[P] [M] Make me part of your design
For Raze/Odysseus!

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Specifically, this thread is marked mature because of: violence and language.

OOC: Egregore is in Optime form. Mind is fronting, as Egregore is plural. Set in neutral territories, likely the Northern Tides.

Mind, being as new as he was, did not understand the other two that he shared his body and life with.

Blood was more easy to get along with. He cared not for whatever Mind did and even encouraged his hijinks at times, especially if it annoyed Soul. On the other hand, Soul was crazy and overall an irritating presence. Mind wanted to know how to tolerate him more, at least as well as Blood did. He said it was because they had been 'dealing with' each other for longer. Mind guessed this was good enough until Soul began accusing him of ruining Egregore's reputation. As important as this was in Salsola, Mind could not bring himself to care.

Seeing as he was 'in charge' that day, Egregore ventured into the neutral territories. He was given another target to assassinate, which went as well as one could expect of him by this point; that is to say, well enough. She fought back during her death throes and poison induced convulsions, but he only expected to have a bruise that would not be visible under all his fur. It was when he was washing himself in a river that he heard another close by. Damn. He knew his scent would be rendered neutral or at least muddy from this, but he did not appreciate being snuck up on. 

"Who's there?" he demanded.

His speech was absent of the Russian accent, his brethren Blood and Soul being absent for once. He did not appreciate being snuck up on one bit, especially as an Assassino. The fact he allowed his focus to slip long enough for another to appear without his immediate perception bothered and unsettled him. Was this friend or foe? There was no telling, but he would not mind chasing whomever this was down to find out if necessary.
[Image: egregore_by_jazzy_small.png]
[Image: red_moon.png] [Image: egg.png] [Image: blue_moon.png]

Our minds feel hate and flesh is willing
We hurt what lies between
One second passes and you're gone
Our weapons drawn but
Somehow these kills won't make us whole
We've sold our souls

Character WikiPlayer WikiAdopt Niko Prizmov!

[Image: 80x15_songbird.png] [Image: he_him_by_agent_pits-d88i5w6.png] [Image: plural_button.png]

(Art Credit)
OOC » Wasn't sure how Mind would choose to dress or what scarifications etc. would be visible, so I was vague and assumed he at least looked interesting lol!

The worst part of being a vagabond was not having a place to store all your shit.

Not that Odysseus had many belongings to his name anymore — probably because of the aforementioned problem. A small satchel contained enough space to store his clothes, and he had his various blades on him, but otherwise he had to make do. Any prey he didn’t devour in one sitting was buried in shallow caches near whatever shelter he found for the night. (The last half-eaten muskrat he’d left had been dug up and stolen by a fox.) Any comfort items had to be swapped out or passed up. And any drink he found…

Muttering softly to himself, the dog wandered the riverbank, scouring the stone-choked shallows for the bottle of piss-poor beer he’d traded a piss-poor knife for a couple days ago. Beggars couldn’t be choosers (and honestly, the blade had been dull enough that he’d probably gotten the better deal anyway), but he’d hoped that storing it in the cold water would improve its flavor. If he could find where he’d stashed it.

His brow furrowed, intensifying the dark lines on his face, as he looked for a familiar landmark. An old balsam fir, fallen in recent storms, had bridged the water, and he’d wedged the bottle among some rocks in its shallows.

He walked softly, gone silent in his focus, which was how he managed to sneak up on the bathing individual — and how he hadn’t noticed the stranger himself.

Odie straightened. Tension flickered through his lean body for a second, but he then outwardly relaxed, lips curling back to bare sharp teeth in an amused smile. Tranquilo,” he said, raising his hands peaceably. “I didn’t mean to startle you. I was just looking” — and he couldn’t help his amber eyes wandering along points of interest on the stranger’s muscular frame — “for something I misplaced.

“I’m Odysseus,”
the dog added, as a gesture of faith.

[Image: odiedodie.gif]
OOC: Hey there, thanks for replying! And that's alright, I should have specified his clothing, haha. I detailed his appearance a little more here!

The newcomer was a mongrel of a Luperci, eyes yellow and brows furrowed in their attempts to calm Egregore. Mind remained tense in the body, but did lower his obviously aggressive and dominant demeanor. The stranger could very well be lying and might strike as soon as they were close enough to with those blades they had attached to their person. That did not mean he had to provoke them to do it sooner. He sucked in cold air to exhale in a relieved breath.

'Tranquilo.' What did that mean? It sounded like the word 'tranquil', so he interpreted it to have a similar meaning to 'be calm'. His bright and colorful eyes were still narrowed in suspicion, but he did not voice his obvious paranoia just yet. The newcomer's own eyes traced over Egregore now, which he supposed was fair. His weapons were not visible; the blades and poison were concealed in his pants. Unfortunately, his shirt was discarded to the side, revealing nothing but the scars on each shoulder. With a start, he realized his Hand of Eris may be visible. He reached for his shirt and shrugged it back on, stepping away from the waters. It was a simple article, but it was dyed a deep blue. Mind was not sure where they had obtained the shirt, but he did not know the origin of a majority of the objects in Egregore's possession. Now he fastened his cloak around his neck, a long and dark thing that hung baggily around him. This stranger was not his target, at least not today. He still wished he was not caught with his back bare. Salsola's secrecy had been stressed to him enough.

"Alright Odysseus," he greeted hesitantly. "My name is Chimera. What did you lose, then?"

Depending on the situation, he may or may not be willing to aid them in their search. Especially if his time was made worthwhile. He had time, especially with his target properly dispatched and the blood rinsed off his gloves. He slipped these back on now, the white fabric stretching over his gray fingers. His sharp claws could be unsheathed through holes left in the tips, and he wondered briefly to himself if it would be necessary to use them on Odysseus. As long as they did not annoy him or attempt to harm him, the newcomer could walk away unscathed and alive.

Our weapons drawn but
We've sold our souls

[Image: 80x15_songbird.png] [Image: he_him_by_agent_pits-d88i5w6.png] [Image: plural_button.png]

(Art Credit)
OOC » Ahh sorry this reply sucks. :') I struggled with what to write.

What had he lost?

Odie was slow to respond, too caught up in the visual details of the stranger. Tall, muscular, with dual-colored eyes and esoteric scars, and sharply-dressed to boot. He hadn’t seen many with such richly-dyed clothing in these parts, and he couldn’t remember the last time he’d seen someone wear gloves. His head cocked as the wolfdog stepped from the water, and he took his own small step back to keep respectful distance between them.

“Treasure,” he purred by way of answer, then let a self-deprecating bark of laughter escape his lips. “Treasure for a poor man, perhaps. The glass bottle is worth far more than the ale inside it.”

His eyes flickered as he gave the wolfdog another quick once-over, purposefully poorly concealed, then Odie flipped some of his hair back and put a hand on his hip. “You look far too interesting to want to trouble yourself with something like that, though.”

Mind felt irritation when there was a beat of silence. Suspicion crept in as well, settling as a dense fog as always. Was he playing a mind game with him? Why was he extending this interaction so long? He honestly wished he was alone already. He raised a brow at the cryptic response. A bottle that was treasure for a poor man. Mind hummed, gruff in his throat. Why the hell would anyone want to hang on to something like that? He supposed Soul did hang on to things like that and so did others. Loners did not have much either. It was not his business to comment on. The provided reason made him feel less paranoid about this encounter.

"Interesting?"

He glanced down at himself. Shit... He did stick out. Especially among loners. Salsolans decorated themselves much more ornately. He was caught underdressed often enough by his neighbors that he expected his manner of dress to be commented on for its lack of embellishment, not for being remarkably wealthy in appearance. Watching this stranger made him realize just how wealthy and better off a pack like Salsola was in comparison to the life of a lone wolf... Or rather, dog.

"I'm going to help you find it. I have an owl with a sharp eye trained to find what I need."

He called with a piercing whistle. A silvery white barn owl appeared from on high, but only after a period of silence. Its wings of snow speckled with ash alighted on his shoulder now. With low speech, Egregore told the bird what he was searching for: something shiny and made of glass, shaped in a strange way, thicker at the bottom and thin at the top. The bird watched him intently, then suddenly took off.

"There. We should search while he looks as well. Where did you last see that blasted thing?"

Our weapons drawn but
We've sold our souls

(Art Credit)
Odysseus’ lips curled in a smirk as the grey-furred stranger looked down at his interesting self, as if clueless.

Some people could be (clueless about how they appeared, that is), while others were overly self-conscious of it. A large wolf might stand like an ignorant titan among smaller peers, while another giant might hunch to make themselves more palatable. Others still cultivated their appearances carefully — like Odie. Presentation and comfort pertaining to his gender was part of this, as was compensating for faults like being middle-aged and rather thin from hunger.

Whatever camp Chimera fell into, he was certainly privileged enough to wear such vibrant things and look taken-care of. Odysseus’ veneer of wealth, health, and competence was thin, meanwhile: most of his sheathed blades rusted or dull, his leather faded, his dark hair without its usual sheen.

Chimera offered to help Odie look, which made his ears perk and tail give a singular wag, before he elaborated.

”An owl?” the hound started to ask, when a whistle pierced the air, making Odie jump. He stared dumbfounded at the wolfdog, then at the white-winged bird that descended seemingly from nowhere to alight on his broad shoulder. They seemed to communicate before it flew off again.

The chuckle that Odysseus uttered was almost nervous; the way he ran his hand through his hair certainly was. ”My friend, that is too much for some dingy glass! You needn’t trouble yourself or your owl.” Treasure would become trash in an instant, and Chimera would likely resent him for wasting his time. Anyone else he would assume just wanted the chance for some company as they searched, but the wolfdog seemed rather… stoic.

But Odie relented and answered. ”I hid it beneath a fallen tree, a fir, so the drink would keep cool in the water and in the shadow of the trunk.” Then: ”Really, you don’t need to help! Or, if you did…” He could live off a swig until he found something new, maybe. So… ”You are welcome to it, if we find it. Use the ale to drink or cook or cleanse, and reuse the bottle for something of better quality.”

Egregore missed Odysseus' smirk, his colorful eyes having flicked away to examine himself while the newly met stranger smiled to himself. Mind really needed to dwell on himself, then. He rarely looked in the mirror, and so he realized now that it was outside of what was normal by a wide margin to be barely aware of what he looked like. Mind was careful, he was clean, he dispatched his targets. That was all that mattered; leaving no trace. He was only self aware enough to think to glove his hands, but evidently not enough to know what his own face looked like. He pressed his lips into a fine line.

"Oh? You don't want to find it now? My bird is already searching for it, and he grows upset if I tell him to abort a mission once it's started." He smiled and gave a short chuckle. Odysseus had unique character to him, even among the strangeness of loners. "I will help you find this fir, then. I don't mind taking the bottle. I'll trade you for it, though. I would not feel right without trading you something for it."

He had something in mind he could fork over for it. From the sound of it, Odysseus was underplaying the value of it. Still, from what he was aware of, intact glass like that was on the more uncommon side of things. Once they found the damn thing, Mind would give it to him whether he wanted it or not. He turned to the search, not really allowing Odysseus to stop him. At first he was paranoid and could have become irritated, but instead he found this an entertaining alternative.

"Tell me about yourself Odysseus, what's your story? Where are you from, and what brought you here?"

Our weapons drawn but
We've sold our souls

(Art Credit)
"Ah, well, I would not want to risk the owl's wrath." Uncertain if this was a joke or a threat, Odysseus' eyes flicked skyward, but the snowy, speckled creature was out of sight. He snorted.

His ears twitched at the stranger's chuckle, and when Chimera offered to trade for the bottle, a slightly more confident smile creased his lips. Not many loners would gallantly offer to help another, not without an ulterior motive, but either Chimera was genuine, or Odie would find danger once they found the bottle. Willing to gamble with these unknown odds, the brindle hound nodded.

"Very noble of you," he said, wagging his tail. The praise might have sounded sarcastic coming from someone else, but Odie often lavished others in it -- shallow though the compliments might be, they were well-practiced.

He jogged briefly to catch up with the wolfdog's longer strides, and his smile grew at the questions, though his eyes did not quite crease with it. Such conversation was to be expected, but -- "Are you willing to answer such questions yourself, my friend? With interesting lies at least?"

Regardless of the answer, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and tilted his head back to search the dull blue sky again, squinting up one eye. "I'm from a warmer place than this," he said. "A place of dancing and duels and flowers and festivals. I'd trade it all away again for freedom, though." His voice was bright. "That was a long time ago. After that, you know how these things go -- you meet people, you lose them, you wander on again, and that's how I came here."