[NEWS] Account Linking & OOC Accounts
It seems like I'm only able to link one account to my OOC Account? Is this the function? 

I cleared my cache and refreshed the site, and still, it only drops down showing my one lonely linked account when clicking "Attached Accounts" from the top right, and it only gives me the 'detach' option in the User CP.
Away
(23 August 2020, 06:32 PM)Sammiie Wrote: It seems like I'm only able to link one account to my OOC Account? Is this the function? 

I cleared my cache and refreshed the site, and still, it only drops down showing my one lonely linked account when clicking "Attached Accounts" from the top right, and it only gives me the 'detach' option in the User CP.

You should be able to attach unilimited accounts... the Attached Accounts from the main menu would only show accounts you've already attached. UCP>Attached Accounts should have "Options" on the left to attach additional accounts and existing attached accounts on the right, where the only function is to detach.
it was me. i broke it.
commission info | twitter | instagram | fb
OK I was very confused for a minute there. While collecting screenshots to show you, I realized I did it backwards. The wording in there is very confusing -- especially in regards to master accounts.

I think the master accounts option doesn't work properly tho -- I tried linking my Lithia account to my Sammiie account (whereas the Sammie account was the Master Account), and it just linked by Sammiie account to my Sammiie account. I thought I did it wrong, so I did it from Lithia's account, and it did the same thing -- linking Lithia to Lithia. I'll try to get some screenshots for that so it might be easier to understand? NVM it works now. Maybe I was just more confused than I thought >_<

I DO have question though -- why are OOC Accounts a thing now? :)
Away
I made some small updates to the account linking page, including some language updates, so hopefully it's a little more clear in there.

Quote:I DO have question though -- why are OOC Accounts a thing now? :)

Everyone seemed in favour of it.
it was me. i broke it.
Also idk if this is a glitch or supposed to happen but I can’t post with my ooc account in the request section.
Quote:Also idk if this is a glitch or supposed to happen but I can’t post with my ooc account in the request section.
Fixed.
it was me. i broke it.
This may have been covered already but is there a way to hide the master account from the list of 'Other Characters'? (i.e. The ooc account)
Quote:This may have been covered already but is there a way to hide the master account from the list of 'Other Characters'? (i.e. The ooc account)

You can hide the OOC account the same way you hide IC accounts via UCP, if you want it to not show up altogether, though this sort of defeats the purpose of centralising PMs/communications to the OOC account.

I would love to have the OOC account properly show up under "OOC name" so you don't need a separate field for it, but the way account linking is handled doesn't give me an easy way to do this even though it does differentiate master accounts from linked accounts. It's on my todo, but fixing up profile field organisation in UCP and various other things are higher priority for me.

I guess I can rename the "Other Characters" label to "Other Accounts" if that makes listing the OOC account among the IC ones less weird though??
it was me. i broke it.
Quote:[font="Open Sans", Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]You can hide the OOC account the same way you hide IC accounts via UCP, if you want it to not show up altogether, though this sort of defeats the purpose of centralising PMs/communications to the OOC account.[/font]

[font="Open Sans", Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]I would [/font][font="Open Sans", Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]love[/font][font="Open Sans", Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif] to have the OOC account properly show up under "OOC name" so you don't need a separate field for it, but the way account linking is handled doesn't give me an easy way to do this even though it [/font][font="Open Sans", Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]does[/font][font="Open Sans", Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif] differentiate master accounts from linked accounts. It's on my todo, but fixing up profile field organisation in UCP and various other things are higher priority for me.[/font]

[font="Open Sans", Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]I guess I can rename the "Other Characters" label to "Other Accounts" if that makes listing the OOC account among the IC ones less weird though??[/font]

No worries. I think somewhere in my head I was hoping for the same thing, the ooc account to properly show up under the ooc name. It's fine where it's at and under the categorization, of course, because I believe most players can tell the difference between someone's ooc name and their characters who're displayed differently due to their group coloration.