[P] [M] If I cannot be better then them, I will become so much worse.
Liam/Viktor - Charmingtown.

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Specifically, this thread is marked mature because of: drinking.

wc – 421
For Liam/Viktor.
Set at the Ugly Coyote, 7-8 pmish? It is sleeting outside, with the temperature being cold enough to freeze a lovely sheet of black ice over everything. Very windy and cold.

Jimena watched the whitecaps crest on the turbulent waters of Moosehead lake, the sight of such an angry body of water somewhat impressive. She wondered if the fish that called the dark depths their home felt the same violent energy that tossed the surface far above, or if somehow they were shielded from the worst of it all. Wind sent the fine strands of her dark hair whipping across her face and Jimena snorted once, picking the strands from glowing orange eyes before hunching down and moving on. 

She pulled her mantle closer to her shoulders and watched as a wet snow began to rain down, hardening into slick ice as it touched the frigid ground. Shit. This was not ideal, and the warmth and safety of her house were some distance away. In fact, shelter of any kind seemed miserably out of reach. Jimenas jaw tightened as she waddled over the icy ground, arms stretched out precariously to lend her balance. It took her some time, but eventually Charmingtown came into focus and she could spot the glow of fires promising warmth and steady flooring.

The sleet let up momentarily and she hurried down the main thoroughfare, knowing by instinct alone rather then visual markers to take her to the run-down bar the Ashen called home. Once the coyote had bounded up the steps and crossed the threshold, she heaved a sigh of relief at the warmth that touched her very cold nose. “ Good god it is miserable out there. “ Jimena said to no one in particular, slipping the sodden mantle off of her shoulders. It would have to be hung to dry somewhere, but for now the El Elegido was more focused on getting something warm into her.

Sliding up to the bar, she fixed Alonso with a grin that didn’t quite meet her eyes and slid a folded package of pelts across the bar. “ Something strong, warm… “ Jimena ventured, still feeling very awkward drinking alcohol in public. The dark coyote nodded once and turned away to fill her request, leaving the young female to practically deflate in the nearest chair. A pinch on her backside reminded her that she was armed and swiftly she was on her feet, stifling a yelp while gingerly unsheathing various knives and placing each blade on the counter.

After patting herself to confirm there was no more sharp weapons on her person, Jimena sat down and closed her eyes as she waited for something warm and alcoholic to appear in front of her.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
I've got a heart like a silver dollar
I may be s m a r t but I'll never change
And I might sparkle in the right light
But I'm always worth the s-a-m-e
Liam del Morte had already seen plenty of strange, new vistas and canines on his travels. Some were stranger than others. Not much took him by much surprise or scared him at this point, as Liam was now five years old and was well traveled. Still, he could appreciate the unique things in life. He adored new knowledge. The farther his paws took him, the more he realized how infinitely large the world was. There was never an end to the map. Despite the hesitance his family members from Portland had expressed about Del Cenere Gang, Liam saw no reason to avoid the area completely as long as they allowed loner wolves like him to enter and trade. It would be missing out otherwise. He wanted his mind expanded, not kept narrow by staying with canines only like himself. He was on a search, after all. He would go nowhere with the goal of finding his older brother if he stayed in his comfort zone. While he felt somewhat anxious entering the territory of this pack, he resolved to see it more as anticipation and excitement. 

Despite being a wolf, Liam was welcome to enter and trade at the Pasillo Gris Trading Post. He did not pass up the opportunity and had found that business here was quite successful as a result. He did not set up a more lasting structure for a permanent stall there, yet was still thrilled to find that there were plenty of Del Ceneres and fellow outsiders to trade with. Charmingtown was aptly named. 

Once he was satisfied with the results of his first day of trading, he needed to wet his parched throat. That work involved a lot of talking and talk he did. He took his haul to where he was staying for the allotted two days at the Trailside Inn, rested his paws and took off again for The Ugly Coyote. He had been to this bar earlier when he had first arrived. It was an exciting establishment for it was filled to the brim with canines of the pack's colorful culture. While they did regard him as a clear outsider, they were not outright hostile and were in fact pretty intriguing.

On Liam's departure, a heavy sleet settled over the landscape of the territory. The cold usually did not bother him too much when it was dry, but when his fur and clothing was soaked, that was an entirely different story. His breath billowed out in front of him in an opaque cloud, not hot enough by any stretch at all to warm his now freezing whiskers. He grunted in annoyance to himself and took shelter in the bar. Finally he had arrived. He shrugged off his sopping wet coat and squeezed it with his arms extended outside the frame of the door to expel whatever liquid he could. Finally, he shut the door behind him. The claws of the cold were cut off in the hinges, their ghostly white fingers melted in the warm atmosphere of the bar. 

The earth-colored wolf sat at the bar and heaved a sigh of relief with shut eyes. When he opened them, however, they widened into large brown disks when he saw the gray coyote next to him. She was unarming herself by depositing just about every size of knife blade imaginable on the table in front of her. Liam felt his heart pound in his chest in a very awful, painful way. When her metallic copper eyes caught his, he let out an uneasy laugh. 

"Wow, those uh... Sure are some knives," he said to her. He swallowed thickly and made a poor attempt to disguise his apparent anxiety. "Ah, right, my name is Liam del Morte. What do you need so many knives for, if you don't mind my asking?" Liam had similar blades himself, but only those that he needed: One to defend himself with should he be in a bad enough situation for close combat, one for skinning, one for tanning, and one for eating or cooking. He preferred to keep them out of the way, for fear of harming himself or others on accident.
[Image: unknown.png]
Liam del Morte
So sprout your wings and fly away
For another sunny day
I've got a million of them waiting for you

Character WikiPlayer Wiki

[Image: unknown.png] [Image: he_him_by_agent_pits-d88i5w6.png] [Image: Ltbudl6.png]
(Art Credit)
word count - 270

THIS ISNT HEAVEN|YOU'RE LIGHTER FUEL;

It took only moments before not one, but two steaming mugs were placed in front of her. Inhaling deeply, Jimena savored the tart scent of apple cider and mead that wafted from the tabletop. “ Let me know when you are ready for another, Miss Escuella. “ Alonso said pleasantly, returning to his place with a drying rag at the ready, dark gaze sweeping the interior of the bar.

Jimena grunted in response, fingers still thoroughly frozen and the center of her attention currently. A stranger appeared at the door, seeking shelter like most anyone else. For the moment, she ignored this intrusion. Loners were common and generally fell into two groups. Friendly and unfriendly. With a sigh the coyote leaned back in her seat, bringing the first vessel to her lips. The wolf surprised her with a laugh that didn’t sound all that genuine and she glanced over at him, orange eyes flashing.

“ Is this an unusual amount of knives to have on ones person? “ Jimena asked seriously, peering over her cup to the weapons on display. Idly the coyote reached out and caressed the largest one, running a brown nail down the length of the honed blade. Some were for practical uses, and others protection. “ Well, to stab would be thugs of course. “ The female stated bluntly, lapping at the warm drink cradled in her palm.

“ That one is for skinning though, I was out checking my trapline earlier. “ She offered, deciding to not terrify this stranger anymore then necessary. “ My name is Jimena. What brings ya t’ Del Cenere? “

I WAS AN ANGEL UNTIL YOU BECKONED.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
I've got a heart like a silver dollar
I may be s m a r t but I'll never change
And I might sparkle in the right light
But I'm always worth the s-a-m-e
Liam spotted two mugs of cider slid to the stranger by the barkeep. Not a half bad drink at all, by the smell of it. As she drank in the scent and flavor, Liam ordered his own drinks - shots of vodka. He offered Alonso some arrowheads he had crafted from stone and obsidian, which he accepted after some examination. Liam knew by now that they would not accept anything perishable, as they would not trust his word as a loner wolf from outside the borders. He awaited his drink with anticipation as the shots were given to him. He crafted his own alcohol, but he sometimes tired of his own supply and liked to sample what was brewed by others. The taste of what he was given was certainly different than what he brewed, but was overall the same kind of spirit. He smiled to himself, happy to be distracted from the blades of the woman next to him if only for a moment.

The wolf worried he had offended the coyote from how she reacted to his anxiety. He prayed that this did not mean a fight. He could certainly talk his way out of it, but that was most usually successful before weapons were pointed. He preferred to avoid that and keep his life, as his life was precious to him. He may not be very young anymore, but he still had too many mysteries to solve before he could accept death.

At her comment about stabbing would-be thugs, Liam felt his heart rate spike. He downed a shot quickly to cope with this anxiety. He did not consider himself a thug, especially since he had never killed anyone, but knew one could be perceived as a thug if ire was drawn. He forced his breathing to even out and he shifted his eyes from the cold metal of the weapons to her face. 

She mentioned skinning and traplines. This was something he knew about, a welcome distraction. Perhaps something he could use to persuade her not to kill him with this array. He cleared his throat to speak.

"Ah, you're a skinner? I as well," he commented. "Do you know much about tanning, then? You can find some pretty furs from the backs of the creatures here. Not to mention, the canines interested in such things for clothing." 

He offered a more relaxed smile now that the topic changed somewhat. His unease was lifting. He enjoyed conversation with the canines here, he was just caught off guard with something he was jittery about at first. So long as he kept his gaze from the terrifying yet glittering menorah of knives, he was alright with this Jimena. 

"Charmed, Jimena. I am here from Portland to trade, simply put. I'll be here in your thrilling pack for another day before I must leave," Liam answered.
[Image: unknown.png]
Liam del Morte
So sprout your wings and fly away
For another sunny day
I've got a million of them waiting for you

Character WikiPlayer Wiki

[Image: unknown.png] [Image: he_him_by_agent_pits-d88i5w6.png] [Image: Ltbudl6.png]
(Art Credit)