'Souls RPG

Full Version: Quick Poll: Subscribe or Bookmark?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi 'Souls! We're hoping to grab some quick feedback here. Do you use the Subscription feature, the Bookmarks feature, both, or neither?
I pretty much rely on the subscription function to keep track of threads lol.
I use View Your Posts. It's not the most reliable as IC threads blend in with dozens more OOC threads, so I miss replies sometimes.

I only subscribe to important OOC threads and never noticed the Bookmarks feature. :I
I'm lame and like my instant email notifications xD I do use View Your Posts sometimes but when I'm out I like just being able to check my email to see if there's anything new specifically for me on 'Souls ^^
I have a bookmark folder with each character that has their own folder with the links to their individual threads (in date order) in them. :3
I use the wiki/post logs myself, because i always forget about the bookmark/subscription features xD
Definitely find myself using 'Subscribe' more and more for threads that are outside of my character's pack territories.

Other than that I use the 'View Your Posts' function to keep track of dates-- so I can reply to my threads in order.

Bookmark, I can say I've never used. I typically only bookmark pages that have either recipes or important articles I know I'm going to visit again.
I just use my post log, open all threads and see which ones it's my turn to reply to... I forget about the Subscribe feature, heh. >_>
Zalen Damaichu Wrote:I have a bookmark folder with each character that has their own folder with the links to their individual threads (in date order) in them. :3

Aaahhh -- are you talking about browser bookmarks? Because the poll is for the bookmarks feature on the board -- this stuff! I definitely should have made that clearer to start the poll off. \:

Unless there is a way to add board bookmark folders and Nat is just awesome and figured that out? O_O
I am a subscribing whore. All my replies line up neatly in my email in box. It gives me dates and times so I can reply promptly. I have too many threads to do it any other way.
I use the View my Posts button, as well as a google doc to keep track of what replies I need to make. I find that way easy enough because I check to see if there have been replies just about every day :)
Wow you're organized! I tried subscribing but it goes to the email that I never check, so it's easier for me to just go through each forum and look for my threads. At least until I found out you could do the "view your posts" thing, hahaha.
San you can check those subscriptions if you go to user control panel -> subscriptions; it'll just lay 'em all out for you.

I use the subscriptions one, simply because it's easiest for me to do it this way. Thanks to the view your posts, I use that to update the wiki post logs of my current characters every month or two since it's the easiest way to order via topic start. TBH I miss the old board's subscription, idk why, I don't really remember /why/ i had liked that one better but -shrug- xD I still miss this way because I sometimes herp and don't subscribe. i used to use the thread log post but that is pretty much exclusively when i had 10x more concentration than I do now.
I keep my thread log super organized so I just use that. :3
Since I don't really get emails from any other site I just use the subscription feature and keep all the emails in my inbox and delete them when I finish replying. It's kind of messy but it works! xD
I suscribe to OOC threads or improtant threads. Other than that I use view posts.
I voted neither, but I am going to try out this Bookmarks thing. :D