[P] we're all heroes
p. Aspirin / blackmoor castle / night-time
[html]

Can this be back-dated to sometime in January?[290]

The night painted the sky a deep purple and breathed a thick fog that clouded up the cool air. It looked to be rather dark outside, and the cold air was beginning to nip at the young coyote's toes. Looking up at the castle that stood before her, Nora couldn't help but feel a pang of curiosity mixed with a very strong fear. It was this curiosity of hers that lead her to, very cautiously, walk inside the mighty fortress.

A shrill, piercing shriek erupted from the canine's throat as she felt a small little spider tickle the very tip of her ear. Fearfully, she shook her head - the spider flying off of her ear and landing back on the ground. The luperci ventured forth - her head held high, which was rather unusual for her, and her tail waving, in a seemingly confident manner, in the air. The girl wandered into a small room - noticing the wooden door that was left ajar. As soon as she stepped into the room, the door slammed shut; leaving her in the dark since there were no windows.

Her breathing grew heavy. "Oh no! I shouldn't have gone in here in the first place... I'm going to die! I'm going to die!" she thought to herself as she began to panic. The coyote turned back toward the door and scratched nervously at it - her long tongue drooping out of her black muzzle. The female then walked away from the door; starting to pace around the completely dark room. She felt like she was blind. While pacing around, she tripped and tumbled down the stairs; landing on the floor below. Now, with bruises and scratches all over her, she needed help.

<style>
.norabysyringe002 p {padding:6px 15px; margin:0px; color:#000000}
.norabysyringe002 p.first-line {text-indent:30px;}
.norabysyringe002 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing: -.3px; }
.norabysyringe002 {background-color:#2E4C57; background-image:url('http://imgboot.com/images/RoTTricky/noratable2.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.norabysyringe002 .text {font-family: arial narrow, serif; font-size:9.5px; opacity: 0.6; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:11px; width:600px; text-align:justify; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; }
.norabysyringe002-border {width:600px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

derptar by westy / avatar by nat
post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — Sure! That's perfectly fine. ^^ Edited to add in word count [496]

The castle had proved to be a nice shelter for a few days now. Aspirin had stayed in it since the beginning of the week, and it seemed relatively safe for that long. There were small rodents out and about throughout the place, easy enough prey for her to catch. However, the only thing that worried her was how... unnerving it was. Something about it left a sour taste in her month, kept her more on edge than she usually was. There were noises and things that went bump in the night, and they deprived her of sleep; not that she ever got an adequate amount of rest, anyways, but the sounds just made it all the more difficult.

Like that scream, for example. That scared Aspirin senseless for two reasons: one, it was loud, unexpected, and certainly unwelcomed, and two, that made it evident that another being was in the castle with her, and it wasn't a mouse, she was sure. Lavender orbs widened fully as she looked around, eyes bewildered, body rigid. It sounded as if the source was just a few doors over, possibly a hallway over. The wolfdog was panicking, fearful the other would find her and hurt her—the normal paranoia that plagued her mind was only intensified the dark thoughts because of the creepy area and lack of sleep. She immediately scrambled to her feet, but she stumbled over to a table only seconds later from standing up too soon. The hybrid exited the room, her breathing uneven from fear as she looked down on hallway then the other, and she made her way down the hallway to her right. She soon regretted this decision, however, and nearly shrieked her lungs out when she heard the scratching sounds right beside her. She jumped back to the wall, panting, a crazed look on her face as she stared wildly at the door on the other side.

The noise quit moments later, and Aspirin waited a moment before daring to move—it was the sound of footsteps that reminded her to release her held breath. She wondered why the person in there didn't come out. We're they stuck? That would explain why they harmed the door; it had locked them in. The sounds of banging and bumping only supported her suspicions, and the thoughts of fear surpress we somewhat. She couldn't just leave them there. What if they never got out, and it was all her fault?

Slowly, the girl moved toward the door, her hands shaking as she reached for a doorknob. But, upon looking, there was no doorknob, which she found strange. Tilting her head slightly, she instead gave it a push, and it heaved open with effort. Taking a step back as she looked in, her arms reaching up to anxiously scratch at her neck. "H-Hello? Is... Is anyone... in th-there?" Her voice was squeaky, as she was still recooperating from having the ever-living daylights scared out of her.

<style>
.aspirinbysyringe001 p {padding:6px 15px; margin:0px; color:#a6a6a6;}
.aspirinbysyringe001 p.first-line {text-indent:30px;}
.aspirinbysyringe001 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing: -.3px; }
.aspirinbysyringe001 {background-color:#232323; background-image:url('http://imgboot.com/images/RoTTricky/aspirinfinal1.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.aspirinbysyringe001 .text {font-family: arial narrow, serif; font-size:9.5px; opacity: 0.5; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:11px; width:600px; text-align:justify; padding:344px 0px 10px 0px; }
.aspirinbysyringe001-border {width:600px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
image © monkey hunter on flickr
[/html]
avvie by zyn | siggie by laura
[html]

Nice post![272]

The coyote's heart raced as she heard the door above her, the one the slammed shut on her, open and saw a narrow stream of moonlight shine down on the top half of the staircase. "So this is probably the thing that slammed the door on me? Meanie..." she thought quietly to herself as she continued to analyze the creature. After that, she could hear the click of a luperci's nails against the stone floor of the castle. From the way it sounded, Nora could assume that this particular luperci was most likely in their optime form since it only sounded like two paws clicking and clacking against the ground.

The small female stayed put, since she was still recovering from her painful fall, and did something a little unusual for someone like her; she barked. The only reason why it wasn't very normal for her to make such a noise was because she wasn't one who enjoyed vocalizing much. But, since there was no way this person could see her clearly, it was the only way she could communicate. It was a noticeably loud bark, and it sounded as if she was in distress, but it was something that she had only done in order to get some sort of reaction.

"Please, oh please, be nice to me!" Nora desperately pleaded within her own mind, just moments after the sound of the stranger's voice reached her ears. It was very likely that this particular luperci would be kind to her, judging by the fearfulness and squeakiness of her voice, but there was still that paranoia within Nora that was always there.

<style>
.norabysyringe002 {background-color:#2E4C57; background-image:url('http://imgboot.com/images/RoTTricky/noratable2.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.norabysyringe002 .text {font-family: arial narrow, serif; font-size:9.5px; opacity: 0.6; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:11px; width:600px; text-align:justify; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — Oh, thanks! Yours are cool, too! 030 EDIT: fixed this post up. Thanks again for pointing it out. :) [588]

A bark. A sharp, short, loud bark. It caused Aspirin to flinch visibly, and she faltered in her decision to help a lost soul. She forced herself not to wuss out and run, though, because the yap had held a pitch of need, a pitch of desperation, so perhaps the one trapped couldn't speak and just had to shout out to get her attention.

"I'm... I'm coming to help, don't worry," she assured to one she couldn't even see, though her words weren't really full of hope. Her voice was still shaky and cracking, as well as her whole body, and she barely had the confidence she could "rescue" someone from the room. As soon as she stepped in and let go of the door, however, it tried to slam back, but after gasping loudly at the sound, the hybrid made a quick reach for the wooden door. She had stopped it just before it closed, and she swung it open again, sighing in relief. She had a fear that if it has closed, it wouldn't have opened back up again, but upon inspecting it with the faint moonlight, she debunked this theory—this door was a different kind, an older kind, and once it would stop in the doorway, she could simply push it the other way with some force and get out. So how was someone trapped in here? she thought, frowning slightly.

Aspirin saw a concrete brick in the corner, and stretched her small body over to it. It would've been easier just to keep the door open rather than have to kick it open every time, in her mind, so the weight could make sure the door doesn't move. Her foot kept the door open for the time being, but as soon as she grabbed the brick, her footing was lost, and she fell to the floor with a pained, soft shriek and a thump. The door had tried to close on her ankle, but failed; it did, however, cause it to ache considerably, and with effort, the girl strained to get up once more, and she pushed the door so it was in the hallway. She placed the brick up to it, and breathed deeply at her progress, and turned back to the stairs. With the moonlight shimmering in, it was easier to see, but only the top portion of the stairs. As for the rest of the room, it was in pitch black darkness, and she couldn't see a thing in it. She felt as though she would be engulfed in it.

"... H-Hi." Aspirin waved to her half-heartedly, a forced smile on her muzzle, as she assumed the other female could see her from where she was. She slowly made her way down the staircase, her steps careful; she didn't want to fall down these stairs and make a fool of herself, nor did she want to fall down, make a fool of herself, and potentially injure the other. "Are you... alright?" she asked softly, and her voice was genuinely concerned. Aspirin imagined there wasn't much light in the room with the door locked, so there was no telling how much the stranger might've banged around in her blindness. "I, uh, can't see you... D-Do you think you can make it back up those stairs?" She was afraid that the female was hurt from falling because of the lack of light, and if it was serious, she doubted that she could get back up. That would be the worst-case scenario, for sure.

<style>
.aspirinbysyringe001 {background-color:#232323; background-image:url('http://imgboot.com/images/RoTTricky/aspirinfinal1.png'); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.aspirinbysyringe001 .text {font-family: arial narrow, serif; font-size:9.5px; opacity: 0.5; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:11px; width:600px; text-align:justify; padding:344px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

:D[424]

The clicking of the stranger's claws against the stone grew louder after Nora had called out for help. She was relieved to be receiving help, but terrified of having to socialize with another luperci. She would just have to toughen up a bit and socialize, because Nora knew there would be many other times in her life when she would have to talk with others. "Hmmm... Well this stranger shouldn't be that bad... Who knows? Maybe I'll make a friend!" the coyote thought to herself, trying her with all her might to not be as doubtful as she was. She might as well polish up her social skills while she could!

The lone canine was beginning to doubt the fact that this girl would actually help her out - judging by the uncertainty in her voice when she had said she was going to help her. "Probably just afraid of the dark, I can't blame her..." Nora thought as her heart dropped; disappointed by the thought of having to lie around on her own in the dark for hours.

Her keen hearing picked up on the loud noises made by the luperci as she clumsily messed around with the door. The dark-furred coyote sighed as she came to a realization that she could have switched over to her optime form to open the door; she hadn't thought of that... "I guess that's what happens when I panic; I don't even notice how obvious the solution even is..." she shamefully thought to herself as she listened for any more sounds coming from the stranger.

There were a couple more questions that came from the luperci's mouth, but none that she really had to respond to; so she just stayed put. She thought for a moment once the girl asked if she could try to walk up the stairs. "I guess I could, actually." the coyote silently said to herself as she slowly got up to her feet.

Then came Nora's painful, but memorable, trip up the flight of stairs. "Oh, goodness gracious!" the female exclaimed within the confines of her mind as she took her first few steps up the stairs. Her limbs began to ache even more than they had after her fall - she felt horrible! But, alas, she kept at it and didn't give up and, surprisingly, she made it! As soon as she got up to the top of the stairs, Nora slumped over onto her side; whimpering in pain. Hopefully this girl would be kind enough to help her out.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — ASPY HAD A SAD. D8 [342]

Her query to see if the other had been hurt went unanswered—in fact, everything she said was met with silence. It almost made Aspirin want to think no one was even there in the first place, and that her grip on reality was starting to slip... But then, she heard the stranger's paws strike against the floor with every step, reminding her how there was indeed someone down there. The wolfdog went back up the stairs and into the hallway to stay out of the way as the female made her slow plight behind her, and, after a while, she saw the head of a black figure peek up. Bright eyes followed, and the rest of the coyote came after that, before collapsing on the floor. Aspirin felt her eyes widen a bit as she started to fully realize how serious the injuries could've been, and just how unprepared she was with medical matters and such. The four-legged canine's whimper for help caused a sorry frown to form on her lips, and she sighed, kneeling about a foot away from the other. Her ears drooped as she let her head hang low.

"I... I know I said I could help, but I... Uhm... N-Now that I'm faced with it, I... I just..." She exhaled another deep breath, her body shaking slightly as she felt her eyes water. "I-I'm sorry, m-miss... I... I don't k-know how to... help..." Small beads of tears rolled down her face as she apologized. She felt worthless, not being able to assist this stranger, and low. The hybrid sniffled as she looked up again, her violet eyes full of sorrow, and she wiped them subconsciously. "... If... If you, uhm... know of anything I can do... I-I'll do it. To, to help, I mean." Even if she didn't have any tools to lend a hand now, she would still find a way to get this coyote on her feet again as best as she could. ... Though, in all fairness, that probably wouldn't be enough, just considering the odds.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Awww c:[255]

As soon as she collapsed to the ground, the stranger, who she now noticed was a wolfdog, immediately started to panic. She listened to her stutter as she tried to tell her politely that she really had no idea what to do. After the girl was finished talking, there came a long pause. Nora looked straight up at the luperci, who was kneeling above her, and gave her a pained, tensile grin. "That's probably the first time I've ever done that..." she thought as her pale eyes glimmered in the faint moonlight.

For some reason, she didn't feel the need to be so submissive with this girl since she was just as scared as she was. The walls that she had had built around herself long ago were beginning to crumble; letting just this one girl in. "I suppose this pain is bearable, I've dealt with worse." Nora thought as she continued to focus on the canine near her. "There is just one thing that I must ask her, though..." the coyote thought as her smile eased - the tension that had been building up between the two dissipating with it.

"Tell me a story." the wandered said in a calm, sweet tone - a tone that almost sounded motherly. It wasn't just any old story she was asking for, it was more of her way of saying "So, where you from?" or "What's your name?". She wanted to know more about this girl; the one that she had felt comfortable enough with to talk.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — Holy smokes, this turned out to be really long! I apologize! ;-; [786]

She had noticed the drawn-out silence between her words, and had come to the conclusion that either this coyote was a mute, or she just didn't like talking much. The former was put to rest soon, however, as Aspirin remembered how the injured female had whimpered earlier in pain, and the latter seemed to be the most logical choice. Unless the stranger just didn't have much to say to her half-sobbing apology, which was reasonable, too.

She felt a slight tension begin to build between them, probably out of some weird awkward feeling the wolfdog was experiencing as she watched the charcoal canine before her, and she assumed that the other felt it as well. It rose higher at the tight smile she recieved from her, and Aspirin sniffled again, slowly raising a hand to brush the salty water away from her eyes, and she looked away, slightly embarrassed. She felt weak crying in front of others, but really, there wasn't anything she could do about it. It was a habit, and it had been ever since she was robbed of her freedom oh so long ago.

Finally, three words were spoken in a warm, tender tone. The hybrid glanced up at the coyote, feeling the strained atmosphere deteriorate and dissolve when the lupus's smile softened. A story? Aspirin blinked, a slight frown curling her lips. What would a story do? It couldn't treat bruises and cuts, as far as she knew. But, perhaps it was a way to pull the dark female's attention away from the pain. That's what Jorge would do after the coffee-pelted girl was in agony from being struck—he would ask her to tell him a story about her childhood before being enslaved. And, usually, it helped; for her, at least.

But what type of story should she tell? Was this stranger looking for something specific? Or was it another way of saying something deeper? A euphemism for something? The ex-slave wasn't sure. She found the question, despite its straightforwardness, strangely vague. As far as she knew, when you met someone new, you were supposed to ask them of their background and other basic information. So, possibly, this "story" was supposed to mean... the story of her life? In that case, it would be a really depressing one, not even close to being bed-time story ready.

And yet, it was still a tale Aspirin yearned to get off her chest. Keeping it bottled in, carrying all the sorrow herself, not trying to help others understand why she was so broken... It was taking a toll on her.

"... Once... upon a time... there was a puppy named... Aspirin." The beginning had been part of a story her father had told her when she was young, but it didn't exactly make that much sense to her—it held a whimsical sort of aura to it, though. "S-She, uhm, she lived like most puppies, I guess... She loved her family very much. But then... She got taken away. She was kept as a... s-slave." She spoke the last word painfully, and it left a sour taste in her mouth. Quickly, she continued. "Her owners... They hurt her. A-A lot. They left scars all over her. They were rude and mean to her. They made her feel... very unloved. Very undeserving. Very... worthless." She paused, her finger slowly tracing over the long scar on her chest. "... B-But, one day, she met another slave her owners brought in. His name was... Jorge. Jorge made Aspirin feel as though not all hope was lost... that she had a greater purpose in life... He convinced her to try and—and escape with him from her owners. So, when the owners and the two slaves began to, uhm, to travel... Jorge and Aspirin tried to run away." She inhaled sharply, her voice shuttering, and she fell silent for a few seconds. "... S-So... T-They, they did. But they got... caught. The owners b-beat them. Harshly. V-Violently. They ripped out Aspirin's tail. They... They stomped all over J-Jorge... Aspirin could hear his b-bones cracking... And... And then... A-Aspirin woke up to find Jorge... d-dead. She became... very depressed for a few days..."

She cleared her throat, trying hard not to let the new tears leak from her eyes. "As... Aspirin... though in great pain... m-managed to take Jorge's body to a river and let him drift off in it. It... It was all she could think to do to honor him. She left. She... shifted for the first time... She got s-stuck in the two-legged form. And she... couldn't change back..." Aspirin felt her lip trembling, and she coughed softly. "... That's... T-That's the story of my l-life. It's... pitiful, I know..."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Don't apologize! I had fun reading it c:[224]

Nora's vision became cloudy as she focused only on the story being told by Aspirin; losing all concentration on anything else. This story, as she had hoped, was about her life. Her smile faded as this story began to become a rather depressing one - Aspirin having reached the point where she told her she was kidnapped. Her heart ached for this poor girl, and she realized that they had another thing in common besides being timid; they were both victims of abuse.

The coyote began to regain her focus on the stranger's face. Aspirin had now paused and gestured toward a long scar on her chest. Nora swallowed - disturbed by the fact someone so sweet was put through so much suffering and agony. The wanderer's pale blue eyes welled up with tears as the wolfdog now went on to describe how her friend Jorge was crushed to death and how she let his body float away in the river. "She's sure been through a lot..." Nora thought as she now slowly began to sit up.

"You are brave. I don't believe I've ever had a hero... But you're my hero." the dark-furred canine said in a clear voice as she looked straight at her new umber-colored friend. She meant what she said, and what she said still holds the same meaning today.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — <3 [276]

Aspirin had seen how the beam on the dark lupine's muzzle vanished when her tale began to unravel, as well as the gulp she took when her arm traced the scars left on her chest. It was when the tears started forming at the other's eyes, however, did she start to really feel bad about it all, but still, she continued. By the time she was done with it and a short silence fell between the travelers, tears of her own fell down her face and trailed down her nose, and she sniffled, wiping her eyes as she looked away for a moment. She was about to apologize for crying like she was, as well as for telling such a horrid story, but she paused as the coyote began to hoist herself up again.

Brave. Hero. Her hero. Aspirin turned to the lupus, an almost shocked look frozen on her face. Hero? Her? That was... unbelievable. Impossible, was more like it. How could she, such a weak, fragile little thing, be related to a title as high as that? She simply couldn't understand it. The bravery part, too, equally confused her, and though she found it rude to question, the hybrid wanted to know... why.

"T... Though I appreciate your kind words, miss, I... I just... I don't under... stand them." She thought over it for a moment, and rubbed her eyes again, adding to that. "I-I mean, I... Well... I don't see why you're calling me a... hero... I'm really nowhere near that... I'm not... h-hero-material." She went silent once more, her eyes staring into the pale ones of the other female, watching her questioningly.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I decided to change the title of our thread so it applied more to what's going on <3[227]

Looking over at her new hero, Nora saw that the fae appeared to be whipsawed by the horrific memories of her past and her self-consciousness; noticing how the wolfdog looked away in utter disbelief of her words. The coyote sighed, knowing what it felt like to feel unworthy and weak, and gave a reassuring nod to Aspirin. She really was a hero. "It's such a shame she doesn't realize how brave she really is..." Nora said to herself as she continued to look up at the brown-furred luperci.

"How could you not?" the coyote purred in response to Aspirin as she nudged the girl's hand with her nose and licked it comfortingly. She lifted her head back up, away from her hand, and looked back up at the luperci to hear what else she had to say; her ears shooting straight up like a rabbit's.

"It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle... It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle." Nora said wisely with a soft smile as she waited, with bated breath, for her friend to reply. This comment she had made was true, even though she, herself, couldn't think of someone else in her life that had "gone into battle". Then Nora realized something... Not only was this girl a hero, but she was one too.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — Ah, okay! c: [322]

The coyote nodded at her reassuringly, and touched her paw with her muzzle. How could she not be one? Well, there were a lot of reasons explaining how she couldn't be a hero. She flinched softly when a pink tongue licked at her hand, but she didn't shrink away; rather, she went stiff, her paw slightly wet where the traveler's lick covered it. As the black canine sat up, she brought her hand close to her chest, looking down at it thoughtfully. That sign of affection... It was strange. Not so much because she found it unfitting for the situation, no, but because it was something she hadn't felt ever before... Or, if she had, it was a long time ago when she still belonged to a family. She found that it removed all doubts and whatever fears she still had in the female, and that she felt as though she had a... a friend in her. A friend without a name, no less, but she would ask for that later.

"... It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."

Aspirin pondered over the words for a moment or two, her brow furrowing as she tried to figure out what it meant. Or, more specifically, how it applied to her. She had made it through her battle for freedom, yes, but it wasn't her choice to be out through it. Which... began to make sense. She had been a hero because she made it through, regardless of the toll it took on her, regardless if she wanted to have to fight for her rights.

"... I... I understand it... now..." She looked into the coyote's steel-white orbs, her eyes soft. "It... I..." She wasn't sure what she was trying to say, though, so she merely looked away, clearing her throat. "... I... don't know your n-name," she said quietly, resting her hand at the back of her neck sheepishly.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This thread is so awesome <3[366]

The loner watched, with glimmering pale eyes, as Aspirin took the time to examine her hand and think of the kind, loving gesture that she, Nora, had made. "It's almost as if she doesn't have any memories of being loved... That's sad..." the black coyote thought to herself as her eyes stayed focused on her new friend. Then Nora came to the realization that she had been, and still was, talking to someone other than herself, and that it had been her own choice to talk; she was in no situation where she had to talk when she first came up those stairs. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips once more as she came to this realization.

That smile of hers grew larger as she saw how her new friend was beginning to understand what Nora had said; what it really meant to be a hero. "That's good, that's good!" Nora said to herself with a nod - proud that she had taught her hero a very valuable lesson. She then thought of the ways that she was a hero, and her smile very quickly faded away as she remembered all the tragic events of her past. "She's much more of a hero than I am, though... She is very brave, and I am not..." Nora thought with a frown as her eyes looked down at her very own feet.

"Nora." Nora said sweetly as she perked back up; forgetting the thoughts that ran through her mind just moments before. Her head went back up and her eyes once again met with the other luperci's as she thought of something else to say.

"I haven't spoken to anyone else like this ever... I'm not really sure why, though." the coyote said after a few moments passed after she had said her name. Her eyes brightened as she then thought more positive, happy thoughts - keeping all of the negative, self-hating ones out. "I think my life is actually starting to go somewhere!" Nora thought as she crawled over to her friend's side and lied down. She hoped that she wouldn't be asked about her own past after saying what she had just said.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — It's full of wiiiiiiiiiin~ 8D [386]

The coyote wore a smile that grew and grew, beaming at its full size after Aspirin confirmed that she understood how she was a... "hero." It still felt odd to call herself as such, considering she had been branded as a useless mutt for a large majority of her life, but, she supposed, as long as it made this stranger happy, it was okay. The wolfdog doubted she would refer to herself as a hero from here onward, aside from remembering the title in her mind, but... She blinked, clearing her thoughts, as she saw the coyote's grin vanish as soon as it appeared. She blinked again, tempted to ask what was wrong, but as the other female looked down at her feet, she decided against it.

A name reached her ears as the icy eyed loner glanced up again—Nora. Aspirin nodded slowly, the name etching into the walls of her mind. Surely she wouldn't forget it, not after all that had taken place. "Nora..." She repeated the name softly, her lavender eyes rolling down to the floor momentarily. "... I... I like that name. I-It's... pretty." She wasn't just saying that to be nice, either; she did genuinely like the name. It had a certain ring to it, and it seemed to suit the charcoal female nicely. Her eyes darted back up to Nora, and she waited as the coyote spoke again.

Apparently Nora didn't have much socialization with others—either that, of she just didn't like to talk with other canines, which Aspirin could understand. She herself had been cut off from the rest of the world for a long time, and when she finally stepped back into it, it was hard conversing with other people. The hybrid was happy, however, to know that the black canine could share such a meaningful exchange of words with her, because truthfully, Aspirin was in need of someone to talk to. Getting her burdens off her chest, too, was something she had needed to do.

She watched as her friend crawled next to her, and felt her eyes widen slightly as she quickly turned to the coyote. "I-I almost forgot how you... you're injured... Are... Are you sure you're o-okay?" she asked, worried that Nora might have been moving around too much, hurting herself in the process.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Feel free to ask force Nora to tell about her past ;) [273]

The coyote examined the subtle reaction to her telling Aspirin her name; which she loathed. Sure it was short and sweet, but, to her, it was too short. "If I were to choose my own name again, I'd like to be called something long, elegant, and fit for a princess... Like Charlotte or Anastasia!" Nora thought to herself with a giggle as she daydreamed about having more of a "princess" name. But, however, it was the only thing that still connected her to her mother. Her mother had been named Nora. The coyote had faint memories of when she was little and she would watch her mommy talk with other luperci. Her mother hadn't given her a name, so Nora stole her mother's name - feeling that she was like a part of her mother. "Hmmm... Well I guess I'm glad I share my mother's name..." the coyote said to herself with a thoughtful look in her eyes.

The female took note of Aspirin's nod in agreement after she had told her about how she wasn't one to talk. It was a wonder, even to Nora herself, that she had gone that far out of her comfort zone already with a total stranger. "I think it's because we have a lot in common..." she thought as her ears then drooped tiredly.

"I'm alright - don't fret about me... I just need a little rest, that's all." the coyote chirped as she let out a long, drawn-out yawn. On the inside, the female hoped Aspirin would let her off the hook and not force her to share the "boring" past events of her life.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — Yeah, I was thinking I might do that. OwO [468]

The hybrid had wondered during her time there why it had come to be that she and Nora were so at ease with each other, so friendly with each other, and it had piqued her curiosity. Why did the coyote trust her so much, anyway? More so, why did she trust Nora so strongly so far? She tried to find an answer, but came up short—that was, until, she thought about it more logically. People related to other people because they had things in common. So was it possible that the dark lupine had been in a situation like hers? Had Nora been a slave, too?

Aspirin didn't like that idea. She didn't like it at all. Slavery... Slavery was horrible. She didn't want anyone to ever be apart of it, much less this gentle female she had met; she couldn't picture Nora working as a slave very well, and when she could, it made her stomach twist into knots. On one hand, she wanted to know what had burdened this coyote, if anything at all, but on another, she felt that it was hurtful and disrespectful to ask. If she questioned about it, it would only bring back pain, like the wolfdog's story had done to the both of them—But, she reminded herself, it also proved that I was a... hero. Maybe... Maybe Nora is a hero, too. But I won't know unless I ask...

The black canine reassured her that she was okay, and that she needn't worry over her well-being; rest was the best remedy, and it seemed it would come to her any moment, made evident by that long yawn of hers. Aspirin nodded again, her eyes rolling up from Nora's to the wall for a moment. Should she ask? Would the traveler find the question rude? Would it pain her to recall her past?

She decided to dissect the situation as best and as gently as she could.

"... Well... I told you a story, so... You... Y-You could tell me one, now. I-I mean, if you want," she suggested meekly, looking at the floor. "I m-mean, you—you don't have to, if it's..." "Bad like mine," she wanted to finish, but her throat went dry soon after she spoke, and she couldn't finish the thiught. Now that she had asked, she had wished she hadn't opened her mouth at all; she was afraid Nora had a rough life like her, if not rougher and filled with more misery. But, there was always that small glimmer of hope that Nora had a wonderful life, and that talking about it would make them both feel better. Nevertheless, Aspirin didn't meet the coyote's eyes in fear it was the former rather than the latter, and she waited quietly, her eyes boring into the floor.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This thread's moving along pretty quickly ^.^[555]

Nora was not, technically, a slave. She was a member of her father's very strictly organized pack; which he had ruled. The coyote, along with her other female pack-mates, were all mated to her father and the males of the pack were only given two tasks: hunt for the pack and kill any trespassers.

Although Nora never knew, her mother had also been apart of her father's pack at one point, and she had run away from it, to - which, in the end, cost her very own life. "I don't know exactly why... But I am still madly in love with him..." Nora thought as her mind wandered to the memories of her abusive dad.

Because of her father, her own perception of love and mate-ship had been molded into something that it wasn't and shouldn't be. To Nora, love was pain, love was suffering, love was rape, men were stronger and they had every right to beat a woman; even if it was for no reason at all. Although this is what she believed most of the time, she had her moments where she would realize how evil rape and abuse really were. The girl's sympathy for Aspirin came more from the fact that she, Aspirin, had been separated from her family at a very young age and that she had the same social issues that she, Nora, had.

"I suppose I should. It'd be the polite thing to do, right?" Nora said in response to her friend as she thought of a way to explain her life without the wolfdog receiving the impression that her father was the evil man she didn't want to believe he really was.

"I was born far, far up north from here. All my brother and sisters were, from what I understand, stillborn. I stayed with my mother, whom I loved very much, for a while until she suddenly disappeared." the coyote spoke; her eyes starting to look more cloudy and distant as she reminisced about this part of her life.

"So after that I was forced to survive on my own - not for long, though! Soon after I was taken into my father's pack..." the female continued as she then hesitated; unsure of how to describe her experience of living in the pack.

"All of the females of the pack, including myself, were mated to my father... He... He forced us to be the carriers of his pups..." Nora said, her voice growing weak as it trailed off. The female's vision was clouded by tears as she got to talking about this period of her life. "Oh, but I loved him - I still do! How do I explain this to her? What is love? Could it be that, after all this time, that my idea of love has been wrong?" the coyote asked herself as her heart grew heavy. "No! It couldn't possibly be..." she thought; denying the truth.

"Aspirin... Do you think he loved me? Now I don't mean in the way that a parent would love their child... But I mean in the way that a husband loves his wife..." Nora asked as she completely forgot she was in the middle of telling the story of her life. The question she had asked was still something, to this day, that she pondered.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — This is so sad because they both don't know what love is. D8 [000]

Nora seemed to agree that sharing the story of her own would only be fair, and the wolfdog nodded solemnly. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," she wanted to say, but the coyote seemed set on telling it. There was a short silence that followed her answer, in which she guessed the lupine was trying to get her thoughts together. And finally, the tale began.

She was birthed up in the north, a place far away from here, and she resided with her beloved mother—before she had vanished. Aspirin felt her breath hitch at that; it reminded her of her own story, how she had vanished from her family and into thin air. She hadn't ever thought what her disappearance had meant to her parents, her grandmother, her siblings, but by the glassed-over look in Nora's eyes, she knew it must have been a hard time for them. Frowning, guilty that she had questioned her friend's past in the first place, she listened on. Nora continued, explaining how she had been a loner for a short amount of time before defecting into her father's pack. The bi-colored female blinked when the coyote hesitated, and she wondered if things only went downhill from here.

And partially, she was right.

All the females were mated to her parent, and Aspirin felt her heart drop. Her eyes grew at this as she tried to imagine what this meant. It was like all the females in her family being forced to court with her own father, and carry on his lineage. But it just sounded weird, in every sense of the word. What if she was forced to be in a mateship with one of her two brothers? She wasn't sure why, but it rubbed her in the wrong direction. The word she was looking for was "incest," but at that point it hadn't reached her dictionary—She didn't like the way it sounded, however, regardless if she couldn't put a name to it. ... Not that she knew much about love, anyway; she hadn't loved anyone like the father supposedly loved Nora, and to be brutally honest, Aspirin wasn't sure she could ever bring herself to.

She saw the beads of water welling at Nora's eyes and felt a wave of compassion overcome her, and she whimpered, but the black canine didn't stop there. She went on to ask Aspirin if her father had even loved her, like a male loved his mate. And, really, she didn't know how to answer. For a moment, she just looked away, trying to think of the gentlest way to respond without hurting Nora's feelings, but... Well, there just wasn't any simple way to put it. If he had mated with every female in his pack, then... It was doubtful he held feelings for any of them.

"... I... I-I'm sorry, N-Nora, but... I... I don't k-know how to a-answer that..." Just thinking how horrible it must've been to love someone so fondly and realize that they didn't harbor the emotion for them brought tears of her own to Aspirin's eyes, and she turned her head away from the other loner, trying to hide the wetness of her face.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry this took a while :([209]

With her eyes glancing back from time to time at her friend, she saw that she found her life story, especially the part about her father's pack, disturbing. "Please, oh please, don't take pity on me!" Nora pleaded within the confines of her mind as the bluish tint in her eyes began to stand out more with the aid of the moonlight. Her long, fluffy tail curled up against the right side of her body as she neared the end of her story.

There was a long pause that had filled the chilly air, but the freckled wolfdog had finally given her an answer to her question, and it was the exact answer that she didn't want; that she wasn't sure. The obsidian coyote let out an almost inaudible sigh as she looked out the doorway and the window outside the room they were in. There was one lone little star that she could see - and a soft satisfactory chuckle rumbled deep within her as she slowly got up and walked out the doorway; toward the window. It reminded her of a comforting moment during her childhood. The female turned her narrow head toward her friend as she limped and said, "Come." She wanted to show her something.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — Apologies for the wait on my part, too!

The sigh from Nora only intensified the feeling of how useless—no, that wasn't the right word. It only intensified the feeling of how un-useful (even if that wasn't a word, but that didn't matter, really) she really was in this situation. Love was still a foreign concept to her, as she hadn't felt it in so long, and the affection one gave to their mate or lover was even more strange. She hadn't loved, nor was she loved by any. It made the wolfdog feel a tad bit lonely, as she had not shared feelings as strong as such with anyone, but quite honestly, she wasn't sure she could love—or, if she could, if it would be the right kind of love. How was she to embrace someone she had true feelings for? It was still all very odd and alien to her.

Aspirin blinked as the charcoal coyote rose to her feet, chuckling quietly at some joke she apparently didn't catch, and headed to the doorway, speaking a singular, straightforward word to the speckled female: come. The Optime was confused at first, but soon obeyed—she had always been taught to obey, after all, as defiance would result in severe beating—and stood to follow the silvery-eyed lupine. "What... What is it?" she queried softly, standing close by Nora just in case her injured body decided to fall out on her. Her soft spoken voice was laced with curiosity, however; what did Nora want to show her? Had she found something in this castle that she had missed? Aspirin was curious to know.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

That's alright :) Should we wrap this up soon?[279]

As Nora approached the window, she began to realize that maybe Aspirin was just as confused about love as she was. "It's nice to know I'm not alone..." Nora thought as her eyes glimmered in the starlight - her pain slowly beginning to wear off. Although she had wanted a response to her question, she still somewhat appreciated Aspirin's uncertainty; it was, in a strange way, comforting.

The coyote was pleased to see her friend obey her command to come over to her. Her large ears pricked up at the sound of the wolfdog standing up and tip-toeing her way over to her. As soon as she felt the presence of her friend beside her, she started to talk.

"You see that star right there?" she said, her silver orbs shining, "That was my mother's lucky star... She followed it when she was trying to find her way out of my father's territory. Her and I would always follow it... We would look up at it every night." the lone coyote continued - heaving a deep sigh as she thought of that part of her life when her mother was there.

"I've always followed it." she added with a subtle nod; releasing another drawn-out yawn. She then realized how she was probably keeping Aspirin from doing her own exploring around the area.

"I guess it's more healthy to be thinking about my mother than my father, right?" she questioned before taking a moment to think of what she would add. "You should probably get going, I don't want to keep you sitting around here when you could be out there exploring..." Nora said moments later with an exhausted smile.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log
[html]

Optime — Yeah, sounds good! We should definitely have another thread soon, maybe when they both have a pack and stuff! 8D I guess you can have the final post, or this can be it, and we can get it archived! <3

Aspirin had only given the window a brief glance before locking her eyes on Nora, still wary of the fact she was up and about with her bumps and bruises—which, by the way, she had no knowledge if they were potentially harmful of just painful, but from her own experience, she believed it to be the latter, though she would stick by just in case the coyote wasn't as used to injuries like she was. However, as the onyx lupus directed her attention to the stretch of night sky outside of the window, the wolfdog saw a glimmer in her steel orbs. Soon she turned her own lavender ones to the dark navy heavens, looking around for the star she was to find. It soon entered her field of vision—it was a bright, tiny little thing, all alone in the sky. She nodded in affirmation as she wondered where the other stars had gone off to, and listened intently as the four-legged canine explained how the star had been valuable to her.

It belonged to her mother—well, not really, as the scarred wolfdog had tried to pluck a star once herself and call it her own, but theoretically in her possession. The mother and daughter duo would seek its guidance whilst leaving her tyrant of a father's lands, looking up to it nightly and following it out of his territory. Nora had always followed it, and Aspirin wondered if it had led her here, fated to meet the bony wolfdog and form a bond with her.

A soft "hmm" sound vibrated in her vocal cords, and she glanced over to the coyote as she yawned again. Was Nora tired? Had she been keeping the lupine up too long? Apparently so, for seconds later the dark canine noted how, after mentioning that thinking of her mother rather than her father was more beneficial, Aspirin had better get going to get along with her "exploring." She laughed drly, looking down to the floor. "Well... I'm no explorer, so I... I really don't think I'll be venturing out anymore tonight." Purple eyes darted to Nora again. "But I guess I should leave soon... You... You seem tired. I'm a bit sleepy myself..." She tried to muster up the warmest smile she could as her nose dipped. "I'm... I'm glad I met you. It's h-hard to come across friends for me, so... I'm fortunate for you." Slowly, she took a step back, her gaze searching the doorway. "So thank you... Nora." She nodded softly to the coyote before gradually making her way out of the room, and off to the area in the castle that she called her dwelling. She would sleep tonight and rise early in the morning, destined to move further up north. The more south she was, the closer she was to "home," and the closer she was to danger, so traveling up a bit more would do her good to rid of her problematic enslavement.

It felt nice to know she at least had one friend down in this area, though.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

These two should definitely meet again! [380]

It didn't hit Nora that there was the possibility the star had brought them both together; she didn't think that much of it since the many thoughts of her father still clouded her mind. She didn't look over at her friend while she spoke about the star and what it meant to her - the coyote's eyes focused only on her glowing compass in attempt to oust the lustful thoughts of her dad from her mind. After she finished speaking, silence spilled into the midnight air. That silence was interrupted by a soft rumble produced by Aspirin's vocal cords.

The wolfdog's response broke Nora's focus on the star and caused her to turn back toward her. Just then Nora realized that her own statement had probably sounded a bit rude, like she was trying to shoo the girl away, so she came up with a more polite thing to say.

"Oh no, I'm not forcing you to leave - I just thought I was taking up all your time, that's all..." Nora said shyly in an embarrassed manner. Secretly she hoped that Aspirin would choose to leave since she was beginning to feel very tired. The female waited for a response; fighting against her body's urge to sleep as she did so.

"I'm glad to have met you too, you really are a wonderful woman - you're an inspiration, a hero!" the canine said eagerly as her eyes glimmered with a sudden burst of energy. Her tail dropped as Aspirin's sweet voice chimed back in.

"No, you shouldn't be the one saying thank you - I should be, really. You should follow that star too, it's done me plenty of good and I'm sure it'll do you some too!" she purred smoothly as her heart suddenly dropped; realizing that she just might never see this girl again. She had really become great friends with her just from spending such a small amount of time with her.

"Farewell!" the luperci shouted with tears in her eyes as Aspirin walked away - she was sad to see her go but happy to be able to rest. "I hope I can see her again someday..." Nora thought as she lied down and fell asleep with her eyes gazing up at the beautiful star.

<style>
</style>[/html]

post/graphic log