[P] Its hard to keep the rainclouds out
Location: The Charred Village (River of Fire) || NPCs: Reblin (in Lupus), Pim (ox) || Form: Optime

"Aenan," Percival repeated back to himself, nodding firmly. He knew that name, but only just. There were few other memories, aside from quiet and comfort, that the man's name aroused. "Yes, I remember now."

Of the man's son, however, the Parhelion recalled nothing. He looked from Aenan to the younger man, furrowing his brows in thought as he tried to evoke memories that did not exist. Perhaps the elder Pyr recognized Percival's confusion, or understood on his own that more information was necessary, but the scruffy Caledonian appreciated the clarification.

"Ah," he uttered with sudden understanding. Then, to Aenan's son: "It's good to meet you, Shiras."

As the initial tension began to ease and introductions were made, Reblin slowly began to relax, his hackles laying flat against his spine once more. But it was Shiras' wink that allowed the wolfdog to fully ease. He gave his piebald pelt a hearty shake and sat down with a jerk of his chin -- a gesture meant to convey acknowledgement of the man's greeting and also their unspoken understanding that they were not enemies.

"Holy shit, really?" Reblin remarked with amusement, looking up at Aenan. "So, what, you just went home and became insta-Dad? I bet that was a wild surprise!"

Percival puffed out a sigh and offered Aenan an apologetic look. Reblin was well-meaning, but it was becoming abundantly clear that his dear cousin did not understand the meaning of tact or diplomacy.

"Its easy to forget sometimes that the ripples we leave behind carry on long after the stone is thrown," he told Aenan warmly, pausing a beat to offer him a kind smile before breathing in deeply. "After the fall, my mother and immediate family lived together in the Chokehold. We call ourselves The Shoal and we survived for a time, but life was difficult. In the end, Inara and my sisters and I left our family unit and helped found a pack called New Caledonia." He glanced beyond Aenan and Shiras in the direction he thought the Realm lay. "That's where I -- and Reblin now, too -- currently reside. It's a strong, wealthy pack lead by the High King Iomair."

Flicking his eyes back upon Aenan, the High Lord of Dawn smiled. "There's plenty of good fishing. You might like it there."

[WC -- 392]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its hard to keep the rainclouds out - by Aenan Pyr - 2 September 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: Its hard to keep the rainclouds out - by Aenan Pyr - 3 October 2021, 10:16 PM
RE: Its hard to keep the rainclouds out - by Percival Parhelion - 5 October 2021, 08:05 PM
RE: Its hard to keep the rainclouds out - by Aenan Pyr - 10 October 2021, 11:48 PM
RE: Its hard to keep the rainclouds out - by Aenan Pyr - 22 October 2021, 11:08 PM
RE: Its hard to keep the rainclouds out - by Aenan Pyr - 27 October 2021, 08:22 PM