[P] The sheriff comes knocking
For Tallulah
I want to believe - No, I choose to believe - That I was made to become - A sanctuary

OOC: Dated after Freddy's return from Casa - Word Count: 435

Casa had been a good visit, excellent compared to how Freddy used to view the place like an omen, and now he was back home and in good spirits. The only reason Freddy had coped so well in Casa was because of his position here. He felt useful now, a title to his name that proved Freddy had a pack and a family that trusted him, perhaps proof that all along the young man didn't need to shoulder every problem like it was his fault. However, that comfort would need to be paid by hard work, which Freddy went straight back into the moment he got in Charmingtown. Order of business would be check in with all the Ashen, make sure everyone was feeling alright, no news to report in. Then, go check on things back at his home, find a place to store all the notes he'd made from Casa. 

After a few days, Freddy would then see about what he could do to help his pack-mates strengthen themselves, perhaps see to adding more weapons to storage, encourage members to have at least some proficiency in them. 

That would come later, as Freddy had plenty to do to keep up with his many jobs. Charmingtown seemed to be doing fine, with some visitors coming to the El Diente with minor issues that he made a soft promise to sort out soon. But what caught his attention was the addition of a new member to the Gang's ranks. Freddy didn't usually check in with every single soul coming in and out of Charmingtown, even if he tried it would be impossible to keep count. But when someone joined the ranks with the intention of sticking around, then the El Diente knew he needed to meet them. Checking intentions was only part of the reason, for the most part Freddy just liked to make his presence known; letting folks know that the El Diente was around to help should they need it. 

But he wouldn't go empty handed, since apparently this Tallulah lady was staying just outside of town in her own small setup. Given the winter chill, that must be a bit rough, so Freddy opted to go home first and collect her some furs from the spare room. A gift, or something to borrow if the new Ashen wasn't the gift-receiving type. Noticing the tent was easy enough, with the small plumes of smoke from a campfire nearby, so Freddy approached with a confident step the moment he noticed the new face near her personal camp.

Fredrick Knight

I want to take shelter but I'm ready, ready to fight.
Somewhere in the middle I feel a little paralyzed.

[Image: FwhWcF2b_o.png]
Tallulah had been busy. Aware that her movements would be limited to the outskirts of Charmingtown and within, it did not stop her from making adjustments. The fire burned under the frosty night, but she was up and about. The camp - and warmth - was for Rusty's sake mostly. He worried about her safety. The equine was hitched to a tree nearby, and he looked up - gave a grunt - at the other's approach. "Be with ya in a second!" came the young woman's voice from behind the tent. She had been bent down, fastened a trap made of wire for any curious unwanted folk. The trap would be directly behind her sleeping head, outside. Also good for curious prey animals.

A good breakfast. "There" she rose, her periwinkle eyes focused on Frederick. There would be a slight hesitation before she approached. Tallulah pat Rusty as she passed him by and the Clydesdale nickered in acknowledgment. "sorry 'bout that" she added to the man and placed both hands on her hips. She did not know him personally as she had just arrived days prior. "how can I help ya, sir?" Surely the other Gang folk had heard of her, seen her around... If they didn't have their head up their ass, that is! Tallulah was still learning all the ranks and do-hows anyway. She didn't fault them for not approaching her. Not every day a stranger joined.

Still, it did not stop her bright smile as she looked at the man. Her eyes were alert, warm and her shaggy tail waved slowly behind her. Albeit her tail was a bit lower than the man out of respect for his, ah, unspoken rank. She had been a frontier woman - and they did not typically bow just cause another had a fancy-dancy name. Her people had been a community, not one made of titles and social graces. Unspoken, you earned respect.

ooc; 317 words, tagging freddy
I want to believe - No, I choose to believe - That I was made to become - A sanctuary

OOC: Dated after Freddy's return from Casa - Word Count: 302

Having a title didn't make Freddy assume himself better than others. In fact the only time he would really exploit the name of El Diente was when around those visiting in Charmingtown, those who needed reminding about who was watching them and dealing with any mischief. The same reason he didn't wave around his last name and brag about being part of a large and impressive family of wolf warriors; because in the end, Freddy was more defined by himself and by his actions to demand much else from others. Especially Ashen, who he hoped would treat him like a peer rather than a lord. The noise of a horse drew Freddy over towards it, calmly offering the animal his hand to smell whilst the owner called from within the tent. 

Tallulah appeared shortly afterwards, for Freddy to look at and remember given it was the first time the El Diente had met their newest member. She certainly fit the idea of an Ashen, if their pack was to have an 'aesthetic' at least. She also seemed fairly well off given her use of a tent, but Freddy still held out his hand that was holding the spare bed furs all the same. "A-a g...gift." He rasped, with a warm smile. 

"H...heard about new... f-face." The El Diente began, as loud and clear as his fragile voice could be. "I'm F-Freddy... kn-known as th...the El Diente. Means I'm i-in ch..charge of d-defences." The small jackal stated, demonstrating a lack of strength in his size, but a lot of determination and experience in the scars across his body and the focus of his green eyes. "An... any t-trouble or w... worries and y-you just c-call... me." 

Fredrick Knight

A gift. He didn't have to do that. She looked down at his arms, carrying the bundle. Tallulah's tail wagged a bit more as she closed the distance. "That's mighty nice of ya, sir - er, Freddy" she corrected herself as quickly as possible, extending her arms out to take the blankets and such. Once they were in her arms, she inspected them visually and confirmed they were of a good make. She flashed him a smile "and if ya need anything, any help at all... or just feelin' up to chat, come by any time." Hospitality is what she had been heavily raised in. Do a kindness to others, and they usually do the same to you.

Even if some could look down on the jackal for his size, she was a good judge of character. Tallulah saw grit and determination, strength and loyalty, in the El Diente. Most assumed small men were weak. Some assumed wolves were dangerous and beastly. All sorts of biases existed in the world. She may not agree with them, but she accepted she wasn't going to change the world herself. It all started with accepting others for who and what they were. "I'm Tallulah" she introduced herself and gave a nod to her large horse "and that's Rusty." Freddy may not know their names, for he could rightly acknowledge Tallulah as a newcomer.

"The extra blankets will do us both good" she chuckled warmly "it's a bit chilly at night" though there was a question as to why Tallulah tried to camp out here than rent a room. She didn't like being handed anything; that was one reason. Just cause she was part of the pack now, didn't mean she'd go rent-free. "if ya ain't doing anything, why not join us?" she invited the El Diente easily "I got some dried meat and drink around here somewhere."

ooc; 313 words, tagging freddy

OOC: Dated after Freddy's return from Casa - Word Count: 321

Freddy certainly didn't have many biases himself. He didn't view wolves as hateful brutes given he was raised by the largest and most noble of them. Nor did he consider coyotes or dogs to be much different. Size and shape didn't matter, it was the individual who made their own stories, and Freddy was willing to spend the time to see how everyone functioned in their own ways. Those in the Gang, although majority of them had a drive to work with horses, all had their own special talents. Freddy had seen so much variety here, and finding his own place had felt like fitting into a multicoloured puzzle. 

The young man's generocity was always apparent; those in Charmingtown knew of Freddy not just for his vigilant ways of protecting folks but also his eagerness to help with any task or favour. He'd risk his life just to keep others safe, so giving out gifts to those who needed it was just part of his nature. "I-I would... like to ch-chat. Learn s-some an' sh-share anything you n...need." Freddy stated, happy to enjoy company within the tent for a while. Given his size, Freddy wouldn't take up much space, and did enjoy the cosiness of the inside. Still not sure why Tallulah used a tent over having a dry and warm room in the inn, but there was something comfy about this small space. 

Finding a place to sit, Freddy gave the new member a small smile, "Dr-drink would... be f-fine." He rasped, then cleared his throat to speak a bit more. "So... wh-what br...brought you t-to the Ash...en?" Freddy questioned, curious to know what had driven Tallulah to come here. Many saw the Ashen as a chance for a new life, a new family or a new business. What was Tallulah's reason? 

Fredrick Knight

While she would later drag two logs by a fire pit, the tent was good enough for company. Thankfully Freddy didn't take up too much room, and she was the same anyway with her smaller size compared to some fierce northern women. Tallulah sat as lady-like as possible for a Luperci of her personality. She had placed the blankets to the side of her bed; it would be good to use them tonight. She filled a tin cup with water before passing it to Freddy, uncertain if he was going out on patrol later. She didn't know if he could hold his alcohol and didn't want his title tarnished by a drunken mistake or two.

She expected questions. Most of, if not all, would want to know what she was doing here. "Luck," she said, at last, having filled another tin cup with water before answering Freddy "my Pa raised me in the south, and the places 'round there are like Del Cenere" ranchers, cowboys, and the wild west "there's no real formal pack like the Gang has" she added "I lived on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, just me and Pa and the livestock. We were loners" she felt her slender shoulders shrug "and it suited me fine until I was old enough to want to explore a bit." With her and her friends drifting apart, Tallulah needed more socializing.

Pa was a fine man, a man she was proud to have as her kin. But he understood his girl needed to leave and find herself. "Figured it'd be easier and safer with a pack at me back" she chuckled before taking a short drink of water "found Del Cenere by accident while wanderin'. You lot took me in so I'm here to stay" For now, anyway. Things could change, and she wasn't averse to it "what about you, Freddy? Have you always lived here?"

ooc; 318 words, tagging freddy