[P] Drive It Like You Stole It
[html]
OOC:// Takes place in Fundy National Park. I am SUPER sorry for taking so long with this. And also, hopefully the ending of this isn't PPing...or at least not too much of it. X3

The solitary life of a loner could be hard, but in Adari's mind, it was still a good life. No one to give your loyalties to, nobody to pin you down with rules, no real responsibilities towards anyone; just yourself. It was a life that she had known since birth and she'd grown used to it. Since her arrival in the new lands, the orange wolfess' journey and time spent had been quite uneventful. She traveled on horse back by day, set up temporary camp by night and slowly made her way further into the unknown, snow blanketed world ahead. She could smell the presence of established packs and picked up the occasional trail of wanderers, but she had yet to come across any of the seemingly elusive canines. Not that this really bothered the woman, she wasn't the most social of types, but she still found it a bit odd.

Riding high on Vespasian's back, belongings securely tied down to the saddle and reins held lose in paw, Adari directed her mount cautiously through the freshly fallen snow. Each hoof step the Gypsy stallion made caused a soft crunching sound to rise into the mostly silent landscape. The sky was clear and sunny though the warmth from its rays barely did anything to thaw the crisp morning air. Soaring overhead, a silent predator, Qeyta the Peregrine falcon used her keen sight to help spot any potential upcoming hazards in the way of her companion below. Whenever an icy lake came into her sight, a shrill cry would alert Adari that she needed to change her course. With his breath forming in a cloud before his large muzzle, Vespasian plodded on through the drifts that if on foot would likely reach up to his rider's shins. Adari's bi-colored eyes surveyed the path ahead from under the hood of a heavy fur cloak. The biting cold was no match against the thick pelt and so she remained quite cozy while others less fortunate that her would likely be freezing their tail off.

As the morning drew on, Adari's mind began to turn towards the cautious. The scent of a pack was stronger in her senses now. She knew she was fairly close to it's borders. Not having any interest in getting into a scrap with some uppity patrol, Adari steered her horse away from the growing scent and instead traveled along parallel to the territory.With her expression hard, the woman gave a soft sigh, an ear twitching as a stick snapped annoyingly loudly under Vespasian's heavy hoof. The Blaise wolf was completely content to remain unnoticed as she was by others in the area, but it seemed the anonymity wouldn't last. As a mere dot in the sky Qeyta continued to patrol the ground for her companion. Shielding her eyes against the glare of the sun, Adari's gaze rose to spot the bird as a single shrill call echoed through the trees, reaching her ears. 'Wolf ahead. Be careful.' The falcon warned and Adari pulled her stallion to a stop, listening and watching for signs of life in the leafless trees ahead of her. Slowly the fiery woman's paw slid down to the belt around her waist which held her various weaponry and other small supplies. It never hurt to be prepared. She felt the cold pommel of one of her knives and closed her fingers gently around it.

She very well could reel Vespasian around and take off without having to exchange a word with anyone, but the woman knew better than that. Such fleeing would not only make her look cowardly, but also rather suspicious. She really didn't need to gain a negative reputation around these parts. At least not until she wanted her name to truly be known. With her nose quivering, eyes narrowed, Adari waited in utter silence for the female she detected to show herself. Very aware that she was close to a foreign pack Adari kept in mind that she'd need to tread carefully with the stranger should they happen to be a part of said establishment. Vespasian's head suddenly turned in a specific direction and his ears perked up alertly. He gave a soft snort and shook out his mane. Adari's sharp gaze instantly snapped to the indicated direction where she could now just hear the softest of crunching certainly coming from the paws of the approaching stranger. Not being one to call out and reveal herself to everyone for miles around, Adari simply waited patiently for her new found company to make themselves known in the open.
coding and image by westy
[/html]
[html]

470 That actually would be powerplay, but in this particular instance I do not mind. Just be careful in the future. ;) Also I was wondering if you could not change the text color on your table? That orange is really hard to see on this computer with my eyes. ;_;

From Wikipedia Commons!

Shiloh was no Vald, but she had often served as a scout when she was a member of Dahlia de Mai. Back when she was a girl scouting had served little purpose other than an easy way to contribute, but she explored the perimeter of the pack now for more serious reasons. She would no longer be here in a few days, and she wanted to check the borders to make sure no one threatening was lingering nearby.

The white she-wolf walked softly as she could at the edges of the territory where the forest spilled over into the remnants of a national park. It wasn’t as quietly as she would have wished, however, as snow finally blanketed the land and made each step crunch. She could only hope that any enemies would have the same sound betray their own approach. Still, she was unreasonably paranoid, and strained her ears as she patrolled, finally stepping out into the neutral territory, keeping a firm grip on her fighting staff and a keen eye on the surrounding lands.

A cold wind raked across the woodlands and stirred the branches overhead. Her heavy tan trench coat fluttered at the end from the wind, but Shiloh merely squinted and looked outward. There was a heavier stomping beyond, well into no-man’s land but still closer to Vinátta than she might have liked. Her lips drew back in a frown before she walked closer, deciding that she could dare to be bold. Axle and Grit often patrolled the borders too, and both were skilled at keeping away trespassers. She had an entire pack of her back, nearly forty strong, and enough skill wielding her staff that she had nothing to fear, not even from the neighboring pack.

There was the shriek of a bird of prey, and Shiloh flattened her ears, having a feeling that it didn’t belong to Saul’s feral gyrfalcon. She paused but noticed a figure beyond the treeline, vibrant ginger peeking from the hood of a cloak. It sat atop the back of a bay draft horse, which pricked its ears suddenly in Shiloh’s direction.

The woman sighed quietly, though she hadn’t really gone through any efforts to remain undetected. She stepped through the trees and came out into view, planting her staff against the ground and looking the stranger—a female loner, she smelled—over carefully.

Hello, the Dawnbringer woman greeted, and smiled as politely as she ever did, as if she wasn’t suspicious out of her mind. She was good at schooling her expression and posture to appear so, with only the firm stance beside her tightly-gripped weapon showing that she wasn’t completely throwing caution to the wind. Are you lost? You’re a little close to Vinátta pack territory. She offered this tidbit innocently, her eyes darting quickly over the other woman.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]<div class="shiSig">
<div class="title">issola strikes from <span class="cdm">courtly</span> bow</div>

<div class="bottom">
<div class="sigicons" id="signature-icons">
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Characters.ShilohDawnbringer" target="_blank" title="CHARACTER WIKI" class="character-wiki"></a>
<a href="http://imgur.com/a/uXdVe" target="_blank" title="CHARACTER GALLERY &amp; CREDITS" class="ic-gallery"></a>
<a href="#!" class="optime-preference" title="OPTIME unless otherwise stated."></a>
<a href="#!" class="apparel-accessories" title="Wears various dresses and a wooden cat pendant."></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=NPCs.Wilson" class="accompaniment" title="Sometimes accompanied by Wilson the white cat."></a>
<a href="#!" class="skill-social" title="Courtly and coolheaded diplomat."></a>
<a href="#!" class="skill-crafts" title="Tailor of dresses and other fine things."></a>
<a href="#!" class="skill-fighting" title="Deceptively wields a wooden staff."></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Players.Raze" target="_blank" title="PLAYER WIKI" class="player-wiki"></a>
<a href="ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=68" class="player-contact" title="CONTACT: PM Vesper"></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Players.RazeAdoptions" class="adoptables-available" title="ADOPTABLES available!"></a>
<a href="viewtopic.php?t=23974" title="POST LOG" class="post-log"></a>
<a href="#!" title="I prefer if you do NOT use graphical tables in our threads. Thanks!" class="no-tables"></a>
</div>

</div>
</div>

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/icons/signature-icons.css');
</style>
<style type="text/css">
#signature-icons a.permanent-disability { background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/XVMFfdB.png'); }
.shiSig {
width:530px;
margin:0px auto;
}
.shiSig .title {
text-align:center;
padding:0px 3px 3px 5px;
font-family:'Merriweather', serif;
font-size:11.5pt;
font-style:italic; letter-spacing:3px;
text-shadow:0px 0px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75);
}
.shiSig #signature-icon {margin:0px auto; text-align:center;}
.shiSig .sigicons {
line-height:1em;
padding:5px 0 0;
}
.shiSig .packicons {
padding:2px 0px 2px 0px;
}
.shiSig a {
-webkit-opacity: 0.25;
-moz-opacity: 0.25;
opacity: 0.25;
-webkit-transition: all .5s ease;
-moz-transition: all .5s ease;
-ms-transition: all .5s ease;
-o-transition: all .5s ease;
transition: all .5s ease;
}
.shiSig a:hover {
-webkit-opacity: 1;
-moz-opacity: 1;
opacity: 1;
}
</style>
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Merriweather:400,400italic' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
[/html]
[html]
OOC:// Oops, sorry. <_< Is this table better? And also my apologies for the long wait.

Adari was almost constantly paranoid or suspicious in one form or another. She was used to perpetually being on alert for threats and dangers. Her life had been full of too many betrayals, back stabbers, thieves and liars for her to easily let her guard down. In this case it was no different. In the painfully tense moments that preceded the stranger's arrival, Adari's senses remained highly trained on any and every sound. She could hear many things in her intense awareness. Her own heart beat, the heavy breaths of her horse, the light rustling of the trees in the wind, the soft approaching crunches of paws through snow... Bi-colored eyes flickered instantly towards the movement between the trees just as a tall female figure stepped out into view. The breeze ruffled her trenchcoat and carried her scent to the horse-backed woman. She was clearly from the nearby pack. Staying completely still both Adari and Vespasian simply regarded the stranger with passive interest. Adari had nothing worth saying to the wolfess, so she kept her mouth shut until addressed directly. The other femme quickly donned a smile and took a step closer speaking kindly. The orange loner merely shifted her grip on Vespasian's reins and on her hidden knife, not missing the staff clutched firmly in the other's paw. "Are you lost? You’re a little close to Vinátta pack territory."

Adari gave a slight shrug and smirked softly, flipping the hood of her cloak off of her head, revealing her scarred face in full. Nope. Not lost, just passing my way through." Adari responded simply. "I was under the impression I was in unclaimed lands however, my apologies if I guessed incorrectly." Her rough voice continued with slight amusement that slightly darkend the sincerity of her apology. Adari simply shifted her position upon the draft horse's back and dropped her paw away from the blade at her belt. She didn't think there was anything to fear from the other wolfess at this point. If she intended to attack her, she would have done so without asking questions first. Adopting a nonchalant attitude, Adari glanced around her at the snowy forests and then skyward as with a soft chittering Qeyta the Peregrine falcon dropped into sight from above and came to land on Adari's outstretched arm. Dipping her head and smiling at the other woman a little she stroked her feathered companion lightly. Her smile was an expression that looked almost unnatural on the fiery hued wolfess. She didn't smile often and even now the expression was fairly forced. It wasn't that she really cared about anything having to do with the other female, but Adari knew it best to act nicely around others rather than start shit where it wasn't needed. Simple pleasantries such as an introduction could do wonders. "I hope we haven't caused any trouble for you. ...The name's Adari, my horse here is Vespasian and this is Qeyta." She slightly lifted her arm referring to the falcon. Fixing her gaze back on her company, Adari gave a mild tilt of her head the smile replaced by a neutral frown. "What might I call you by?"

Her voice was casual as she spoke. She had to try really hard not to be sarcastic or snarky. Although she wanted nothing more than to get away from the pack's borders, dreading being discovered by more than just the woman before her, the loner remained patient. Perhaps she could learn a little about Vinatta from this encounter. Even though right now she had no intentions of joining up with a pack, it never hurt to keep her options open. Any knowledge was better than being in the dark.
coding and image by westy
[/html]
[html]

583 Yes it is, thanks! No worries about the wait or anything else. C:

From Wikipedia Commons!

The dark hood fell back, revealing a brightly colored face and two differently colored eyes -- the ruby one marred above and below by a crescent scar. Shiloh couldn't tell if that detracted from her appearance at all, though; she simply looked to interesting to be categorized as pretty or not. Her uniquely rich fur alone was shocking, though it wasn't hard for Shiloh to focus again on the situation at hand rather than the other's appearance.

The strange woman stated that she was just passing through, her tone flippant enough to tap at Shiloh's doubts, but there wasn't anything overtly cruel or threatening there. She seemed to be that careless type of loner, one that didn't quite care for pleasantries as Shiloh was forcing out, and the white wolf decided she couldn't blame here there. It wasn't her right to dictate how others behaved -- unless they were a threat. The other looked as prepared for danger as her, but she didn't think she was dangerous -- not yet, not this close to the borders. Only a suicidal loner would attack someone this close, when Shiloh had the call of several strong pack mates at her back. She only ignored her smart remark about her incorrect guess, not wanting to dwell on something that might result in an unwinnable argument. The other should have enough common sense to know if she'd crossed over a pack's borders.

If you're passing through, Shiloh said, you're better off heading up north. She'd abandoned any pretense of warmth in her speech, but her voice was still helpful, an honest suggestion with no malice behind it. My pack claims a large portion from the shore to the lake to the city on the isthmus, she explained, and another pack is rather...close on the other shore of the lake. There isn't quite a way to pass directly through unless you trespass, so the only opening is the mountains or the land just beyond it. She gestured north with the staff.

The fiery loner grew more pleasant with introductions, not before the falcon dropped out of the sky to perch on her arm. Shiloh had jolted as much as was normal at the appearance of the bird, but there was no malice in the way the loner stroked its feathers; she could have just as easily sent it at Shiloh's face if she meant trouble. The woman stated her name, Adari, before moving on to her animal companions, turning the question over to the Vinattan.

I'm Shiloh Dawnbringer, the Hollr replied. From there, she glanced over the other's horse -- a pretty horse, really -- and then back to her cloaked figure. Out of curiosity -- where do you come from, Adari, and where are you going? Knowing how paranoid she was feeling herself, she was quick to amend this question with a quick smile: I don't need an answer, so you don't have to tell me anything at all; I now it's probably personal. I see many wolves pass through the isthmus to get to Nova Scotia, but I don't often get to meet them. Her smile grew slightly, and she knew she was being somewhat obnoxious with this request for information. It was intrusive and unneeded, but at best Shiloh might be able to provide Adari with some more advice -- or at least get her to stand here uncomfortably long enough to make the loner eager to go, so she could be out of Shiloh and Vinatta's hair.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]<div class="shiSig">
<div class="title">issola strikes from <span class="cdm">courtly</span> bow</div>

<div class="bottom">
<div class="sigicons" id="signature-icons">
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Characters.ShilohDawnbringer" target="_blank" title="CHARACTER WIKI" class="character-wiki"></a>
<a href="http://imgur.com/a/uXdVe" target="_blank" title="CHARACTER GALLERY &amp; CREDITS" class="ic-gallery"></a>
<a href="#!" class="optime-preference" title="OPTIME unless otherwise stated."></a>
<a href="#!" class="apparel-accessories" title="Wears various dresses and a wooden cat pendant."></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=NPCs.Wilson" class="accompaniment" title="Sometimes accompanied by Wilson the white cat."></a>
<a href="#!" class="skill-social" title="Courtly and coolheaded diplomat."></a>
<a href="#!" class="skill-crafts" title="Tailor of dresses and other fine things."></a>
<a href="#!" class="skill-fighting" title="Deceptively wields a wooden staff."></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Players.Raze" target="_blank" title="PLAYER WIKI" class="player-wiki"></a>
<a href="ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=68" class="player-contact" title="CONTACT: PM Vesper"></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Players.RazeAdoptions" class="adoptables-available" title="ADOPTABLES available!"></a>
<a href="viewtopic.php?t=23974" title="POST LOG" class="post-log"></a>
<a href="#!" title="I prefer if you do NOT use graphical tables in our threads. Thanks!" class="no-tables"></a>
</div>

</div>
</div>

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/icons/signature-icons.css');
</style>
<style type="text/css">
#signature-icons a.permanent-disability { background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/XVMFfdB.png'); }
.shiSig {
width:530px;
}
.shiSig .title {
padding:0px 3px 3px 5px;
font-family:'Merriweather', serif;
font-size:11.5pt;
font-style:italic; letter-spacing:3px;
text-shadow:0px 0px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75);
}
.shiSig #signature-icon {margin:0px auto; text-align:center;}
.shiSig .sigicons {
padding:5px 0 0;
}
.shiSig .packicons {
padding:2px 0px 2px 0px;
}
.shiSig a {
-webkit-opacity: 0.25;
-moz-opacity: 0.25;
opacity: 0.25;
-webkit-transition: all .5s ease;
-moz-transition: all .5s ease;
-ms-transition: all .5s ease;
-o-transition: all .5s ease;
transition: all .5s ease;
}
.shiSig a:hover {
-webkit-opacity: 1;
-moz-opacity: 1;
opacity: 1;
}
</style>
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Merriweather:400,400italic' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
[/html]
[html]

Ooc// Gawd, again, horrendous wait, sorry! DX I'm kinda hurrying this up (even though this post is huge XD) cause it's been some time since this thread actually takes place. Wanna keep things moving lol. I am still debating on whether or not to have her join up with VN later on. ^^ This was a good first thread for her, gives her a positive outlook on the pack. ;D Also, looking forward to getting into the thread with Kenna, Lowry and Wayne soon! <3 And dear me, I talk too much. ._. Word Count → 1321

Adari had never thought herself all that 'beautiful'. She thought she was a bit to masculine for such a word, but if someone were to have given the compliment, the orange hued female probably would be quite flattered. As she revealed her scarred face, Adari didn't miss the once over the pale woman in front of her gave her. The loner wasn't used to anyone taking any time to try be more than just an acquaintance with her. She knew she was a bitch to get along with, she didn't try to hide it, but sometimes, secretly she wished for someone to help break her down and help reveal her softer side. Yes, she did possess a kinder side, but it was deeply buried under years of pain, suffering and distrust. It would be an effort for someone to get through all her baggage and reveal the heart beneath it all that was essentially nothing but good. Adari did the things she did because she fully believed they were right or in order to protect herself. Despite her flippant attitude, the woman did give a shit about others, especially if they were in any kind of trouble. She was the kind of wolf who would make a very good bounty hunter. She would rush to the aid of anyone in need, protect them. She wasn't afraid to kill for the good of others (or herself). She stood for justice if nothing else.

"If you're passing through, you're better off heading up north." The other woman informed her and Adari's ears flicked lightly as she listened patiently. "My pack claims a large portion from the shore to the lake to the city on the isthmus, and another pack is rather...close on the other shore of the lake." Adari's nose quivered at the scent of the pack close by and she nodded shortly, catching the hint in the other's voice. It wasn't necessarily a threat, but it was a subtle way of telling the loner she should move on if she had no business in the area. "There isn't quite a way to pass directly through unless you trespass, so the only opening is the mountains or the land just beyond it." Adari readjusted her cloak around her with a small shiver from the cool air. If there was anything she could be grateful for of the woman, it was for the information. It never hurt to know your surroundings and the little insight she'd given just then was welcome to the loner. If your worried about me trespassing, you haven't need of it. She said simply but seriously. I'm not interested in making any trouble for myself or others. As I said, I'm just making my way through the area. She glanced in the indicated direction from the other woman. Although, I don't think I'll be headed North just yet. I do have a bit of an interest in what lies farther down South in these lands. Adari admitted and shrugged, a wry smirk coming to her maw. But of course, these are words spoken by a loner, therefore you really have no reason to believe them.

Adari wasn't stupid, she knew that pack folk had their duties to protect their lands and their kin. She knew the chances of Shiloh trusting her words, even though truth they were, were slim. But even so, Adari meant what she said. She would just make her way deeper into the unclaimed lands, her wanderlust feeding her curiosity. She didn't know what she expected to find, but that was the fun in living life a day at a time. Every sunrise brought something new. A slight flicker of amusement crossed Adari's face as Qeyta's sudden appearance mildly startled her company, which she now knew to be called Shiloh. She dipped her head respectfully as she stated her name. Vespasian gave a soft sigh, cocking his hind hoof lazily as the two wolves spoke and his rider absently patted his neck, to reassure him they'd be on their way shortly. "Out of curiosity -- where do you come from, Adari, and where are you going? I don't need an answer, so you don't have to tell me anything at all; I now it's probably personal. I see many wolves pass through the isthmus to get to Nova Scotia, but I don't often get to meet them." Adari chuckled deeply. Guess this is your lucky day. The Vinattan was just like every other pack wolf she'd come across. Slightly paranoid, wanting answers but not really wanting to pry into a loner's business. It never ceased to entertain the orange pelted woman how alike pack dwellers could be. Pack mentality indeed.

Aye, my business is my own, yes... She paused to smirk. But seeing as you've been kind enough to warn me of the potential obstacles ahead of me and haven't gone and chased me off like some vermin...I suppose I can answer you. She said mostly amiably. I'm afraid, though, it's not a very interesting answer. She eyed her company a moment then gave it straight. I come from lands very far from here to the more southwesterly direction. She gestured with a paw. I have been traveling steadily north and then east for most of my life. I have no set destination at this point. I merely follow my nose really, wherever it chooses to lead me. I live the life of a loner, so I have no real home. The wilds are my sanctuary, my adventure and so I just wander with or without purpose, taking every day as it comes. Adari explained, a little surprised in herself at how open and slightly poetic she was being. I stop here and there to trade with others who have interest, I fight to survive, and I just...live my life as I want to. She gave a small shrug. Pretty standard loner stuff I'd think. The scarred wolfess then fell silent with a soft frown. She'd known this way of living for nearly all her life. Sure, sometimes she considered actually settling down with someone, or even within a pack. But still, fear and distrust kept her from doing those things. She was rarely ever shown kindness, but with Shiloh's patience and fair treatment of her (even if it was a little forced), Adari's respect for the woman grew a little.

It was a nice change of pace to not have to be so totally cold and on the defense with someone. The longer she spoke with the stranger, the more little chips of ice fell from her hardened heart. Maybe these lands would prove to be different than all the rest. It was a big hope, but it was nice to hold onto, if not loosely. It would take time, lots of it, to get Adari to fully relax, find good in the world and trust again but it was not a futile effort, even though to her it felt like it. Vespasian gave another impatient sigh and Adari pulled herself back out of her own thoughts and gave a small genuine smile to Shiloh. I appreciate the advice you've given and kindness you've shown me, Shiloh. I...don't get that often. Adari nodded with a sigh. Anyways though, with that said, I'd best be moving on. I'm sure you've got better things to do that listen to someone like me prattle on about the whimsical ways of loners. She smirked softly, gripping the reins of her horse in preparation to head off. Even though the interaction was of pleasant nature, it was starting to make Adari uncomfortable talking so much with someone she barely knew. She was unused to friendly social interaction, so actually partaking in it was almost alien. The flame pelted woman wanted to get back to what was familiar. Her solitude. If Shiloh had no more questions or words, she'd be on her way.

<style type="text/css">
.adari- book i {font-weight:italic; color:#F9F7F7; text-shadow:#ffffff 1px 1px 2px;}
.adari-book b {font-weight:bold; color:#EDEDEB; text-shadow:#ffffff 1px 1px 2px;}
.adari-book p {padding:5px 25px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px; font-family:georgia, serif, helvetica; font-size:12px; color:#FAFAEF; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.adari-book {margin:0px auto; width:555px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/rnF8P.jpg'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #847b73; padding:352px 0px 5px 0px; border-radius:30px;}
.adari-book .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#F9070D; border-top:dashed 1px; font-size:14px; text-align:center;}
.adari-book p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.adari-book p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]