[P] After-Dinner Deja Vu

[Image: xgRdJ0Q.png]   

Grey eyes looked on somewhat pensively, her thoughts disparate from the task at hand as she slowly lifted her end of the platter and shared the weight of it with him, taking special care to guide them around so that she was walking backward with the platter and he was able to more comfortably walk forward with it. “Tell me if you need a moment. I’m in no rush,” she’d explain, but left it at that. The offer was there but she didn’t want to risk sounding patronizing. Rather, she’d shift the subject. In the end she couldn’t help but mention that “You, and your brother, too… you remind me of home.” My, my! Quite a thing to say to a stranger, for sure. “Not that I know either of you, of course. It’s just the face. Your coats. The size. Forgive me if that sounds strange.” 

All that confided, she’d tuck her ears and averted her gaze somewhat. Self-conscious. For a little while thereafter she focused on getting them out of the dining hall and on their way to making it outside, eyes on where she was going rather than on him so that she didn’t risk tripping on the steps quite like she was tripping over her attempts at idle conversation. With each step her nacre beads and seashell charms would chime to create a kind of music to fill any pockets of quiet between them. “Caledonia is a far shore from where I’m from. It’s nice to find some familiarity. It was also nice to… find something unfamiliar? I’ve never been to a feast before. It was quite something.” There we go! Another, better attempt. Less awkwardly interpersonal, too.

[+294]

[Image: gUI3G0I.png]

Messages In This Thread
After-Dinner Deja Vu - by Celaeno Bonecarver - 2 September 2021, 11:28 AM
RE: After-Dinner Deja Vu - by Ierian Songthorn - 3 September 2021, 08:36 PM
RE: After-Dinner Deja Vu - by Celaeno Bonecarver - 4 September 2021, 12:21 AM
RE: After-Dinner Deja Vu - by Ierian Songthorn - 26 September 2021, 09:54 PM
RE: After-Dinner Deja Vu - by Celaeno Bonecarver - 5 October 2021, 12:37 AM
RE: After-Dinner Deja Vu - by Ierian Songthorn - 8 October 2021, 09:45 PM