[P] The Fun House
Quilo took in the sights as he followed Nyx and the two sons. He paused only for a moment as his eyes fell upon wooden buildings, before realizing they were heading exactly in that direction. Despite not seeing anyone around, he figured everyone had something to keep them busy considering it was a small group, and he was fine with that. Besides, he had more important things on his mind at Nyx's mention of food. Almost as if to spite him, his stomach grumbled lightly, letting him know that there was going to be no refusal at this point. His tail wagged gently behind him as he followed into the wooden building and looked around at the tables, his nose twitching at the smells of the cooked foodstuffs. There were even plates and utensils he had seen used so many times, yet always wondered why, as he never desired to use them himself.

He examined the cut trunk table, the recently used fireplace, wrinkled his nose at the smell of the fermented barrels, and let his mouth water a bit at the bundles of herbs and the strung up meats. It was all so...unnatural yet genuine at the same time. Being accustomed to living as a non-luperci for his entire life came with a few prejudices that were nevertheless harmless, and he kept them to himself, though it may have been obvious that he was a little uncomfortable.

So it's a group of luperci then, unless like me, non-luperci's lived here among them. Bittersweet memories played across his eyes but he shook himself of them.

His eyes fell upon hers as she spoke, doing a double-take at her words and at all the food around him. He bowed his head sheepishly.

"I wouldn't feel right taking a meal while you all watch me eat, especially when I'm being offered a free meal despite making sure I pay equivalently. Perhaps we could all enjoy a meal together? If not, I'll be fine with taking a cut of venison with some vegetables, just one plate will be perfect, thank you."

Despite being a non-luperci and living his life that way, one thing he had picked up from an early age were his manners, at least most of them. He was going to destroy that food after she placed in front of him, no plate or utensils necessary, polite or not. Honestly at the point he was, he would have jumped on the slab of meat if she had suddenly tossed it onto the ground outside. He licked his lips just thinking about it.
Walks, "Talks", and thinks.

Messages In This Thread
The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 16 September 2020, 06:31 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 03:32 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 06:05 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 06:37 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 07:35 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 10:53 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 18 September 2020, 12:15 AM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 18 September 2020, 12:30 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 18 September 2020, 03:39 PM