[M] AMA 'Souls-style
poor o'riley will never hear the end of it re: his love life LOL

San Wrote:Clementine Salcedo, would you ever consider taking on the Winters surname?

Clementine: Probably not, no; I have to assume my mothers considered and discarded it as a possibility for one reason or another.

Songbird Wrote:Indra Winters, would you ever tell your sister of your true parentage?

Indra: There's something to tell her?

Casimir Soul, are there any skills you'd like to master?
Kamari Kaiser, what’s the best way to start the day?
Indis, what're you most likely to become famous for?
Hosea Courtright, what's one thing you're looking forward to in the coming year?
Casa di Cavalieri, you guys have had a pretty rough year. What do you think about all the changes?
(18 December 2020, 09:47 PM)Lorraine Wrote: Hosea Courtright, what's one thing you're looking forward to in the coming year?

Hosea: Hopefully tryin' to rebuild what I've lost this year. It's gonna take some time and some healin', but I ain't gonna spend a new year wallowin'.

Peony Braithwaite, does your family know of your recent tragedy? :(

Nazario del Bosque, in what ways do you think Del Cenere has changed after this last year? Was it for better or worse?

Skeleton Key, when are you gonna find somebody that treats you like you deserve you poor soul. :')

Bastian Nightshade, what do you think of snow? Make any snowluperci yet?
[Image: v0uz36G.png?1]
OOC: Had to upload an image to have the emojis, hopefully everyone can see it! <3
(18 December 2020, 09:47 PM)Lorraine Wrote: Kamari Kaiser, what’s the best way to start the day?
Kamari: -ponders deeply- I do like a good ride on horseback.

• Casimir Soul: Soo...uh...about your sword and your horse...
  • Lyra Salcedo: How's the arm?
  • Azalea Eternity: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you LOOOVE that Casimir fellow?
  • Brocade Valentine: So, you're a dad, and being a dad comes with a few expectations. How would you embarrass each of your children?
  • Fennore: Congrats on your new promotion! When you first helped form New Caledonia, did you ever expect to be ruling beside the High King?
  • Merlin Knight: If one of your daughters brought home a boy, what would you do?
(22 December 2020, 02:20 PM)Pabs Wrote: Bastian Nightshade, what do you think of snow? Make any snowluperci yet?

Bastian says: "No, not yet. I wanna do something special this year with my mom but she's not really in the mood yet... Something about an anniversary coming up? Wonder what that's about...
[Image: n3ncFp6.png]
(28 August 2020, 04:16 PM)Songbird Wrote:
  • Arran Fir-Chlis, who is a good boy?

Arran: Well, Tavor and Gwaun are pretty good. I also think that (names a bunch of other NC members)-- oh wait! Me! I'm a good boy!
Gonna do something new, and ask players a question because I love reading the writer/author/creator's thoughts on things! :D Multiple people feel free to answer these questions! I'm curious!

• Who has/is your favorite character that you've played on 'Souls, and why are they your favorite?

• What is your favorite kind of plot to write/play? Are you into romantic dramas? Love a good fight? A good villain speech or reveal? Tell us what gives you the biggest muse!

• What is your favorite kind of plot to read? Are you into romantic dramas? Love a good fight? A good villain speech or reveal? Tell us what always has you wanting to read more!

• If your character had a theme song, what would it be?

• Scars on characters. Love 'em? Hate 'em? Too edgy for you?

• If you could write your character(s) in an AU, what AU would you put each of them in and why?
(12 February 2021, 08:29 PM)Songbird Wrote:
  • Who has/is your favorite character that you've played on 'Souls, and why are they your favorite?

• What is your favorite kind of plot to write/play?  Are you into romantic dramas?  Love a good fight?  A good villain speech or reveal?  Tell us what gives you the biggest muse!

• What is your favorite kind of plot to read?  Are you into romantic dramas?  Love a good fight?  A good villain speech or reveal?  Tell us what always has you wanting to read more!

• Scars on characters.  Love 'em?  Hate 'em?  Too edgy for you?

• If you could write your character(s) in an AU, what AU would you put each of them in and why?

Goodness, I'm surprised no one has answered these yet! These are some great questions. I suppose I can give it a go! 
  • So far, I think my favorite has been Redtooth/Andrew. His character development took him to places that I never initially thought he would go. From Inferni, to Salsola, (and eventually) to the Del Cenere Gang, each chapter felt very distinct and new. Each a cycle of reinvention. There's something that I really enjoy about playing a character in constant state of flux.
  • As far as my favorite plots to write go, I love a good corruption. Taking a likable, well-adjusted character and slowly peeling back the paint until what's left is something foul and rotten -- well, it's a great time.  :angel:  
  • My favorite plots to read though are probably romance tbh, especially a slow burn. Big shout out to Kamari and Krios, been stalking that 5ever and will never ever ever get tired of it.
  • Scars? I don't really have much of an opinion either way. Though I prefer to bring my characters in unmarred, I think scars can be an effective visual metaphor for change.
  •  As far as AUs go, I haven't really put much thought into this at all. For Andrew, it would likely be something medieval and politically driven like GOT, but without a cop-out ending. I'm still mad as you can probably tell.
(12 February 2021, 08:29 PM)Songbird Wrote: Gonna do something new, and ask players a question because I love reading the writer/author/creator's thoughts on things! :D Multiple people feel free to answer these questions! I'm curious!

• What is your favorite kind of plot to write/play? Are you into romantic dramas? Love a good fight? A good villain speech or reveal? Tell us what gives you the biggest muse!

• What is your favorite kind of plot to read? Are you into romantic dramas? Love a good fight? A good villain speech or reveal? Tell us what always has you wanting to read more!

• Scars on characters. Love 'em? Hate 'em? Too edgy for you?

I'll give this a shot as well! It's fun to see people's answers to questions like these!
  • This is a tough question for me, especially as my characters still develop. I initially would have answered Harvey Butler, because he's the first character I really got into 'Souls with, but I think it's a toss-up now between Hosea Courtright and Sugabear Perrin du Lac, because they both have evolved into really fun and interesting characters for me to play.

• I like goofy plots! Any chance that I can have for my character to be silly or even just lay back a bit from any usual seriousness is exciting for me. Playing a super morose character (like Sabine) in those moments when they let their guard down and laugh a little is *chef's kiss*

• I am a fool for some good slow-burn romance plots, but villainous/unstable monologues are up there lol.

• Theme songs:
    - Hosea: Fingers To The Bone by Brown Bird
    - Sugabear: Roll The Bones by Shakey Graves
    - Sean: Saints and Sinners by Young Dubliners

• Love 'em! Kinda? I tend to start my characters fresh (Harv and Lauren were exceptions), but I don't mind them getting a little roughed up! They're like physical evidence of development/growth! However, if my character remains unmarred, I'm not upset about it.

• I've written a few of them in AUs already! Laurentius and Priscilla were in a Dragon Age: Inquisition AU, but for my active characters...
    - Hosea: Red Dead Redemption, for sure. I've written some AU ROs already, but I'd love to play more in that space.
    - Sugabear: Fantasy, where magic is real and he could probably most likely be a tea-sipping necromancer lol.
    - Sean: I think a Pacific Rim aU with Sean would be funny, but otherwise maybe an AU where he isn't as obnoxious ;)
(12 February 2021, 08:29 PM)Songbird Wrote: Gonna do something new, and ask players a question because I love reading the writer/author/creator's thoughts on things!  :D  Multiple people feel free to answer these questions!  I'm curious!

Jumping on the bandwagon!

Semini was my long time gal and holds a special place in my heart, but I have been having a blast changing it up since her! Calrian is probably my favorite right now, just because he is so dumb and I feel a kinship with that.

• What is your favorite kind of plot to write/play?  Are you into romantic dramas?  Love a good fight?  A good villain speech or reveal?  Tell us what gives you the biggest muse!
    I've been exploring a lot more plot types and genres recently! Really happy to be writing primarily comedic stuff these days, because that feels natural to my sensibility. I will always love a good RomComDram, and a good ANGST.

• What is your favorite kind of plot to read?  Are you into romantic dramas?  Love a good fight?  A good villain speech or reveal?  Tell us what always has you wanting to read more!
    I love a good pay off! And I mean...who doesn't want to read amazing years long slow-burn romance or cute as heck budding romance. Mandi's "tired Dad and kids" makes me feel things in my soul. Family stories and love stories always hit me right in the kokoro ;_;

Lmao I am the worst at music selections but I will try with my current roster and pick what I think the character would listen to:

Calrian: He would definitely listen to Pop/Dance music, so like Blinding Lights—the Weeknd, or an Ariana Grande song lmao
    Casimir: The saddest boy can only listen to the saddest music, aka The Only Thing—Sufjan Stevens
    Serafina: Soft and atmospheric indie like Video Child—Many Voice Speak
    Tiamat: Hurt and hopeful and vengeful, so Awful Sound (oh Eurydice)—Arcade Fire

• Scars on characters.  Love 'em?  Hate 'em?  Too edgy for you?
    I love them! But I hate to draw them, so I never design characters with them. I feel like more characters would naturally have them, just from living in this kind of world.

Calrian: I love the idea of a medieval fantasy setting with a heist/conman plot for him.
    Casimir: He would do well in a modern life AU. Maybe summer camp Salsola
    Serafina: She fits YA fantasy well! Maybe a cyber punk dystopia B)
    Tiamat: Something something Space Opera
Who has/is your favorite character that you've played on 'Souls, and why are they your favorite?
I love both of my characters for different reasons, but I think Azalea is my favorite just because she has so much room for growth! I have so many ideas and plans for her, muahahahah!

What is your favorite kind of plot to write/play? Are you into romantic dramas? Love a good fight? A good villain speech or reveal? Tell us what gives you the biggest muse!
I really love silly plots, like me and Salena's Hogwarts AU for the AU contest. That was THE MOST FUN to write.

What is your favorite kind of plot to read? Are you into romantic dramas? Love a good fight? A good villain speech or reveal? Tell us what always has you wanting to read more!
To read, I'm not a huge romance person, so those often aren't really my thing. I really like well-put together plots, where you can find key details leading up to a big reveal in previous threads and be like OMG WTF that was amazing. I really enjoy reading those, doesn't matter what kind of plot it is.

If your character had a theme song, what would it be?
Lordy, I'm not great at this. I'll think about it some more and hopefully edit this with songs. I'm sorry.  :(

Scars on characters. Love 'em? Hate 'em? Too edgy for you?
Love them when they are appropriate for the character and the character's history. Wouldn't just bring a character on board that is covered with scars simply because they look cool. On a related note, whenever I get my shit together and can bring my next character on-board they are going to have some awesome scarification on their left shoulder. 

If you could write your character(s) in an AU, what AU would you put each of them in and why?
I would put Azalea back into Harry Potter, because she obviously did amazing in the first HP AU she was placed in ( :devious: ). As for Azade, I would put her into A Song of Ice and Fire. Just because I have the feeling she would kick ass.