[P] [ LCS ] Teardrop on the fire, feathers on my breath.
wc – 375
for corie/nyx.

I ASKED THE MOON IN IT'S F U L L N E S S,

At the bonfire on the first night of the Stockshow, Jimena had been rudely shoved out of the fight club due to her apparent lack of experience paired with the lean size of the coyotes ancestry. Only two others of similar stature had joined, and being of a matching weight class… that left her with nobody reasonable. Jimena had seethed and pouted, watching from the sidelines as Joaquin and Cassidy paired off and started swinging.

Fine. The Tejada had thought, silver and pewter fur shining in the dim light – I’ll watch and learn all of your weaknesses, then. This made her feel slightly better and Jimena observed each clash of bodies with a sharp gaze, missing nothing and filing away much. Once the scrapping had concluded she dispersed into the crowd that had gathered effortlessly, a wraith among the living.

It was a few days later when Jimena spotted Nyx mingling at The Ugly Coyote, the womans scarred hide standing out among a sea of golden and tawny hues. The cream of her coat was slashed this way and that and silently the El Probano watched from a quiet corner, fiddling with a half-empty cup of water while inwardly she assigned wild tales to each scar the petite female possessed.

At the very least the older hybrid had been in a few fights and had survived them, so it stood to reason with Jimena that she’d posses some kind of skill in the matter. Her quarry stood from where they'd been seated, made farewells to the Luperci around her and drifted through the door of the pub, exiting. Not wanting to lose a chance to catch the woman with no other audience, Jimena hopped up on light feet and moved to intercept Nyx, following the same path she’d cut across the bar.

Once outside the cooler air of the early evening touched the younger coyote, and she breathed in a sharp inhale of fresh air – glancing to either side of the stairs before rushing after the retreating figure of the Greyfire Matriarch. “ Nyx? “ She questioned timidly, scowling immediately at the unintended tone of her voice. “ Ahem, Nyx Greyfire? “ The young adult tried again, more mature sounding this time around.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE W H O L E AGAIN?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
I've got a heart like a silver dollar
I may be s m a r t but I'll never change
And I might sparkle in the right light
But I'm always worth the s-a-m-e
The afternoon was spent wiling away the hours with good company in the bar with a name she found more than a little amusing, but seeing as she had come to this pack of coyotes she knew little about as a representative for her own group, she knew it would be unreasonable for her to waste all her time partaking in drink and merriment without putting in the work that came with her position. As much as Nyx in her aging loved more and more to spend her afternoons socializing, there was work to be done, and she put it in her mind to go check on the stall and make sure everything was going as smooth as could be for the time being. Waving her farewells with a broad grin and a wagging tail, the warrior left in high spirits, walking away from The Ugly Coyote as the abundant energy slowly left her and her smile simmered down into a more neutral expression, tan tipped ears pricked as the seasoned fighter thought she heard the sounds of a pursuer, though being in another packs territory, she carried no weapon to defend herself should the need to do so arise. 

Stopping in her stride and turning her head on alert, the ivory female quickly went from tense to relaxed once more when the sound of a timid girl's voice called her name softly. Amethyst eyes focused on a young pale greyish coyote, one that was familiar to her in that she had been among the group to deliver Bête Noire's stock show invitation. Nyx smiled when the younger female steeled herself and spoke again with more strength in her tone and demeanor. "Ah, hello." Nyx replied, turning fully to face the girl and extending her hand in an offer to shake if she would accept it. "W-what can I do for you...? I'm sorry, c-could you remind me what your name was?" Nyx asked with a mild hint of embarrassment, The Greyfire Matriarch always prided herself in remembering each person she befriended, but thinking back, she could remember only the name of the diplomat Lyssa from that group.

[Image: 4PQhq5B.png]
word count - 336

THIS ISNT HEAVEN|YOU'RE LIGHTER FUEL;

The woman was friendly, just as she had been at Bete Noire. This put Jimena at ease considerably, especially as the petite band leader extended a hand in greeting. Answering with a small smile of her own, the female took Nyxs hand firmly and shook it before releasing and moving a step back respectfully, dipping a chin slightly in acknowledgment of the others station. “ My name is Jimena, Jimena Escuella. I didn’t speak much when I met ya before, so it’s understandable. Was my first trip outta Del Cenere, ya see. “ Now she had heard after doing some digging that this group also could be hired for mercenary work, and this is where the girls interest lay.

Her eyes flickered as she tried to figure out how to ask what she was after politely. It wasn’t like she had much to offer in return, except perhaps promises for future services in leatherwork. Fidgeting, Jimena cleared her throat a second time and just went for it. “ Ah, I learned that BN offers something like mercenary work. That’d lead me to believe ya would know, say, how to hurt someone. “ Feeling perhaps it was wiser that she didn’t comment on how the womans pelt was a testament to the arse she had kicked, the coyotes siblings had always been quick to point out their sisters lack of tact in such things.

“ We also are of similar stature. Now that bein’ said, I’m not too sure you’d be standing here if ya weren’t able to defend yourself. I was wondering…. If ya would mind terribly teaching me some things… “ There had to be things the petite wolf knew that were far more specialized then Hosea for example, as the male was sizeable enough to simply use his brawn and skills in fighting to win a battle. Had Nyx ever faced down a large opponent and won? Jimena was curious, but smart enough to not bombard the female. At least not all at once.

I WAS AN ANGEL UNTIL YOU BECKONED.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
I've got a heart like a silver dollar
I may be s m a r t but I'll never change
And I might sparkle in the right light
But I'm always worth the s-a-m-e