'Souls RPG

Full Version: Possible Lasky Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I hope I'm putting this in the right place. It was an idea I had once I came up with Brennan's history.

I was wondering since Lasky does not count towards your number of posts, would it be possible for me to do sort of a journal of a day-by-day of her journey until she reached 'Souls, where she is now? I would make it a Read Only thread, but the rules state you cannot reply to those. Is that an all-encompassing rule? Because, if possible, what I would prefer to do would be to do a post for each day. If not though, I completely understand. ^~^ Thanks for the consideration!
Here's a previous answer on the tumblr that talks about self-threads between one player's two characters:
Quote:We prefer for threads beteween two characters to be a single post in a read only thread. In most instances, the individual posts will be below 200 words, which is our preferred word count and it would be seen more as an inflation of post counts and could be posted as a single read-only.

If a player is writing longer posts, perhaps over the course of a few weeks like a normal thread between two players and their two characters, it would be a different story — this could be seen as an acceptable thread between two characters.
I think that, since the primary concern with this is the inflation of post counts, (which LASKY doesn't have), and you'd be posting over the course of several days/weeks, this would be fine. :) However, I'm not 100% sure on that - you might want to wait for 'SA opinion on this!
TBH, I do recall having enforced the one-post-per RO rule in LASKY... the thinking is, even if post counts aren't actually affected when you post in LASKY, they still are roleplaying threads. Aside from wacky content, roleplay threads should generally fall in line with the rules elsewhere. This is especially the case, I think, if you are planning a canon thread -- but it would also apply to other LASKY content.

IMO -- as a solo 'SA speaking without the opinion of the rest of the 'SA -- the best thing to do in this instance would be to post it as one post, and separate your different days with headers/borders/something. I can double-check with the rest of the 'SA if you'd like, but I'm pretty sure on this because I do recall having enforced single-post read-only rules in LASKY before. ^^;

It doesn't really count as a self-thread, unfortunately, unless it's active roleplay between two characters... you could, however, post as a companion traveling with her, if Brennan had a companion?
Quote:IMO -- as a solo 'SA speaking without the opinion of the rest of the 'SA -- the best thing to do in this instance would be to post it as one post, and separate your different days with headers/borders/something.

That would be my suggestion as well. :3