[P] Early Morning Spring Showers - Vegard
OOC: Seira is in Lupus.
Early in the morning, the dirt path beyond her open door became full of small puddles, and with the collection of reservoirs, the trail became alive with more splashes than amethyst gems could appreciate. Yet together, they brought such a soothing sound, a natural melody every bit as beautiful as a mother's soulful hum. Beyond her windows and front door, spring flowers and the leaves of trees droop under the weight of the falling droplets. The wounds on her back had been fully healed, thanks to her parent's early treatment and Bellad's careful watch. It was almost a culture shock to see so many with kind hearts just as she had, all within the Kingdoms' borders.

Seira had spent the morning lounging near her open front door, watching and listening to the rain. Jaws parted in a yawn, her limbs stretched out beside her, rolling onto her side with a content sigh. The Greyfire doll had always enjoyed watching the rain, especially with her family. Fond memories flooded back and brought homesickness to the forefront of her mind. She could clearly remember the warm fires as she watched the rains with her family, and now those days were long gone. Seira had left her family to start a new life and figure out who she was.

Seira's life within New Caledonia had been a fine one so far, but she had only just gained some semblance of stability within her duties to the Kingdom. Seira still had to figure out how best to provide a service to the Kingdom, and she was determined to prove not only to herself but to her family that she could be helpful. The Greyfire doll resented the thought of being useless, a burden, a person who needed taking care of. She had made up her mind when Nomos had abandoned her that she would make her own way in the world, with or without help. A soft sigh escaped her as she thought of all the possibilities that lay ahead within New Caledonia.

She could become whoever she wanted to be or whatever was needed of her. She could make friends and possibly find the love and understanding that she craved so deeply. For now, the greyscale girl was lost in thought as the rhythmic noises of the rain soothed her soul. Amethyst gems watched a puddle ripple and dance with each raindrop that disturbed its surface. This was the start of her new life. All she had to do now was start living it.

"Speech."
[425]

Code by Lorr@SoulsRPG; Art by LilPupSpongeCake@Furaffinity

[Image: player_wiki.png][Image: reply-speed-medium.png][Image: mature-okay.png]
OOC: bloop  WC: 620
I live in a constant state of fear and misery — Do you even miss me anymore?

Vegard had been up to his norm, having found himself randomly falling asleep under a tree when his nose began to breathe in the wet air around him. His mind disregarded the smell that came as a silent warning of a storm to come, and even when the drops finally started to fall from the sky and pelt the Earth and it's inhabitants, the man still had been in just the right position to not really even notice the rain. He slept quietly with his back leaned up against the tree for support, and with his sword tucked close to his body to help stabilize himself while he rested. Vegard had a nice, dreamless slumber that was deep enough for his body to almost completely relax, if not for his rather anxious nature underneath all of that lithe muscle.

It wasn't until a small pool of water began to collect at his feet that his eyes slowly opened, and the bi-colored gaze turned to look at his feet, but he only did so lazily, as if he was not all there yet. Vegard let out a deep sigh as he seemed to finally wake up. He sighed again and pushed his ebony hand to his dark locks and he pushed his bangs from his face, only for them to drop back into place. He finally stood and looked at his surroundings a bit better to find himself still within the Town Square, which was good, but he felt the heat of embarrassment flood his face as he realized that he was pretty much in someone's backyard or something.

The rain didn't really bother the Vikingr, for he had enjoyed nature much more than he liked being confined in the walls of a home or other buildings. This was likely why the male could sleep outside so easily, but when he went within his own home, he felt so suffocated. Kattegat was unlike Vegard in this regard though, for the woman could only get comfortable within a fancy bed of furs and cotton stuffed mattresses. He didn't truly understand Kattegat often times, and this was typically why the two spent so much time away from each other. That, in addition to Vegard's own mental struggle that he was clearly not ready to deal with outside of his own head.

The male with eyes like coins had begun to walk through the rain, with drops slowly soaking through his thick cloak and soon through to his fur and then skin if he did not hurry towards whatever shelter he could find. His hurried gait had him thinking that he could outrun the rain if he and he passed up the first building that came up within the distance to try and get home, but when the rain begun to get worse, he regretted the decision to press on.

The building he came upon was a small hut, with a little porch wrapped around it. He had come up onto the porch without asking, because he did not really see her at first, but once he had suddenly appeared in front of her, he jolted back lightly and put his hand to his forehead. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean see you — I mean, I-" Vegard was flustered and almost thought to run back into the rain. "Sorry I was just trying to get out of the rain and didn't see you there." he told her, apologetically. He had the urge to shake his soaking pelt from the droplets of rain before he really got a good smell of the female and realizing that they knew each other.

"...Lady Seira?" he asked, dumbly.

And I don't even notice when it hurts anymore — I know I'm morbid at times but that's how I like to be

"Speech."

Open my eyes in a    D A Z E
How long has it been? Am I so out of    P L A C E?
Warmth I can no longer    F E E L
My mountain is gone, I'm surrounded by    S T E E L
The strangest of structures arises    A H E A D
Seems to be held up by    N O T H I N G
Where have I gone, do I  D R E A M?
How can the stars be all I can  S E E?
OOC: words go here
The sound of the rain had all but lulled Seira to sleep, the soothing rhythmic splashes in the puddles beyond her dry home mixing with the small pitter pater atop her roof. Her lids became heavy, slowly drooping and threatening to close for a mid-morning nap. Nomos had reminded her not long ago that her health was still fragile, and though they were barely on speaking terms, she heeded his warning. She knew deep down that being wet and cold for too long could easily set off breathing troubles or sickness, so until the rain let up, she had to stay inside.

Pale lids became too heavy to hold up and soon closed until hurried footfalls and splashes through puddles roused her from her drowsy haze. Dark-rimmed ears stood upright, but her lids resisted opening once more. Seira forced herself to open her eyes, and what seemed like magic had appeared a pair of feet just before her. Lifting her head quickly to look at the intruder, he began stumbling over his words as he spewed apology after apology. It had taken both of them a moment to recognize each other. Her name had been spoken, causing great surprise within her. Amethyst gems scrutinized the face towering above her, and only then did she come to the realization that before her stood Vegard.

Her head tilted to the side in curiosity, though amusement spread across her face. "Vegard?" she asked in return. A soft chuckle escaped her, stepping back to allow her acquaintance space to enter her home. "What are you doing here? Come inside before you catch a cold." she said, beckoning him inside with a simple gesture of her muzzle.

"Speech."
[284]

OOC: bloop  WC: 346
I live in a constant state of fear and misery — Do you even miss me anymore?

He was correct in identifying the girl, and while their last interaction was brief, he did remember that she lived out with her family when he had first landed in Nova Scotia. Her home did not smell of her once home, and nor did she, really. She smelt of New Caledonia, and from what he could tell, she had been here for some time. Vegard sighed lightly, and he gave a friendly smile in relief as she had recognized him and she easily invited him into her home. He still felt embarrassed, but this woman had proved to be harmless in the past, so he was looking forward to a nice and easy interaction.

"Thank you for your kindness, m'lady. " he said as he peeled the wet cloak from his shoulders, but left this on her porch, for he did not want to get the interior of her hut wet. He then shook his fur out, which flung wet droplets all around him. He settled then and smiled sheepishly at her as she had waited for him to enter her home. He entered her home once he felt as if he would not create a puddle on her floor with the amount of water that had clung to his fur and clothing.

Once he had straightened himself out, he realized that he had not answered her question of "what he was doing here" and his rose-shaped ears pushed back on his head as he looked to her with slightly furrowed brows. "And what do you mean what am I doing here? I told you that I was from New Caledonia, did I not?" he asked her, trying to think about when they had seen each other last, and trying to remember if he mentioned that he was from New Caledonia or not.

"The real question is what are you doing here? I thought you lived with your family pack. " he spoke, not knowing the true numbers of Bete Noire and that they were merely a small group of loners and not an official pack.

And I don't even notice when it hurts anymore — I know I'm morbid at times but that's how I like to be

"Speech."

OOC: words go here
Seira dipped her head slightly at Vegard's thanks, though surely he would have done the same for her if the situation had been reversed. "Of course." she said in a soft tone. Amethyst gaze watched as Vegard removed the cloak that clung to his shoulders. Her head tilted to the right in curiosity, but she knew better than to ask why he did what he did. A surprised giggle escaped her as he shook out his coat, water droplets spraying all around. The greyscale doll lifted a paw to rub at her face as she laughed, though having been caught in the spray, it didn't bother her.

It didn't take long before Vegard had stepped into her home, now as dry as he could possibly manage, and began settling himself in. A snort escaped her as he had turned the question back on her. "It's been a long time since we met. How was I supposed to remember where you lived?" she said in an attempt to tease. Though his next question had caused a pang of sadness to course through her, the pain had begun dying away the longer she spent away from her former home. Dark-rimmed ears pinned back against her crown as she flopped into a sitting position.

"There were some pretty big problems back home, and for a while, I tried to ignore them but then they got too big to ignore." she said with a downtrodden tone. "I left home a couple of months ago, and wound up joining New Caledonia." she said, her muzzle lifting up in an odd gesture. "I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing, but it hasn't been all bad." she said trying to lighten the mood.

"Speech."
[296]

OOC: bloop  WC: 427
This is not a threat, I promise — This is not a threat, I promise

He had supposed that she made a point when she had told him that it had been a long time since they had met each other, and Vegard had not particularly been interested in meeting back up with her as he had with Evelyn. It was not because he did not like her, it was more of a disinterest in many things. She did not live in New Caledonia, so he did not feel the need to try and find her to help her with anything, or to hunt with her like he had with Evelyn. He merely did not know her as well, and she did not knowingly or unknowingly have information that he would have found particularly interesting to know as Evelyn did, so he had more motivation to keep in touch with the Salsolan.

"I suppose that you do have a point." he spoke easily and chuckled lightly as his eyes of golden and silver coins had turned to her and they entered her small domain. It was only one circular room with minimal decor, a straw bed, a candle, a chest. He could tell that she had not really settled in too much. He had not settled much himself and he had been within New Caledonia for the better part of a year now, so he had little room to comment on things that seemed still packed away.

Vegard minded his own business for the most part, and when she spoke about her problems at home, he was inclined to not follow up with any more personal details that she had purposefully left out. He was not opposed to getting information freely, but he could tell by her sudden mood drop that it was something that she might be uncomfortable with talking about. He did not press further. "It was hard for me to leave my home too. But I think it's good to spread your wings and have your own life too." the thought of his brother had pained him, for he hoped that the pale Preacher had been well. He hoped that there was someone to protect him like Vegard had in their youth.

The Wildling did not know if he would ever see the Preacher again, but he knew that they both had questions that needed to be answered, and he hoped that the Preacher could forgive the Wildling one day.

"What sort of job are you looking to take on here? Maybe I can help you out or something." the Foxfire Knight spoke to the amethyst eyed waif.

It's a warning baby, — I just want you to know

"Speech."