[AW] over & under & all around the daisy chain
aw for 1 & may thread prompt!
Quote:
May Thread Prompt: Spring is in full swing, which means that there is plenty of colorful flora to be found throughout the Realm! Have your character construct a flower crown for themselves, a friend… or a “friend” ;^)
word count: 406/1000

come make flower crowns with il maestro himself (-:
[406 +4, aw +5]

Losse had been in incredibly bright spirits. He had found purpose, he had found clarity, and he was finally beginning to move on from the war. He had felt weak as a kitten before, but as he trained and as he grew more confident in himself, he felt stronger in all ways. He was contented with the path that he was following, and a sense of deep peace blossomed within his chest when he thought of what gifts his future would hold. He was developing a sense of honor, one growing from the same seed that compelled him to make an important promise, a promise that he intended to keep. With the return of spring and the flowers, it was the perfect time to get to work.

He had sat down in a large patch of wildflowers, bearing a large borrowed basket, and settled in to his work. It wasn't an onerous task, but it was one that required quite a bit of doing -- there were more than a few wild hives he had to get to, plus the ones built and maintained by the pack's Honeycombers. The chocolate and cream male was expecting, and planning, to sit in this meadow and make flower crowns all day to meet this need. He was excited to get underway with the making, and while he enjoyed his own company while he crafted, he idly hoped a packmate would join him. It was a beautiful day, too nice to spend alone, and more hands make lighter work. 

Of course, he mused to himself, weaving flower crowns wasn't exactly a heavy workload, but it was still one that benefitted from company. He plucked flowers delicately, taking care not to disturb the flower petals, and held some of them up next to each other, examining the colors and how well they went together. He wove, carefully, using some of the tall grasses growing in the meadow to help with the stability of the crown. Periodically, he held it up and turned it around, looking at it from different angles, adding extra flowers and carefully rearranging ones already woven in. When he finally decided it was done, he carefully set it down in the basket. It would take him several hours, easily, to finish his work with how long he was taking to make a single flower crown, but he didn't mind. It was a labor of love.
a very speedy reply machine
[Image: 9bRyDDw.png]
signature by eike
Thistle felt as though he was starting to settle into New Caledonia - with the help and comforting familiarity of his elder siblings, of course. There were many denizens of the realm the young man was yet to meet. Rather than feeling the intense trepidation of his arrival at the borders, though, he’d slipped into a state of eagerness to get to know his pack mates.

These lands were quieter than Portland had been and Thistle no longer missed the hustle and bustle. Probably the dust still settling after the recent war; that was always in the back of Thistle’s mind and wherever he went, he went carefully so as not to disturb things. Whether it was the comfort of those he now shared a home with, the buildings that still stood, or the land itself, he was still treating things delicately. Or as delicately as any Cormier could, given that side of their family’s tendency towards fiery temperaments.

His citrus-green eyes had brightened when he’d happened upon the meadow. It was a beautiful open space, dotted with daisies and other wildflowers. Thistle wore a smile as he padded his way through the grasses, almost absent-minded in his meandering. Until he picked up a scent - both wolf and dog, just like him. He followed his nose, soon spotting a youth settled in a patch of wildflowers.

Thistle let low woof before approaching with interest in his eyes as he looked at the slender male’s busy hands.

“Those are pretty,” he remarked. “Mind if I join ya?” Without waiting for an answer, Thistle looked for a patch where he could lower his muscular form without damaging any of the wildflowers. When he did sink himself onto the carpet of vegetation, it was done carefully - as gingerly as someone who might’ve recently caught a set of jaws to the tail. “‘m Thistle - new here,” he offered.

[321]
Quote:
May Thread Prompt: Spring is in full swing, which means there is plenty of colorful flora to be found throughout the Realm! Have your character construct a flower crown for themselves, a friend... or a "friend" ;^)
word count: 854/1000

[448 +4]

Over and under and around and through, he wove and tucked flowers together. It was a work that was easy to lose oneself in, something that could let someone's mind wander and meander and return, lazy and sated on rich daydreams and hazy, pleasant memories. Sitting in the vast green space, the sun warming the fur on his skin, the light breeze bringing the scents of the not-so-distant sea, he felt a kind of joy reminiscent of the cloud watching in the shade of the Chimetower. Perhaps healing could come sooner rather than later. Every now and then he held the crown out in front of him and inspected it from various angles, carefully rearranging when needed. He was fastidious in his work, felt it demanded perfection as best as he could manage. Another crown finished, he mentally checked a wild hive in the Silver Strip off his list and began weaving anew.

Footsteps approached, and Losse turned to face the newcomer, holding a hand up to shield his eyes from the sun. "Hello!" He called, delighted to have a companion. He didn't mind sitting on his own, but he enjoyed having someone to chat with. He liked a good conversation. As the other male approached, the merle realized he was a newer member. He'd been somewhat suspicious of newer pack mates, since the war and the betrayals from within, but he'd heard this male was relation to the Parhelions. No suspicion was necessary with him, and Losse relaxed tension he hadn't realized he'd pulled into his shoulders. 

"Thank you," he said, beaming with pride, as the other sat down. "I make them a lot, so I've gotten really good at it!" He wore one himself, a simple circle of little yellow flowers that rested around his ears. "I'd love some company! I was just thinking about how nice it would be to have someone to talk to while I work on these," he said, gathering up some flowers he'd already plucked and dropping them gently into the other's lap. "And it sure would be faster with four hands too!" He moved the basket to be more in between the two of them and picked up his crown in progress again. "I'm Losse! I was born here, a bunch of my family lives here too. You'll probably run across them at some point, there's a lot of us. What all have you seen in the territory so far?" Losse knew some good spots in the territory he could share with the newcomer, perhaps, and maybe they could be friends. That would be nice.
a very speedy reply machine
[Image: 9bRyDDw.png]
signature by eike