'Souls RPG

Full Version: Height/weight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lila was malnourished before she came into Chloe's care. I've got a preliminary appearance set, but I want to make sure I'm not starving the poor girl. Would anyone be willing to give suggestions? She's half wolf and half border collie, so I'm wanting the height to come from her wolf side and her weight, more or less, to come from her dog side. When I averaged out the height and weight of a border collie and a wolf, I came up with 52.5-63 lbs, 22.5-27.5 in (using the RP guide's info for a normal sized wolf) OR 24.5-27.5 in using Wikipedia's. If I go back and use the RP guide's info for a normal weight for a wolf, I get a range of 48.5-65.5 lbs.

Here's what I have so far:
Lupus
50 lbs (22.7 kg)
25 in (63.5 cm)

Secui
100 lbs (45.4 kg)
34 in (86.4 cm)

Optime
120 lbs (54.4 kg)
64 in (5'4", 162.6 cm)
Hey, sorry you never got a response to this! :o

I think it's pretty tricky/weird trying to have the height of one species and the weight of another... height and weight typically correspond to some degree and wolves and collies have pretty different builds. Meeting in the middle in terms of both height and weight would make the most sense to me. Wolves are larger and denser in muscle mass than collies, so it may be useful to look up a dog breed that has a similar build to what your wolf/collie mix may end up as. A shepherd might fit the bill on that?

All that said, your numbers mostly look okay to me -- somewhat underweight in all forms, but too malnourished or anything. I think a wolf's denser/heavier build would show up strongly in a hybrid, so following the Wolf size chart on the RP Guide is probably better.