[P] When two predators meet....
[html]
WC: 609

A single drop of crimson rolled down the surface of the knife. It reached the tip, stopping in a moment of balance, clinging to the surface of the knife, but feeling the pull of gravity. Before it could fall however, Itzal's tongue ran along the blade, enjoying the taste of the man's blood. It hadn't been much of a fight. Even with Eztli in control, the man hadn't had a chance. Eztli, as nonstrategic as he was, had more or less just lashed out at the man, aiming for vital spots, wanting to make him suffer. Itzal knew he wouldn't have time too let Eztli drag it out, which is why the kill had happened so fast. Itzal had just wanted enough to hold Eztli over. And now, looking at the dead body, the different slashes meant to torment that man, before Eztli had caught his throat, slicing from the left side of his throat down to his right collar bone. The man had died almost instantly after that, gasping for air as blood poured from the wound. It had been a satisfying display, and Eztli had been appeased for now. Itzal could feel him, he was 'sleeping' if that was what it could be called. It wouldn't be long before he bothered Itzal again. He wouldn't be as annoying though, as persistent in Itzal's head as he had been the last few days. Perhaps Itzal could actually get some peace. However short it was.

Sheathing his knives, after licking them clean, Itzal kneeled down and ran his tongue over the coyote's throat, savoring the taste of the man. If he had been hungrier and in one of his other, four feet forms, he probably would have eaten some of the coyote. But instead he just tasted some of the man's blood. Itzal's fur was bloody, mostly from the man, but also from a shallow cut on his arm. It had stopped bleeding a while ago, and now a slight sting could be felt, but Itzal barely noticed. He had had much worse. Much much worse. His hand wandered up to the scar that ran along his shoulder to his neck. His uncle had given it too him. The worst scar he had ever gotten. It was almost ironic. His uncle could be considered his ultimate enemy. It only made sense that he had received his worse scar from him. Of course, now his uncle was dead, so he supposed he had walked away with the better hand.

Sighing, Itzal stood up and stretched. He had been killing for too long. And he didn't mind. He turned to walk away, walking towards a tree and stopping, looking up at the sky, the body behind him, the snow around the body stained red. Itzal loved the snow, and something made him linger here. Part of him sensed that he wasn't alone. It was a shift, something that most people would have never noticed. But Itzal had a talent for stealth. He had a skill for going undetected. And he was cautious by nature. Something that kept him aware of his surroundings. And right now, he was being watched. "Would you like to come out, or are you just going to watch from the shadows?" He asked his unseen watcher, still staring up at the sky. But one of his hands drifted to his belt, hovering over a throwing knife. It didn't look like he was doing anything suspicious, but if he thought he had too, he would send a knife flying where ever he had too. But he would prefer not to leave two bodies so close together.

<style type="text/css">
.bloodoe b {color:#fff; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.bloodoe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px; margin:0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bf837e; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.bloodoe .input {background-color:#2e0000; opacity:0.6; margin:15px;}
.bloodoe {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#2e0000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/dDt3F.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC:// RAWR. >=3

Adari's nose was very keen. She had learned to use the sensitive organ to extract the tiniest of details from the air and decipher things that most other canines could not. She was very in tune to the scents around her, some were more obvious than others. The scent of fear for example. Sure other wolves could pick it up, but Adari's senses took it a step further. Mixed in with the heavy odor she could pick out anger and worry. Every emotion seemed to carry it's own unique aroma. Every creature, every plant had a definitive scent to make it stand out among the masses. On the wind this day, the Blaise woman could detect many things. There was a fox in heat somewhere close by, a rabbit hidden in the bushes to her left had fear scent rolling off it in waves, ahead a thick, metallic scent permeated the the air and carried on the breeze. More specifically, the scent of fresh blood.

Reining back her Gypsy horse to a stop, Adari was suddenly very cautious. Where there was spilled lifeforce their was usually the cause of the bloodshed not too far away. It could be as simple as a wounded deer, or some predator enjoying a kill, or...a dying coyote? The flame pelted wolfess was able to pick up the scent of a lone coyote under the heady smell of blood. Now she was very much on alert. Anything that attacked another predator potentially posed a threat to her and her animal companions. Qeyta, the peregrine falcon shuffled her wings in distress and Vespasian's ears swiveled all around nervously. Adari could sense the discomfort of her two companions as she slowly, silently dismounted from her stallion's back and started forward stealthily towards the source of the smell. She didn't know what she would find when she cleared the thicket of trees ahead, but she wasn't about to leave the scent uninvestigated. With a paw firmly gripped on her knife within her belt, her bow and quiver strapped to her back, Adari crept her way into the copse of trees, bi-colored eyes alert for signs of movement.

Taking extra care to make sure her pawsteps remained unheard, the closer Adari got, the more she learned of the situation she was headed into. Now that she was nearer, she could not only smell another Luperci but she determined them to be male and still young. Her mind began to throw up warning flags at this point. Had this wolf just killed one of his own kind? Adari's lips curled slightly at the thought, she just about automatically despised anyone who unjustly killed their own kind. Stopping in the shadows and peering out of the thicket, the woman now had a mostly clear view of a black wolf staring skyward with a blade in hand and the fresh corpse of a male luperci coyote at his feet. Instant disgust washed over her but before she allowed her emotions to get the better of her she heard the stranger speak, his voice smug and knowing. Damn it all, she'd been discovered. She wasn't immune to the scents of her own emotions, the male had probably picked up her apprehension as she drew closer. She was certain it hadn't been her movement that drew his attention. "Would you like to come out, or are you just going to watch from the shadows?" Adari gave a low growl at his words, throwing back her cloak's hood and stepped into view from the shadows not removing her paw from her knife and noting the stranger's own paw move towards his side as well. "Why did you kill him?" She asked flatly, in no mood for games. He had one chance to explain himself and he'd better have a good excuse.

Eyes remained locked intensely on the stranger, studying him, blazing with distrust and suspicion. Adari remained stiff and held her ground, ears slightly pulled back in warning, but she was not dumb enough to get much closer than she already was. She wanted to avoid potentially becoming his next victim. Tail swishing slowly back and forth the orange female bared her teeth slightly and spoke dangerously even. "There's very few good reasons for killing one's own kin, speak!" She practically barked the last word. She could almost pick up the male's dark aura just in the few moments she'd been in his presence. Unless he proved to her otherwise, Adari was fully prepared to do the world a service and rid it of the murderous bastard. But she was a fair sport and would withhold (most) judgement till after he spoke.
coding and image by westy
[/html]
[html]
WC: 668

This always complicated things. It was rare that anyone stumbled upon Itzal at one of Eztli's kills. Normally because he didn't linger once he had control back. But this time he had. He had wanted to taste the coyote, and had taken his time doing so, and because of that he now had a complicated situation on his hands. Itzal turned so he was facing the orange female directly, his eye sweeping over her and his left hand twirling a throwing knife in it. Yes, this was a complicated situation. He could tell this female would fight him if she had too. From the way she held herself, with confidence, and the torn ear and scared eye, he could tell she knew how to handle herself. She had been in her share of fights. Of course, so had he. And they had both walked away victories, to both meet at this point. He knew if it came down to a fight, one of their journeys, their lives, would end here. That was something he wanted to avoid if he could. He didn't think it would be his life, part of him considered himself the ultimate predator after all, but to take the life of another who seemed to have earned her survival was something he would like to avoid.

He didn't let anything show on his face, his eyes emotionless and his face expressionless. Itzal had walls to hide what he was thinking and feeling. He could control his emotions better than most, control being the one thing he needed to survive. He had learned to control his emotions when he had discovered that Eztli could use them, manipulate them to take control. If he didn't want to someone to know what he was feeling, it would be hard for them to find out. If he didn't want to feel, then he didn't.

That was what made him such an efficient killer. He didn't feel for those he killed. Ever since Eztli had been born, he felt nothing when he took another life. His brain had snapped, creating a defense in his mind, blocking off a section and pouring everything he felt with each kill he made to survive into it. And the consequence had been the monster in his head. Eztli felt nothing for others, the only thing that he lived for, that he existed for, was to kill and cause others pain and suffering. If Itzal didn't keep control over him, if he let Eztli take control and keep it, the bodies would pile up until Eztli, and Itzal along with him, were killed.

Itzal thought about how he should answer the female. It was obvious she wanted an answer from her tone. Her tone amused him and irritated him at the same time. She wouldn't understand if he tried to explain that he killed the man to keep control of his crazy, murderous split personality. But Itzal didn't feel like lying, so he just figured he would bend the truth a little. He glanced at the body and then back at her and sighed. "Calm down." He said as she barked her last words at him. They were meeting on neutral ground, and if she believed that she could bark orders at him then she was mistaken. And if he let her she would feel in command of the situation. "I did what I had to too survive. Just like if you were to attack me I would do what was necessary for my own survival. And I expect you would do the same." He said, his voice flat and emotionless. He glanced at the knife in her hand and then back at her, letting her know that there was a warning in his words. He would defend himself if she attacked him. And one of them would die. He was sure she could figure that out. There was a body lying not ten feet from her that was proof. Dead proof.

<style type="text/css">
.bloodoe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px; margin:0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bf837e; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.bloodoe {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#2e0000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/dDt3F.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; }
</style>

[/html]
OOC: WC: 571

IC: Continuing to hold her ground without fear, Adari watched the black male with an unwavering gaze. Her hackles remained raised as she tried to anticipate any twitch of movement the wolf would make. The scent of blood was starting to sting her nose making it difficult for her to read the other by his scent. This bothered the Blaise woman greatly. Tail still slowly twitching, she tightened her grip on her knife as he finally spoke. "Calm down." Adari gave another soft defiant growl at that but allowed him to continue. His yellow eyes showed very little emotion as he gave his explanation. The same went for his tone of voice. It unsettled Adari. "I did what I had to to survive. Just like if you were to attack me I would do what was necessary for my own survival. And I expect you would do the same." As he finished, Adari caught his threatening stare with her own and she held his gaze, narrowing hers as she debated on whether or not she believed him. She wasn't afraid to fight him, but if she could avoid such an interaction she would do so gladly. Still remaining on her gaurd, she gave a slow nod and let her hackles lay flat again though her expression remained stony and her paw stayed on her knife.

The male was heavily armed, which still made Adari wary, but then again, if she really thought about it, she pretty much was too. If he wanted to kill her, he wouldn't have answered her question, he would have just attacked. At least they had one thing in common in the moment. They both really didn't feel like shedding more blood. After a tense moment of silence the woman snorted softly, clearing her nose. "I would defend myself against you most definitely, stranger..." She spoke icily and emphasized the one word indicating she still didn't fully trust him but paused before continued a little less harshly. She had no proof of any senseless murder, she could not treat the male like a criminal unless she had proof of it. "But a fight would solve nothing in this situation I suppose." She very slowly relaxed her position and instead of gripping her knife, lay her paw on it lightly ready to use it at a moment's notice if she needed to. "What's done is done." She gave a slow sigh taking in the male with bi-colored eyes. "What'd you do to piss him off anyways?" She asked with a slight smirk, her tone a little teasing, nodding to the body at his feet. She didn't want to make things more difficult for longer than they needed to be, her question wasn't meant to intrude but more to lessen the tension.

Absently flicking an ear in the direction of where she'd left Vespasian and Qeyta in the trees beyond, Adari sighed. As soon as she was certain the dark pelted man was no longer a threat, she'd call them back to her side. She didn't want them in the middle of a fight if she could avoid it. Focusing again on her company she introduced herself as simply as she could. "I'm Adari by the way... What do I call you oh dark one?" She asked with another smirk and a hint of playful nature in her tone. The quicker the conversation moved away from their standoff, the better.
[html]
WC: 455

Deep yellow eyes watched the female as she thought about what was best here. It took her a moment, but Itzal could see she had reached the same conclusion as he had. He watched her hackles lower and he waited for her to speak. There were a few moments of silent tension before she finally spoke. In those moments Itzal wasn't sure what to expect. His body appeared relaxed but he was watching her for any little signs, the tightening of a muscle, the flicker of emotion in her eyes, anything that would tell him she was about to attack. Itzal wouldn't be caught off guard. When she finally spoke, he listened to each of her words carefully, still keeping a watchful eye on her. He caught her emphasis and her message, but he didn't acknowledged it. Instead he waited until she had finished talking and she had relaxed before he nodded and relaxed his own position, putting his throwing knife back in its sheath. If he had to he could draw it and throw it before she had taken three steps. "Good to see we are both of the same opinion on that matter." He said, allowing his tone to soften. He still watched her closely, not trusting her. He had learned all to well that to relax around someone gave them an opening he couldn't afford to let them have.

Itzal glanced over at the body and shrugged, looking back at the female. "I'm not too sure honestly. I think he had a kill stashed around here some where and he was worried I was trying to find it and take it." It was believable enough given the time of year. Prey was hard to come by for some, though Itzal himself had never had that problem, and it would be enough to fight over. He grinned and looked at the body again, "If only he hadn't been so territorial, he would still be alive and his kill untouched by me." Itzal said, shaking his head slowly. Finally he looked up at her, feeling some of the tension in the air dissolving. That was good. If the tension was dissolving it means she was letting the matter of the dead body go. Something that would benefit them both. As she introduced herself Itzal gave a guarded smile as she inquired about his own name. "Hello Adari, you can call me Itzal. Unless of course you prefer 'oh dark one'." He said, his tone playful in return. "Where are you from Adari? Are you just passing through or do you live in a pack nearby?" He asked, figuring that they might as well carry on a conversation now that they had introduced themselves.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]