[P] History told in ink and paper
Bodies fashioned out of dirt and dust - For a moment we get to be glorious

For Lucian! Borya is setting up in Wolfville, in Manning Memorial Chapel

Borya felt the need for a distraction, which was easy for the scholar to find given how long he could spend sat in a chair reading or working on his books. Right now though he needed something to do more than before, without Tlama around for the company or assistance. The bear-coated woman was the reason for Borya's desire to think and keep busy. She was acting different. A little distant, which for Tlama who always remained so close by was weird. Borya thought to how well they'd been doing, the changes in their relationship, spending more nights together and feeling... like partners. It had filled Borya with so much joy; thinking of himself as someone worthy of affection and good enough to give it too. And yet now all of a sudden Tlama was off on her own, spending time outside of Casa or on the opposite side of pack lands. 

It was really odd and filled Borya with doubts, so in order to not let himself get drowned in them he put himself to work. He'd found a good place in Wolfville to set up as a place to store books. It looked like an old part of the university buildings that Borya had scavenged for supplies, but far smaller and decently kept. All the windows were shattered so Borya would need to block them before winter, but the inside just needed a good clean out and perhaps some designing to make good use of the space but the scholar could see it as a decent library of sorts. He'd not gather enough books to fill the whole building, but it was a nice quiet space to store his books, supplies and perhaps add a desk in for him to write at. 

For now the young man was keeping busy by sweeping with his good arm, pushing or moving what he could carry with his puny strength until he grew too tired to keep going. When needing a break he went to the far end of the room where pieces of coloured glass remained in shattered but sweeped piles and found a good place to sit. He'd brought some books with him to work on whilst sat there, deciding to open up one of the history ones to check it over for missed mistakes. 

BORYA HUSHHOWL

In certain light I can plainly see,
A reflection of magnificence,
Hidden in you,
Maybe, even in me.
The pale adolescent had been spending more and more time outside of the Fort walls, whether that was at the Hushhowl dens, exploring the pack territories by horseback or just running beyond the walls for exercise. He enjoyed not being confined by the walls of his home, but still safe within the pack territory. Today was no different, as his run took him towards Wolfville, a settlement that Casa di Cavalieri had started to spruce up and repair for a trade depot.  He ran as fast as he could, his two paws pounding the ground as he went, his heart was racing and his pink tongue lolled out of his mouth as he panted. At the edge of Wolfville his leg muscles and lungs burned as he slowed to a fast paced walk and then stopped and placed his hands on his hips, his white chest rising and falling with each heavy breath. Smiling he noticed how much this placed had changed since he first laid eyes on it.

Lucian decided to walk through to see what progress had been made and if anyone was working and needed help with anything.  His muscles pulsated from his run and he was tired, but he always put the pack and packmates needs above his own. A little over half way through the town, which seemed pretty deserted today, he noticed a door open on one of the buildings with a tall steeple.  His marbled head tilted to the side and his ears rotated for any noise, sounds of sweeping and broken glass peaked his curiosity.  Slowly he stepped through the large white columns and knocked on the heavy wooden door, "Hello!  Anyone home?" not wanting to startle anybody.  Marigold and azure hues took a moment to adjust to the darker setting and then scanned the area.  Off in the distance he noticed the studious Hushhowl, a smile crept across his maw as he made his way towards him. 

"Hello Mister Borya, how are you today?" the eager adolescent noticed all the work that Borya had put into the new library he assumed.  "Looking good in here Mister Borya, do you need help with anything? I'd be happy to help if you do." he gave him a smile and then noticed the book that the man had in his inky paws and Lucian's eyes grew wide with wonder, "What book do you have there?"
WORD COUNT - 405
[Image: LHqN3dO.png]
Kindness of His Mother, Fierceness of His Father
Bodies fashioned out of dirt and dust - For a moment we get to be glorious

stuff here

The books on Casa's history were facinating to Borya. They weren't finished; and probably would never be finished so long as the pack had stories to tell, but some of the tales spanned beyond Borya's lifetime. In fact a lot of them were before the young scholar was around, during times of crisis for the Cavaliers that Borya was at least glad were behind them. Right now looked like a time for golden opportunity for Casa; with minimal conflict coming from the other packs of the area, multiple chances for trade or other relationships to form, and a growing pack that demanded extra space be given love and care to be used. It felt like the pack was flourishing, which was incredible to see. 

Borya focused on a page near the beginning, detailing the creation of Casa along with the founding members who all decided to make a home that dedicated itself to keeping peace. There was a brief description of the first Sole, Jazper, that Borya had added to the book himself to adopt a more story-telling style to the literature to make it more compelling to read. Not that excerpts on history weren't fun for Borya, but he understood that not everyone liked the academics like he did. 

Movement and a voice to the front of the old chapel brought Borya's focus up, and he smiled at the now very grown Lucian approaching. "Good day Lucian, I'm doing alright." Borya replied, setting the book down for a moment though not getting up. "Just resting a bit... I'm not quite so full of energy l-like the rest of Casa." Borya could chuckle at his words; he sounded like an old man. Then again with how weak he was already at only two cycles old, Borya had to wonder how fast he would age into a senior, certainly faster than the likes of the current honoured elders. 

Pushing that thought aside, Borya looked to his book and back to Lucian. "It's on Casa's history, a bit of a mix of stories written by members of the pack from generations gone, though I've added bits here and there to help keep it up to date." Borya explained, "And in terms of help, don't worry about working too much, right now I'd just love some company."

BORYA HUSHHOWL

In certain light I can plainly see,
A reflection of magnificence,
Hidden in you,
Maybe, even in me.
"Good to hear Mister Borya!" and he smiled a kind smile.  "That's alright, I have enough energy for you and for me.  So don't ever hesitate to ask if you need anything." That was typical Lucian, always willing to help a pack mate.  To be honest the pale adolescent worried about the Hushhowl, while he didn't know what happened to him, and he didn't find it polite to ask, he seemed frail in comparison to the other Cavaliers. Although that didn't make him any less of a Cavalier and friend, he was glad to have found him in Wolfville today. The boys hues of day and night looked at the book that laid in front of Borya and thought about the last time the two were together.  "You know, I still think fondly of the time you took to read me the story of Vezda, the bird and the Land of Green. It was a great story and I picked up a few small words from it that book that I can now read." Lucian looked at the pale golden hues of the Hushhowl once more, "Do you think you could help teach me to read some more and maybe write?" He laughed, "Just when you have time, no rush."

Lucian nodded as his friend spoke about the book that laid before him, "That's pretty amazing, if you think about it.  To have information about the start of Casa di Cavalieri and all those that came and went before us." The boy thought for a moment and wondered what stories the book held of his family. He knew that he was related to a lot of the current pack, so he assumed that started in the generations before him.  'I wonder if he would be interested in reading some of our history from that book.' he thought.  He contemplated the question for a moment then realized it wouldn't hurt to ask, "Mister Borya, would you mind reading me one of the stories from that book?  Maybe about who founded Casa or how it became the great pack it is today?" The marbled adolescent figured it was time to learn about the past as it would help the future, at least he thought so. Maybe there was something about his great, great grandparents or great wars that they had won.  His long tail swayed side to side behind him, oh what adventures that book must hold.
WORD COUNT - 413
[Image: LHqN3dO.png]
Kindness of His Mother, Fierceness of His Father