[AW+] Panic! at the Courthouse
[Image: kbF2Szu.jpg]
Pandora Knight
“Lost to the world until tonight.” – Auri, “The Valley”

She had made a poor job of hiding the damage the crow had made around the courthouse, as Miny had messed up trying to fly around the entry hall. Pandora knew it was a stupid idea, to begin with, trying to explore the courthouse for any hidden treasures or secrets, but her bird took to the idea, and here she was, trying to cover up the fact that a frame and some important looking parchment lay all over the floor. Thank the All-Mother the parchment was intact, but the frame definitely wasn't.

Pan stopped for a moment and picked up the parchment, seeing the portrait of an old wolf, looking shockingly like her dad in many ways. Really hoping it wasn't his portrait, she squinted her eyes and tried to read the lettering on the page.

"Ly-ris... Stry...der. Was this Grandma?" Her head span for a moment, and she had to lean on a doorway to keep herself upright. How many of these were related to her? How come she had barely heard of this woman?

Miny swooped down, apparently unphased at the carnage she had caused, and perched on Pandora's shoulder.

"Shiny good?" She croaked inquisitively.

"Uh. Yeah. Just weird, that's all." Pandora took a deep breath and looked around and the splintered wood and debris left around the courthouse.

"I'm screwed if someone finds me. Thanks to you." She booped Miny on the head and took a moment to collect herself before attempting to clean her mess up again, or if that doesn't work, hide it.

OOC:
Word Count: 267
[Image: GOaRge4.png]
Pandora Knight
It is the duty of dust
To remind us that which must never be forgotten

Character WikiPlayer WikiExtra Links
[Image: j6HpWtw.png][Image: she_her_by_agent_pits-d88i5w4.png]

(Art by Nat)
Nilda had been flipping through some old records in the courthouse when the sound of crashing and flapping filled her ears. Looking up from the old parchment her ears flicked as she stood. What was going on? Pushing open the door to the room she had chosen to sit in she looked into the hallway before striding down it.

Entering the main entry way she saw the bird and the young girl holding the parchment. “Pandora.” She spoke her tone sharp and stern as she looked at her. “What are you doing?” She asked her tone to be much softer but still stern.

Green eyes catching sight of the broken glass after seeing what Pandora held. Lyris’s portrait in her grasp, a woman she had never known, only heard stories about.
Pandora Knight

Pandora froze as she saw her old pupsitter approach, catching her in the worst of the mess. Immediately she felt a pang of shame, knowing that it must appear to Nilda like when Pandora used to have tantrums and take her feelings out on the house and furniture around her. But she could now keep her calm, assuring herself that this situation was entirely reversible. Things could be repaired, and objects replaced in their previous positions.

"Hi Nilda," Pandora mumbled, before regaining herself and puffing her chest out slightly. "This was all the bird's fault." She chuckled darkly, and Miny croaked disapprovingly.

"I was just cleaning this up, I just, um," she stuttered, "I was just a bit confused by this picture. She looks just like Dad. How many of our family have been at the head of this pack? I know it was my grandpa before my dad, but I thought there might have been... Other families." She paused, pondering the implications. "I suppose I don't feel as unique anymore. Knowing that there are so many like us. That I probably look just like this woman too." Pandora raised the portrait to Nilda.

"Do you know anything about her? Or anyone else in this room?" The girl looked up to Nilda, wide-eyed and searching for guidance.

OOC: I hope my assumptions about Nilda are okay!
Word Count: 220
Pandora Knight
It is the duty of dust

(Art by Nat)
For someone so vicious on the battlefield she was probably one of the most tender members of Casa. The woman loved puppies and helping them grow, her antics with her own father shaping her adult life. She’d seen Pandora grow; she had been there to help at any moment needed from the time Cedric’s pups were born. She’d seen the heartache and fought to save them and still felt the pain of failing Tok. She watched them try to find their way missing a piece of their puzzle, and mentored Dagon and slowly she hoped she was helping him through his pain. Pan however aside from her games she’d never had a chance to have a heartfelt moment with it soften her as she let out a breath.

Green eyes cast to the wall of portraits before back at Pan. Gently she reached for the parchment in the girl's hands. “You? not unique?” She half chuckled as she held the parchment up to look at the dead wolf. “She looks like your father because she gave birth to him. Cedric and his sister were her last litter. She was your grandfather Luca’s mate. I don’t know a lot about her but she did serve time as Luna.” She spoke softly as she reached out to touch Pandora. A gentle dark hand to guide her down towards their Great however many fathers portrait.

“Meet Jazper Rhiannon-Knight, one of the founders of Casa and the start of the Knight bloodline in Casa.” Nilda leaned in towards Pan not touching her but close enough she could smell the youths unique to her scent with hints of her pack and siblings. “Jazper built this place to protect to build a family and he did. He had many children and even adopted some. They went off and did great things, One of his sons had three children and those children your grandfather Luca, my grandmother Grynn and Lyras Grandfather Callum. Born of this man’s blood did very real very different things. One followed the path of leadership, one reached the brotherhood and stopped choosing to be a warrior and blacksmith before leaving to start her own pack. The third mated to build a bond between packs but returned when that pack fell. And those children Pandora had children and loved and lost. “ she stopped holding up the drawing of Lyris again.

“You feel un unique because this wall is lined with your blood? You are not them, you are not her, Pandora you are you. And while there are similarities that’s only because you’re related not because you aren’t special. Be proud of who you are and where you came from, but don’t let it define you.” She spoke standing herself to her full height. “Do you want to know more?” She asked green eyes watching the youth a small smile ran across her own muzzle.
Pandora Knight

Pandora listened intently as Nilda guided her through the courthouse, her anxiety mellowing from her tender touch. It made her consider her heritage, descending from a line of Casa leadership, but equally from her mother and the Wolfe-Denahlii clan, and all of those who surrounded her with love and care. Nilda was one of these people of course, but also the strangers she met and the friends she made in Charmingtown; like Odysseus, Rex, and of course, Cami. All of these people made her who she was, not faces on a wall that she had never met.

She considered all of these people who lived before, whose actions and lives eventually led to hers, they had loved ones and friends too, their own little pieces of themselves found in those their hearts touched. In this way, little pieces of their hearts existed in her too, even if she would never know it. But the portraits she saw before her were equally touched by the hearts of countless others, how could she be anything like them? Everyone was unique because the circumstances of their lives were shaped as such. Pandora was one among many in a long, proud line, but no one else was her. Like there were no other Nildas, Odies, Rexes, or Camellias, even if they shared the name with someone else. Their hearts were unique and so was hers.

Pandora regarded Nilda with her mismatched eyes, her gifts from her parents, and saw her gentle dark green eyes looking back. Pandora could almost see the thread that linked their hearts, entwined with countless others. The girl stepped closer to the brave warrior Nilda and wrapped her arms around her, leaning her head on her shoulder.

"Thank you." She muttered, squeezing tightly. After lingering on her embrace, Pandora released Nilda from her grip, instead taking her hand.

"Can you tell me more?" She smiled warmly at her old pupsitter, completely forgetting about the mess she made a few minutes prior.

OOC:
Word Count: 332
Pandora Knight
It is the duty of dust

(Art by Nat)