[P] Let's be lazy
Trelawney was at rest, which granted, he often was, for it was his favorite state to be in. The Ugly Coyote was as accommodating to him as it always was. His favorite bartender was close by, and his favorite drink rest in his hold. His gaze was on the others mingling about, some of which were nearly barbaric in the way that they were dressed. Someone really out to do something about the state of clothing around here. Sniffing lightly to himself, he set his wine down and gave a dramatic sigh. Why weren't there any other pretty people around? Surely there was someone here that he felt was worthy of his time? 

"Tch" he already knew how likely that was. He had already been with many a other canine, but they always wound up in disappointment. Though the other party often took offence. It wasn't his fault that they didn't meet his standards. Huffing at the thought, he brushed off his sleeves idly. No, it wasn't his fault. One day he would meet the perfect canine for him. Then maybe he might even start a family. Trelawney shifted his weight and picked up his wine glass again, hoping that his sappy thoughts didn't show on his face somehow. He would rather others find him too cold than some fool who believed in something like true love. 

232 words
Never growing up, you know it's just the way I do it.
|
|-T r e l a w n e y  C o u r t r i g h t-|
WC: 256

Belinda's hands fluttered over the pretty silver buttons over the bosom of her favorite blue dress. It was the color of a spring flower and made the reddish tinge of her fur pop. The bodice had been tailored to fit her throughout a variety of growth spurts and weight-losses because she was always loathe to trade in this particular dress of hers. It garnered her the most compliments and lingering glances of any of her wardrobe.

She sauntered into the bar, confident as can be, and chirped at Alonso for a drink. The coyote man smiled at her with a wink before turning to fetch it for her. Whilst she awaited the arrival of her drink, she turned around and leaned against the bar top on her elbows. With half-lidded violet eyes, she perused the populace in the bar with a cynical gaze. A great many mixed breeds were congregated in the ugly coyote, mostly dog and a few jackals. Only a few purebreeds were interspersed throughout. Luckily, none who were fiercely of wolf lineage seemed to be in the tavern at this time. It would be difficult to enjoy her drink with a wolf leering down at her.

"Hmmm, Trelawney," she purred at the white coydog to her right. He'd been a familiar face back in Palisade. More so now that they were bound as family by their siblings' marriage. Alonso obligingly pressed her drink into her hand so she slipped onto the stool next to him. "What ya got goin' on, hon?"
The sight of Belinda made him perk up a bit, she was always a pleasure to see. Of course he couldn't help himself and looked over her dress, and noticed it was one he had seen her in before. It didn't take long for her to join him at the bar, and he saw her scan the crowd before she spoke to him. "Oh Belinda, you're always a sight for sore eyes." he moved so he could face her properly. "Oh, I have the usual going on" he said and then smiled "So, nothing of course." He chuckled and shrugged in a carefree manner. It didn't truly bother him to do nothing, if he got too bored he could visit his brother, or talk to Alonso. Then of course, Belinda could always provide a distraction.

"How about you darling?" He asked with a sort of purr of his own. If he could call anyone here a friend besides the barman, it would likely be Belinda. It wasn't only due to their ties family wise either. They had known each other at Palisade, and Trelawney was actually glad that she had come to the pack lands. That meant at least one more person that he could talk to. She was someone he felt comfortable around too, which wasn't precisely normal for him. That was the thing about him, always seeking attention, but only had a few he could truly call friends. Family didn't truly count either, because family could ignore you just as easily as anyone else could. Pushing that aside, he drank more of his wine and looked Belinda over again. "I say, just how old is that dress of yours dear?"  

289 words
|
WC: 270

"Nothing is the best plan to have for a day." Her smile for the Courtwright was warm and genuine. Hosea was fun to mess with, but Trelawney was more her speed. He wasn't the sort that she sought out for a wild night on the town, but for a lazy day spent sunning in a field, he was her man. And Trelawney would never rat her out to her parents. He was the best alibi.

"Oh, personally I have a full agenda for the day." She took a sip of her drink and then carefully inspected her well groomed nails for any flaws. "First, wait for the sun to rise fully. Then get dressed. Then come to the bar. And now that I'm here, the rest of my day will consist of drinking and eating before I return back to my lonesome abode." She was used to living with her family and then at the inn. It was a bustle of coming and going with new people always flowing in and out. Now that she had a house to herself, she found herself pining for interactions more than ever.

Trelawney's comment made her roll her violet eyes with a good-natured "humph" of pretend offense. "I will have you know that this dress has served me quite well over the years. She's needed patches here and there..." Belinda looked down at the faded blue at the hems and sighed in defeat. "Okay, so she's seen better days. But Trelawney, this is my favorite dress. Even as old as it is, it flatters me like none of my other ones do!"
Trelawney nodded as he listened to her and looked at the dress thoughtfully. "Why not get it remade? I am sure someone with enough talent could copy that look with no trouble at all." He himself would do it, but he knew he was still not the best when it came to actually making clothing. Putting an already made outfit together though? That he could do with no problem whatsoever. Still, she may not want a new dress that looked the same, there was sure to be some sentimental value to the clothing item if she had kept it this long. "Up to you of course dear, I personally don't mind if you wear it. I was simply curious because it does look to have been adjusted." 

The coy dog male gave a wave of his hand as if dismissing what he had seen. "We both know I am more inclined to take notice of such things! The normal canine would not." Well, unless they made clothes, then they might notice. Trelawney couldn't be completely sure. Moving just a little, he took a sip of his drink and then relaxed in his seat. Honestly, he would rather continue to be lazy with one of the few canines he called friends, then start a debate on her dress. "I apologize dear" he said softly enough for only her ears and set his cup down "I didn't mean to offend, I truly was just curious." 

246 words
|
WC: 225

Trelawney's convincing arguments fought with Belinda's sentimental side. This dress had been a gift from her friends back in Palisade before she'd hastily run away. Sometimes, she regretted her move. Then she remembered that had she stayed, she would have played nursemaid to her younger siblings. That was a literal hell on Earth that Belinda just wasn't willing to endure.

"You don't mind, you just think I'd look better without the eyesore," she jested but there was an inflection of hurt in her voice. She sighed and sipped at her drink. "I suppose you're right. It's near time to retire the dress. But honestly, it's harder to get ahold of clothes here than it was back home."

Belinda either didn't realize or naively chose to ignore that the only reason this was true was because she didn't have her parents to fall back on. In Palisade, her name had been enough to get her most anything she wanted. Now she had to actually work for it. The Braithwaite shame had never been one to revel in effort and ambition. She left that all to Peony.

"Oh, I know you don't mean nothing by it, hon. I'm just still adjusting to the move is all." Another forlorn drink and a sad smile was turned towards her companion. "You'd think I'd be accustomed to it by now."
He nodded a little at her words, and truly did feel a bit bad for his comments about her dress. She was his friend, and he really should show a bit more restraint. "I think I'm still adjusting a bit too. It's a bit odd to be here instead of in Palisade." Though, at least here, he didn't have to deal with his father. The only family he had here was Hosea, and he supposed he should count Peony. Which meant he could sort of count Belinda as well, though viewing her as a sister didn't quite feel right. Other than that, he didn't really know too many people that resided in the proper pack lands. He sighed softly and shook his head "That doesn't excuse my rude behavior towards a friend." 

Trelawney wasn't one for apologies, or at least not public ones. He normally didn't care enough to even bother with private ones. However, Belinda had known him even before they were here at this inn. She had practically grown up around him, and knew things about him that he doubted many others had even noticed. Therefore he had enough respect for her to offer an olive branch of sorts, and to make up for any screw ups he may have done towards her. He gave the dress one last look over, this time wondering if he could give a try at recreating it after all.  

245 words
|
WC: 203

Belinda chafed at Trelawney's awkward apology. She didn't like their conversation growing so serious. Trelawney was a fun friend. Not a real friend. It wasn't the same. She turned her nose up with a smile, waving the apology away with a flick of her wrist. "It is. I oftentimes think of home." She took a long swig of what remained of her drink before gesturing for Alonso to refill her cup. "Especially when drinking. There really wasn't anything quite like the liquor back in Palisade."

Alonso returned with a refreshed glass of amber colored drink. Bel thanked him with a smile and a wink before turning back towards Trelawney. "So how long have you actually been here? Got any plans while you're here?"

Many from Palisade had come to the Del Cenere gang for a reason. Sometimes it was to garner good relations with the new pack, other times it was to foster a career path that was difficult to branch into in Palisade where many roles were already set in stone. The Braithwaites had arrived in a flurry of diplomatic relations that had more or less faded into the background. It was anyone's guess to what had brought the Courtwright dandy here.
Trelawney mulled over the question, he hadn't kept a strict eye on the time that had passed here for him. He shrugged lightly "A few months?" The coydog knew that it had been more than one singular month. Time really flew when you were doing nothing. Taking another drink he thought of Palisade and wondered if he had ever considered it his home at all. Shaking his head he set his cup down "I'm not sure about what I will do yet. If I can get away with it, I'll likely just sit around the bar some more. I'm sure Alonso won't mind." Trelawney gave the barkeep a charming smile after saying this, then focused on Belinda again. 

"How about you? Did you have any plans for what you would want to do here?" The question was more to be polite than anything else. He already knew that they were very alike when it came to wanting to work for anything. It was far easier to get other people to put the effort into a task then to do it yourself, though they had different ways of roping people into doing the work for them. Trelawney often talked someone into it with no reward in return, though he knew when he needed to trade instead, so that the worker felt that it was worth the work. Belinda...well, he actually wasn't fully sure what she did in return for the favors she got, whatever it was had worked well in Palisade. 

257 words
|