[P] [LCSS] A heart full of hope.
for Miss Southpaw!
Bat had a couple of objectives when she had come to the Stockshow. One: try to establish some trade connections. Two: obtain some clothes. They could kind of go hand in hand (traders had clothes, after all), but she had personal reasons for wanting clothing. Mostly that she didn't actually have any at the moment. Which, given the more "civilized" nature of the area meant she felt a bit out of place. No one really side-eyed her, but she was sometimes keenly aware that she was wearing nothing while they were in an assortment of garments. Not everyone, but enough of them. She at least needed something to wear for occasions that called for clothing. Like, if she'd had something, she probably would've worn it to the wedding. Probably she could ask Dorian to make her something, too. She was just curious what the tradesfolk here had. Eventually she'd need more than one set of clothes, anyway; she'd commission Dorian later. It'd be harder to commission someone from here.

It was easy to spot the Outfitters and since she hadn't succeeded at getting the goat she wanted, the wolf had all of her trade stock still on her person. Presumably outfitters were always looking for pelts which she'd be happy to trade to them in exchange for at least the start of a commission. She wasn't sure what value this particular outfit placed on furs. Though she'd be interested to know, since it was good for her to be aware of what everyone locally wanted in trade. Eventually she hoped to be well known for trading, a go-to at New Caledonia for anything someone might need. She'd probably need to go to Portland, too, to build connections there so that she could acquire things more difficult to get here. That was for later, though. Right now she was focusing on getting to know the trader that was here.

When she approached, she spotted a semi-familiar face; perhaps she had seen them before somewhere? It wasn't like that would be difficult, seeing as she had been here a few days now and had at least glimpsed a lot of other canines. She raised her hand and waved slightly in greeting. "Hello! Are you the proprietor here?" she asked with a friendly wave of her tail. Though she had heard the coyotes didn't really like wolves, the assumption was that they'd set aside their differences for the Stockshow, so presumably she wouldn't be greeted with a sneer. Then again, she was ready for that too. It'd just be a tougher trade than if they started off on a good foot.

When violet eyes get brighter
And heavy wings grow lighter
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again
Anya Southpaw
‘cause everything I want, is everything that's here
Anya had had a busy morning. The shop had been visited by multiple customers and she'd traded away a few of her best wares. She was quite proud of the success of the Painted Pony Outfitters foundry thus far. It was incredibly nice to have the space to run her business out of and still be able to enjoy the stock show. Between Anya, Trelawney, Peony, Gramma Dill and Esperanza the place was kept running smoothly in shifts so everyone had a chance to partake in their chosen events and still serve their time in the foundry. The seamstress was grateful for the assistance of her fellow Ashen. It made everything go so much easier.

After bidding the last customer goodbye, Anya had returned to restocking the store front. She was bustling around straightening displays, making sure things were still in order and viewable and was just coming back out from the store room with a newly completed outfit, when she noticed she had another guest in the shop, the reddish hue to the woman's pelt and her black markings making the Southpaw woman do a double take. Even the other's scent was nose-wrinklingly familiar. Tanning vats. At first she thought she was looking at Zsorthia Mercedes, Del Cenere's ex-Tanner, whom she had thought she'd never see again. But upon closer inspection Anya realized this woman was much less coydog and far more wolf and her ears stood out much taller than Z's did. Draping the brown dress over her arm, Anya moved to intercept her new customer with a gracious smile. She herself was wearing a layered black and brown skirt, a white blouse with a black cowl and a brown leather corset. Her hair was pulled up in a high pony tail and kept back off her face as she worked.

"Good morning, miss. Yes, I am. My name is Anya Southpaw." Anya told the red woman with a smile and a friendly wag of her tail. Unlike most of the other Ashen, she did not hold the same bias against wolves. She had no reason to be rude to a customer unless they gave her reason. And she'd yet to come across anyone who had tried to cheat or steal from her. She was glad for that because she didn't like having to use her skills with a blade to show others she wasn't just some weakling female shopkeep. She was of the Enkindled rank in the pack and she hadn't gotten there by sitting on the thumbs. She'd proved her mettle through hard work and loyalty of multiple kinds. La Costurera was a title she held proudly and even still she sought higher heights in the hierarchy some day.

Orange eyes quickly roved over the woman, mentally noting her size and dimensions with her eidetic memory. It was something she did by second nature, not thinking. "Can I help you find something specific today?" She asked, slightly tilting her head. It really was a lot like looking at a wolfish version of her old friend...
OOC: Basic idea of Anya's outfit. :) WC: [509]

[Image: Anya-Pixel-Mini.png]
Battalion knew she was lacking in trade materials and was a bit apprehensive about it. This place had beautiful worksmanship and she was a bit nervous that they'd toss her out with a laugh for even offering to trade with them for what she had. Tanned hides, a few furs... were those enough for an outfit that had clearly taken a long time to craft? Maybe she could at least make a down payment on one. Maybe they wanted arrows or to set up a more regular trading situation. Maybe she was nervous as hell about trading for some reason. Clothes were never something she'd focused on acquiring, so she was out of her element on what they were worth.

At least the shopkeep seemed friendly, which was a relief. Her tail wagged slightly and she smiled. "Battalion of New Caledonia. Good to meet you, Miss Southpaw." she said, recalling that that was the proper title for a female of the Ashen. At least she was pretty sure that was what she had heard. It was a fairly common politeness title when you didn't know someone's rank, anyway, so she figured it was fairly inoffensive.

"I was looking for... well, I'm not sure exactly what, to be honest." she admitted, heat flushing to her face as she realized how awkward that probably sounded. "I don't currently really have any clothing and it seems the custom in the area to have something to wear at least some of the time, so I wanted to see what you had in stock. Perhaps at least put a down payment on something, if I don't have the trade stock for it with me..." she patted her satchel which was very full with what she did have. "Anyway, um, I haven't worn a lot of clothes so I'm not even entirely sure what would suit me."

Hopefully that wasn't annoying, that she didn't know exactly what she wanted. Most salespeople (saleswolves?) knew how to work with a customer to find what they needed, though. It wasn't uncommon when she had been plying her wares in the past to have someone know they wanted a knife, for instance, but not exactly what knife. She had known how to work with them to narrow it down among whatever they had in stock. Sometimes, she sold them something that probably wasn't exactly right but was the closest they had available. Anyway, she assumed the Outfitter would have similar capabilities.

Anya Southpaw
The more Anya took in of the stranger the more she realized she had seen the woman before. At Freddy's fight night. She'd beaten the El Diente fair and square in the venue and walked away the winner. While she Southpaw woman had lost a small bet against her, she held no ill will. The black masked woman introduced herself as Battalion, a seemingly appropriate name for the fighter.

La Costurera listened patiently as her customer explained her situation and that she was uncertain as to what exactly she was looking for. Anya was used to this as many canids who came to the area had never worn clothes or at least, not full blown outfits like she supplied. The tailor was used to fitting for custom jobs and making alterations as needed. The seamstress chuckled lightly and dipped her muzzle. "You've come to the right place, Battalion." She assured the other woman with a smile. "I'm sure we can work with whatever you've got." She said and ushered her customer over to where a tall mirror stood in the corner of the shop. A crack ran through the upper left corner, but the silvery glass was otherwise intact.

Gesturing for Bat to stand in front of the mirror, Anya set down the dress she'd been holding on the counter nearby and pulled out a long white piece of string with intermittent black marks along it that she used as a tape measure. "I'm going to take some of your measurements real fast if that's alright with you?" The Ashen asked holding out the string at arms length. "Please hold out your arms to your sides for me." She instructed the New Caledonian. She'd be fast, and do her best not to make the wolfess too uncomfortable.

As she went along drawing the string up along Bat's arm length, sides, legs and around her waist and bust, Anya remained respectful and polite. She was surprised to find Battalion's measurements were almost perfect for the dress she'd just made and smirked softly at the good fortune. Perhaps that outfit would have a new owner sooner than she thought. She'd just need to confirm a few things first. "What do you do for a living if you don't mind my asking?" The Southpaw woman piped up as she withdrew the string from measuring how tall Bat was from ears to floor. Anya could whiff the scent of tanning and hides as well as New Caledonia on the woman, but didn't want to assume anything.
OOC: --- WC: [422]

Taleon would be a bit embarrassed to realize that she was recognizable now as someone who had beaten Frederick Knight in a fight. It wasn't a reputation she necessarily wanted. Especially if it meant that someone wanted to test their mettle against her. She might not have thought the whole matter through as well as she should've. At least she had won though. That counted for something. It meant that maybe her practice was working. Though she needed to do more if she actually wanted to be good at protecting herself if someone came to harm her and not just have a friendly brawl.

Anya seemed kind and was definitely an experienced saleswoman; she knew how to immediately set a customer at ease and start helping them find what they needed. Tali stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself. She probably needed to have a swim soon; her time in Del Cenere hadn't been spent in the water at all and involving herself in events (both official and unofficial) had resulted in her being mussier than usual. It was likely she wasn't the only one, though. Everyone was out of their usual element except the Gang and even the Gang was surely busier than they normally were with so many visitors.

Taleon followed the directions that the other female gave her. "Have you been making clothes for a long time?" she asked, not wanting to distract Anya from her calculations but also not wanting to just stand there like a mannequin. If she was being too distracting, she figured that the seamstress would say something. Or it'd be obvious when she mumbled a response that showed she was only half paying attention to the conversation. When she traded, she often had to keep up with both talking and the trade itself, though personally she had always tried to keep on the topic of trade. Chatting hadn't come naturally to her when she was roaming.

The question about what she did made the wolf consider how to answer for just a moment. She did a lot of things; what would she sayw as her primary occupation, though? "I hunt and then ... process what I hunt, so I tan a lot of hides, clean a lot of bones, prepare a lot of meat. I use a bow for all of that, so also making arrows and the like." she said. "I also used to trade more, before I settled in New Caledonia, so I plan to do that again soon." though she doubted there was an outfit that easily encompassed all of that. Perhaps she'd start with one, though, and then be back to commission something else later for other purposes.

Anya Southpaw
With her eidetic memory, Anya didn't need to write down any of the measurements she took of the red woman. She was experienced with moving quickly and precisely so as not to keep her customers waiting on her for long. When asked if she had been making outfits for a while, the seamstress chuckled softly in response. "Aye, ever since I was able to pick up a needle and thread and learned to stitch, I've been working with fabric and clothing." She told her client. It was true, she had started off simply mending clothes, but that turned into a passion for actually designing full outfits like she was doing for a living today.

Finishing up with the measure string as the wolfess answered about her occupation, Anya was pleasantly surprised to find that Battalion was almost exactly the right dimensions for the dress she'd just finished making. "Hmmm..." The tailor considered this and then moved to the counter where she'd draped the item and brought it over to hold it up in front of the other woman. Based on what she did for a daily living (she really was like a twin of Zsorthia!), Anya figured the outfit was almost perfect for her. If they threw in a utility belt, it would complete the look. "What do you think of this?" She asked, smiling as she held up the garment for inspection. The brown leathery fabric was tough like hide, but still pliable enough for flowing movement. "If you'd like to try it on, there's a fitting room right over there." She gestured to a small room with a curtain towards the back of the shop.
OOC: --- WC: [277]

It made her glad to see someone who seemed so passionate about their work. Battalion herself was passionate about what she did when she was able to make the choice. In the past she hadn't been permitted to make many choices, she had just been given orders on what to do and done them. Being able to say I want to do this made it feel better. Even when it was sometimes the same thing that they would've told her to do.

The seamstress brought over the garment that Bat was pretty sure she had just seen the other canine finish bringing out. The absolutely freshest of outfits, then. Her hand reached out to touch the fabric, enjoying the supple nature of it. This was both pretty and useful. The best sorts of things were that way. There was a dressing room, because apparently despite the fact that many walked around without clothes, there was some sort of privacy needed for getting dressed? Tali thought that a bit silly, but also recognized that others felt differently about their clothing changes. Especially in this form. No one could really be ashamed or feel weird about being naked when on four legs. Though she also wouldn't have been surprised if someone figured out clothes to wear in those forms.

She took the outfit from Anya. "I'll go put it on, then." she said, and went over to the dressing room.

Luckily, she did have at least enough experience with clothes to mostly put it on herself. It didn't have tons of complicated loops or ties to trip her up. That would've made it unappealing, anyway. It wasn't like she wanted someone to need to help her to get dressed when she did need to get dressed. Though she undoubtedly could've found someone to assist, it would be super awkward. Maybe someday, if she had a live-in someone, she'd get things that needed more assistance to wear.

Tali walked out of the dressing room wearing it for Anya's appraisal. "How does it look?"