'Souls RPG

Full Version: Puppy Procedures Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I'm still not all the way solid on how requesting for puppies works, so I'm just wondering if what I got from the procedures page is right.

So like, if someone wanted to request puppies, they would set up when they wanted the puppies to be born and then request four weeks before that date? (which is halfway through the pregnancy). Also, would they not roleplay the character as pregnant for the first half of the pregnancy until they got approved for points?

Umm... not a good description of question.

If someone wanted their character to have puppies on April 2nd, for example, they would request around March 5th (RIGHT?) and then from February 5th up to March 5th (which would be the first half of the pregnancy) they wouldn't role-play the character as pregnant (or would they not roleplay anything that happened during that time frame at all?) until they got approved? And then if they get approved, they can roleplay things that happened during that time frame but the threads would be backdated?

Sorry, I am uber lost :'C And this question probably makes no sense (that is how lost I am)
Hello!

So, according to my memory - they have recently changed the puppy procedure thing to a more solid procedure where it involves your requested for pups like 2 weeks before your character's intended pregnancy date.

It does extend to you being able to request up until 4 weeks before their expected due date, but that's messy in my opinion (just in case you get rejected, etc.)

some info here.
Yeh, I understood the procedures pretty well before they changed them, but I'm still uber confused about the new ones >.> I will read through the procedures again though, in case I missed something. merp.
Well its basically that they gave you the option to request before ur character actually gets pregnant, rather than right before they give birth - so you don't have to awkwardly backdate/forward-date stuff or murder puppies in case you get rejected (my take on it).
What is confusing to me personally is the way that it is post wise.

For example, Let's use Cotl and Lorelei.
Cotl and Lorelei conceive on March 10th. They would be due on May 5th according to the old rules. You would request about April 20th, and be denied or approved in that time based on your posts DURING the March 10th - April 20th.

With the new rules you would request your puppies on March 9th, to be born on may 5th, but they are conceived on the 10th. you will be approved or denied based on your posting BEFORE March 9th.

^ this second example is how i understand it, and that's what's confusing to me. To me, this gives you less time to get your shit together to actually post for the two months it takes for gestation period.
Unless I'm still just not getting it?
The average wolf pregnancy is 2 months; as such, you wouldn't really need to back-date any threads relating to the pregnancy, because typical signs wouldn't show until a month in, i guess. You can always back-date a conception thread, but that's it really?

Your counts would be judged on the weeks prior to the request; you request 4 weeks before the prior date of birth. So if you wanted pups born 26th March, you would of needed to apply for the pups on the 26th February and your posts during most of Feb are what would be looked at for the request. If you get rejected, you can then push the date of birth back 2 weeks and re-request, because the signs of pregnancy haven't started showing, you can change the date of birth which makes things less messy and more realistic.

/feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though guys!
Hahaha, this stuff all sounds way more complicated than it is when people try to explain it... <_< Let's avoid referencing back to the old procedures as they no longer apply, and a lot of people never requested puppies under the old procedures, so then it's just doubly confusing.

Kite, you are essentially correct in your interpretation of how things work.

Quote:If someone wanted their character to have puppies on April 2nd, for example, they would request around March 5th (RIGHT?)

Correct.

Quote:and then from February 5th up to March 5th (which would be the first half of the pregnancy) they wouldn't role-play the character as pregnant (or would they not roleplay anything that happened during that time frame at all?) until they got approved?

Also correct, though as Kitty mentioned, a mother may not notice that she is pregnant for a while anyway.

Quote:And then if they get approved, they can roleplay things that happened during that time frame but the threads would be backdated?

Yup.

--

J Wrote:with the new rules you would request your puppies on March 9th, to be born on may 5th, but they are conceived on the 10th. you will be approved or denied based on your posting BEFORE March 9th.

If your litter is to be born on May 5th, you'd request around April 7th (4 weeks before May 5th). The conception date would be around March 10th, as you said, which is 4 weeks before April 7th (request date) and 8 weeks before May 5th (desired birth date).

So,

March 10th - rough conception date
April 7th - request date
May 5th - desired birth date

We actually look back six weeks for all requests, so the posts you make between February 24th - April 7th would be looked at for your request.

If the request is approved, your desired birth date is a go. If the request is denied, you will need to pick another birth date further out if you decide to request again later, and your conception date would also need to be adjusted accordingly.

Hope all that makes sense.
One minor thing that is bugging me, gestation can last up to 63 days do it is not always an even two months. Again, it is really minor but I've always done 63 days gestation periods.
Kiri - thank you! That makes so much sense :o

And thanks to Kitty for pointing that out too <3
Thanks Kiri! Makes a lot more sense now :3
Thanks Kiri, that makes perfect sense over what I've been understanding before.
Ombre Wrote:One minor thing that is bugging me, gestation can last up to 63 days do it is not always an even two months. Again, it is really minor but I've always done 63 days gestation periods.

This is true and the reason we're pretty lenient about birth and conception dates, especially as we don't require that either of these things are roleplayed out.