Just a few
It has been one very exciting, very long month since I first brought Maephis in and now I have a new character as well who is going to need threads. Therefore, I'm editing an old thread request hub to see if I can generate interest.

Maephis Valekoi

[Image: 1Zl6y26.png] 

Maephis Valekoi is the daughter of Calla Valentine and Till Van Ulrich Lykoi, conceived in Portland shortly before she left for Spain. A lot has happened in the poor pup's life that has led her back to Nova Scotia, though not exactly with the intent of joining Salsola. With an old painting of her father and herbs collected shortly after she arrived, she doesn't have much to her name aside from a few dresses a couple of resources keeping her going until she is able to find a pack to call her home. She is something of a version of Calla, minus the fact that Calla thought her too vulnerable in her pursuits that led to the jealousy between Maephis and her sister, Kalani, while the two were growing up. Interested in the mystic and all things supernatural, she has shown an interest in the spiritual pursuits as well as medicinal herbs since both the ships' medic and her mother taught her things about them since she was young.

During her time in Nova Scotia, she has joined New Caledonia and started up a few rather fun plots. She has obtained a new home, a new cNPC by the name of Camille de le Poer, daughter of Crucible de le Poer. She has discovered a love for herbs and the beginning stages of learning how to heal while also exploring the darker side of her. She recently led a member of the pack she was jealous of into an ambush where Inara was taken captive. Right now, I am no longer accepting threads but I am taking sprees on current threads until I slim her down some.

1. Threads

Maethriel Cirith

[Image: J49bM22.png]

Maethriel Cirith is a strong boned woman born to clan Aegas, also a member of New Caledonia and a member of original Caledonia. A blacksmith by trade, she is often accompanied by her younger sister, Mirwen Cirith, who is just as skilled in the trade. During the war that led to the origins of New Caledonia, Maethriel and Mirwen made and repaired weapons that were used on the side of Caledonia. Discouraged by the war's loss and the disbandment of their home, the two traveled for a few months until they met another smith who was far more knowledgeable in the craft than either of them were. Trading the skill of her voice, Mirwen was able to obtain the both of them an apprenticeship with the smith and Maethriel, to offer something to the terms of their agreement, picked up the menial tasks that involved a stronger arm. Several months later, the two having significantly increased their skill and experience, chose to return to Caledonia proper which resulted in a few weeks of travel and eventually led to the two rejoining.

Maethriel is not your standard, happy go lucky girl. Having rightfully gained a distrust toward males due to one giving her the scar she has at her throat, she often accompanies other woman when she's not busy at the smithy. Her sister is a little more loose with whom she spends company but for the most part, is Maethriel's conscience when the two are out and about. I would indeed like to see how romance would play with her but I have a feeling that she will be slow to trust and slow to earn so a slow and steady plot would be required here. She needs threads that are going to push her toward a corank in blacksmithing and she may end up wanting to eventually join or start a guild when she's of viable rank. She could use meet and greet threads to earn the trust of fellow pack members and is more than willing to teach children or other adults skills in regards to working with metal. For now, most of her equipment is basic; hammers, tongs, and a few other items, but she could use more equipment and a usable furnace and smithy.

Her weapon of choice is a large curve sided hammer made of hard wood. Threads in which she has to use said weapon would be fun.

1. Thread One
  2. Thread Two
  3. Thread Three
  4. Thread Four
Howdy Dread! I've got my character Woodsmoke in New Caledonia who just so happens to have had a daughter with Till. Smokecloud's about the same age as Maephis and she'd be delighted to have a sister. I could see Woodsmoke trying to take Maephis under her wing in the old ways of wolves, helping to refine her lupus hunting skills, but she wouldn't be able to help with much else.
@Scott, She isn't really aware of any other Till children, just the ones that her mother had with her father. She'd gladly welcome another sibling who wasn't being fawned over by her parents, though. She'd probably also be grumbly about being in lupus again so soon after her change but I'd gladly accept her grumblies since she's not great at hunting and needs the training in it. She should be accepted in soon, I'm hoping. Any preference on who starts?
(22 August 2020, 08:56 PM)Dread Wrote: @Scott, She isn't really aware of any other Till children, just the ones that her mother had with her father. She'd gladly welcome another sibling who wasn't being fawned over by her parents, though. She'd probably also be grumbly about being in lupus again so soon after her change but I'd gladly accept her grumblies since she's not great at hunting and needs the training in it. She should be accepted in soon, I'm hoping. Any preference on who starts?

I'm fine with starting the thread, otherwise, I'm happy to go with what you'd prefer. Let me know when she's ready. If you want to hash stuff out a bit more, I'm happy to do so on Discord or in private messages on here.  Regthumbsup
@Scott, That would be great. Still waiting but I'll message when she's accepted. If you need any co-rank things or whatever, I'd be glad to toss her your way for that too if needed.
@Scott, I got the go ahead to post in NC forum. She'll be titled soon. Feel free to start when you are up to it. <3
Bump on account of new character. :)
Hi Dread! I have Athalie in NC. Maybe she could annoy Maethriel about smithing/ various weapons out of curiosity? I want her to have a dagger or two at some point, too. If you're interested, we could chat about it through PM or Discord :)
That sounds great, Killi! Feel free to message on discord at any time. :)