[P] Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger
For Leon
Backdated to the 28th at around dusk (if that's cool, hon)

A heart's greatest flaw is that it is eternal; one who has been gifted with one from birth will suffer the burden of it for the rest of their life.

He'd been a quiet man; the largest hybrid in the commune had had the smallest voice. The band's resident bear of a Luperci had been through things Delilah couldn't even imagine. He'd tended to her wounds the first few nights alongside Magdalene. Introduced himself as Brutus. Always imparted some sort of wisdom before he left to stand watch outside the shack for the night; to provide an extra sense of security for their traumatized newcomer.

A heart's greatest flaw is that it is eternal.

Delilah had stopped shaking as much when she needed to get away from it all. A short, severe panic attack she could handle; it was better than an hours long sense of desperate unease that culminated in her hyperventilating until she started to black out.

The scarred hybrid might've been a bit more fucked up than she'd have liked to admit, but she'd survive. She'd endure.

That was why the cocoa-hued woman had scented out Leon's cave. Delilah had gotten fairly close to the male prior to her capture, though their relationship had become strained in the months that followed her brother's death. It's not like either had done anything wrong; they'd simply seen less and less of each other. She'd been keeping an eye on Lorelei's kid quite a bit, after all. Between that, other clan duties, and grieving.. Well, it's not like the Tirones had had the time to cultivate close relationships. Delilah wasn't even sure if she'd wanted to do so at the time. She needed a safety net now, though; if Leon would be a part of that, the scarred Infernian be incredibly grateful.

She gave a yip of greeting to announce her presence; if the man was home, he'd hear her. Unless he was asleep of course, but it was still pretty early for that. Too late for Delilah to patrol, but too early to pass out in the Great Village where she could rest relatively soundly.
[Image: delilah-av_zps1aeeabea.png]
Delilah is in Optime form unless otherwise specified.
avatar by Suga, signature by Kiri
[html]

Leon Bloodmane
Cursed is the man who dies, but the evil done by him survives

One eye cracked open, and then the other. Staring, Leon could only observe Inila up close on rare occasions, and this was one of them. The Barred Owl sat perched upon his head, as she sometimes did when she needed to wake him for something important. But something stopped him from getting up right away.

“Funny, I thought I heard you bark just now.” The male snorted, the beginning of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. Inila only glared on before fluffing her feathers and taking flight.

“Visiterssss” the avian hissed before shooting Leon another glare, and taking flight out of his cave.

Leon looked on after her, rolling his eyes before letting out a long deserved yawn. He stretched his legs upon his bear pelt bedding, each one giving off a crack and pop. Then, with the last of his joints loosened and popped, the Hybrid picked himself up, and slowly made his way through the narrow entrance of his dwelling

“By the ancestors, who knew a bird could hold a grudge this long…” the Hybrid mumbled before his speech trailed off. He blinked, allowing the rays of daylight adjust his vision. The moment he breached his cave, he thought he had seen a ghost.

He would have said her name aloud, but he was still half asleep, and reality hadn’t quite sunk in yet. Either way though, Leon smiled. It was a warm welcoming smile, and any doubts he had were quickly washed away when her sent hit his nose.

She was real.

She was not a nightmare.

“Delilah” Leon spoke calmly, quickly approaching the woman and giving her a friendly nudge in the leg with his nose. He didn’t stop there as he did a swift 360 around the obviously taller formed individual. “Your back, I…I thought that when you vanished, you had left Inferni for good” He stopped in front of her, still smiling despite the fact he had to look up to meet her eyes.

“It is good to see you again, my friend”

((Form: Lupus))
[/html]
Delilah couldn't have chosen a worse time to peer into the male's cave; she'd ducked out of the way of the wayward owl just in time, covering her head with both arms as if the thing would attack. Thankfully, animal had no interest in her. It simply wished to escape the underground dwelling whence it came.

As she heard pawsteps from within the cave, the scarred hybrid straightened up as a reflex. If she stood tall, she could see what was coming. She could escape faster and fight better. Delilah had to always be at an advantage. The adrenaline high keeping her stiff as a board caused her hands to shake and her mouth to turn dry. This was Leon she was so worried about; he'd always been there for her and she was fucking scared of him. What was wrong with her? Regardless, her fingertips didn't stop twitching until the man stepped into the fading light of dusk. He smiled. He smiled at her.

“Delilah”

Leon nudged her leg with his nose, and the cocoa-hued woman had to resist the urge to let her knees buckle. He'd seen it. He'd surely seen it. When the male walked around her, her heart began to thump wildly in her chest; he was safe, but anyone being behind her without express permission was terribly uncomfortable for the female. “Your back, I…I thought that when you vanished, you had left Inferni for good” Everyone had seemed to think that. “It is good to see you again, my friend”

When he'd stopped back in front of her, Delilah forced herself to return his smile. The expression on her face was weak and it was broken, but it was also sincere. No matter how much her legs shook from the effort of standing and holding herself together, her smile was as genuine as it could be. "I was kidnapped," She said bluntly, a curt edge to her tone, "I never exactly intended on disappearing." The woman paused for a moment before asking, "How have you been? Doing good?"

Delilah could only hope he was, because she clearly wasn't. Despite feeling the need to properly explain herself for the umpteenth time, she didn't. That could wait.
[html]

Leon Bloodmane

It seemed to hit the Hybrid like a brick to the frontal lobe. He hadn’t noticed Delilah’s face, which was barely holding back some sort of pain she had hold up inside of her. At least not until now. Leon’s smile dropped casual, as he awoke from some imaginary veil that had covered his eyes overnight. He slowly took in more of Delilah’s features, his eyes widening at the sight of a healed gash on her shoulder, as well as the patch of scarred skin.

It was all too much too soon. The Hybrid had to take a few shaky steps back before being able to get his anger under control. His teeth gnashed together, grinding at the thoughts of what had happened. What MIGHT have happened.

“What?” He said quietly, almost as a whisper when Delilah told him of what had happened. Leon looked to the side while bearing his teeth near to cracking, his breathing slow and restrained. Though he was one step below breathing fire.

He all but ignored Delilah’s last question.

“They…” Leon quickly got his breathing under control for the last time, his fur bristling at the thought of calming down now, though the thought of scaring Delilah off wasn’t worth it. Not now when she possibly came to him for some kind of support. He had so many questions, but the last thing he knew she needed was an interrogation.

Looking back up at the cocoa-hued coyote, his anger had turned to concern, his ears splaying backwards against his head.

“Are you alright?” It was a stupid question, he knew it was, and it was bad enough he already virtually knew the answer. But it was better then his previous questions, which would have been ‘They didn’t hurt you… did they?’ or ‘Please point me in their direction, and I’ll bring you back their freshly carved out skulls for you to piss in while I make their colorful fur’s into fancy door mats for the mansion.’

He kept looking up at Delilah with growing concern, though he didn’t dare smile again.

((ooc))
[/html]
When Leon sobered up, Delilah knew she was in for his brand of vicious loyalty. It almost made her laugh; he really was one of the only Luperci in Inferni that the scarred woman could trust to do anything to protect his kin. It was terrifying, in a way.

“What?” Leon bristled as if he'd been hooked up to a live wire at the confirmation of her fate.

She felt a strange sort of comfort warm her from the inside out. Knowing that the male before her felt such a ferocity toward what she'd suffered through felt like home. The female's fingers still shook, but she did not doubt her friend's loyalty; that was true even after all this time. Still, it was tempting to turn tail and take off at her clanmate's rage. He didn't deserve that, though. The emotion wasn't directed at her, but at her captors. Leon wouldn't hurt her.

“They…” The man didn't finish, though he forced himself to calm considerably for Delilah's sake. She let herself breathe a sigh of relief at that; he'd heard it surely, but the chocolate colored woman couldn't bring herself to care. “Are you alright?” He then asked.

Delilah snorted; he already knew the answer, yet he asked anyway. She offered a broken, pained smile and replied, "I mean, as good as any chick can be after being kidnapped and raped repeatedly, y'know? I'm making due. Being alone scares the piss out of me, but I'm bunking with some of our lovely clanmates in the village overnight; it's helping." She scrubbed her fingers through her hair, her breathing coming out slightly ragged. The confession of what had truly gone down had just slipped out.

"Two are dead, the ones who raped me. The last might be coming to look for me, but I'm safe now," Delilah paused for a second, her voice faltering as she asked, "Right?" The shame overtook her faster than she could rationalize it and move on; Leon would find her weak and worthless. She knew he would. She should have fought them off, she should have..

It took a second for the scarred coywolf to realize she'd collapsed and curled in on herself. Her bad shoulder ached from the impact, but she didn't give a fuck. Delilah was so not okay and if Leon didn't react with an appropriate level of concern, she'd tear him a new asshole once she stopped hyperventilating.
[html]

Leon Bloodmane

Red

That’s all Leon could see after hearing Delilah’s answer. He was having a hard time concentrating on his pack mate at all, the lines of his reality blinded between rage, and the need to keep himself together. No. He won’t scare Delilah. Not with his need to avenge her, or his obsessive need to bite of the limb of the nearest prey animal he could get his paws on. No. He was better than that. The Hybrid absent mindedly closed his eyes, making sure to focus on the dirt he felt between his paws. Dirt that was cold and lifeless, and not warm and squishy like blood or chunks of gore.

Cold. Lifeless. Dirt

Opening his eyes, Leon was nearly thrown into a panic. He saw Delilah on the ground, curled in on herself, and he would have just about flung himself over her to act as a shield if he had seen any visible blood. Luckily his approach was fast, and not so panicked as his conscious was telling him to be. He circled around her once before wedging his snout in between the ground and the woman’s head, or at least where her head would be if she weren’t curled up into a ball. Leon then proceeded to lay down beside her, his back acting as a natural pillow.

It probably wasn’t a good idea. Leon KNEW it wasn’t a good idea, but what else could he do? Physical contact was probably the last thing Delilah wanted, or needed. He probably would have groomed her if that wasn’t such a wolfish or intimate thing to do. But when was the last time Leon had to comfort an emotionally compromised female?

Usually when his sister had mental psychotic break downs…

An emotionally AND physically compromised female?

Never

And so Leon did what came naturally, and whimpered in concern for his pack mate before remembering the rest of what the woman said.

“Delilah” he began, his voice smooth without a hint of aggression. “You are within the borders of a pack who decorate their homes with severed wolf skulls. If this monster has any brains he cares to keep, he’ll stay away. And if he doesn’t, then we’ll add him to the border like every other monster that came before him. And trust me when I say that there isn’t a shortage of Infernians who would be happy to do just that, whether he comes or not.”

The male nudged the woman gently with his nose. “You are safe. I have your back, as does the rest of Inferni”

((ooc))
[/html]
Her breath came out in ragged gasps and the world might as well have stopped, her heart practically aching behind her ribs from how violently it was beating. She'd have rather been dead in that moment than living in this unnecessary torment, especially when she felt something prod her. She expelled a low whine from her lungs when she realized who the muzzle belonged to, and she flinched when he laid down beside her; couldn't he see how much she didn't deserve his pity? She was tainted and weak. Weak and pathetic and... Home. Home and safe.

A heart's greatest flaw is that it is eternal; one who has been gifted with one from birth will suffer the burden of it for the rest of their life.

Delilah forced herself to breath. Leon was present and here, and she had to calm down. She was safe now, and the last thing anyone needed was her panicking. He was speaking to her too; she didn't hear most of it, but he was saying something. Regardless, his tone was soothing and she uncurled slightly as he spoke, electing to use him as a pillow as she tried to slow her heart rate. Her limbs were still shaking and her head was still pounding, but the scarred hybrid could think again. Think of simple things and her strengths and the implications of what the dark male behind her was saying.

She waited for him to finish before she rolled over and pressed her nose into his fur. "Thank you," She mumbled, "Thank you so much." She then paused for a second, before asking, "I'm too lazy to walk all the way back to the Great Village; can I sleep here tonight?" The scarred hybrid was too exhausted to care about imposing on Leon's night at this point; if he was going to have her back, he could fucking show it.
[html]

Leon Bloodmane

Leon blinked and raised his brow in confusion, uncertain of what to make of Delilah’s request. “Sure, But I have just one question.” Leon adopted a serious expression. “Would I need to fluff myself while making the guest bed?.” Leon’s expression slowly turned into a toothy grin, showing he was speaking in jest. He slowly got up, half expecting to get hit in the back of the head for his joke, and timing of said joke before making his way back over to his caves entrance.

He looked over his shoulder at Delilah. “Come in whenever you’re ready. If you’re hungry, I have some dried jerky in the back loft.” He looked back, ready to precede back into the darkness when something stopped him. He looked down at the ground before turning his whole body around to face the scarred woman.

“And Delilah. Don’t take this the wrong way but… my cave is always open to you… if you ever have trouble sleeping that is…” Leon said, refraining from mentioning the obvious fact that his cave was just a big gaping hole in the side of a hill, tis was always open to any living creature. But that was beside the point.

The Hybrid offered a smile before disappearing into the unlit darkness of his dwelling, him glancing back only but once.

((ooc))
[/html]
Pretty sure we can end this here, lest you want to reply again; I'd love another thread sometime soon, hon

Still recovering from her attack, the Tirones felt her blood run cold when Leon had a question. Would it be about her assault? Would he demand details before she could come inside? Horrible possibilities swirled around in her head. Then came the punchline. Delilah stared at him for a few seconds, and then she groaned in exasperation. "You scared me, you prick." She said as he turned to go inside, a weak smile creeping onto her muzzle. Leon was an ass, but he cared. That was what mattered.

Nodding in response, she slowly began to push herself to her feet. Her stomach was rolling too much for food, but it might prove useful come morning; that is, if the male still welcomed Delilah's presence. It was entirely possible he wouldn't, though that seemed out of character for the dark-furred man. Leon had always been very kind and accommodating to her, even when she wasn't sure she deserved.

When he turned back around to face her, Delilah looked at him with a curious expression. Then, slowly, she began to smile again. It looked broken and slightly skewed, but it was sincere. "Seriously, Leon? You know I'd rip your balls off if you tried anything. Don't worry." That certainly seemed to be what her clan mate was concerned about; the cocoa colored woman knew he knew better. She knew he wasn't that kind of Luperci; there had been preexisting misgivings about her head captor, and the acts he performed against the Tirones were as monstrous as they were unsurprising. Leon wasn't like that. He didn't make her wary like so many others did. Almost as an afterthought, she offered him a genuine, "Thank you."

It had been hard to return his smile, but such things were important. They meant progress. Once she was comfortably upright, Delilah followed Leon into his cave. She wouldn't sleep as soundly as she'd have liked, but it would work. It would still feel safe.