Dale's Free Character Designs
(14 January 2022, 11:50 PM)Dale Wrote: There's this type of merle called a "roaned" merle, in which darker spots of color are flecked throughout the merle pattern like ticking is with roaned white dogs. In this next design, I combined a roaned merle with ticked roan piebald and tan white. Though not obvious because merle will appear on masks, the design has an extensive mask marking that hides the pips and tan on the face. The physical build of this mutt suggests high-content dog heritage.

Preview image:
[Image: BYKPwJb.png]

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/2Ga17aw.png

oh my GOD, could i claim this one Dale?? ♥
Of course, veldt! I'll send you a PM soon.
(17 April 2021, 11:21 AM)Dale Wrote: This is another design that was removed to be used for an adoptable characters. As I'm not an active player and only active players can put up adoptable characters, I'm sticking it back in here for someone else to claim.

Preview image:

[Image: EWXALZM.png]

Link to Full Sized Image: https://i.imgur.com/EWXALZM.png

Any chance I could grab this fella?
Absolutely! I'll send you a PM shortly.
This is another design that uses a free base from Pixabay. It heavily resembles a setter or spaniel in its build, but its parentage is up to you. The markings are Irish white and a blue merle saddle (with mask) on a red base.

Edit: Claimed by Pabs on 16th Jan., 2022!
(15 January 2022, 09:14 PM)Dale Wrote: This is another design that uses a free base from Pixabay. It heavily resembles a setter or spaniel in its build, but its parentage is up to you. The markings are Irish white and a blue merle saddle (with mask) on a red base.

Preview image:

[Image: YBbbYI0.png]

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/LqPzPgY.png

could... could I claim this one please?? :3c
Sure Pabs! I'll send you a PM soon with info.
This design uses one of Despi's free-to-use bases - specifically, the Golden Jackal base. I had a jackal-dog or jackal-hybrid in mind for this design, but it could also work for a coyote hybrid or whatever you desire. The coat pattern is slate merle with Dalmatian-type ticking on its white markings. Around its neck is a savage roccale (or "wolf collar"), which has been used for centuries to stop wolves from attacking the necks of dogs. This design's roccale is slightly-rusted and well-worn, but its sharp spikes would still be a nasty surprise to many. Maybe it used to herd animals or has herding dog heritage, and wears the collar as a result?

Edit: Claimed by Jazzy on 17th Jan., 2022!
(17 January 2022, 03:51 PM)Dale Wrote: This design uses one of Despi's free-to-use bases - specifically, the Golden Jackal base. I had a jackal-dog or jackal-hybrid in mind for this design, but it could also work for a coyote hybrid or whatever you desire. The coat pattern is slate merle with Dalmatian-type ticking on its white markings. Around its neck is a savage roccale (or "wolf collar"), which has been used for centuries to stop wolves from attacking the necks of dogs. This design's roccale is slightly-rusted and well-worn, but its sharp spikes would still be a nasty surprise to many. Maybe it used to herd animals or has herding dog heritage, and wears the collar as a result?

Preview image:

[Image: 5ulGGsJ.png]

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/1cIBRut.png

Could I claim this lovely design? <3
Of course! I'll send you a PM soon.
This design uses a base by the 'Souls player Rat, as well as some assets from OpenClipart. They bear strange scars that could lead to many plot points: the initials "SPQR" on the inside of their right wrist, and a cobra impaled or entwined with a spear branded or carved into their left hip. (There might even be matching scars to those mentioned, if you so choose.) Around their neck is a long leather cord with a copper medallion on it, fashioned to resemble an eagle or another bird of prey. The SPQR could stand for "Senātus Populusque Rōmānus", which is a Latin phrase that means "The Senate and People of Rome", or could it be some other abbreviation. The snake on its hip could be a cultural identifier, a warlike take on the caduceus, the protective Egyptian deity Wadjet and a pharaoh's spear, or a symbol of the daily defeat of Apep, the Egyptian god of utter chaos and destruction. Breedwise, this is probably a high-content dog or dog mix, with Kuvacz, molossoid, Anatolian Shepherd, Pyrenees, Central Asian shepherd, collie, and other working/guarding/herding dog breeds in its blood. Colorwise, it's an isabella saddled merle with a mask and Irish white on a silver base.

Ultimately, the choice of character details is up to you.

Edit: Claimed by Aspen on 18th Jan., 2022!
(17 January 2022, 11:37 PM)Dale Wrote: This design uses a base by the 'Souls player Rat, as well as some assets from OpenClipart. They bear strange scars that could lead to many plot points: the initials "SPQR" on the inside of their right wrist, and a cobra impaled or entwined with a spear branded or carved into their left hip. (There might even be matching scars to those mentioned, if you so choose.) Around their neck is a long leather cord with a copper medallion on it, fashioned to resemble an eagle or another bird of prey. The SPQR could stand for "Senātus Populusque Rōmānus", which is a Latin phrase that means "The Senate and People of Rome", or could it be some other abbreviation. The snake on its hip could be a cultural identifier, a warlike take on the caduceus, the protective Egyptian deity Wadjet and a pharaoh's spear, or a symbol of the daily defeat of Apep, the Egyptian god of utter chaos and destruction. Breedwise, this is probably a high-content dog or dog mix, with Kuvacz, molossoid, Anatolian Shepherd, Pyrenees, Central Asian shepherd, collie, and other working/guarding/herding dog breeds in its blood. Colorwise, it's an isabella saddled merle with a mask and Irish white on a silver base.

Ultimately, the choice of character details is up to you,

Preview image:

[Image: utnFS5I.png]

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/7XUGbD1.png

CAN I HAVE THIS ONE PLEASE
Yes, yes you can! I'll send you a PM shortly.
(14 January 2022, 05:46 PM)Dale Wrote: This design is a messy one. I wanted to do more with it, but the ticked roaning seems to do so much more for designs that don't have complicated color palettes. I settled on giving some silver bangles to one leg as a compromise. Once again, the base comes from the stock site Pixabay.

Preview image:

[Image: BNxFrE7.png]

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/Z4QSOas.png

Would it be cool if I grabbed this sweet ginger lady?

Then why do I feel so immensely alone
This can't be the end of my story
Onward I go once again
Fighting my way to my F I N A L   B R E A T H
Absolutely! I'll send you a PM soon.