[DND] Plucking Petals
She felt like a sunbeam or a wispy cloud. Vegard had agreed to the hunt, and though they were together, they were simply walking within the territory. He had promised to make her a crown of flowers, only if she didn’t steal from him again. While the handsome man had little trinkets that did tickle her sticky-fingers part of her brain, she decided it would be best to not indulge that compulsion. Glancing back,  Woodsmoke’s smile was hidden from Vegard’s view, though her tail was wagging as they walked together. Perhaps it was a spark of youth brought out by a sudden connection, or maybe it was that time for her again. When she found men irresistible and many of them found her just the same. Regardless she was giddy to be with someone so attractive and a little bit like her.

“I saw flowers growing out of rocky ground a while back,” she explained to her new companion. Her normal followers were either distant or nowhere to be seen. Cherub did shadow her though, his dark shape flying from tree to tree as they moved further and further away. “I figured we may find some up here,” the woman continued. “They won’t be big, but the ones I did see were still pretty.” Looking over her shoulder, her smile was still plastered on her face. The Teeth were not a normal haunt for Woodsmoke, as she preferred the lowlands and the woods throughout the realm. She had climbed mountains before, though only on all fours. It was a bit more difficult standing upright, she felt, but not impossible.

Trees had become sparse, replaced by small plants and scrubby brush. Juniper here and there, and sun-bleached stumps and logs of trees that had fallen and died years ago. Some were charred by fire, probably due to lightning strikes. Up here they could see the lived in areas of The Realm. It was a wonderful vantage point, but her attention wasn’t on their home. No, Woodsmoke’s eyes wandered from the ground in search of flowers, to Vegard and his very pleasant form. “If we can’t find any, maybe we could use something else?” Woodsmoke asked. “I’ll let you figure that out, O’ forger of flower crowns.”

WC: 375
OOC: bloop  WC:647
We swam among the northern lights, And hid beyond the edge of night

Vegard had been happy enough to keep his word and wander off into the depths of New Caledonia with the Wildling. She still did not don clothing, and this time, neither did he. He had done it to make the woman feel a bit at ease, and also because he liked to not be constricted by clothes all the time either. If he could*, he would run around as she did, but something did not feel "safe" about it to him all the time, and so it was more likely one would find him with some sort of pants on with no shirt. He did feel safe enough now, and when she had come to get him, he felt happy enough to oblige.

Vegard found some interest in the woman who was older than he. He wondered how she had lived a life so long without knowing about the simple pleasures of living as a child with no hands to make their own flower crowns. He knew that when he was in his youth he had seen some of his cousins make flower crowns for the other girls, and he had told them to teach him so that he could make them for his brother. Kitsch was his Flower King, and when he had shifted he made sure that one of the things he did for his brother was make him a flower crown. He remembered those days as if they were just yesterday, and maybe what he liked about Woodsmoke was that she had reminded him of a simpler time. A simpler place.

Vegard tried hard to stay in the present, and for his mind to not slip away into good old memories, of when they were admittedly poor but happy with what they did have with their mother. Vegard's hand did go to his neck, where the jewelry was still there, even though he was bare everywhere else. It felt unnatural to have this charm not be around his neck. He did not know why it had such a grip on him but he also didn't mind it much.

Ve had followed the woman through the terrain, for she had told him that she had found a small patch somewhere up through the Teeth and it had seemed that the woman had been less inclined to a place such as the mountains of the Teeth, but Vegard was more than comfortable with travelling through most terrains, and he took a brisk pace through them, preferring to get there as fast as possible, so that he could ride his adrenaline to their destination. He did, however, stop quite a few times as they passed by plants that they could use for the base of the crown. He was thinking ahead, to try to focus on the "now", and not the "then".

She filled the silence and focus between them with laughter and jokes, and Vegard chuckled with her as they moved along. "I mean we can make one of thorn vines, if they aren't dried out and petrified by now — but I don't think you want a crown of thorns, Lady Woodsmoke." he told her with a nod of his head and an nervous chuckle. He stopped again once they had beaten the brush finally to a small clearing with some pretty little flowers in it, though some too small to use or un-bloomed yet. Vegard would have to take these and they would have to keep moving if they wanted to find some more. 

"Here's some pretty little white ones." he said as he picked one of them and handed it to her. The little white flower was pretty against her dark fur, and he hoped that he could find some more that had more varying colors so that he could bring out the beautiful blues of her eyes.

Waiting for the dawn to come, And sang a song to save us all

"Speech."
Code by Lorr@SoulsRPG; Art by LilPupSpongeCake@Furaffinity

* he probably made up some excuse as to why it's not "proper" to run around naked.

Open my eyes in a    D A Z E
How long has it been? Am I so out of    P L A C E?
Warmth I can no longer    F E E L
My mountain is gone, I'm surrounded by    S T E E L
The strangest of structures arises    A H E A D
Seems to be held up by    N O T H I N G
Where have I gone, do I  D R E A M?
How can the stars be all I can  S E E?
“My teeth work well enough to keep others away,” she explained to Vegard when he brought up the thorns. “I wouldn’t want them poking me either, we must find the flowers then,” she added, smiling at the man. She knew not the religious symbolism of the crown of thorns, only that the vines were pesky and a pain to walk through. There was no need for her to wear them on her head, but she wondered how well they’d keep out nuisance animals and unwary luperci should she ever set up a camp in her journeys.

When handed the dainty little flower Woodsmoke stared at it in her grasp for a moment. Marveling at its tiny size. As a pup and ignorant young lass, mundane things as flowers were mysterious to her. In time she noticed that after flowers came fruits or seeds, and that flowers caught the attention of bugs and animals, and of course the attention of luperci. Her focus shifted to the man who handed her the tiny thing. He was far more captivating than any flower would be for a butterfly or bee. She would have to cherish every moment she spent alone with the handsome man. Any available woman could be jealous of her now, the huntress knew she’d be green with envy should she spot Vegard with another lady. She wouldn’t want to show him that, however.

“These are the same kind I spotted before,” the huntress explained, spinning the flower slowly between her thumb and index finger. “Or very similar to them,” she added, as she was no expert on flowers. She could tell animals apart, and even some tree. Flowers were different, and there were many, many different kinds of blooms that were small and white. Her hand fell to her side, but she kept the little flower in her grasp. Letting Vegard search, she followed the man. It allowed her to take in his frame, see his strength, and see how he took in and analyzed the surroundings.

She envied him, and not at the same time. It was an odd feeling she got when watching others observe their customs. Religion, culture, these things she didn’t really have. Then again, perhaps she did. Things long forgotten by civilized canines. Wolves were caretakers as they took lives. They were shepherds of the deer and rabbits and other things that scurried or tromped in the woods and fields. She did not have formalities when she was wild. There were no procedures or laws, only life. Though now she had a pack, one that was religious and cultured. One she didn’t fully understand but was thankful to be apart of. Before Woodsmoke was a packmate who she fancied, one she found odd but not in an annoying way. One she wanted to get to know better.

Reaching out she placed a gentle hand on Vegard’s arm as he looked about the ground for other flowers. “I know they’re important to you,” she stated softly, “but do the flower crowns mean something?” she asked. “I always thought flowers were pretty, but I rarely use my hands so I guess I never really thought to pick them,” the woman explained and then held up the tiny white one she kept grasped in her hand. Minuscule petals, tiny little parts held within, she didn’t know their purposes. “I know I’m very different from the rest of our pack, sometimes it feels like I shouldn’t be here,” she let out a sigh, though her smile remained. “I’m trying to learn though, so maybe a flower crown will help.”

WC: 600
OOC: bloop  WC:405

Vegard took a few of the flowers, making sure to grab as much of the stem as well to make sure he had something he could twist his vine around to make a base for the flower crown. It was not an abnormal activity for him, and it was something of a busywork for him if he was bored. They were cute and it was festive. As he moved around to grab a few more flowers, he found a rock to put them on to collect so that they could also settle in an area while they made the crowns.

It was so unfortunate that it was late into the season, where flowers were a fewer of both color and type, but he decided then that he would make her one in the spring, once the thaw of winter had come and relieved them of winter's icy grip. He could only hope that this winter was not as brutal as the last.

When the woman touched his arm and asked him if the flower crowns meant anything special, and Vegard shrugged his shoulders happily. "Honestly, I don't know! I just think that they look pretty, really." he chuckled, a wide smile forming on his long face. He ran his fingers through his multi-colored strands of hair and he scratched a little bit behind his ear before he went back to twisting stems and vines into a circular ring. He stuck in a few different flowers in different spots, and continued to do that until it was all the way around and then some. He then motioned for her to come closer, so that he could put it on her.  "I never really asked about if it had any meaning when I learned how, and I'm not sure if it's a popular thing for others to know how to do, it's just something I was taught when I was younger, and it always made my brother happy when I did." he spoke, his tone a bit melancholy as he spoke.

"But, they are really easy to make. Honest. I'll show you how to make it so that I can have one too. As long as we can find a few more flowers." he spoke as he looked to her, waiting until she was close enough to set the crown on her head and a smile on his face again.

"Speech."

Family was a thing she had before, though it wasn’t like the families in New Caledonia. Woodsmoke held no fond memories of her mother or her brothers, but the small spike of sadness in Vegard’s voice told her that he held happiness in his thoughts. Far away happiness. There was a time where she would have given the world to gain her mother’s approval, and there was a time where she believed she had obtained it. Though she was here now without Basswood, so that hope had been dashed the day she realized she was alone. The long lonesome walk she so stubbornly continued was dreadful. The only light she ever gained from it was Smokecloud.

She fancied this quiet, silly man, and was quite content to just sit on the mountain with him. She lowered her head so he could place the crown atop her noggin. Once placed she looked up at the handsome man and gave a small smile. “Maybe now that I have a crown, people will see me for what I am,” she said to him, a little coy. Woodsmoke was a flirt, though her way of wooing was always a little bit more charged than the innocent whispers the shy and young murmured. This was different though, with Vegard she felt like she needed a little more tact. “The Queen of The Wilds,” she uttered, placing a hand on Vegard’s cheek.

Her thumb gently rubbed against his face as she stared into his eyes. The woman was close enough to kiss him, but she did not bridge the gap. Instead, she kept staring into Vegard’s different colored eyes. She felt as if her own were plain, compared to his. The times she had seen her reflection in the water, her eyes were the only thing she could see peering back from her black visage. “You’re very handsome,” she told him, breaking the tender moment up that was carried well by the silence. “Let's find more flowers, I want to make you a crown,” the wild woman added, giving a playful lick across Vegard’s muzzle. In almost an instant, after her tongue had lashed out against his face, she was up and running, looking back briefly to see if Vegard would take chase.

WC: 377
OOC: bloop  WC:309

"— Queen of the Wilds,"

The words had made Vegard chuckle a bit at the woman. She was an optimist, he thought, and while he tried his best to be happy, there still loomed a dark cloud behind him, something that touched his very soul, and something that seemed to be missing from him. Sometimes, Vegard seemed as if he was a million miles away, even though he tried so very hard to be within the present, and to be there. He did not let himself get tucked away in a memory long past, in instead, he made new memories, here, with Woodsmoke. Her hand touched his cheek then, and she suddenly was very, very close to the Axeman.

The flirtation was a bit charged, and unexpected for him, and he found himself in the awkward position of not knowing how to respond. He had never let himself be bed with a woman other than Kattegat, platonically, and even though he was beginning to be well into his adulthood, he found himself craving peaceful sleep more than anything else really. Vegard's rosed ears turned back on his multi-colored crown and his eyes grew a bit big and marbled. Did she really want him to kiss her right now? Was she just teasing him? Testing him? He froze and as her tongue ran over his muzzle, it seemed to send a shockwave through him because he found his fur pinprick on edge all the way down to his wolfish tail. She had been quick to dash off after this, and he went to grab her, but just narrowly missed her.

Vegard yapped in slight frustration and excitement as he began to chase after her.

"If you go too fast, Lady Woodsmoke, you might trample them!" he shouted after her, but he also gave her a long string of chuckles as the chase began.

"Speech."