[DND] The Fun House
Quilo visibly relaxed when he realized this wasn't her territory and he wasn't inadvertently trespassing, as well as in response to her visible relaxation and posture change. He had assumed no threatening stance of his own, or at least tried to, but it may have been obvious at the time that there was a certain level of tension in the moment that had dissolved upon her confession and gentleness. He sat calmly as she approached the water's edge and drank, allowing him to get a better look at her and her sons.

The first thing he noticed about her were her eyes, shining pebbles of light purple that sparkled like jewels in the light cast from the stream between them. The next, her many scars, and her bandages. She seemed to carry herself in an injured manner. Judging by how carefully she moved and how her sons had to help her, the injuries had been quite awful. She didn't seem to let that affect her smile though and her gentleness. She was easy on the eyes, but there was the unmistakable scent of a male on her, the same scent carried on the two sons which were most likely his, mixed with each of their own. Rustic, earthy. Quilo would have to see the father to determine which of the two they both take after more, but he could definitely see Nyx's bloodline in the two males. He continued to try and keep his gaze respectful, not lingering too long.

His gaze raised to hers for only a moment as she addressed him. "Yes, I'm alone. I've been taking care of myself for the most part, doing what I can as I travel. Luckily there are still many plants and small creatures available for the land to give along my journey." He can't imagine how things would have turned out if he hadn't left as early as he did. Winter did not give much in the way of sustenance when you were on your own.

His ears perked up at the mention of food. For so long he had been subsiding on wild weeds and lean rabbits, small birds, eggs if the nests were low enough. What could they have to offer him?

He was about to speak when his stomach suddenly growled loudly, causing him to blush under his fur. I guess that's decided. "You have no idea how much that offer means to me. I would love something to eat, but I don't want to be a burden on your group. I'd be happy to do whatever I could in return for whatever you offer." He stood upon the shore. Normally he wouldn't be so forward with such an invitation, learning to be wary of such promises in his recent journey, but he was so hungry and so tired. Come whatever may come, even if he was going to be tricked, as long as he finally got some decent food in his belly.

"Before that, though, can I do something for you?" He looked around the shoreline. "You're bleeding and you seem to be itching as well. I imagine it's from your wounds healing. I know something that can help with both of those issues, if I can just find some.." He began sniffing around through the various plants, seemingly on a mission, almost forgetting that the others were there.
Walks, "Talks", and thinks.

Messages In This Thread
The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 16 September 2020, 06:31 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 03:32 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 06:05 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 06:37 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 07:35 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 10:53 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 18 September 2020, 12:15 AM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 18 September 2020, 12:30 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 18 September 2020, 03:39 PM