[DND] The Fun House
Tail swishing happily, Quilo watched as she began to prepare the table for the meal. Tender cuts of meat were placed in the middle of the table within paw's reach, then potatoes, carrots, and other tasty looking plants, his eyes wide as saucers in awe of this delectable display.

A thin line of drool trailed from his mouth as he looked at the others, waiting for them to start eating, and the moment he saw them all start, he almost jumped up onto the table to start devouring. Thankfully, Quilo had the presence of mind to stop himself just short of a catastrophe, in no small part due to Nyx suddenly addressing him. He looked down at his paws on the table and coughed quietly, then attempted to 'sit' on the odd seat as best as he could with his wolf butt.

After finding a comfortable seat, he shook his head. "Thank you, but that won't be necessary. I can manage, as long as you'll forgive my non-luperci eating habits." With grace and civility, Quilo reached a paw out across the table and dragged a hunk of venison toward himself, then claimed another prize of a couple carrots, a potato, and some of the herbs as he pondered her earlier questions. How much to tell her?

"I guess I do owe you three a dinner story..."

Carefully, the white wolf reached down and snatched up a potato into his jaws, ending the tuber's existence as a solid object and banishing it to the dungeons of his belly for the rest of its days.

"I lived in a place far to the west of here, at least that's the direction I was told. To help shorten the story, the pack I was born into, and grew up in, had some major disagreements. I was driven to leave. Well...that's not necessarily true. I made the decision to leave. For all intents and purposes, they wanted me to stay, but I couldn't."

Frosty ears drooped a little, but a loud growling noise suddenly emanating from his abdomen practically echoed around the room, distracting him.

Then with much less civility, he began destroying all the food in front of him as though he hadn't eaten in months, which was actually partly true, wolfing down bits and pieces of everything as he savagely tore it apart.

The venison, so gamey but such a word was lost on a wolf's appetite. It was however, juicy, tasting so much of the very air of this land. He could even taste the crisp clean water he had quenched his thirst with not long ago, the plants the deer had nibbled on in its lifetime, some of the same plants he himself had snacked on during his journey. What wonderful sensations, such a vivid picture playing in his mind, as though he himself were walking in this deer's hooves.

The potatoes, the carrots, the herbs, grown with such care. They tasted of the earth and the air of this place, picked from the ground gently warmed by the sun in the finest gardens of the-

Quilo opened his eyes, heat blazing under the snowy coat as he remembered where he was.

"I'm so sorry, it's just really...really good." He swallowed whatever food bits remained in his mouth.

"I have some regrets on leaving, sure, but I think it was for the best. I don't mind talking about it, but for now, I don't want to sour this meal by laying all of my troubles onto you three. Maybe another time. As for why I'm here, honestly, this is just where I ended up. I can't say I was drawn here as I didn't know this part of the world existed, but I heard stories of this land. For the first several months into my journey, I was able to travel with a Luperci gypsy troupe, riding in one of their wagons pulled by horses. They taught me some things about the world of Luperci and non-Luperci and even some stories of things from the past, strange things. They loved and encouraged my manners and the way I spoke. They taught me to sing and dance, kinda hard to dance on four paws but I do so from time to time when the moon is right. They taught me to read and fail at writing. They had many books to read, but for writing-"

He chuckled and wiggled the toes on his front paw. "The best I could do at the time was roughly scratch my name into the dirt."

Golden eyes flicked between the three. "What about you? Have you all lived in this area your whole lives? Have you been a part of any packs before starting up your group?"

He was much more tactful about the remaining morsels of food still in front of him.
Walks, "Talks", and thinks.

Messages In This Thread
The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 16 September 2020, 06:31 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 03:32 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 06:05 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 06:37 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 17 September 2020, 07:35 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 17 September 2020, 10:53 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 18 September 2020, 12:15 AM
RE: The Fun House - by Nyx Greyfire - 18 September 2020, 12:30 PM
RE: The Fun House - by Quilo - 18 September 2020, 03:39 PM