[P] [LCSS] I learned that morning I can't fix nothing anyway

Brannon couldn’t believe that only a short while into adulthood that so much would have happened. While he had agreed to help the scholar run his bookstall at the Lancaster Stockshow, the reality of the size of the event didn’t click in until they left.  He had only been outside of Casa territory once, and that had been a short trip with the Sola. Just like during the Olympics, Casa had filled up with so much activity, only this time it was of others getting ready to leave the territory.

Before they left, the First Cadet helped Borya load up a cart of materials; Books that they had for trade, and various materials for restoring and creating books while they were there. He hadn’t imagined so many others from the pack would be coming as well. The group he traveled with was a large group of Hushhowls, sticking together to watch the young and the old head to the strange, new packlands. There was some comfort in traveling with friends and family, but it was still nerve-wracking to do something so new.

When they had arrived, Brannon helped as much as he could, setting up the stall and moving materials for the scholar. There was so much hustle and bustle as everyone around them also seemed to be busy setting up their own trade stalls. The grey Hushhowl himself seemed to be working even harder than normal, both running the stall and keeping an eye on his little ones, despite the scolding from Thamla. He never seemed to give himself much of a break, even with his weak body.

If the wolf wouldn’t listen to his own wife, he surely wouldn’t listen to the words of someone of his level of inexperience. So to help in his own way, the dark youth hovered nearby, always offering a hand the moment he had any spare moment. Although he’d been helping Borya for months setting up the new library, he wanted to continue to prove how useful he could be. 

OOC: LCSS- Working at the bookstall. For Borya Hushhowl
[+338]

[Image: zVnhCxj.png]
Bodies fashioned out of dirt and dust - For a moment we get to be glorious

stuff here

The idea to make the most of the stockshow and bring their books out for display was a mix of Borya's desire to share knowledge and the others getting to work on their skills. Borya had never really gone to the other packs before, though he knew of them fairly well, so when the Gang opened up their pack for all to come and trade for a short while, it felt like a great chance to showcase the skills of Casa's scholars. Not just Borya, but also the expert skills of Jacelyn's book copies and Brannon's young spirit. The latter was helping Borya to run the stall for the week, effective in giving Borya time to not only advertise the books but also work on any commissions that they'd get in. 

Brannon was helping to give Borya more time, but he wasn't using that time to rest, but rather check on his children or continue to keep writing. The pulsing in his wrist was a warning that once this week was up, Borya would be getting a forced break for a bit, but the scholar was willing to deal with that if it meant for now he could continue to do what he loved. And right now, Borya was loving it more than ever. 

Because they were getting genuine interest; others were coming to get books, eager to have that knowledge shared to them. Families were interested in the story books, the Ashen and some other individuals wanted some from the Cavalier's collection of instructional guides, and then some other commissions gave Borya hope that there was a place in this world for the academics. Books were still treasured, which would bode well for Borya's dream of keeping the world filled with literature. 

Sighing as he finished a portion of another book copy, Borya leaned back in his chair and looked to Brannon. The stall was quiet for a spell, giving the pair a moment to relax and look around at the busy street. "How are you finding it Brannon? N-not too overwhelming?" Borya asked, hoping his apprentice was enjoying this whole experience.

BORYA HUSHHOWL

In certain light I can plainly see,
A reflection of magnificence,
Hidden in you,
Maybe, even in me.

The stall was tremendously busy compared to the quiet library he was used to. The young wolf was surprised at how many other luprici outside of Casa were interested in literature. It seemed they had items that were one of a kind, and looking over the dwindling number of books in their supply made it all the more obvious.

Transcribed human books, Casa-made instructional books, Borya’s own children’s stories; They were all truly special. Brannon’s tailed thumped happily as he manned the table, watching a wide number of luprici eye their wares. Despite his nervousness around strangers, there was something about knowing others valued their work that lit him up inside. The preserving of knowledge was not only important to the scholars of Casa, but to others outside of their pack as well.

As the stream of strangers seemed to dwindle away, Boyra came over to check on him. He was feeling a little overwhelmed, but with the sudden quiet Brannon had time to recompose himself. “I think I’m doing ok,” the dark wolf stated timidly, “I’m just not used to his many strangers around.”

Yellow eyes scanned the remaining wares before turning back to the Hushhowl. “I didn’t realize some many others enjoyed books too! Are we going to have a lot of work when we get back to Casa?” Now that Brannon was an adult, he was hoping to offer more to the other scholars besides tidying up the library.

In his spare time, the young wolf had started to write his own works. He had written a short story for his brother as a gift for coming of age, but his writing needed a lot more work to catch up to the level of the other scholars. The young O’Neil had also started another work, but he wasn’t quite ready to show that to others yet. It was special to him and he needed more time to gather information and organize his thoughts. It wouldn’t be long now till he could show his work and ask to turn it into its own book.

OOC:
[346]

[Image: zVnhCxj.png]
Bodies fashioned out of dirt and dust - For a moment we get to be glorious

stuff here

On some deeper level, Borya found the way books were treated like treasure to the canine, who probably didn't always see the value in literature, as something truly amazing. Here were predators of great strength and linage, who together could shape so many things, and ink on parchment was something they valued greatly. Borya supposed books were very literally stories, passed along not by voices but by pages, which meant they lasted longer and remained truthful and unchanged. They were incredibly useful to those who could decipher them, which meant gaining them via a stall like this one was bound to be lucrative. 

Glancing around the town, Borya had to wonder if Wolfville might start to look like this soon. The Cavaliers had hoped for their own town to start to flourish as a spot for traders, though given that Casa wasn't as close to other populated areas Borya doubted they'd get as much as Charmingtown. Still, a few traders here and there would be nice to see, and close by to the Library should Borya and the scholars want to continue trades.

Perhaps this event was a practice of things to come, so the Hushhowl was glad things were going well. Humming in agreement to Brannon's comment, the scholar's eyes continued looking around to the bustling streets. "We're p-pretty closed off in Casa b-but... with Wolfville th-that might change." Borya claimed, his hand moving to reorganise their collection of books for sale, even though they were all in perfect placement alright. 

With a small grin, Borya chuckled and nodded to the young apprentice. "F-for some books are very rare... I-I guess not every place has p-people like us willing to write or share. Though... y-yeah, we're going to be hard at work for a while. Hopefully J-Jacelyn won't be too mad when we t-tell her just how much work we've got."

BORYA HUSHHOWL

In certain light I can plainly see,
A reflection of magnificence,
Hidden in you,
Maybe, even in me.