Maintenance Thread
General game maintenance

Maintenance Thread

General Problems

• If you find an error on the forum, RP Guide, in pinned threads, etc. -- please let us know!
  • Include a link wherever possible -- screenshots can sometimes help, too!
  • Remember, problems and issues with pack information should go to that pack's leaders -- typically via Pack Maintenance
  • If you need something done that isn't explicitly listed below, here is still the place to post about it!
  <3 Thanks for helping out!
Code:
[b]Location of Problem:[/b]
[b]Description of Problem:[/b]
[b]Link (if applicable):[/b]

Title & Icon Fixes

• If your title has an error, post here. If you need an icon fixed or updated -- e.g., when your character has earned a mate or loses its mate, or when your character becomes a Luperci and needs their paw icon changed -- post here!
  • Please include the complete account name of all characters needing title/icon updates!
  • Remember, only characters one year of age or older and within the same pack (or two loners) can officially be considered mates.
  • Additionally, only characters who had an IC death played out on board territories, or characters who were active for at least one consecutive year, are granted "DEAD" titles upon death.
  • See the Custom Title and Icon for relevant information.
Code:
[b]Character:[/b] FULL character account name
[b]Pack:[/b] (if applicable -- e.g., wrong icon or pack)
[b]Rank:[/b] (if applicable -- e.g, misspellings and wrong ranks)
[b]Mate One Name:[/b] Full character name (if applicable)
[b]Mate Two Name:[/b] Full character name (if applicable)

Archive Requests & Thread Revivals

• IC threads are automatically archived to Dead Topics after 45 days of inactivity
  • IC threads marked "DND" are still automatically archived after 120 days of inactivity
  • You can request threads be archived when finished by posting here with a link to the thread
  • Threads can be requested for revival and "gravedigging" (reinstatement to an active forum from Dead Topics) with a link to the thread and which forum the thread needs to be moved into. Revived threads are automatically marked "DND"
  • We never delete IC threads or profiles/post logs.

Skin/Layout issues

Does something look weird on a particular skin? Is it hard to distinguish between pack colors, or is some part of the layout rendering improperly? Please let us know 1) which skin you're using, 2) where the error occurs (a screenshot would be great!), and 3) what browser + version you're using. Thank you!

Pack Maintenance

Certain parts of maintenance -- e.g., an update to a pack's website, or a problem with a pack's rank listing on the board -- don't go in this maintenance thread. These pack-related maintenance requests and updates go into individual pack maintenance threads. Here's a handy list:
(1 August 2021, 08:13 PM)San Wrote: Location of Problem: Drafts
Description of Problem: I have a few drafts I've saved on character accounts, but some have been moved to "dead topics" and the draft is no longer accessible to me. Not all of these drafts were replies to dead topics either — some were new threads I had begun but hadn't posted.
Link (if applicable): User CP Area, not sure how to link!
This is apparently a known issue in myBB that has not been resolved.

Because the "edit draft" page is the same as the "post reply" page, threads that you can no longer reply to (whether because they're deleted or because they're now in a forum you don't have permission to rely to) are no longer accessible.

However, new thread drafts should remain accessible as long as you still have permission to post in that forum -- so they'd only be inaccessible if that character became inactive, and would become accessible again once the character is active again. Let me know if new thread drafts are becoming inaccessible outside of this circumstance.

Not being able to access drafts sucks, and unfortunately this issue was apparently identified a few years ago and still hasn't been fixed -- probably because they'd have to change where/how drafts are saved on the backend and nullify permissions and it's complicated -- but that also means it's impractical for me to fix it myself.

As always, I recommend writing and saving posts locally (on your computer) and not just on the board. However, your drafts are still all saved on the server and I can retrieve them if needed. I just need to know the thread ID they were drafted for.
it was me. i broke it.
commission info | twitter | instagram | fb
(3 June 2021, 04:15 PM)Kiri Wrote:
(3 June 2021, 06:50 AM)Mandi Wrote: Just a quite note: I'm a willful old fool human who still uses the board's text box to type up replies and there seems to be some correlation between when Adel receives these notifications and when I've saved drafts to her threads, but haven't yet posted anything. Every time this has happened it's been when I've saved a draft, including the example above.

Hopefully that helps!
This helps a LOT thank you. Am looking into a solution.

ETA: I still can't seem to replicate this issue even with drafts.. hmm.

I still haven't been able to replicate this issue with drafts to threads triggering alerts for those subscribed to the thread. Is this still an ongoing issue?
it was me. i broke it.
(26 October 2021, 12:55 PM)Peony Braithwaite Wrote: https://soulsrpg.com/forum/showthread.ph...#pid382361

Can you delete the post from Valkyrie Savoy on this thread please? I accidentally posted on her account, whoops~

Deleted, but in the future, be aware that you can change the post author to any linked account via this dropdown (visible only for the account you're currently logged into).

[Image: changeauthor.jpg].
it was me. i broke it.
(26 October 2021, 12:27 PM)Kiri Wrote:
(24 October 2021, 10:15 AM)Songbird Wrote: Location of Problem: View New Posts & Read/Unread icon indicators
Description of Problem:
I've noticed this a few times now where I'll "View New Posts," look at the ones I'm interested in, and then "Mark All Forums Read" to clear the Unread Thread pink icon indicators. However, I've noticed that, despite doing this sometimes, the Unread Thread pink icon indicator will still be present on those threads DESPITE those threads no longer showing up in "View New Posts" either? Usually, it requires me to hit "Mark All Forums Read" a second time to actually clear them of the pink icon indicator. I never used to have this issue before the mobile updates were rolled? :O

The threads affected are always in different forums/sub-forums.
Link (if applicable): ---

I can't seem to replicate this issue and have no idea how recent updates would affect this. o_o Is it occurring on desktop, mobile, or both?

I can't reliably get it to replicate either Dx It's just something I've noticed a few times, and it's usually resulted in me questioning my sanity. I've always been on desktop when I've noticed it randomly happen.