[AW] hand in unloving hand
beep boop Saga is chilling on the coast
Saga was kind of small, a little puny either by way of not getting enough to eat as a child like Aunt Wooders or simply by way of genetics like that weird masked dog that hung around and slept with Aunt Wooders. Hokori on the other hand was just ridiculously huge, cursed to be a friggin' giant by some grandfather she had never met and was thus responsible for her future of joint pains and muscle aches. The two of them side by side would always look funny no matter which forms they happened to occupy. As Hoko's muscled twitched, trembled and truncated into place she entertained the image of herself in Optime scooping up a tiny Lupus Saga.

Now that would be a sight to see. No doubt Saga would have protested it.

"I know Lossë, Meril, Evariste and Esyllt obviously but do you have any others?" 

It wasn't necessarily uncommon. People slept around, got together and broke up before moving on with puppies strewn in their wake. Hoko herself had older half-siblings that she was perfectly happy to hang out with if not exactly closely knit with them. 

As Saga slipped into a story to answer her questions Hokori kept looking off at the horizon, the lapping of white-crested waves against wet sand a pleasant background to the impromptu history lesson. Whether or not Saga had been too hard on her kids, Hoko couldn't say but she appreciated the way the older woman tolerated her incessant badgering. "Uh, very very vaguely yes. I know my Dad hated him and my mom doesn't like him much either, I don't think." She had never thought to pry into the why of her parent's relations with the departed Athras but perhaps she would have to now.

After that the mutt bit her tongue. She was brash to the point of being stupid but even she knew better than to interrupt such an intimate and no doubt painful to relate experience. Leaving the people she led to come to New Caledonia for the man she loved after a life of serving others only to have him creep out and away into the night when puppies got involved. Saga hadn't actually said that but she hadn't needed to. "Damn...if he pulled something like that I guess I can see why my dad hated his guts." 

Had she not just shifted Hokori would have offered her a hug.

"At least they haven't all been bad right? It's like you just said, I see Ierian hanging out with your kids, he seems like a pretty nice guy."

By now she had gotten the beginnings of a hole going, a little pit in the sand that she dug deeper and deeper with scratching nails. Hoko's tail wagged as Saga tested the waters, encouraging the other woman with a bark. Sometimes you just had to put aside everything that happened to you and dig a nice deep pit.

OOC: Wordcount 505

Messages In This Thread
hand in unloving hand - by Saga D'Angelo - 8 October 2021, 04:37 AM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Hokori Tanaka - 8 October 2021, 05:15 AM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Saga D'Angelo - 7 November 2021, 10:31 AM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Hokori Tanaka - 20 November 2021, 07:04 AM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Saga D'Angelo - 20 November 2021, 10:31 PM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Hokori Tanaka - 25 November 2021, 06:26 PM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Saga D'Angelo - 1 January 2022, 09:06 PM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Hokori Tanaka - 6 January 2022, 06:45 AM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Saga D'Angelo - 10 January 2022, 09:38 PM
RE: hand in unloving hand - by Hokori Tanaka - 14 January 2022, 05:43 AM