[P] one of them will be me watching you run
He thought, by the way she stared at the table, that they would need to make plans to build a new one. Perhaps she was dismantling his face the way she meant to back in Portland.

Come near me again, she had said, and I’ll make sure your father’s vile bloodline ends with you.

Tiamat turned to him, and to his relief, they were spared the expense.

He drummed his fingers on the table once, a thoughtful look on his face.

“In the past, we haven’t seen eye to eye,” he said, charitably. “So let me paint a picture for you. My Troupe and I pour our blood and sweat and tears into making this beautiful establishment. We work hard to forge connections with the people to the west, to the north, and eventually, we hope in all directions.” He looked at her, and his smile faded. “Then one day, who strolls in but my long lost siblings and their brigade? All magnificent warriors, their past full of bloodshed and triumph and glory.”

Except, perhaps, whatever happened with them and Jethro and Marlowe.

“You were certainly quick to make a profit off our stories of glory.”

“That’s true. Nothing’s sacred, but you know that, don’t you?” She hacked away at all things—enemies, traditions, family alike. He didn’t have to smile anymore. “If you’re not here to find our missing friend, then what hell are you plotting?”

The door opened again, and this time, the one who came through was no other than their youngest sibling. She spotted them with a wave and began to make her way over. As Calrian stood, so did Tiamat.

“If you start a war, Tiamat,” he said to her, his voice low. “You’ll be on your own.”
(—) | NPCs:
raise a glass to freedom!

Messages In This Thread
RE: one of them will be me watching you run - by Calrian Amaranthe - 3 May 2021, 12:34 PM