[NC] A Tear in the Tapestry

[Image: nc.png] A Tear in the Tapesty [Image: nc.png]

October came and went in a burst of flame... All eyes were on the City Square as New Caledonia worked together to tame the blaze.

➼ What's Next?

With each passing day, the cloud hanging over New Caledonia continues to grow. Investigations have revealed little in the way of clues, though more and more eye markings are being found in the forests that surround the Realm. As the nights grow longer, so too do the shadows.

November brings with it new dangers which seek to tear the pack asunder...

Starting towards the beginning of the month, children (defined as characters born in 2020 or 2021) of New Caledonia have begun going missing for extended periods of time. Strangers have been lurking about the borders and luring the youth to their camp with promises of good food and stories. When the children return they have small, mysterious favours in hand (tear shaped wood-carved medallions on leather thongs), their memories of the camp hazy and full of uncertainty.

Just who is it that is meeting with New Caledonia's children?

➼ Sign-up to be Lured to Camp!

Reply below with the following template if you'd like to have your character enticed by some enchanting outsiders! Leadership will be in touch about what the encounter will look like and what you can expect for your character.
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Dates at Camp:[/b]
[b]IC or OOC:[/b] (Would you like this to be played out or OOC assumed?)
Current List:
Note: Children are not being held against their will and can return to New Caledonia at any time. Silivren and her wife are engaging company, poking and prodding in an effort to find out what they can about New Caledonia and its people. The food and drink served is spiked enough to confuse the children about where they've been and how long they've been gone.

➼ Prompts for a Pickin'

November Thread Prompts:

In addition to our Monthly Thread Prompts, we have created 4 prompts that are more story-focused and can be influenced by your characters! Engagement is key, so involve as many characters as you wish! Discussion of all thread prompts is encouraged in our temporary Discord channel, #tear-in-the-tapestry!

Threads that are claimed will be clearly noted as to avoid doubling up on accident. <3

Claimable Threads:

• Someone vandalized Altuan's den. The old bear appears at the edge of Haven, seeking answers and assistance from the Realm.
  • Someone planted suspicious fire-starting paraphernalia (matches, rags, kindling, glass bottles) near your character's home. Now what?
  • Have your character complete a patrol and find one of the following: signs of struggle, a bloody dagger hidden in a tree, or a decapitated creature.
  • The trees at the border have been marked with what seems like endless carvings of eyes and teardrops. Find signs of fresh carvings and follow a trail through the woods - only to discover an abandoned fire pit. A strange burnt figurine is in the charcoal remains - what does it mean?

At the end of the month, all of children are returned… or are they?

Note: For tracking purposes please mark threads related to the story as 'A Tear in the Tapestry' in the thread subtitle! This will make updating as we go much easier. <3

Character Name: Delphine la Weir
Dates at Camp: open
IC or OOC: icly

for the child being lured away!!!

also looking to claim this , likely with valkyrie

Quote:
[font=Whitney, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Have your character complete a patrol and find one of the following: signs of struggle, a bloody dagger hidden in a tree, or a decapitated creature.[/font]

Thread link: https://soulsrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=51774

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
I've got a heart like a silver dollar
I may be s m a r t but I'll never change
And I might sparkle in the right light
But I'm always worth the s-a-m-e
Quote:The trees at the border have been marked with what seems like endless carvings of eyes and teardrops. Find signs of fresh carvings and follow a trail through the woods - only to discover an abandoned fire pit. A strange burnt figurine is in the charcoal remains - what does it mean?
I'd like to claim this thread for Percy, please! :O
Character Name: Valkyrie Savoy
Dates at Camp: open
IC or OOC: ICly

>:D

Also depending on the dates that Val does go missing, I would like her to perhaps claim this thread: (if allowed if not, no worries!!! Hell, she can even go missing for a month XD it’s up for negotiations)

Quote: Someone vandalized Altuan's den. The old bear appears at the edge of Haven, seeking answers and assistance from the Realm.

Thread link: https://soulsrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=51768
(7 November 2021, 06:32 PM)Mandi Wrote:
Quote:The trees at the border have been marked with what seems like endless carvings of eyes and teardrops. Find signs of fresh carvings and follow a trail through the woods - only to discover an abandoned fire pit. A strange burnt figurine is in the charcoal remains - what does it mean?

MIND IF I HOP IN ON THIS WITH ENA? ;D
Quote:Someone vandalized Altuan's den. The old bear appears at the edge of Haven, seeking answers and assistance from the Realm.

May Gwaun join Valkyrie in this? He's become friends with Altuan, and would jump at the chance to help him and figure out what's happened.

Also! I think Gwaun is just young enough? He's dumb and impressionable, let's get this boy kidnapped invited to a nice dinner party!

Character Name: Gwaun Fir-Chlis
Dates at Camp: Open (whatever works, just keep me posted!)
IC or OOC: ICly

Also also! I've done next to nothing with Filigoda, outside of her being weird and suspicious after the fire and disappearing into the woods again, so if there's anything weird and suspicious she can do for this plot, let me know! New Caledonia as a unit (and like, just barely King Iomair) come first in her mind above literally everything else, so she can do some real awful stuff for the "greater good" if that's of interest to anyone.

Thread Link: https://soulsrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=51768
(7 November 2021, 07:26 PM)Despi Wrote:

I know it says two folks, but if Aenan could tag along with the both of them, I'd be very happy to have him join.
Quote:
Someone planted suspicious fire-starting paraphernalia (matches, rags, kindling, glass bottles) near your character's home. Now what? 
Claiming this for Tora!
(7 November 2021, 11:26 PM)Scott Wrote:
(7 November 2021, 07:26 PM)Despi Wrote:

I know it says two folks, but if Aenan could tag along with the both of them, I'd be very happy to have him join.

As long as leadership are good with three players tag-teaming this one, I’d love to have both of you help me with it! :D
Character Name: Yuki Tanaka
Dates at Camp: any time works!
IC or OOC: I'm down for IC

Thread Link: https://soulsrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=51775
Quote:Someone planted suspicious fire-starting paraphernalia (matches, rags, kindling, glass bottles) near your character's home. Now what?

I wish to claim this prompt for Ierian Songthorn please
https://soulsrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=51872

Mine and jazzys prompt thread
Finally posted the thread regarding fire-starting paraphernalia