[AW] you will find out that we're both the same
[html]

”Hola Callista,” She could hear his smile, the way his crooked teeth peeked out from behind those dark lips of his. Odalis winced, peeking around the corner to see Ciprian speaking with one of the mercenaries. She was pretty, with wide blue eyes that stared uncomfortably at the ground – her tawny hair loosely curled about her shoulders. Odalis had wondered about her – for she looked nothing like the hardened warriors who had flanked Mistral on their trips around the Hotel.

Mistral shouted a lot, and despite her size Odalis found that she was intimidated by the blonde woman.

”Ciprian.” Her voice was clipped and short, though there was a tremor there – it was all too familiar to Odalis.

”What do you want?”

”Nothing mi preciosa, I just thought I would say hello. It has been so long since I have last seen your pretty face.”

”My father-“

”Isn’t here.”

He smiled, creeping closer. His arms were crossed against his chest, each of his fingers glittering with silver rings.

Odalis had heard of Ciprian long before she had met him in Onuba. Apparently, he had grown up on the streets of a nearby city, a scrappy orphan who had been eager to find his place in the world. In the Court des Miracles he was an enigmatic shadow, the slow creeping of his voice finding her when she least expected it to. He had found Bardi and laughed at the memory of how he had tricked her – stolen her gold and given her a farmer’s horse instead of one of Thalias well-bred Andalusians.

He was a liar and a cheat – and above all he had a certain aptitude for pretty women.

”Give me a smile Callista. You are so pretty when you smile.”

Callista squirmed uncomfortably beneath the heavy set of his gaze, his bubble-gum pink tongue flicking against his silver whiskers. It was strange, this feeling of sympathy that came over her – for though Callista was a member of the mercenary group that had taken over the Court with Mistral at their helm, no one deserved to be subject to Ciprians attentions. There was something kind about her that Odalis couldn’t put her finger on, and as Ciprian raised a hand to smooth his hair she rounded the corner – her eyes going hard and flat.

”Cipriano, leave her alone. She does not look like she is in a smiling mood.” Her tone sounded like her mother, and she saw the way that Ciprian slowly turned his head – his brows disappointed at the interruption. He paused thoughtfully, ”Odalis, how wonderful of you to join us.”

Callista’s mouth was a thinly drawn line, as Ciprian leared at the newly appeared Courtier. ”I was just leaving.”

She sniffed as he passed, pulling her cloak close.

He tapped her shoulder roughly, ”Do not call me Cipriano again.”

He had been like a shadow since joining the pack – and Odalis had noticed him skulking about the quietly, his silver-moon eyes always watching, always waiting. She wasn’t sure what it was about the mercenary life that had brought him here, but she was in no hurry to find out.

Callista appeared visibly shaken and Odalis padded towards her gingerly, her free hand toying with the pendant about her throat.

Odalis offered her a smile in an attempt at comradery, ”He’s awful isn’t he?” She extended her hand to the mercenary, ”I am Odalis Amaranthe, who are you?”

She girl was quiet for a long moment, eyeing her hand as if trying to decide if there was a weapon stashed somewhere within close reach. At last she took it and shook her hand with surprising firmness. ”I’m Callista.” Her voice was lilting and pretty, and Odalis canted her head curiously.

The pale girl had a bow strung over her shoulder, and Odalis gestured at it as she spoke. ”You’re an archer?”

Callista appeared cautious, and unconsciously one of her hands crept towards the bow string – her expression unreadable. Odalis chuckled, ”You should have clubbed him with it.”

At last she saw the girls shoulders relax, and a laugh chuffed passed her lips.

”It’s true. I should have.” She raised a brow to peer at the auburn haired girl, ”Thank you.”

I'm thinking that maybe Odalis and Callista can head somewhere to practice archery or something? DOES SOMEONE WANNA COME ALONG?

<style type="text/css">
.amarot {width:650px; padding:5px; margin:0px auto; font-family:georgia; text-align:justify; line-height:20px;}
.amarot p {text-indent: 25px; font-size:15px; text-align:justify;}
.amarot p.oocstuff {opacity:.7;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, .5); padding-top:3px; padding-left:3px; font-size:11px; text-align:left;}
.amarot npc { letter-spacing:.5px; opacity: .7;font-weight:bold; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He didn't understand. Was change really so terrible? Okay, so maybe some of the new members who had joined the Court along with the new Queen were a bit... rough. There had been instances of vandalism, he had both heard, and a number of skirmishes between resident Courtiers and the Queen's people. But Reblin knew that the newcomers weren't all to blame. There were plenty of other Courtiers who were antagonizing them, as though just dying to start something. He didn't blame anyone for defending themselves, not on either side, but why didn't everyone just try to get along?

These thoughts bounced around within Reblin's head as he walked through the territory, brows furrowed and fingers locked behind his head. Try as he might to make anyone (but especially Thyri) understand, let alone accept, his point of view, most people in the Court seemed obstinately set in their ways, determined to carry on throwing temper tantrums instead of trying to cultivate a peaceful agreement between the new Queen, her people, and the resident Courtiers.

He sighed, then paused when a light laugh and voices passed into his ears. Hands still tucked behind his head, Reblin craned his neck and caught sight of two young women. His face lit up in a smile when he recognized that one of them was a newcomer... and it appeared they were getting along. "Hey!" he barked cheerfully, jogging toward them and offering them a wag of his curled tail. "Can I join you guys— er... ladies?" he asked, grinning. "I'm Reblin." He looked from Callista to Odalis. He'd seen the woman with the auburn hair around but knew her by name only. When he glanced back upon Callista, his expression softened. "So, what are you doing, anyway?"

OOC: I hope you don't mind this dork. :'D

[WC — 301]

<style>
.Rebeltext {padding:20px; font-family: 'Crimson Text', serif; text-align:justify;}
.Rebeltext p:first-child:first-letter {text-indent:60px; margin:0px; float: left; color: #000000; font-size: 75px; line-height: 60px; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 8px; padding-left: 3px; font-family: 'Amita', cursive;}
.Rebeltext p {font-family: 'Crimson Text', serif; font-size:18px; margin:0px; padding:3px;}
.Rebeltext p + p {text-indent:60px;}
.Rebeltext .npc1 {font-style: italic; font-weight:bold; filter:alpha(opacity=65%); opacity:.65;}
.Rebeltext .npc2 {font-style: italic; font-weight:normal; filter:alpha(opacity=65%); opacity:.65;}
.Rebeltext p.ooc {opacity:0.7; padding:3px; text-align: left; text-indent:0px; font-size:16px; padding:10px 5px;}
.Rebeltext p.wc {opacity:0.7; padding:3px; text-align: right; text-indent:0px; font-size:16px; padding:10px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

”You are welcome.” There was a strange sense of camaraderie building between them, and Odalis couldn’t help the smile that crept across her lips beneath the pretty blue gaze of the mercenary-daughter. The other mercenaries frightened her but she wasn’t sure what it was that they were there to accomplish. Mistral had already taken over – and as far as she knew no one had had the courage to stand up to her, not yet anyways.

”Do you think you could show me how you shoot your bow?” She smiled sheepishly, dropping her head, ”I’ve never used one before.”

It was an admission of weakness – Odalis had never been shown how to use a weapon – but she was curious as to how Callista would accept the information from her. She did not appear to be as hard headed as her companions, and Odalis was sure that the kindness that made her expression soften was pure. The long silence had Odalis biting her lip, but Callista nodded suddenly, ”Sure!” She smiled, one hand resting on the long end of her bow, ”I have lots of practice.”

Odalis wondered what she meant.

Callista gestured with a slender finger toward the approaching boy, ”Who’s that?”

Odalis had never seen the boy before, but he was jovial – with a long beaming mouth, and a tail which wagged to-and-fro as he jogged towards them, his expression warm.

”I-uh.. do not know.” She clicked her teeth, ”Is he one of yours?” Callista shook her head, evidently curious.

He panted as he approached them, and she offered him a kind smile to match his own as she found him to be rather… infectious.

"I am Odalis and this is-" Callista blinked quietly, assessing the new comer to their group, "-Callista."

"She was going to show me how to use a bow." Callista was quiet, though the long fan of her tail made a frantic twitch behind her. "Have you ever shot one before?" Odalis canted her head, the mans piebald coloring peeking out from the edges of his tunic.

"Come on, before it gets too dark." And together they began a slow trod towards a nearby open field - a field that Odalis hoped Ciprian would not occupy. Snow had eaten away at most of the greenery that had been plentiful when Odalis had first come to this country, and now there was nothing but a monochromatic stretch of white that glittered brightly beneath the cloudy sky.

Callista lead them, and Odalis was all too happy to wander behind her so that she could see the womans hands clearly.

"I don't think I've seen you before." She turned to look at the man who walked along side her, "Are you new too?"

YAY I was secretly hoping you would hop in with Reblin because I already LOVE HIM. Feel free to power play <3

<style type="text/css">
.amarot {width:650px; padding:5px; margin:0px auto; font-family:georgia; text-align:justify; line-height:20px;}
.amarot p.oocstuff {opacity:.7;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, .5); padding-top:3px; padding-left:3px; font-size:11px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He slowed his jog to a bouncing trot as he neared the two women, his pink tongue flopping in the air shamelessly. His tail curled tightly against his back but unwound with the force of his cheerful wag. There was benevolence and jollity in his moon-kissed eyes despite the current political climate that threatened the psychological well-being of them all. He closed his mouth and grinned broadly when one of the women — the auburn-haired beauty that he'd seen around the Court before — offered a kind smile of her own. When at last he was within their warm company, he planted his hands upon his hips and spoke, then listened cheerfully.

When the ladies offered their names, Reblin tilted his head back and huffed brightly. "Odalis!" he chirped, beaming at the Amaranthe. Though he had heard her name mentioned before, for the life of him Reblin couldn't remember what it was at that salient moment. He pointed at her with his thumb raised, giving her a slight wink. "I've seen you around but I couldn't remember your name just now. Odalis. Odalis." As though committing it to memory, the young man repeated it aloud. And then he turned to Callista and nodded. "You're part of the Queen's people, right?" Reblin gave her a quickened wag of his tail, a sign that he wasn't interested in dissension or conflict.

His lips falling into an animated "O," Reblin's pale eyes flicked to the bow at Callista's shoulder and shook his head. "Never," he admitted without shame. A feral-born creature, the best form of fighting that Rebel could manage was by that of tooth and nail. Though, he had enough brawn and strength to hold his own in a wrestling match. "Will you show me, too?" he asked and, by way of response, Callista nodded and mentioned that it would be best for them to start before the sun fell and cast darkness over them all. Reblin was quick to follow in step with the women.

Oblivious to Odalis' intentions, Reblin thought that she'd simply wanted a chance to walk alone with him and offered her a loud laugh when she asked if he, too, was new. "Ha!" he barked, thinking that she was joking. But when it quickly dawned on him that she was, in fact, being serious, he laughed more genuinely at himself. "Er, no," he corrected, the cheer on his face refusing to dampen. "I've been in the Court for a while... Since, uh..." He furrowed his brows thoughtfully. "Spring?" He shrugged. "I've seen you around, though." A broadening grin tugged at the corners of his lips and he lifted one hand to gesture to the top of his head. "Your mane is distinct. I like it."

They carried on, making their way toward the training grounds. "So, what was that all about back there? With that guy?" he asked, the opening of the grounds near enough to see from a distance. "I mean, I didn't see much but... I dunno, it didn't seem very..." He trailed off unhelpfully before adding. "Nice."

OOC: Smile I AM SO EXCITE!

[WC — 529]

<style>
.Rebeltext {padding:20px; font-family: 'Crimson Text', serif; text-align:justify;}
.Rebeltext p:first-child:first-letter {text-indent:60px; margin:0px; float: left; color: #000000; font-size: 75px; line-height: 60px; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 8px; padding-left: 3px; font-family: 'Amita', cursive;}
.Rebeltext p {font-family: 'Crimson Text', serif; font-size:18px; margin:0px; padding:3px;}
.Rebeltext .npc1 {font-style: italic; font-weight:bold; filter:alpha(opacity=65%); opacity:.65;}
.Rebeltext .npc2 {font-style: italic; font-weight:normal; filter:alpha(opacity=65%); opacity:.65;}
.Rebeltext p.ooc {opacity:0.7; padding:3px; text-align: left; text-indent:0px; font-size:16px; padding:10px 5px;}
.Rebeltext p.wc {opacity:0.7; padding:3px; text-align: right; text-indent:0px; font-size:16px; padding:10px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

It was in this moment that Odalis found herself thinking like her mother. Callista had proven friendly enough - but it would always be obvious to Odalis where her loyalties were even if they continued to exchange friendly smiles. Ciprian may not have found his place amongst the other mercenaries but there was an opportunity here that Odalis was determined not to squander. Callista glanced over her shoulder at the two courtiers, her pale hair tumbling between her shoulders as she blinked her large blue eyes at them. Odalis smiled, and lifted a hand to wave as if to say: 'we're coming.'

As Reblin stepped beside her Odalis pretended to stumble, allowing for more space to build between the young woman and the Courtiers. She clasped the mans forearms between long fingers, the thick cords of his muscles firm beneath his mottled skin. "Dios! Silly me!" She patted his arm, sliding alongside him so that their gaits matched beneath the thick wool of her skirts.

"Oh - uh, thank you." She flipped a piece of auburn hair between her fingers, "I've never thought of it as distinct before." She laughed, but her eyes never left the woman who paced before them, "Your markings are nice too." - her fingers traced a spotted area curiously on his arm.

Callista was speaking to them, but she did not look over her shoulder again.

"I think I saw somewhere up here that would work well enough-" She was gesturing vaguely, the lone shaft of her bow bouncing against the smooth curve of her hip. "My Father taught me how to shoot when I was little." She was opening up, slowly building a story for Odalis to follow that showed her character and history.

Odalis leaned in close to Reblin, the warmth of him hitting her full on, "Do you think she's dangerous?" She was suddenly aware of how tightly she was gripping him and she relented - if only slightly. "There were so many of them at the meeting I-" She thought she saw Callista flick an ear toward her so she dropped her voice to a thin whisper, "I don't know what to think."

"That was Ciprian." They had finally come to a stop, and Odalis had unsnaked her arm from the boy with a winsome smile - eagerly padding her way to the mercenary who had begun to prepare her bow. "He joined our band a few months ago - I am not sure where he came from."

"I've met him before... He comes from the same place I do across the sea." She felt Callistas eyes widen, though the girl said nothing - instead holding out the bow for the man to take in his large hands. "I am from Onuba - and Ciprian Tenebriso had a reputation there." She glanced at Reblin and nodded her head - "Not nice."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

When Callista turned, her blue eyes falling upon them, Reblin grinned back at her and gave his tail a quick wag. Next to him, Odalis made a motion with her hand that seemed to pacify the young mercenary's curiosity. The girl turned her back to them again and carried on leading them, her bow slung expertly across her shoulder. The arrows in her quiver shifted against one another as she padded along, her gait smooth and filled with purpose.

Suddenly, there were fingers — slender and long — wrapping desperately around the muscles of his forearm and Reblin looked away from Callista abruptly. His pale eyes were wide and his mouth was parted with surprise. He slowed to a stop and instinctively lifted his other arm up to catch Odalis' stumbling frame. "Woah! Careful," he laughed, completely oblivious as to the red-haired Chevalier's intentions. Reblin grinned at her when she patted his muscular arm and then began their pace again, stepping in line with one another.

He watched her take a lock of hair between her fingers and flip it playfully. The light caught the auburn strands and set it aflame with a shimmer of carmine hues. "Oh, it's distinct, for sure!" he said, then quickly backpedaled. "But I mean, in a good way. Like, it makes you unique." He wasn't sure if he was making this better or worse and finally added. "Which I also mean in a good way." Reblin beamed at her and offered her another wag of his curled tail. The young man was decent at plenty of things but a wordsmith he was not.

"You think so?" he asked, a chill running climbing across the surface of his skin with her soft touch tickling the fur on his arm. Reblin glanced down at her fingers and grinned widely. "Oh, you've found Dot," he said of the spotted area Odalis was tracing. He looked into her blue eyes a moment then laughed. "I'm just kidding. I'm not that lame. I mean, 'Dot'?" He blew air dismissively between his lips with a pffffft and then forced a serious look to his face. "It's name is actually Frank."

This was his act and Odalis was his audience. He waited, hoping for laughter, pining for laughter. And then Callista was speaking to them again and Reblin turned away from the woman with the fire-kissed hair and looked at the young mercenary once more.

Reblin barked excitedly. "Oh yeah! The training grounds are this way, I think. That would be perfect!" He was eager to see this woman's skills in action and barely realized how close Odalis had leaned into him until her warmth seeped into his frame. Her grip on his arm had grown tighter then, and his smile faded. He looked at the woman curiously, a touch of worry in his pale eyes, then glanced at Callista again. "Callista?" he asked, too loud. The girl flicked an ear toward them and he dropped his voice to match Odalis' volume. "I don't think so. I mean, some of them... some of them haven't been very nice, but Callista seems okay to me."

Reblin was a trusting figure — naive, perhaps, but also with much room in his heart for tolerance and forgiveness. Except for when they proved themselves cruel or unnecessarily belligerent, his default was to first see only the good in people. When he looked upon Callista, that was all he saw — good.

When at last they stopped, Odalis removed her arm from his and the cold moved in almost immediately. He found that he kind of missed her so close to him, but couldn't say why except that her warmth was comforting. "What did he do?" Reblin asked, watching Callista for a moment while she prepared her bow and arrows before glancing at Odalis again. "I mean, in Onbu— er... What was it again?" He laughed at himself and offered the Chevalier an apologetic wag of his tail.

OOC: omfg what a frickin dork.

[WC — 672]

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

There was something familiar about Reblin that Odalis found herself attracted to. She had always been shocked with the ease in which her mother had always approached men, as if she had the right to speak to them or command them with her hands and the lyrical giggles in her throat. She was a master of manipulation, and Odalis found that when she tried to speak to them in the same self-assured way that it was impossible.

There had been a boy in the court whom Akantha had foced Odalis to dance with on more than one occasion, but Odalis had never been able to speak to him about anything that actually interested her. The little Amaranthe had dedicated most of her time to books and the careful study that came with an apprenticeship beneath a pious Moreno. Speaking to boys had never been part of the equation.

She had mumbled her name to him and squeezed his hands too tightly.

Odalis had felt out of place then. Now as Callista lifted her bow to begin testing it in her hands she felt that she was out of place now.

The auburn girl hung onto Reblins arm until the last moment. ”I guess you’re right.” She hissed at him before relinquishing her place at his side to trot towards Callista.

”Hurry up! You are both so slow.”

The pale girl was starting to smile, and as Odalis came alongside her she thrust the bow into her small hands.

”Wow this is… bigger than I expected.” Odalis hefted the thing, plucking the string so that it twanged.

”I’ve been practicing since I was little.”

Callista clicked her teeth and glanced at Reblin. ”Ciprian joined us a few months ago on our way here… I don’t really like him.”

”I met him in Onuba. I was arranging to come to Nova Scotia and he got me a horse… but not the one that I asked for.” Callista was blinking in earnest, ”He also stole from me. Bardi is a good horse… but not an Amaranthe Andalusian.” She chuckled softly and raised the bow as if to sight her first shot. ”You shouldn’t trust him.”

”Here,” Callista took the bow back, ”Let me show you where to put your hands.”

Odalis glanced at Reblin, ”Where did you come from?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Reblin waved his hands wildly at Callista, grinning at her in his characteristic way. "We're coming, we're coming!" he called back with laughter in his voice, then turned back to Odalis brightly. "Yeah, I don't think she's anyone we gotta worry about," he responded as the auburn-haired Courtier released his arm and trotted toward the young archer. He did the same, keeping pace with her until they had reached Callista.

Indeed, the bow did look oddly enormous in Odalis' small hands. Maybe it was the inexperienced way in which the young woman held it but it didn't look so big when Callista wielded it. "Since you were little? How, even?" he gawked, stepping up to Odalis and admiring the bow. It was a lovely thing — something even Reblin could appreciate despite his lack of knowledge with weaponry. He grinned approvingly at the sound the string made when Odalis plucked it.

While they observed the bow, discussion shifted to Ciprian and Reblin pulled a face. "He doesn't sound very nice," he replied unhappily. Reblin stored the information about Ciprian in the back of his mind and changed the subject. "What's an Amaranthe Andalusian?" he asked.

Stepping back, Reblin watched as Callista helped Odalis better hold the bow and gave his curled tail a small wag. "Viburnum in Trillium Hollow," he said cheerily, then realized that the young women probably had no clue what he was talking about and laughed at how dumb he could be. "It's a long ways from here. Like..." He scrunched up his face in thought. "I dunno, days! I think Thyri and me traveled almost a whole moon." He shrugged. "How about you?"

[WC — 285]

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The first arrow that she short flailed uselessly on the air and landed a few feet in front of the trio. Callista did everything in her power not to laugh at the womans first attempt, and Odalis couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her. "This is... harder than I thought." Solomon had practiced with a bow sometimes in Onuba - but he had had strong arms and a frame that seemed to call for him to be some sot of warrior... but Odalis had always found him too gentle for such things. He spent more time with the horses than anything else, though he had always found time for her.

She smiled at the memory.

Glancing at Reblin she nodded her head, "My family in Onuba breeds the most beautiful horses." Callista was adjusting her hands again, "My Grandmother can trace their bloodlines back many years. They are the most graceful things I've ever seen-" She shrugged her shoulders, "And I meant to bring one of them with me." She smiled as Callista stepped back, "Go on then, try again."

The next arrow went only slightly further.

"Have you and Thyri been friends a long time?" She smiled at the thought of the golden woman, "She was very kind to me when I first joined. I quite like her." Odalis held out the bow to Reblin, "Your turn." When he took the bow she stepped aside, allowing Callista to move him so that his stance finally matched her own... somewhat.

"I had to take a ship here - it took a very long time." Her tail wagged behind her, "I would like to go North once the snow melts and see some of the Packs there - and my birth place." She grinned, "My mother gave me journals filled with stories of her travels there - and I would like to see it for myself."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

While Callista tried to keep from laughing, Reblin had no such filter. Watching the brief, wild trajectory of the ill-fated arrow, the young wolfdog blinked at its failure before ruckus laughter burst from a wide mouth. It wasn't Odalis' lack of skill or poor attempt that made him crack up, but rather the surprise that the arrow hadn't done what he was prepared to see it do: sail smoothly through the air at a gradual arc. Instead, it had flailed and stuck itself abruptly into the ground at their feet as though thoroughly defeated. A boy with a silly mind and a light heart, this had Reblin in stitches.

"Oh man," he managed, catching his breath and rubbing his eyes. "I totally wasn't expecting that. Did you see how it just–" Reblin made a sound with his tongue that mimicked a splat and motioned with his hand how chaotic the arrow's movements were. He cracked up laughing again but composed himself more quickly this time. "Gods, that was funny." He grinned brightly at Odalis and nodded his head when Callista encouraged her to try again.

"They sound really cool," he said of the Amaranthe Andalusians, trying, and failing, to appropriately visualize them. Horses had been a new concept to the Reblin before Thyri showed up and visited them for a time with Baldr. Though he could tell the difference now between a draft horse and a grade horse, he had to admit that most horses looked the same to him. "But then that guy back there swindled you out of yours, huh?" He pulled a disagreeable face and clicked his tongue.

"Uh... Well, I guess so?" He wagged his tail. "She showed up at my old pack about a year ago and we've sorta been friends ever since." Taking the bow from Odalis, Reblin allowed Callista to position him and instruct him on what to do, then notched his arrow and pulled it back. Having broad shoulders and well-muscled arms, the arrow probably had the potential to go far except that Reblin's aim shifted at the last minute and, rather than keeping his arm straight, he dropped it which resulted in the arrow embedding itself straight into the ground at his feet. Again, Reblin laughed, mirth shining brightly in his eyes as shifted them from the arrow to Odalis. "At least yours got some distance!" he giggled.

While Callista tried to dig the arrow from the frozen earth, Reblin grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, Callista." The young woman flicked her wrist dismissively and went back to getting the arrow unstuck. Reblin turned to Odalis. "Hey! If you want, I could join you? My uncle is in Krokar and it would be good to see him again, too." He gave his curled tail a wag. Freeing the arrow, Callista brought it back over to Reblin and told him to remember to keep his aim straight this time. Trying again, he managed to shoot it better this time, though by no means perfectly. He shrugged. "I think I do better with my own hands and claws," he laughed.

[WC — 522]

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Despite all of the frustration that had come to the Court through the arrival of Mistral and her mercenary band - Reblin had remained jovial. Odalis couldn't think of a time where he had seen the man frown or even raise his voice since the silvery womans arrival, and she found herself wondering what it was that kept him so positive and so upbeat. Callista had relaxed around him, and even Odalis felt her shoulders sagging with relief as the practice went on.

It turned out that they were all terrible - each of their arrows falling miserably short of the target.

Odalis threw back her head and laughed, clutching her sides as she watched Reblin pull back his string and fail.

It felt good to laugh.

Odalis raised a brow, "Just friends?" She settled her hands on her hips, "Most men I know don't follow a woman for no reason."

Callista nodded vigorously before realizing what she had done - "Oh - I mean-"

"See Callista thinks so too."

Another bubble of laughter escaped her - and together they continued their practice. Odalis never hit her target, but she found that eventually the subtle burn went away in her arms and she was able to atleast have the thing make it half way.

"Have you been there?" She cocked her head as they again traded places, "I would like to go in the spring - and having such an expert archer would make me feel much safer."

Thank you for being so patient!!!

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He glanced with genuine innocence at Odalis, curious about her raised brow and the way her hands settled on her hips. "Yeah?" he replied with an upwards intonation, as though questioning his own response. Callista's vigorous nodded caught his pale eyes and he glanced at her curiously. "I don't– Oh. Oh." Realization as to precisely what the women were suggesting finally dawned on him and his inner ears burned a brilliant shade of crimson. "Gods, no, it's not like that! And I'm not following her around! I mean, okay... I guess I kind of was, but..." He shook his head roughly. "I mean, not because of that. I mean, she's like a sister to me."

Embarrassment was not something that Reblin felt often, but here, in front of these women who he very much liked and admired, that was precisely what he felt.

And yet, hearing Odalis' bubbling laughter somehow made it all very much worth it. He laughed along with her and Callista joined in with them until all three of them were cracking up. "You guys are the worst," he said but there was fondness in his voice. "C'mon, you're breaking my concentration," he complained lightly, taking the arrow from Callista and trying again with only a little better success than the last time. He snorted and shook his head gently. "Here, you try again." He passed the bow and arrow to Odalis with a bright smile.

"Krokar? Yeah, just briefly though. Thyri had to get a donkey that they were taking care of. I think I remember the way." It had been nearly a year since then though, and time had a way of changing things. Still, they had a pair of good noses on them; they'd be able to figure it out, Reblin was sure. "Yeah, spring would be much better!" he said, then nodded. "Oh, yeah... We could take Callista with us if she wanted to come, I guess." If Odalis was making a jab at his poor archery skills, it was entirely lost on Reblin.

OOC: He's so dense. xD

[WC — 349]

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Reblin made Odalis laugh and it felt good. The Mercenaries had left the entire court on edge ever since their arrival - but something about the boys naive nature had Odalis warming to him. She could see it in Callista too, in the way her shoulders slowly relaxed as she passed the bow and corrected them throughout their conversation. They were not expert shots, but the practice came naturally to the little trio, and soon enough the bow came back to Odalis.

Reblin stammered when it came to Thyri, and Odalis felt herself brightening as his discomfort. It was the cruel streak in her she supposed that had her gently poking his arm, "But she's so pretty!"

"My arms hurt!" She glanced at Callistas arms and refrained from giving them a squeeze, "You must be very strong."

"I don't know if there will be anyone left there that will remember me," The thought had her eyes angling sadly for a moment, "But it would be worth it to see what they have to trade and hear what their stories are. I can't imagine what's been going on up there since I left." Her long ears twitched as she shot a final arrow - one that landed much closer to its target.

"You should come with me!" She grinned toothily, "I would appreciate the company and the numbers."

She glanced toward Callista, "It can be dangerous out there."

The Court was proving that it could be dangerous anywhere.

The South had turned out to be no different.

Thank you for being so patient!!! Would you like to fade for something fresh? Shy

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Reblin rubbed the spot where Odalis had poked him with her lithe little finger and glanced off to the side, his ears splayed. "Yeah, I mean... I guess... but..." He trailed off, his discomfort palpable. He flicked his pale eyes back at Odalis helplessly. "She's like a sister, though!" he said again, unsure how else to make them understand that he had exactly zero interest in Thyri that way.

But the laughter felt good and the goofy wolfdog was quick to forget his embarrassment.

"If you keep this up, you'll have arms like these, too!" Callista replied with a smile, glancing down at her own arms. "But we should maybe get back now, don't you think?" She looked up at the sky. "This was fun. We should do this again." It was nice to feel connected to other people like this and Callista found herself hoping that they felt the same about her.

Reblin agree with Callista and nodded, then turned to Odalis while the young archer collected the last arrow she shot and gathered the rest of her things. "I'd love to! And, I mean... it's okay if nobody remembers you, right? It'll still be good for you to see the pack again and do a little catching up." He grinned cheerfully. "Besides, you'll have friends with you for the trip! He looked at Callista.

"I'm used to being out there," she replied, but her tone lacked the self-pity that could have been there. Instead, it sounded confident and strong. "Come on, let's get back and we can talk about it on the way."

Smiling from Callista to Odalis, Reblin nodded and started after Callista, turning his head to look behind him, making sure that Odalis was following after them.

OOC: Yesss! We can wrap it up here. <3

[WC — 301]

<style>
</style>

[/html]