[P] [LcSs] We got machines but the kids got Jesus
Knock-down Wrote:Paninya has once more set up her games shop, and is leaning on her wooden stall, a table set up with what appears to be a flimsy teepee of twigs and kindling stacked onto it. In her waiting hands is a twine ball, which she passes between her palms as she eyes you mischievously.

'Ball toss! Knock down my sticks!' she crows. 'Why don't you give it a try?'

Do those sticks look... sticky to you?

OOC: Cassidy n' Jimena playin' some Knock-Down! And... experiencing difficulty, hmm || WC: --

"Try again!”

Paninya’s sing-song mantra was ever grating as Cassidy, pint-sized and scowling, sized up the stack of sticks, and gripped the irritatingly light twine ball between his rough palms. He screwed up his lips tight, nose and whiskers all twitching as he honed in.

”Give me a second, give me a second,” he replied to her all-too amused grinning, and he could feel the spiky prickle of his hackles bristle up by response, squashed only by his long braid that he wondered, almost, as if it had been interfering somehow, but he knew that that couldn’t possibly be the case.

It was just his mounting frustration. Ears flicked on his head as he tucked the ball against his chest a moment, before he wound up, and threw it, and the twine ricocheted off the edge of the table. Paninya hissed softly, and clicked her tongue against the back of her teeth.

"Oof, tough luck, champ.” She stooped down to fetch the ball, watching Cassidy visibly seethe, before she offered it out with a sickly sweet little smile. "Try again?”

He was going to go mad at this point. He held up his hand a moment, and glimpsed over his shoulder, catching glimpse of a familiar face passing by. Desperate to blow off steam, he flagged her down.

”Jimena! C’mere a sec, yeah? Maybe you’ll have better luck than me with this stupid game.”

dead fingers talking, bare foot boy walking
dead earth to cosmic dust
wc – 253
#cancelpaninya

I ASKED THE MOON IN IT'S F U L L N E S S,

Cassidy extracted her from the crowd with ease, beckoning the competitive Tejada over. Looking over his head pointedly, Jimena studied the game that was presented to her. “ So we just uh, knock these here sticks over? “ The girl asked Paninya, squinting at the arrangement critically.

“ That’s right, with this ball. “ The hybrid said animatedly, amusement creasing the lines of her face. Handing Jimena one of her own balls, Jimena expected the weight of the object to push her hand down some but instead the mass of twine hardly weighed anything. Cocking her head, Jimena fixed Paninya with a dubious stare and then glanced at Cassidy before giving a half shrug.

“ You’re telling me ya couldn’t knock them sticks down? Pfft, were ya even tryin’ Cassidy? “ The female snorted with laughter, the familiar glint of competitiveness overriding any suspicions of potential defrauding. Giving an experimental toss to the featherlight ball in her palm, Jimena picked a target in the middle and squinted with one eye before smoothly tossing the ball from her outstretched fingertips, aiming for a softer cast then what Cassidy had attempted.

The ball bounced harmlessly off of a stick, marking her attempt a bust and Paninya cackled, clasping her midnight hands together in delight at the pairs misfortune. “ Third try’s a charm? “ The devious mutt offered, ignoring Jimena’s deathglare as she placed the twine back into the Tejada’s palm. “ Somethin’ smells. “ She muttered before throwing it again, this time with more force.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE W H O L E AGAIN?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
I've got a heart like a silver dollar
I may be s m a r t but I'll never change
And I might sparkle in the right light
But I'm always worth the s-a-m-e
OOC: -- || WC: --

Cassidy’s burnished eyes watched as Jimena took aim with her own twine ball, cocking back her arm in a throw more gentle than his own frustrated hurls, and, gracefully, the twine ball left outstretched fingertips -

Only to whiff off of the stack of sticks and he had to hold his own bark of laughter. A strangled snort scratched its way through his nose and he rubbed his calloused fingertips over his lips to smooth them back down into a brash, irritable scowl, though that look did not match his eyes after Jimena’s own goading.

"That’s the lake, sweetheart.” Paninya answered, rubbing her dark palms together as the duo of young Ashen stood back to assess their further gameplan.

”Could be the lake. Could also be your game, though, maybe. It does smell like ass.”

"Quite the language there, little man.”

”I’m not that little.” The last part was spoken quietly, sternly, and his lips pursed more genuinely now. Sure, everyone here just about towered over him – but, he wasn’t that petite. Right? His shoulders were broad, leanly muscled, sporting an athletic physique – surely that was where size counted. He palmed his twine ball, taking a moment to readjust his stance, before he aimed, and threw with the same gusto as before. The stack wobbled with the strike, but only the tiniest twig at the top toppled, and he scowled.

”That counts for something, right?”

"Afraid not! Gotta be the whole stack, not just bits n’ bobs.”

wc – 273

I ASKED THE MOON IN IT'S F U L L N E S S,

Irritability pulled at her features and some unreadable storm passed through her eyes, and Jimena’s scowl soon matched that of her compatriot. “ Doubtful. “ The coyote replied, stepping back with a smirk as Cassidy provided his own blunt commentary. The makings of a smile tugged at the corners of her mouth at the way he spoke back to Paninya, but she nearly choked at the moniker that was quickly assigned to the admittedly petite male.

If Cassidy had possessed the power to vaporize someone much larger then him for saying such a thing, Jim was sure all that would remain of the dark hybrid would be a sooty stain on the ground, but alas all they had was a stupid ball and one brain cell between them it seemed.

Stalking over to the mutt, she attempted to get a closer look at the structure of the game, but Paninya waved her away. “ No, no, that’s not how that works. “ Jimena pouted, but glanced back at the teepee before sticking out a lip determinedly. “ Give it here, give it here. I’ve got an idea. “ Holding out a palm expectedly, Jimena accepted the ball back once more from Paninya and resumed her position beside Cassidy, this time a smirk crossing her features as she took aim and whipped it at the backing of the game.

The ball ricocheted off the surface and hit the entire structure dead on from behind before hitting the backing once more and bouncing off of the table and onto the ground. “ Well, would you look at that…. “ She said, triumphant in her exposure.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE W H O L E AGAIN?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
I've got a heart like a silver dollar
I may be s m a r t but I'll never change
And I might sparkle in the right light
But I'm always worth the s-a-m-e
OOC: -- || WC: --

Cassidy’s cheer was immediate and abrupt as Jimena’s throw bounced off the backboard, and he promptly jumped as it the pyramid of sticks was thrown right from the table – oddly enough, in a very uniform manner. Paninya openly gasped as the sticks thumped into the dirt in a perfect, still-held shape, though it started to sag somewhat with gravity.

She looked to be swallowing back her pride behind the amusement, and stooped to pluck up her stick pile, pursing her lips in jest at the duo of snot-nosed kids.

"Well, while that certainly ruins the spirit of the game-“

”Wait a second – why are they clumped together like that-“

"I’ll consider this a fluke of a win for the two of you.”

”But they’re-“

"Shh, Cassidy – hush,”[/span Paninya started in warning, holding out a hand abruptly before she moved to re-set her pyramid on the table and adjust it. [span= font-weight: bold; color:#8B8373]"Take the prize, yeah? Our little secret! No need to look closer at the game.”

He dropped his voice lower, planting his hands on the table acting as a divider between game and contestant. ”Did you glue those?”

Paninya shoved a pouch of jerky into his hands and winked.

"Mm, snacks! Now you lend credence that my games can be beaten, yeah? It’s all in good fun!”

Cassidy looked back to Jimena, and shrugged slowly, before handing over the jerky.