[P] [M] - You Had My Curiousity, But Now You Have My Attention
p. Peony

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Specifically, this thread is marked mature because of: .

Quote:Talk around the Ugly Coyote is that someone has carved a large and very... phallic symbol into the bark of a small, but otherwise dignified, tree within Charmingtown. Take a look for yourself and discuss what you see! After all, maybe the carving doesn't actually-- Oh. Yeah, it definitely looks like a wiener.

[html]

[300+] • Charmingtown - Matured just in case.

It seemed almost a shame to vandalize something so natural and unassuming.
Perhaps in passing, it wasn't too obvious, but the carving was done well, deep enough to bring out the darker layer just under the bark. Sap slowly oozed from the wounds, only emphasizing the shape.

Hosea wouldn't admit it allowed, but he was impressed. It was well done.
"Well, that, uhm..." He stifled a chuckle, trying to keep appropriate for his company. "That's pretty well executed!" He said with a nod, trying to find anything positive without bursting into a fit of innuendos and childish laughter.

After all that he'd learned and dealt with upon coming to the Gang, he wasn't going to let this cause his composure to crumble. He was usually well-put together, rarely over-emotional. His feelings were his own business, and he liked to be taken seriously by future possible employers.
But the Courtright wasn't stoic either; he was living and breathing after all, and something like this could get a good giggle from a stone.
Or, that would be his argument, at least.

"Good Lord." He finally laughed, leaning in to get a better look at the craftsmanship of the image. He ran a finger over the cuts, then rubbed his thumb through the sticky sap glued to his digits.
As he stood back up, he wiped his hands on his vest and gave a glance to Peony, who'd come along with him. "Might wanna shield your eyes, Miss Peony. Wouldn't want our future Missus Del Mar corrupted 'fore her big day."
His teasing only slightly upset him, but he was trying to be a better sport about the destined event. Hopefully, the Braithewaite would see it that way, as well. He honestly meant no harm, but sometimes it was easier to laugh about it than to wallow in his own pessimistic thoughts of their future.

<style>
.txtBitter p.ooc { padding:20px 5px 5px 3px; opacity:.75; text-indent:0px; }
.txtBitter p.ooc:after { margin:0 auto; content:''; filter: alpha(opacity=60%); opacity: .30; display: block; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding-bottom: 10px; }
.txtBitter p.wc { padding:0px 5px 5px 3px; opacity:.75; text-indent:0px; text-align:right; }
.txtBitter p { margin:10px 20px 0; font-family:Bitter; line-height:23px; text-indent:25px; font-size:15px; }
.txtBitter b.npc { opacity:.75; }
.txtBitter b.lang:before { content:'< '; }
.txtBitter b.lang:after { content:' >'; } </style>[/html]
[Image: M8AUygW.png]
So come by west by east
↞ Come by drunk or sober ↠
Tell me what you've done
Over and over
Hosea and Peony were strolling along together when talk about the….appendage, was trailing around the gang.

Peony, being the little innocent child she was, didn’t know exactly what she was looking at and she cocked a brow up at Hosea as he stood in front of her. Peony was curious too, and upon further inspection- taking glances from underneath his arms as he tried to block her view- she was utterly confused. I, uh. Trailing off, she pushed a little bit and peered over his arm. He was inspecting it and then he laughed, and Peony couldn’t help but find herself smiling too.

Move, Hosea. Please. She flickered her tail, a small agitation at the fact he called her “missus del mar” and she almost punched him in his pecker. That wouldn’t be appropriate for a woman though. Not of her stature. Not of her future. She glanced at the drawing, and noticed it was….shaped like a mushroom. Her brow cocked and she looked from the tree drawing to Hosea, and then questioned him like an innocent little child.

Does it really look like that? It seems to look like a shroom, that’s odd. She ran a hand across it, and momentarily wondered if all penises looked like this. Her ears flickered against her head and she looked at Hosea, she was generally curious. Maybe she would have blushed if she were with anyone else. But not Hos. He was her best friend.

do…does yours look like that too? Ears laid down on her head and she straightened her shirt and smoothed her pants, dusting off the touching of the penis. Perhaps she wouldn’t feel like a child if he just explained it to her. The Braithwaite female was smart, book smart, gorgeous, and utterly calm in most situations. But, sometimes she was seriously blonde, it hurt.

I dunno if I like the looks of them things. She hooked a thumb, and her stomach fluttered a bit. The thought of Hoseas appendage made her almost blush. Instead she smoothed her hair with her hands and scoffed a bit.
[html]

[300+] • Oh sweet, innocent Peo :')

It was clear that his little tease had ruffled her a bit, and that elicited a smirk from the mutt.
He did finally move, however, because he was half-curious was to what her reaction would be.

Though it was beyond what he'd expected.

His friend seemed very intrigued, or... digusted? He couldn't place it. Maybe a mix of both, and he couldn't blame her.
"I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you've never seen one 'fore." Hosea laughed, but his chuckle was cut short when she'd asked about his.

That seemed bold. "Well, uhm..." How was one supposed to answer a question like that? Clearly she was just inquiring, it wasn't anything personal... was it?
The coydog cleared his throat and grinned at the first thing that came to mind. "I'm not sure, I've only ever had the one perspective of it. Perhaps you could compare 'em, see how accurate it is."
It was a joke, of course, and he was sure she'd know that, but it felt both dirty and flirty coming from his mouth.

His amusement was back at once when she'd concluded not liking the look of it. "They're all diff'rnt, don't go judgin' all of 'em by this one, Peo. It's jus' a carvin', after all." It was by no means realistic, either. But the thought that even a simple figure could turn here away was humourous.
"Though, I wonder who could have done a thin' like this." It wasn't some sort of mystery he could find himself really invested in, but it would be funny to know. He imagined somebody like Brickface, serious as she was, peeling at the bark for minutes. Or maybe little Remy, trying his hand at some creative expression.
Both thoughts brought out a laugh from the Courtright male.

<style>
.txtBitter p.ooc:after { margin:0 auto; content:''; filter: alpha(opacity=60%); opacity: .30; display: block; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding-bottom: 10px; }
.txtBitter p.wc { padding:0px 5px 5px 3px; opacity:.75; text-indent:0px; text-align:right; }
.txtBitter p { margin:10px 20px 0; font-family:Bitter; line-height:23px; text-indent:25px; font-size:15px; }
So come by west by east
Tell me what you've done
Over and over
Hosea was strange, well, that wasn’t true. He was normal, Peony was strange, but for a moment he seemed to be laughing at her? She cocked a brow and genuine curiosity got the better of her. Laughing at her he seemed to choke on his own laugh, and that caused an even more curious reaction from her. She stepped closer, as if she was going to reach towards him but her hand fell short. And she just stared.

Feathers ruffled she flickered a finger towards the tree then towards his pants where “his” would be. You’ll show me? I don’t really understand. Is it gross? Oh, sweet little Peony, how innocent and just so…odd you could be. Her ears twitched on her skull and she faced him full on now, her head tilting to an angle. Innocently she flickered her iris’ over his body then returned them to the tree, slowly, her smile dropped and she glanced towards Hosea once more.

Eyes drifted towards the area where she expected to see what was on the carved tree, but instead she was disappointed. Her stomach fluttered and her heart pounded, and suddenly she felt like a small child. Nervous, but then getting back to reality she furrowed her brow. Why? What? She licked her lips. They’re all different? ALL? Ears flickered on her skull, this was something her mother nor grandmother never taught her. She was too good to understand the things of male anatomy.

Hell, half the time that Belinda talked about it, Peony was just nodding her head to get her out of her hair. Maybe she should have listened to her sister. She was a sexual little thing, and Peony was…well, awkward and uncomfortable when bringing it up. How come? What makes them different? Do they…you know, hurt when they look like the thing on the tree?

His next words made her shrug nonchalantly, it was innocence. Pure innocence in the form of Peony, and she gave a shy little smile. I’unno but they’re not very good at carvin’ are they? Almost like a child, she let her façade down for a moment, before returning to the same straight face. Licking her lips she stepped closer and gave a small smile.
[html]

[300+] • o peo

Curiosity from the heiress was to be expected. She was pure, groomed in a way to be modest and untainted for her future husband.
But she had to be joking now...
Right?

Hosea stumbled on his words, expecting a joke in return but his friend's tone was completely serious. Show her?
No, he couldn't. That was wholly inappropriate! Though, as long as it wasn't sexual, it was simply an interest and appreciation in anatomy, wasn't it?

He shook his head. "No, I'm... I can't show you, Peo." The archer gave a sigh and looked away as his face grew hot.
Between glances to the crude carving on the tree, it was obvious she was... looking there. At him.

"I was jokin', that... That's a pretty private thing." That was hardly an excuse, though. It was natural, as much a normal part of their body as an ear or foot. But it had always been made taboo.
The Courtright chewed his lip nervously, thinking up something preposterous. He was her closest friend, and he wasn't ashamed of his body. Had they been in a room to themselves, he may see nothing wrong with appeasing her curiosity.
Except, that to really get the experience, he would have to be riled up. With Peony.
Would she know the thoughts he used would be of her?

No, that wouldn't do. "Not all that different, Miss Peony. Pretty much the same, jus'... Sizes and stuff." The mongrel waved a freckled hand as he explained, "You know! Just as a hand looks similar, but with differences! Same idea."

The Palisade native responded to her next question with a shake of his head. "They don't hurt, that jus' happens when somebody is, uh..." How did he word this gently, to somebody who had never heard such explanation? "Riled up by somethin'. Turned on. Aroused?" He tried.

In the end, Hosea gave a soft chuckle. "It's just a silly carvin', Miss Peony. Somebody bein' funny, that's all."

<style>
So come by west by east
Tell me what you've done
Over and over
Quote:xD
WC: 574

Not a single understanding about why it was unsuitable to ask such a question, crossed her mind. Peony was curious, and curiosity got the best of the Braithwaite. She’d have to ask Manny later then, that was what she concluded.

Hosea couldn’t show his best friend? Why not? About to voice an opinion she snapped her mouth shut and glanced around her for a moment before she looked back at him, lilac eyes flickering everywhere but his being. Oh. She said, when he said it was private. But why was it private? As soon as the thought crossed her mind, he began his explanations. At first she was nodding her head trying to wrap her mind around it, and then. Then she felt weird. Awkward, why had she even asked such a thing?

Hosea further explained things to her, and Peony felt her own face growing hot. Lord have mercy on my soul. Arousal is a sin within Gods permission between a man and a woman. A frown etched its way onto her face, and she watched him with lilac eyes, for once, silence overcame her entire body. Her facial features were even completely blank. So, this is what embarrassment felt like? Peony didn’t realize her innocent questions were actually something more dirty than that. And she felt the heat in her face, and trailing up towards her ears and down her neck.

Peony had asked the question of why they were different and what they looked like, and why the one looked weird on the tree, and she’d gotten her answers. And a pull down in her groin had her looking elsewhere but at him. I didn’t know any of that. Thank you for the information Hosea. Now she went about her business as usual turning her back to the tree. Internally she screamed and wanted to look at him, and wondered what everyone else’s looked like. But that meant they needed to be aroused. Which meant…. Shaking away the thoughts, Peony focused on his eyes instead.

Furrowing her brow she answered his chuckle with a mono-toned voice. Well, I don’t think it’s very funny at all, Hosea. They shouldn’t be puttin’ things like that for…children to see! Or me! Goodness, I didn’t even know what that was, and now that I do, I feel super weird. Although she said that on the exterior, internally she wondered if she could possibly make one that looked way better than that. She also figured it might not be too weird to ask Manny, but apparently it was odd to ask Hosea. Why?

Offering her hand towards Hosea she aimed to latch onto his elbow, completely ignoring the fact that her curiosity was still lingering. Part of her wanted to see Hosea’s, but it was a very intimate matter. And that wasn’t appropriate for the engaged Braithwaite. Who do ya think did it?

Was this what it would feel like to explain to her children what the “birds and bees” were? Because Peony wasn’t even sure if she could manage that, she wasn’t sure what things were anyways, so how could she even be sure that her own children would get the proper explanation of how things worked? Curse her grandmother for never allowing her to really attend any social events with the children, for grooming her to be the golden child. For fucks sake, she was nearly three and never even had her first kiss.
[html]

[300+] • blackmail material right here

His initial plan was to simply check out the carving, have a few good laughs, and carry on his way.
He hadn't expected to have to explain the male anatomy to his best friend and crush.

However, if it had to be done, the Courtright at least wished it was done without bringing the poor girl any disgust or embarrassment.
It had brought both.

Hosea tried to quickly make jokes then, anything to make the situation less awkward and to draw attention away from all this serious penis talk before he started imagining things and was able to provide a demonstration.
"I mean, I wouldn't keep ya from sneakin' a peak, but you'd have to get it up first." The archer half-jested, trying to tease Peony while he had the firepower. At least if he was poking fun at the situation, he was focusing on eliciting maybe a giggle or two from the Braithwaite female.
It always helped in a situation like this to laugh at oneself. He was just trying to help.

He tried stifling another laugh, shaking his head in agreement, "Sorry, you're right, not funny at all. Not... Not the least bit." A chuckle was threatening to escape, finding the frustration on her face, brought on by a childish carving, absolutely hilarious.
He breathed in deeply and exhaled with an audible sigh, trying to calm down.

He patted the hand on his arm and shrugged at her question, "Not sure, I was think' 'bout than m'self." But he was curious to hear Peony's suspicions.
The mongrel turned to her and grinned as they walking away from the obscene foliage, "Wanna bet it was Azade? She seems like she'd be a secret pervert, no one would suspect it!" The hired hand joked again, still trying to cheer his company up.

<style>
So come by west by east
Tell me what you've done
Over and over
Quote:WC: 275

A joyous interaction quickly turned awkward. How could it not? The Braithwaite female was oblivious to anything, and certainly everything, that had to do with being sexual. But if you asked her a question about horses or about how one might weave a flower basket or crown, oh, she could tell you right off the bat.

Hosea and her usually continued with their banter and their jokes. But today, Peony was utterly curious and confused. How could you “get it up”? What is….get it up? What does that mean? A plain look of confusion crossed her features and she flickered an ear, then straightened herself up a little bit more. His stifled smile made her blink back more confusion, and instead she furrowed her brow, and waved a hand in front of her face.

Pish posh, I don’t think it’s very funny, darlin’. A flick of her wrist as she addressed everything that was happening at this moment. How could Hosea remain so calm, and yet find it also funny? Peony’s lilac eyes flickered around them and then landed on Hosea’s chocolate eyes. Hmm. A thoughtful hum produced in her throat as she thought for a moment.

Azade? Azade was too nice for that, and besides, why would Hosea even think that their friend would do such a thing. Normally Peony wasn’t one to gossip, but harmless banter wasn’t that bad, right? Azade? I think she’s too good for…those things. However; I was thinking BrickFace. Another thought occurred to her just then. Or…. she trailed off and locked eyes with him as she began to walk away from the penis drawing. Maybe it was you.
[html]

[300+] • hos is like nvm its awkward now

Dropping the jokes, he shook his head. She was too innocent to understand his teasing, and it would be far too awkward to explain. "Nothin', forget it, I was only bein' silly." He said with an understanding tone.
The Courtright could no longer refrain from laughing when Peony reacted as she did, telling him it wasn't funny. "No, no! Of course not!" He agreed, though his giggling proved otherwise.

He swallowed after his laughing fit, trying to calm his heart which had suddenly started racing at the term of endearment.
That was silly, though, she was only being friendly. He was too caught up on a word that meant nothing past kindness.

"I know, I was jokin', Miss Peony. But it would be awful funny, wouldn't it?" Hosea shrugged.
Though, her suggestion of Brickface surprised him. "Oh, really? Why would ya think she'd do somethin' like this, she always seemed a more serious sort t' me..." He pondered, head titled some as he imagined the scene.

But he was suddenly distracted by another accusal.
Me? He thought, I wish.

His brown eyes rolled at the idea. "Come on now, Miss Peony... Do you really think I'd do a thin' like that? How little faith d'ya got in me, dear?" The freckled mutt asked with a mischievous wink.
Hosea hadn't carved the image, but perhaps it would be fun to at least act like he was the guilty party.
"Though, I guess I do have the ref'rence for it, where as a sweet innocent dame like yerself prolly wouldn't have a clue where to start with somethin' so lewd." That was another reason he couldn't honestly see Azade or Brickface vandalizing the tree. Their sexual history was none of his business, and while the former did seem old enough to have seen a few, erm... models in her day, the Courtright couldn't see them just going around and doing something so vulgar.

<style>
So come by west by east
Tell me what you've done
Over and over
Quote:MEEP xD
WC:397

Somehow the more Hosea said it was “just a joke” Peony grew all the more curious. It wasn’t appropriate though, and the realization sent her over the edge. Her skin grew hot with a blush as she turned her back to Hosea. How could she feel like this? He was just her friend. Right?

The conversation turned and she blinked a little bit, her lilac eyes staring curiously at Hosea. For now, she would keep her trap shut. It seemed the more she spoke, the more she got into trouble. Or at least, the more she seemed to dig herself into a hole she couldn’t get out of. Curiosity got the better of her though, and while she didn’t respond to everything he said right away, she simply gave him her best smile.

BrickFace seems like she’s the rough’n’tumble type. ‘At’s all. Her sing-song voice captured her own ears for a moment, which made her smile a little larger. Hosea’s continued laughter made Peony shake her head at him. Closing her lilac eyes as she did so. It was funny, but that wasn’t who she was. The likes of these childish things weren’t for her. Or were they? I’unno. She answered his next question about how little faith she had in him. A coy shrug of her shoulders and a grin topped it off.

Teasing Hosea was her favorite pastime. Even as children they were constantly teasing and testing one another’s boundaries. The “dear” part he said to her, made her almost lose balance and she felt her heart skip a beat. No, not appropriate. She thought to herself, before turning attention back to the penis at hand. Maybe ya did do it. Ya jus’ don’t wanna admit it.

The next turn of the conversation actually made Peony slightly irritated. How dare he? Yes, she was an innocent dame, but how dare he. She scoffed, and turned on him with a heel. Seriousness etched all over her face. An’ do ya think I couldn’t have done this? A blink then she glanced down at the rest of his body and stepped a little closer so her chin tilted upwards to glance into brown eyes.

I betcha I could do this an’ it’d be ten times better. A huff, as she laid a finger on his chest, and the turned again, walking away from the terribly drawn penis.
[html]

[250+] • pfft

He shrugged.
Try as he might, the archer just couldn't imagine somebody as serious as Brickface even thinking about committing such an act, let alone coming out and actually doing it.
"Sure, she's rough, but I think yer lookin' for somebody more mischievous to do somethin' like that." Hosea claimed, "Or maybe a youngin' jus' tryna be rebellious! Like Remy, maybe." He guessed, though he doubted such a sweet kid would carve vulgar images into a tree.

The mutt feigned being offended at her apparent lack of faith in him, frowning and putting a hand to his heart. "Miss Peony, ya can't think that badly 'bout me, can ya?" However, he finished off his act with a grin and a wink.

The male scoffed, "Peo, if I did it I would be braggin'. Look at the attention it's gathered, it's the talk of the town! Hell, I might say I did do it for the fun of it! That'd get me pretty popular, ya think?" He joked, happy to tease his friend back.

He movements startled him, and he stood with a raised brow as the Braithwaite stepped closer to him. "Well..." He'd started, before she finished her point off.
The coydog almost burst with laughter. "You? Peo, I'm sure yer artistic enough, but ya didn't even know what one looked like 'fore ya saw it!"
Hosea shook his head and followed after his disgruntled companion. She had sure gotten more fiesty since their play time as pups.
The realization of it made him smirk.

<style>
So come by west by east
Tell me what you've done
Over and over
Quote:she's fiesty <3 call it a wrap!
WC: 293

His words about Remy made her motherly-instincts come out. She gave him an inward narrowed eye and an eyebrow raise. Now, now, I don’t think our sweet ‘lil Remy would be the one ta do that. “Ours” was thrown out loosely, but she meant it. Remy was just as much hers as he was his own parents. She loved that goofy kid that she often times helped carry drunkards out of the bar with.

Flickering a hand towards the comrade of hers, she huffed. Bad? Sarcasm wasn’t her forte, but she was trying. You? Never. When he winked at her and then grinned, her heart fluttered in her chest. Always doing something to her heart and making her feel like a child again. They were almost three and she was so coddled her entire life and groomed that she couldn’t quite grasp these feelings that were bubbling inside of her stomach.

Often times, she had to stop herself from running up and just hugging Hosea, because it wasn’t her betrothed. Scoffing at him, she rolled her eyes. Psh, I wouldn’t doubt it, Mister Courtright.

Suddenly, the anger found its way bubbling up and she felt like Hosea was coddling her now. Stalking off she turned around to shoot daggers at him. Hardly fair, you will rue the day you’ve said that Mister Courtright! There was a playful tone to it, but she really was upset by his doubting of her being able to draw a penis.

I’m off to find myself one of them penis things! And with that, the Braithwaite female left her best friend stammering after her, but she was long gone before he could recover and pick his jaw up off the ground. My, my Peony, you certainly are feisty.