[P] [M] hit me with your killshot
CRACK SHIP CRACK SHIP CRACK SHIP
She had seen a smile like that before on the face of many men. Each time, she thought it foolhardy and reckless; each time, she saw a bit of herself reflected back, like a mirror.

Iomair was the last sort she had expected to be down and dirty with the rest of them, but then again, she was ignorant to his wandering eyes and the sort of company he preferred. She just assumed he, like his Isiltári, was a square and always had been and had no reason to question this assumption.

She bristled at the name, the power of it feeing quite heftier being spoken out in the open rather than the sanctity of her own mind.

It was surprising to hear him agree with her, after all that he had felt in those days following the attack. Fennore had made it no secret what her King had wanted, when she made her visits to the Underthing — setting herself up as Viridian's savior from a most certain death, now that the Soul could look at it in retrospect and with more clarity than before.

"Well," she took the offered drink with little hesitation, deciding her thirst outweighed whatever haughtiness and disdain she still felt for him and his supposed gift, "I guess that's on you for not letting me finish what I started."

When she drank of the cup, it was hard and fast, and an amber bead of liquid trailed down the pale fur of her throat before she set down the glass with a dull thud.

Her tall ears quirked at this revelation, though it was one she had long since suspected, that the Priest and ex-Queen had been canoodling behind her back. And behind Iomair's, too, it seemed.

"I figured," she sighed, an ancient anger rousing within her — but the flames had long since tempered, now that she had left that life in New Caledonia behind. "That was, uh, kind of the whole reason I wanted to knock his brains out, if you all somehow missed that."

She scoffed, shaking her head. "He's a fuckin' sleazebag and none of you wanna deal with it."

It took her a very long time to realize it. When would the rest of his Kingdom wake up? Was it just easier to ignore the fact that everything Rand touched disintegrating at his fucking fingertips?

Oh, well. She was far beyond caring about it, now. So far beyond. Far, far beyond.

"Uh, sorry to hear that though, I guess. I know you two were married or whatever."

For whatever good the invisible bonds of marriage did for literally anyone ever. A mere concept was hardly enough to keep two animals from acting out on instinct.

She rose her cup in a mock toast with a laugh, "Here's to shitty partners."

Her tongue flashed out to lick the boozy residue at her muzzle when he spoke again, and she gave a noncommittal shrug as she took another deep gulp of her drink, ignoring the way her stomach felt warm and full from the alcohol. "I went to Casa di Cavalieri. Seemed a better fit since all they expect me to do is fight."

A thoughtful hum.

"Though I didn't expect they'd be so much more stiff than you all. Lots of rules, like no drinking — but what they don't know doesn't hurt 'em."

Gesturing loosely to her glass, she accentuated her point by taking another sip.

[+585]

sig by Raze

Messages In This Thread
[M] hit me with your killshot - by Viridian Soul - 2 December 2021, 12:36 AM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Iomair - 10 December 2021, 03:58 AM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Viridian Soul - 17 December 2021, 11:00 PM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Viridian Soul - 3 January 2022, 03:23 PM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Viridian Soul - 12 January 2022, 10:51 PM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Viridian Soul - 15 January 2022, 12:22 AM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Viridian Soul - 22 January 2022, 01:42 PM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Viridian Soul - 27 January 2022, 10:16 PM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Iomair - 21 December 2021, 02:22 PM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Iomair - 10 January 2022, 10:08 PM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Iomair - 13 January 2022, 02:40 AM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Iomair - 19 January 2022, 02:42 AM
RE: [M] hit me with your killshot - by Iomair - 24 January 2022, 06:42 PM