closed her eyes, collecting herself a moment. It seemed to her that every word uttered regarding the case was proof that it existed, and Mew would rather it had not. Had she not been able to carry children, Lubomir would still be with her, and she would not worry for her life on her own.

Light reached her as she opened her eyes again, only moments after closing them. But, the pause had proved worth her time, and her voice was steady, if quiet, as she responded to her aunt's question. She had already answered it herself, though, so she simply added information. She would understand; her aunt was a smart woman, which was part of why Mew sat exactly here in AniWaya today. "I would not worry had it not been for the pains." She paused and her eyes glanced at the ground again as she looked for the right words. When they rose again, they had another dose of recovered despair. "It is different this time, Hanna."

[/html]
[html]

This kinda sucks. x.x
Word Count: 182. Worth 0 points.

Hanna had guessed correctly, as evidenced by the nod of Mew's snowy head, and yet the woman before her seemed almost more upset than prior to Hanna's failed attempt at a joke. Her green eyes stared off into nothingness and then closed as she composed herself once more. Again the medic waited, wondering what could be so bad and cause so much sorrow.

Again in a quiet voice, Mew explained that she had been having pains. That was some cause for concern, but Hanna did not interrupt. The emerald eyes fell and rose again and Mew went on, saying that it was 'different' from last time. Hanna's brow furrowed; there were several things that were different. Mew was another year older, she had not been in a fight (so far as Hanna could see), she had a mate... But none of these seemed at face value to be a reason for Mew to be feeling any kind of pain.

"Different?" she prompted after a moment. Perhaps there was something Hanna did not know about that was causing the problems Mew was experiencing.

[/html]
There is no excuse for letting you wait this long. I am MADE of fail lately Sad
Word Count: --

[html]

Again, her eyes closed to prevent pearls from forming on her cheeks, and nodded. She wanted to say 'yes, different'. She wanted to say nothing at all, because every time she did try to explain, she started crying instead. She'd tried to practice the words, but her mind was tired from everything and everyone. She didn't want to sleep, eat - but she did want to live. And she would not live long, she was certain. Finding her voice again, she could open those emerald eyes and look at her aunt, if briefly. "Something is wrong. I can feel it." Pausing, her gaze shifted to focus on the ground in front of her paws - now it was harder to keep her eyes from flooding. She had to remember, every day - especially now - what had happened some one and a half year ago. She had to remember because it was important to her, but she did not want to remember. She would have it undone if she could "I think perhaps I broke. I tried to get a litter ever since.." She swallowed, and continued. ".. since Lubomir came back. But now that I am carrying, there are pains alongside them. I do not believe they should be there."

Her eyes closed again as she composed herself, and when they opened they did not focus on the dark female in front of them. They gazed out to the horizon, staring blindly at anything. Deliberately not looking at her aunt. She could not look at anything with significance, lest she lose herself completely to the sorrow that she felt. It was embarrassing enough to cry, but she did not want to collapse.

[/html]