[P] A secret conversation
Mads
[html]
love like winter

Fresh snow had fallen overnight and left the morning colder than most, so Moon Moon forewent her morning romp that she often embarked upon to escape the demands of her family. This meant that, by midday, Moon was practically going out of her head and needed some exercise about as much as the puppies did. If we don’t get them out of the house soon, Keylo whispered in confidence to Mads, Moon’s going to paint this entire place. A white ear flicked nearby, and the maned head popped up, strands of hair sticking out wildly. Paint? piped Moon Moon’s excited voice, and Keylo realized what he had done.

After being told that, no, she could not paint the entirety of their house with the only two colors she had left over from the summer, Moon meandered outside to test the temperature. It was fine for her, but her Tundra wolf heritage shone through wonderfully. It was only after Keylo and the puppies tried out the weather that they knew it was safe to leave the house for a while. The girls’ pelts were pretty well equipped against the cold, so even Keylo began to bark and yip excitedly, and skipped down the road and trudged through the powder with his family.

Despite her excitement, Moon Moon let her almost-five-month-old daughters lead the way. Sometimes she ran up ahead, but always to loop back around and nip at the other adults. Despite her rather doggish behavior, she, too, was in Optime. Whatever the form, though, these two Damaichus were always feral.

Keylo stopped at the crest of a hill while Moon, Harley, and Riddle barreled down the snow-laden hill toward a glassy, ice-covered lake, and watched with his mismatched eyes as the pair of puppies hit the ice unknowingly and fell, paws splaying in all four directions. Moon guffawed at the girls’ antics, then promptly fell on her butt on the ice with a jolt. When she hit, a syllable piped from her mouth, but it meant nothing to the girls. Moon’s laughter started up again as she tried to get back up to two legs, and her daughters struggled to remain on all fours.

OOC I tried to be vague about whether Mads walks with them, or arrives later. Keylo (cNPC) and Harley and Riddle (yNPC) are present.|| 300+

<style type="text/css">
.moon_winter1and {width:600px; padding:5px; margin:0px auto;}
.moon_winter1and p {text-indent: 25px; font-family:Bookman Old Style, Times New Roman; font-size:16px; text-align:justify;line-height:20px;}
.moon_winter1and p.oocstuff {padding-top:0px; padding-left:3px; font-size:13px; text-align:center;}
.moon_winter1and npc { letter-spacing:.5px; opacity: .7;font-weight:bold; }
.moon_winter1and b:before { contentHuhpen-quote; }
.moon_winter1and b:after { content:close-quote; }
.moon_winter1top {margin:0 auto; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/m0RI36X.png');background-position:top center; width:594px; height:76px; border:1px solid black;}
.moon_winter1bot {margin:0 auto; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/1frACy0.png');background-position:bottom center; width:594px; height:76px; border:1px solid black;}
.moon_winter1andtxt {text-align:center;font-size:22px;font-family:"Pathway Gothic One",Calibri;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:7px;margin-bottom:-3px;}
</style>
[/html]
sorry this is short!

Moon had gone without her customary morning outing, and thus Mads had too. Granted, his little adventure wouldn't have last nearly as long, a speedy walk around the neighbourhood to check on his sizable herd. They'd always migrate apart in the night, having no bounds to keep them in one place, and thus this little jaunt was always a necessary evil.

Upon returning, cold, tired, but grateful for the slice of respite, he made himself comfortable beside his father-in-law. The elder male lamented upon the situation and Mads huffed in amusement. 'Maybe we should let 'er...' he smirked, though his smile dropped suddenly when a flash of white caught his peripheral.

Damn.

Eventually, stir-craziness drove them into the snow. Built for deep snow, Mads didn't feel the cold much and was happy to romp endlessly in the snow blanket and slide across the slick ice to his heart's content. The girls, too, were happy enough to run circles around their parent's and grandfather.
[Image: DglIceh.png]
[html]
love like winter

Moon Moon’s attempt to get to her feet again failed miserably. She almost made it, but didn’t have the wherewithal to curl her toes and dig her claws into the ice for purchase, so after a moment of knock-kneed balance her feet began to slide, and her legs splayed akimbo and she was on her back again. The girls caught on much quicker than she, and their four legs probably helped, too, and they came skittering over to her, barking and laughing, their legs moving comically fast while they traveled disproportionately slow. The snowy mother laughed as she was sloppily pounced by her children – first by the earthy girl, and then her tan and flame daughter.

Meanwhile, standing upon the small hill, Keylo watched with amusement, but that amusement faded as he watched Riddle tackle her mother, and his thoughts focused on the small girl. Mads had wandered out to the place with them, and with Moon and the children distracted, now was as good a time as any to try to speak with the Dane.

Mads, I want to talk to you about something, his thoughts and words were of a concerned father, but, as always, his demeanor was more of a colleague. His eyes flicked to the girls again, and back to the dark male as he searched for a way to lead into this. It takes a good man to care for a child that he knows isn’t his, he finally began. After all, it was no secret that the children could have been fathered by another man. By the looks of things, they were all fairly certain that Harley was Mads’ natural daughter, while Riddle resembled Guillen, but being only Luperci there was no way to know for sure. Riddle’s appearance could have just been a coincidence – perhaps she inherited the famous flame coat once sported by his great-great-something-grandmother, Ruby. Or, perhaps Harley’s dark, earthy shades and silver eyes were a coincidence…

Did you get the feeling something was… off… when we stayed at Moon’s friend Guillen’s house?

OOC Purple text denotes Keylo speaking.|| 300+

<style type="text/css">
.moon_winter1and p {text-indent: 25px; font-family:Bookman Old Style, Times New Roman; font-size:16px; text-align:justify;line-height:20px;}
.moon_winter1and p.oocstuff {padding-top:0px; padding-left:3px; font-size:13px; text-align:center;}
.moon_winter1top {margin:0 auto; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/m0RI36X.png');background-position:top center; width:594px; height:76px; border:1px solid black;}
.moon_winter1bot {margin:0 auto; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/1frACy0.png');background-position:bottom center; width:594px; height:76px; border:1px solid black;}
.moon_winter1andtxt {text-align:center;font-size:22px;font-family:"Pathway Gothic One",Calibri;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:7px;margin-bottom:-3px;}
</style>
[/html]
Eventually, Moon Moon managed to prove herself a more appealing playmate to the girl's than their father and Mads was free to pad away from the ice like a great brown bear and join Keylo on terra firma. Instantly, the air seemed to thicken with tension. Not between the two males personally, but by the gravitas of a long realised and similarly long-ignored truth. Stout triangle ears twitched, an obvious sign of his rejection of the truth. The Dane was not in denial by any stretch of the imagination, of course, but it was easier enough to forget the situation and that was what he vastly prefered.

'She is mine.' He replied with all the surety of the world in his heavily accented voice. 'She may 'swell be.' The correction followed for fear that the elder Damaichu would mistake his words for naivety, it was quite the opposite in fact. The swarthy male had come full circle, through sorrow and anger to acceptance and, finally, into ignoring a painful and irrelevant truth. 'Doesn' matter anyway...'

Yet Keylo continued, and the male's silver eyes flickered from his father-in-law to the giggling group of girls that scrambled across the ice like baby deer.

'Ah don' like him.' The Dane said, again his words entirely sure. There had been something off about Guillen, Mads knew it in his heart and he could feel it in his bones. 'Ah didn' wanna say anythin', 'cause a' Moon, but...' He shrugged, there was nothing more he needed to say to Keylo. Nothing that Keylo wasn't thinking himself.
[html]
love like winter

The forever-prince of New Dawn rubbed his chin with a taloned hand, lost in complicated thought for a moment. When Mads asserted that Riddle was his, he gave the man a sidelong glance, but seeing the fervor in his quicksilver eyes, nodded his understanding. I feel the same way. I’ve been loath to air my thoughts because Moon will just reject them anyway… And… I’m not sure what it is, really… I’ve been turning it over in my mind ever since but I haven’t been able to put my claw on it, he paused, realizing Moon Moon was suddenly standing stark still and staring in their direction from the ice. The sudden interruption of his words would be suspicious to anyone else, but luckily, Moon hadn’t heard exactly what they were talking about. The tense moment passed, and soon the father relaxed as Moon Moon’s pink tongue lolled out of her mouth and she slowly lowered her head to lick the ice.

After all, he continued. The man did let us shack up for a month without any trouble. It feels wrong to judge somebody who did that… Keylo cocked his head as he realized Moon’s tongue was now stuck to the ice. I’ve definitely judged the wrong people the right way in the past, and vise versa. There were squealing sounds coming from Moon Moon now, and her puppies danced and slid around her in a circle, barking and yapping, believing their mother to be putting on a ruse and not realizing she was actually in distress. Keylo flinched.

You want to take that, or should I? he asked Mads, gesturing to Moon-with-stuck-tongue. Their talk was far from over, but Moon needed their attention for a minute. Especially now that the puppies were beginning to lick at the spot where Moon’s tongue touched ice. All of them are going to be stuck in a minute.

OOC Purple text denotes Keylo speaking. It's ok to PP helping Moon real quick, if Mads chooses to.|| 300+

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
this got weird XD

Idly, the Dane pawed at the snow, digging through until his claws hit frozen earth and the last remaining blades of washed out grass. 'She wouldn' understand anyway...' He decided solemnly. Moon Moon didn't have, or at least didn't often have, the wherewithal necessary to make sensible decisions. Mads didn't think she was stupid, not by any stretch of the imagination, but she wasn't all there either sometimes... 'Ah tried to make her see a few times before, but she jus' acted like ah was crazy...' The whole affair had been utterly exhausting and it wasn't long before he had given up for his own sanity. 'Nah,' Mads decided firmly, 'He's a bad 'un...'

It seemed that while they'd been talking, the woman of the hour had managed to get herself in a spot of bother again. 'Ah'll get it...' Reluctantly, the northern hybrid rose from his spot on the hill and slunk down it towards the ice. Quickly, he barked out to the girls in his language, a warning for them to, under no circumstances, copy their mother. 'If you get me stuck here too I'm gonna dunk you in the water.' With a certain amount of trepidation and taking great care not to touch the ice himself, he wrapped his own warm tongue around hers and hoped the added heat made some difference.
[html]
love like winter

How strange it was that Moon Moon managed to find somebody that would put up with her bullshit… As much as he loved his daughter, with her butt stuck up in the air and her tongue stuck to the ice, it was obvious that she wasn’t the pick of the litter. Still, Mads loped down the snowy walkway towards her to rescue her from her genius’ plight.

Moon’s distressed blue eyes peered up at the dark pelted Dane as he approached. She even jumped slightly when Mads yipped the warning at the girls to not mimic their mother, causing her to tug on her tongue and then wince. A moment later, her worried face turned into a stupid grin and her tail waved lazily from side to side. Madth, she tried to say, laughingly. I’n thtuck. The puppies crashed to the ice in a fit of giggles.

Keylo watched, entirely bemused, as Mads bent down to help Moon Moon. Was he going to…? No. Keylo wasn’t the brightest star in the sky, either, but these two took home the gold. Without even waiting to see what happened, the Damaichu “elder” shook his head and turned, loping briskly back to the house…

Moon’s bell like giggle chimed over the ice and snow as Mads’ own tongue snaked out and slipped around hers. She didn’t have a clue what he was doing, but he looked funny doing it… and kind of sexy, too. Tho, she muttered again. Wath thith thupposed ‘a ‘o again? she asked once his own tongue slipped around hers. Despite the warmth, his saliva dripped from his mouth and soon Mads, too, was stuck.

Moon and the girls laughed again.

Ya… ya… yer thuck ‘oo! she cackled, without realizing they were now in a bind that nobody could fix. Of course, both of them could just yank back with all their weight and be done with the whole mess, but they’d probably lose some skin and taste buds in the mix. Still, it didn’t seem like they had much choice…

…until Keylo came back to the rescue. In one hand he clutched a wooden tumbler meant for drinking. As he drew closer, Moon could see steam twisting and curling up from the cup. Much like she did with Mads, as Keylo neared she grinned dumbly. By now the girls had grown bored of their parents’ plight and wandered off to eat the snow.

Keylo crouched down next to them and made eye contact with Mads. Did you really think that was going to work? he asked laughingly. He wasn’t about to explain how or why he knew the solution, though… Alright, hold your breath just in case this goes in your nose… he warned, then tipped the cup over onto their two trapped tongues. Warm water spilled out of the cup – warm enough to loosen up the ice that held them fast, but not hot enough to burn. You’re both lucky we still had a pot on… he muttered as he watched Moon wriggle and then suddenly pull free.

Yeaah! Moon hooted happily, lapping her tongue over her muzzle and testing for injury. It was frostbitten (not literally) and numb and felt funny, but other than that, it was still a functioning body part.

Keylo trudged back to the place on the land as Moon butted herself into Mads. The father had more to say to him, but he wasn’t about to interrupt the two oafs over it. He would wait for the dark one to come to him.

OOC Purple text denotes Keylo speaking. || 500+

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

His plan didn't work. In an instant he found himself stuck fast and silver eyes glared at Moon Moon, going slightly cross-eyed as he did. A few gentle tugs proved to him that he wasn't getting out of this without leaving half of his tongue stuck to the godforsaken ice. He swore to himself internally, cursing his own stupidity and wondering why he thought this would work. When Keylo disappeared to find the hot water they'd be using only a short while previously, the Dane considered why he hadn't thought of that. The short answer was that in this form he had no hands, and he often didn't think about things that warranted hands when he didn't have them equipped so to speak. Despite the fact he was told to hold his breath, he still managed to inhale some of the hot water and sputtered for a moment. He didn't have anything to say in his defence, so he simply shrugged and gave Keylo an exasperated look. Perhaps whatever Moon Moon was contagious...

As Keylo padded away, Mads looked from father to daughter and made a suggestion. 'Maybe we should head back home. We don't need the girls getting colds.' He really didn't want to deal with two sick girls, because somehow he knew that they'd managed to make his job as dad ten times harder than it usually was. It would be just his luck.
[html]
love like winter

Moon leered a grin at Mads as they both stood there, stuck to the ice like morons, puppies bouncing and playing around them. Luckily, by some miracle, neither of the young girls tried to copy their parents. Soon, Keylo returned and poured the warm water on them, which was enough to free them. Moon’s pink tongue stretched out as she pulled back a little too soon, but she quickly was freed before frostbite set in.

The white woman wagged her tail at Mads as he suggested they go home, then her ears tipped back and her tail fell still. Go home? she parroted and cocked her head. What was this nonsense about the snow making the girls cold? They were wolf blood, they were meant for this! My children ain’t gonna gets cold from tha snow, she barked obstinately, stomping a paw and then prancing off over the ice. The puppies yipped and pursued their mother.

Keylo shook his dusty colored head, though he agreed with moon. Maybe Mads just wanted to get inside to escape the embarrassment of what just happened, but this idea of his bloodline being able to get sick in the snow? No, not happening. He still didn’t feel that their discussion was finished, so he began to lope slowly after his daughter while speaking to Mads. So we’re in agreement? he asked, kicking up the conversation again. We try to keep Moony away from him until we know more about him?

OOC Purple text denotes Keylo speaking. Major muse issues, sorry.|| 200+

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]