[DND] When I was just a little girl...
[html]

When I grew up and fell in love, I asked my sweetheart, what lies ahead…

His soft singing voice carried down the stable corridor, mixing peacefully into the light scuffing of hooves and snorting from the nearby stalls.

Will we have rainbows? Day after day?

He combed his fingers carefully through Branwen’s mane, working through the tangles with his claws.

Here's what my sweetheart said—

He couldn’t stop the soft smile as he prepared for the chorus— he loved this part of the song.

Que será, será, whatever will be, will be…

Ever since Aldora sang the song for him on that sad April day, it carried him through many rough nights. When he woke from frightening dreams, he’d softly hum the melody until he calmed. It wasn’t perfect, but it helped. Music helped a lot these days, in fact. It was nice to have an outlet for the storm in his head.

The future's not ours to see— Que será, será.

On the last note, he leaned down to kiss Branwen on her nose. She huffed, but didn’t back away. He giggled at the hot air on his face, and near cried at the sound of it. He hadn’t laughed like that in months. Was he actually… healing?

It wasn’t a secret that he’d been doing well these days, or as well as he could, anyways. He left his room often now, visiting Branwen at the stables or spending the day latched onto Cedric’s side. The fact that he could touch him again still felt like a miracle, even after all these weeks. It was actually strange that he wasn’t clinging onto him as they spoke, but Cedric was much higher up in their pack than Cidro was. The wolfdog understood that his beloved had important duties that he couldn’t justify skipping for kissing and cuddles. That was fine, though— Cidro was equally happy to spend time in the stables with his friend. It was like he was back in the Court again, back to simpler times where he cleaned stalls and spoiled their kingdom’s many steeds.

The Recruit sighed, tracing the petals that weaved through his cropped locks— another piece of himself he was able to reclaim. Things weren’t perfect— he was still ill most days and stomaching food was still a struggle, but he was alive, and maybe… maybe he was even a little happy too. He plucked a flower from his hair, placing it carefully behind Branwen’s ear.

What will be, will be…

417 words. <3

<style> .txtfromMandi {padding:20px; font-family: 'Crimson Text', serif; text-align:justify;} .txtfromMandi p:first-child:first-letter {text-indent:60px; margin:0px; float: left; color: #000000; font-size: 75px; line-height: 60px; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 8px; padding-left: 3px; font-family: 'Amita', cursive;} .txtfromMandi p {font-family: 'Crimson Text', serif; font-size:18px; margin:0px; padding:3px; line-height:20px;} .txtfromMandi p + p {text-indent:60px;} .txtfromMandi b:before { content:'"'; } .txtfromMandi b:after { content:'"'; } .txtfromMandi .npc {font-style: italic; filter:alpha(opacity=65%); opacity:.65;} .txtfromMandi .npc2 {font-style: italic; font-weight:normal; filter:alpha(opacity=65%); opacity:.65;} .txtfromMandi p.ooc {opacity:0.7; padding:3px; text-align: left; text-indent:0px; font-size:16px; padding:10px 5px;} .txtfromMandi p.ooc:before { content:'OOC: '; } .txtfromMandi p.wc {opacity:0.7; padding:3px; text-align: right; text-indent:0px; font-size:16px; padding:10px 5px;} </style> [/html]
[html]
<style>
@import url('http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC');
@import url('/images/icons/postsig/signature-icons.css');
#signature-icons a.permanent-disability { background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/XVMFfdB.png'); /* this is necessary for the Disability icon to work! */}

.Cidro6SigOuter {width: 550px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/tpdL8WZ.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-size: contain; padding-top: 250px;}

.Cidro6SigSplit {border-bottom: 1px solid black; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: -5px;} #signature-icons a { background-repeat: no-repeat; display:inline-block; position:relative; margin:0; opacity:.35; filter:alpha(opacity=35%); transition:200ms linear all; -moz-transition:200ms linear all; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; }

.Cidro6SigOuter #signature-icons a:hover, .Cidro6SigOuter #signature-icons a:focus, .Cidro6SigOuter #signature-icons a:active { opacity:1; filter:alpha(opacity=100%); border-bottom: 3px solid #E5879A; /* change the color under the icons when you hover over them on this line */ }

</style>

<div class="Cidro6SigOuter">

<div id="signature-icons">
<a href="#!" class="optime-preference" title="OPTIME unless otherwise stated."></a>
<a href="#!" class="permanent-disability" title="Cidro has been blind since birth."></a>
<a href="#!" target="_blank" title="He is fluent in Spanish and English and speaks with a light mexican accent. He's proficient in French, and is dabbling in Japanese."class="foreign-language"></a>
<a href="#!" class="apparel-accessories" title="He often has flowers in his hair, and either wears his cougar pelt vest or grey wool dress."></a>
<a href="#!" class="injury" title="His right cheek is scarred, he has a slur carved into his chest, and has an older scar of a bite mark on his left shoulder."></a>
<a href="https://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Characters.CidroAmatoDeLaPe%C3%B1a" target="_blank" title="CHARACTER WIKI" class="character-wiki"></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Players.Abby2" target="_blank" title="PLAYER WIKI" class="player-wiki"></a>
<a href="LINK" title="OPEN FOR THREADS!" class="open-for-threads"></a>
<a href="#!" class="references-okay" title="OOC references welcome!"></a>
<a href="#!" title="I will roleplay LASKY." class="will-lasky"></a>
<a href="#!" class="reply-medium" title="REPLY SPEED: MEDIUM"></a>
</div>

</div>

[/html]
[html]
The mountain of things that I still regret
Is a vile reminder that I would rather just forget

OOC: +400 words.

Casa would always be a close place to Hibiki, even if he had chosen to stay behind with the Court rather than joining himself. In some ways, the members of the Court had become like family to him, those that had accepted him after the fall of Sapient. Kalypso's offer to join had given him a chance to wipe his slate clean, to start again.

And if they were his family, then it was only fitting that he stayed behind to help fight, and even though the once great pack had fallen, there were those that were safe, and their small band kept what remained of the Court alive. They looked out for one another, and preserved the one piece that all of them had put so much time and effort into building, their mound homes providing them all that they needed.

Even so, it wasn't an uncommon sight to see the dark male wandering about among the pack of knights. His true extended family was here. His brother had a son, and it was his duty as an uncle to see how his nephew was doing as well as the woman whom his brother had fallen for to have Borya.

More than that though, there was one other person worth seeing here. Cidro.

Hibiki had not see the young male since coming to the borders with him before the final battle. At that point in time, Cidro had been left in a sorry state.. and it broke his heart to see someone that was just getting comfortable with who they were, as well as the life he had chosen for himself, to be dashed away by the actions of his kidnappers. He wanted nothing but the best for the younger male, wanting to see him happy with his life rather than worrying over it.

Dark ears turned to the sound of something in the distance. He had been passing by the stables, a likely place to find him if past experience was worth anything. Cidro always did love being among the horses. Padding into the open area, there was the one male he had been looking for, with the very horse he had come to Casa with. Waiting to the end of Cidro's song, he gave a small clap, letting the blind one know he was here before a smile formed on his face, "That was lovely Cidro."

<style>
.hibikioptimetable {width:95%; margin:0px auto; padding:10px 0px 0;}
.hibikioptimetable p {font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-transform: none; letter-spacing:1px; text-indent:30px;}
</style>
[/html]
Hibiki
[Image: 47UmhJ6.png]

Avatar art by Despi · Sig art by J
[html]

The clapping would’ve made him keel over in fright if it wasn’t for the warm, familiar voice that followed. Frightened glassy eyes shifted to surprise, shifted to warmth. His tight grip on Branwen’s neck loosened.

Hibiki?

This was his friend. Here. Safe. Alive.

Oh

He unravelled his arms from his steed, hardly thinking as he stumbled towards his friend’s scent. His arms groped stupidly in the air for a few moments, struggling to find him before finally bumping his hand into his chest. He didn’t hesitate to pull him in close after that, tucking his face into the larger man’s chest and wrapping gangly limbs around his middle. Cidro was still thin and sickly from all those weeks spent hardly eating, but what he lacked in strength, he made up for in emotion as he pulled his friend close.

I’m so… The Court… I wasn’t sure if—

He shook his head and pulled back a bit, eyes wet, but still warm.

I’m glad you’re safe.

He lifted a hand to wipe his eyes as Branwen came up behind him, resting her chin on her companion’s shoulder to huff at Hibiki.

I think she recognizes you.

He leaned up to kiss her chin, feeling safe between two of his most trusted companions. A part of him yearned to break the sweet moment, to let Hibiki ask him how the healing process had been, to ask him how the Court was faring, if his mamá— his family was okay. It would be the right thing to do, to ask, but happy moments like this were far and few between. Cidro couldn’t bring himself to ruin it just yet.

Instead, he started small, gently grasping the jackal’s hand and tugging him towards the door.

Come, let’s sit. It’s a beautiful day out.

If they were going to discuss all the hardships they’d been through, they might as well do it somewhere sunny and nice with the grass between their toes.

321 words. <3 <3 <3

<style> .txtfromMandi {padding:20px; font-family: 'Crimson Text', serif; text-align:justify;} .txtfromMandi p:first-child:first-letter {text-indent:60px; margin:0px; float: left; color: #000000; font-size: 75px; line-height: 60px; padding-top: 4px; padding-right: 8px; padding-left: 3px; font-family: 'Amita', cursive;} .txtfromMandi p {font-family: 'Crimson Text', serif; font-size:18px; margin:0px; padding:3px; line-height:20px;} .txtfromMandi p + p {text-indent:60px;} .txtfromMandi b:before { content:'"'; } .txtfromMandi b:after { content:'"'; } .txtfromMandi .npc {font-style: italic; filter:alpha(opacity=65%); opacity:.65;} .txtfromMandi .npc2 {font-style: italic; font-weight:normal; filter:alpha(opacity=65%); opacity:.65;} .txtfromMandi p.ooc {opacity:0.7; padding:3px; text-align: left; text-indent:0px; font-size:16px; padding:10px 5px;} .txtfromMandi p.ooc:before { content:'OOC: '; } .txtfromMandi p.wc {opacity:0.7; padding:3px; text-align: right; text-indent:0px; font-size:16px; padding:10px 5px;} </style> [/html]
[html]
<style>
#signature-icons a.permanent-disability { background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/XVMFfdB.png'); /* this is necessary for the Disability icon to work! */}

.Cidro6SigOuter {width: 550px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/tpdL8WZ.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-size: contain; padding-top: 250px;}

.Cidro6SigSplit {border-bottom: 1px solid black; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: -5px;} #signature-icons a { background-repeat: no-repeat; display:inline-block; position:relative; margin:0; opacity:.35; filter:alpha(opacity=35%); transition:200ms linear all; -moz-transition:200ms linear all; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; }

.Cidro6SigOuter #signature-icons a:hover, .Cidro6SigOuter #signature-icons a:focus, .Cidro6SigOuter #signature-icons a:active { opacity:1; filter:alpha(opacity=100%); border-bottom: 3px solid #E5879A; /* change the color under the icons when you hover over them on this line */ }

</style>

<a href="#!" class="optime-preference" title="OPTIME unless otherwise stated."></a>
<a href="#!" class="permanent-disability" title="Cidro has been blind since birth."></a>
<a href="#!" target="_blank" title="He is fluent in Spanish and English and speaks with a light mexican accent. He's proficient in French, and is dabbling in Japanese."class="foreign-language"></a>
<a href="#!" class="apparel-accessories" title="He often has flowers in his hair, and either wears his cougar pelt vest or grey wool dress."></a>
<a href="#!" class="injury" title="His right cheek is scarred, he has a slur carved into his chest, and has an older scar of a bite mark on his left shoulder."></a>
<a href="https://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Characters.CidroAmatoDeLaPe%C3%B1a" target="_blank" title="CHARACTER WIKI" class="character-wiki"></a>
<a href="http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Players.Abby2" target="_blank" title="PLAYER WIKI" class="player-wiki"></a>
</div>

</div>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: +300 words.

For a moment, the tight manner in which Cidro had wrapped his arms around the horse's neck had been a bit concerning, but nothing that was entirely unexpected. Considering the manner in which the young male had been dropped off at Casa in, he wouldn't be shocked to see if there was still tension left in him from his ordeal, continued uneasiness around him, even with those he had grown to become familiar with.

But then he saw that tension disappear.

The male had come down from the horse's back, doing his best to follow the sound and scent of the dark male that stood by. He waited until he felt the hand met his clothed chest before speaking again, "It's so good to see you again."

What came next was unexpected. Cidro took Hibiki into his grasp, wrapping his arms around the other male's body. He spoke of his fears and concerns, and how he had been so glad to see that he was safe. He felt his own arms moving up, cautious in his moves before taking Cidro into his own embrace. He was careful, and willing to release himself should his company still not wished to be touched. He had not forgotten about the damage that had been done.

A couple fingers moved idly over Cidro's skinny form. He couldn't help himself and grow worry for the young male, but he did not pry. No need to ruin what was a good mood. Just something to note to himself for later, "Still in one piece. A few new scratches but nothing too major."

Hibiki turned his attention to the horse as she came over to greet the familiar face as well. One hand moved from Cidro to rest along the mare's nose, "Nice to see you too Branwen."

Light blue gaze moved down to see the young male taking his hand in his own and tugging him towards the door. The smile along the dark male's face grew as he nodded, "Of course, lead the way."

<style>
.hibikioptimetable p {font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-transform: none; letter-spacing:1px; text-indent:30px;}
</style>
[/html]
Hibiki

[html]

He settled them down amongst the soft grass outside the stables, resting against the sturdy tree he napped under when his head was hazier than usual. Casa might still feel strange and unfamiliar, but there were areas he’d almost fully mapped out, areas he didn’t have to fear getting lost in. It was nice to feel somewhat independent again.

Branwen sauntered comfortably behind them, stopping nearby to feast on summer grasses and weeds that poked up through dirt and stone. It was a tender moment on its own, but with Hibiki here to share it with him, well… he supposed he was just thankful. Thankful to find blessings amongst all this heartache.

I suppose I should ask what brings you here, although I have a few ideas.

He twiddled a few blades of grass between his fingers.

I’m glad you came to see me now, though. If you came even just a week earlier…

His warm expression grew troubled for a moment, but he paused and tried to let the feeling pass. It was warm and pleasant out, his boyfriend was nearby, Branwen and Hibiki were here enjoying the sun with him— nothing could hurt him here.

No matter. Like I said, I’m so, so thankful you’re okay, but…

He sighed.

I asked Tessa when she came here, but she wasn’t certain. Is… is everyone okay? Kalypso, Cicely, my family, Paloma

When his face grew troubled then, it wouldn’t go away. Best not to fight it, he supposed. Hibiki had seen him worse than this.

I just… I’m so glad to see you, but my mamá hasn’t sent word, hasn’t visited, no one has told me if she’s okay…

When he titled his chin up to his friend, his eyes were unfocused, but his expression was like a child desperate for reassurance.

Has she said anything to you?

he misses his mama ;__;

[html]
<style>

</style>

</div>

</div>

[/html]
[html]

OOC: +400 words.

It was no surprise to see that Cidro would be hanging out around the stables, as it was a common place for the younger male to be found even back in the Court. The pair had moved off a bit of a ways from the structure though, laying in the shade of some of the nearby trees, giving something for the other male to lean back against. Hibiki had soon followed suit with those actions, doing the same himself.

This felt nice. It was easy to see why members of the Court would want to come here, and it helped that Casa had remained their allies even after their fall. Another thing to thank Luca for whenever he had gotten the chance.

Cidro had questioned what the darker male was doing here, and it was expected that he would be curious. Head shifted slightly to the side, looking out over the pack's vast territory, "I came here to check on you, of course. I wanted to see how you were recovering. In addition to that, I've found that I have a nephew that now lives here in Casa. I wanted to come and see him as well."

The mood had soon shifted when Cidro was talking about other members of the Court. So it seemed there was another that had been asked to come this way, Tessa, but that was one member he had not exactly been familiar with. Even so, it was nice to hear that others were considering coming to join their friends here...

And then he began to panic a bit. Well maybe not panic more so as much as worry over a certain someone, Paloma.

Hibiki couldn't help but pull his ears back slightly. The woman he spoke of was not part of the loner band that had formed, and in all the chaos of the battle, word had not gotten to him about where the woman would have gotten to. He could say for certain he could not recall her being among any they had perished from the attack, so at least there was no need to worry over her death.

A soft sigh passed through the male's lips, "I'm sorry Cidro, but I haven't heard anything from her. I'll be sure to ask Kalypso when I return and bring word back to her. She's not with those of us, but if we know of her whereabouts, I'll see about trying to convince her to come visit you. How's that sound?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Hibiki