[AW] Hit it with a wooden stick
Bodies fashioned out of dirt and dust - For a moment we get to be glorious

stuff here

Borya was flying through his knowledge of books and reading, delving into writing his own works and 'publishing' them by sharing them out. One thing was happening that the young man never thought he'd be good at. Though he wasn't good, not by any stretch when comparing him to the other Cavaliers. With bow staff in hand, Borya was actually doing alright with sparring, even if he only trained against one person. But Tlama wasn't going so easy on him anymore, picking up with speed and taking the fights more seriously after Borya had managed to smack her on the nose enough times to find it embarassing. 

It felt relieving to know he could fight, at least a little, and a good training session filled Borya with warmth that wasn't just from overworked muscles. But for all the highs, Borya had to deal with the low of keeping all his training seasons short. His lungs couldn't handle the strain and already Borya could hear himself wheezing a little. If he'd have known a year ago that falling and drowning in a frozen lake would leave him forever struggling for breath, then he would never have tempted fate. 

But here he was, and the young man had learnt to deal with all his weaknesses. He had moments, sparks of greatness, it was just a matter of realising that a frail body wasn't all he was. Still, watching Tlama continue her own training in the sand pit without a sparring partner anymore, made Borya wish he could do just a little bit more. Maybe someone would come along to help the woman train, someone she didn't have to worry about hitting too hard. 

BORYA HUSHHOWL

In certain light I can plainly see,
A reflection of magnificence,
Hidden in you,
Maybe, even in me.
Dusk had grabbed Day from the dens, intending to have her join her for a sparring session up at the training ring in the fort. She would have asked Night, but she was just a tad busy with little Nova. That little girl was more rambunctious than both Zasha and Lyubov combined, leaving her dark sister with her hands full with just the one pup. As they had done before, Day brought her pair of daggers to spar with while the Hushhowl matriarch was planning on fighting hand to hand again.

It really wasn't that surprising to find others using the training ring as well, though it was honestly the first time Dusk had personally seen the pair there. With a smile on her face, Dusk approached her son as he watched his lady friend train. Day followed close behind, curious to see what their plan for the day would be. "Borya!" Her arm wrapped over his shoulders , pulling him close to her. "How are you doing hun?" Day pulled her small frame up to sit on the fence surrounding the training ring, glancing between her nephew and Tlama before calling out to the large woman. "Wanna spar Tlama? I'll give you something to hit." The little spitfire smirked as she eyed the large female, more than happy to train against someone she hadn't sparred before.
[Image: hvjELvL.png]

stuff here

Borya didn't feel left out by his family. His parents had new responsibilities with the likes of the girls but Borya didn't see that as less attention for him, but just expanding the love to even more children. Besides, Borya had never been one for standing out or seeking attention anyway, he was just content with what he got. He also had Tlama, and her company was more valuable that anything for the young man, since thanks to her he remained confident in his place here in Casa. 

Naturally the pair were soon joined by others, a typical staple of Casa was that company was easy to find, but Borya hadn't expected his mother and aunt to be the ones. It brought a smile on his face though, greeting both and leaning into the warmth of his mother. "I'm alright, a little out of breath." Borya admitted, knowing Dusk was aware of her son's limitations. 

Tlama offered a warm smile to them all, placing her club into the ground. "Well Borya was doing a decent job as an opponent, don't let him convince you he can't fight. But... Day, let's see if you can match it." Tlama replied, offering the small Hushhowl woman a grin before stepping back to give some space in the ring. The two would be kicking sand everywhere no doubt, but Borya looked forward to watching Tlama enjoy a proper challenge. 

BORYA HUSHHOWL

Hidden in you,
Maybe, even in me.
A soft smile spread across Dusk's lips, letting a hand rest on her sons shoulder as he mentioned being a little out of breath. She was well aware of her son's limitations and fully trusted him to decide for himself how much he was willing to push those limits. The smaller Hushhowl was a smart man after all, there was no need for her to worry over him for something like this. If he needed help, he'd ask for it.

Her hand fell from Borya's shoulder as she leaned against the fence, mismatched eyes watching the pair in the ring. The small white woman looked up at the towering woman as she fell into a ready stance with fist raised, while her daggers remained on her hip. With a smirk on her face, Day rushed forward without much warning. At first, she headed straight for the large woman, but at the last minute, she lunged to the side and attempted to bring her fist to connect with the bear-woman's side. As quickly as she had gotten in range to make her own attack, she backed away just as quickly, hoping to keep her distance from the club. Still, she wanted to see how quick the woman's reflexes were.

Mismatched eyes watched the pair before glancing over at her son beside her. "Will there be a ceremony for the two of you?" A wide grin spread across her lips, sure he would understand she meant a mateship ceremony. She had seen the way they look at each other, she didn't need either of them to confirm what she could see with her own eyes. It was clear they cared deeply for each other, the white mother was simply curious if they would officially become mates and if there was the possibility of her being a grandmother at some point. Now that was one hell of a thought, her being a grandmother. Dusk watched the man's face for a reaction, curious what he might be thinking.
[Image: hvjELvL.png]

stuff here

Borya's breaths were only faintly hinted with a wheeze now, but he wouldn't risk doing anything else for the day. Pushing himself didn't help anyone, and in fact it had caused one too many scares for Tlama to find him collapsed and heaving breaths after a hard day. It made the young man feel a bit lazy, but he was well aware that he had a very good excuse for not pushing himself too hard. Weight wasn't really an issue either; Borya ate very little and seemed to naturally lean on the scrawny side anyway, so he wasn't gaining fat anytime soon. Everyone knew what Borya could and couldn't do, especially Borya himself. Which made all the difference, because it wasn't like Borya was trying to deny anything was wrong and cause himself harm, he was well aware of his limits and respected them.

Having the support of a loving family and the ever loving Tlama also helped with that; Borya hardly ever felt like a burden anymore for not being able to work like everyone else. 

He watched Tlama train for a moment, observing the giant woman as she eyed up Day's moves. Day moved in with a snake-like attack, jabbing into Tlama's side with a fist. Day could hit hard, yet Tlama made the decision to just tank the hit, doing so rather gracefully with only a little wince. Upon taking the hit, she had the chance to full body charge into Day with her shoulder. Tlama missed the woman was Day backed away, but immediately followed with a huge upper swing of her club from the ground up, kicking up a wave of sand that cascaded towards the audience. 

Borya yelped as sand scattered across his face and into his hair, sneezing and glaring to Tlama to see if the woman was smirking at her totally not on purpose move. He lost focus on that when his mother asked about the ceremony. Admittedly it took Borya's mind a bit to catch up, and when it did he was blushing. "U-um... I'd like one but..." Borya paused, the small smile on his face dropping for a moment. "But I think we're still working on it." 

He waited until Tlama and Day had taken their fight to the other side of the ring to continue talking quietly. "I love Tlama so much but... I think we both know that I'm not exactly healthy so... th-there's a lot we need to be careful about. But I think we both want to make it official." Borya brought a smile back to his face as he glanced to his mother. "Tlama's already asked me about children names too."

BORYA HUSHHOWL

Hidden in you,
Maybe, even in me.