World Territories + Boats
Halloo! Alexander is going to be a second character in a couple of weeks and already is has a background that I haven't fleshed out yet. He has spent some time in Egypt and while perusing through the wiki I ran across al-Iskandariyya/Alexandria which would be a perfect area for him to have resided for a year or two. I was wondering who to make a request to about adding him if the owner is inactive. Not sure, but I just wanted to double check before a fundamental law of physics or what not was broken.

Thank you!

Also boats. How skilled are Luperci in the art of boat making, whether they be tiny ones that can be used on lakes/rivers or huge frigates that can cross oceans? And what is the likely hood of finding abandoned boats, small or medium or not?
The Wiki lists the area's creator as Popz who, while inactive ICly, is a pretty active lurker, so you're in luck! I'm pretty sure you can reach her via PM on this account or via email, if desired.

For future reference though, if an area creator is inactive, you're pretty much out of luck as far as having a character pass through/having resided in an area they created unless they've already specified that it's fine. Even for inactive players though, if you can find one of their accounts, you can probably still contact them via email. :>

Small boats shouldn't be too difficult for Luperci to make, and if they have the provisions for the journey, it isn't impoooosssible for Luperci to cross the ocean in a smallish boat. The larger and more complex though, the less likely a Luperci would be able to manage it, especially on his own. It is nearly impossible for Luperci to have the labour, means, motivation, or collective skill to create a large ship or vessel of similar size. It is technically also unlikely for Luperci to come across abandoned boats of that caliber, though we've historically been pretty okay with that, with the note that it would take a lot of time/effort/knowledge to restore a large shipwrecked/abandoned ship.

kiri is a butthead; avatar by dwudles
commissions are OPEN
Yay, thank you! This helps me quite a lot and has cleared up a few things for me for areas, in case I overstep myself. I've shot her pm aout it, though if not a second option I was looking at is the city Asyut/Lykopolis. My character supposedly will have relations (prodgeny? lover) in Egypt once his history is filled out, not sure how many though. May explore a it more through Lasky.

All righty, that makes a lot of sense technology. So, aside from the larger ships, smaller vessels could e made if needed without too much of a hassel. If the character was a loner and wanted to make a medium sized vessel that required a few more hands should that take place outside of 'Souls if only Luperci not part of 'Souls were added to the construction? Hmm, could e made into a plot with 'Soulsters he doesn't know, though he does own a horse or two. Shipwreck? Or if my character were to arrive from across seas, it would most likely take place outside 'Souls, taking in the amount of Luperci to operate it and the allotted cNPCs?
lol, redwall influence here.
Quote: If the character was a loner and wanted to make a medium sized vessel that required a few more hands should that take place outside of 'Souls if only Luperci not part of 'Souls were added to the construction?

Sorry, this is a super long sentence with no punctuation that I'm having trouble parsing/understanding. ^^;;;

But yes, even a medium-sized vessel would typically require multiple hands to operate it. This is possible with NPCs, though you are only allowed to bring one cNPC to the board alongside your played character. If you only need them to operate the ship to get your character to North America, you could have them shipwreck and then go their separate ways. Or, a lot of people land boats in Freetown and then bring just their characters to 'Souls. It would probably not be allowed for you to land a ship and full crew on 'Souls territories as that would require more NPCs than allowed.

kiri is a butthead; avatar by dwudles
commissions are OPEN
i'm sorry, i went ahead and opened up alexandria! D;
any minute now, my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
I'll stand on the bow, feel the waves come crashing
come crashing down, down on me..